• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,968 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,968

PreviousChapters Next
Thoughts… and Darkness


Draco sighed softly as he stood under the artificial waterfall beating down on him. Beside him, Fermot was sitting just as he was: legs crossed, and palms pressed together.

What was the point of this again?

You need to keep your thoughts focused. I can feel every single memory and thought rushing through your head. When you fight, you must have a clear mind. You must be aware of your enviornment, as well. What have you heard so far?

Rushing water.

Fermot chuckled softly, tilting his head up towards the falling water.

Reku'un, please, there will be time for laughter later. Now tell me. What do you hear?

Tuning his senses, Draco tried as hard as he could to drown out the sound of water rushing onto him. Slowly, the sound of splashing water became muffled. It sounded distant… like he wasn't underneath it at all.

"Nagrasa ipiboma!"

"Lolo ukara jro nuga ut nengash dot!"

"Det oq!"

He smiled softly, remembering the voice of one of the siblings of his friends. A ligishk's pants could be heard, along with the duo of barks from its two heads. From what he understood, his family once had a ligishk, which they named Yüska. It reminded him of a dog… minus the fur, and with two heads.

You hear the children playing, but do you hear the leaves rustle? The ligishk's pants are audible, but is the sound of its tail slapping its side audible? Or the training of the warriors in the distance? Can you hear our brothers watching us?

…I'm trying, Fermot.

You don't have to try, little brother. Just listen.

He did. He tried to keep himself calm, and he started picking up on the sounds of flapping wings. The tunes of distant song birds throughout the forest. And even the sound of… chewing?

Sometimes we hear too much, Reku'un.

They both laughed softly, and as Fermot stood up, Draco did the same. "I believe that's enough for today," Fermot smiled. He hopped down into the water, the pond only reaching to his stomach.

For Draco, he was forced to swim after Fermot. He inwardly chuckled at how ridiculous he looked compared to his brothers. They were each at LEAST nine feet. He still stood about six foot ten. Some of the height was thanks to the thermite, which he was still receiving regularly. Once they reached the bank, Fermot used his rites to take out the water from his own hair and cloth. Draco dried off with a towel (of sorts) and followed Fermot to Nyla and Porsha, Fermot's dragon.

They mounted their partners, and took off to their home. As they flew, Fermot could feel a degree of pain in Draco's mind. "Is there something wrong?"

Draco shook from his mental conversation with Nyla and looked over to Fermot. "Um… it's nothing, Fermot," Draco said softly.

Fermot flew closer and gave his brother a more stern look. "Remember what I taught you about emotions," Fermot chided gently.

Draco went to speak, but he kept silent and let out a deep exhale. He adjusted his grip on Nyla's reins and looked away.

"It's been six months since I've spoken to Moon or… or Ember." Fermot nodded softly. He had felt the memories of the two lifelong companions. Moon was the closest thing to a brother, and Ember was his love.

"You'll see them soon enough, brother," Fermot assured him. "Just focus like we've taught you. They'll be close to you. Here," he said as he pointed to his head, "and here." Fermot's hand rested over his heart.

A smile grew on Draco's lips, and he nodded softly. "I know."

He looked out in the direction of where he felt Ember's energy.

I know.




"He's doing well, isn't he?" Jaqeluu chuckled.

"He's handling the training better, now that's his body's adjusted," Derekosh admitted. "Do you think he's ready for your trials, Jerosh?"

Jerosh sighed lowly, sheathing his blade and moving away from the metallic dummy. "I'm still not sure," he told them.

"He's fast," Agner laughed. "He can almost keep up with me… which the three of you have a hard time doing."

"And he can hold his own against me," Derekosh added. "That must mean something."

"And with Fermot's and my experience with mental and spiritual abilities, he'll be as skilled as Figanti within the next six months," Jaqeluu said. "We don't have long before his Illness."

"I know," Jerosh said loudly, quieting his brothers. "You all remember when I first trained you all. Jaqeluu, I broke seven of your bones in one day. Derekosh, you were bleeding internally. Fermot was having brain hemorrhages. And Agner… you nearly lost your own life."

The three younger brothers all remembered the days of their training, where Jerosh held nothing back from the start. His training was equal to the Doshu'um's early training, which was why he never thought he would teach anything useful to his youngest sibling. But now, his brother was training like a regular Signa, and he would have his first taste of pain that was necessary.

"He can survive," Jaqeluu told him. "He's been through much for his level of skill. He's stronger, and his training is getting more and more difficult. See in another few months if he's ready… and consider how he'll adapt."

He closed his eyes and heard his brothers leap off the branch they had been standing on. Severing his connection with them, he started leaping as quickly as he could through the forest. He grimaced as a pain shot through his head, and he continued to leap. His Ina bond felt as though it were being strained, and he kept jumping.

At least, until he reached the Makti's training quarter.

The walls were built to keep any energy contained, and to withstand the power of a thousand Makti at their fullest. Even the Ashla would have trouble breaking out from the training facility. But for now, this was for Jerosh to release the energies building. He grabbed his head and roared in agony, falling to his knees and letting loose waves of energy.

Give.

N…NEVER!

…this will be much easier, when you GIVE IN.

GET… OUUUUUUUT!

He lost feeling in his arm, but it moved in front of him and grabbed his other, which lost feeling upon touch. Jerosh started slamming his head into the floor, his second form ripping the skin apart to surface. Bone tore out from flesh, and his energy skyrocketed with darker power. His eyes flashed between black and its usual grey.

I… said… GIVE!

Jerosh screamed as he felt his body pin itself down, a searing pain tearing through his body.

Your youngest brother gave more resistance. But then again… you haven't felt my power at its fullest.

FUCK… YO-AH!

His spine was crackling in agony, the bone feeling as though it were being crushed.

That's it… just a bit more…

E…ENOUGH!

Jerosh forced his jaw open, and a sphere of his red energy erupted into life. He gave it more mass, then fired it at the wall, and jumped in front of it. The blast sent him into the far wall, knocking him unconscious, along with the lingering beast. His body cracked and snapped as his rites receded, and he was left bloodied on the ground.

His mark slightly warped.

Author's Note:

It's been a while since I last did one of these, so here you guys are! Btw, I'm going to be giving you guys the one and ONLY Fun Fact of this story. There's not much to say, since I practically did this story on the fly! But anyways, remember to like, fav, comment and have an awesome day or night!

Fun Fact: There WILL be a crossover/alternate universe that will include this alternate, and an alternate ending to my main story To Call the Moon My Own. If you guys wanna know what's what when that comes out, check this fic out after this story is all wrapped up! (Or now, if you want).

PS

PEACES!

PreviousChapters Next