• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 18,242 Views, 1,562 Comments

Twilight's unfaithful student - Trigger_Finger



After gaining her first student, Twilight finds that it may be a little much to handle

  • ...
288
 1,562
 18,242
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 22 )

fuck that was good so glad to see the story being finished

How dark will this story get?

I will need to read through this story again before reading the finale.

I usually don't give bad reviews, but I can't give a good one here. Like many stories, this one grabs you with a likable and relatable character. My initial thought in the first few chapters was "Ash and his boomstick" in Equestria. Then as the story progressed he just got less and less relatable, and dumber and dumber and dumber. I gave up when he didn't shoot Trixies brother. I think it jumped the shark at that chapter. He goes from a character with common sense, and reasonable intelligence who makes decisions I would agree with (For the most part. After all, even the best of us are bone heads occasionally) to someone who couldn't think his way out of a paper bag.

Perhaps I just need to take a few days break and then resume after skipping forward several chapters. Perhaps things get better, but at this point the character just irritates me.

My honest opinion.

Your a good Author, I like your writing style as well as several of your stories, but you took the short-cut of steering the story by dumbing down the character. This can back fire.

The Monk

9518018

(Bear in mind I stopped reading around Chapter 12 ish.)

I rather liked the Arnie schtick. It could have been over done, but in my opinion, it wasn't. Sex wise, people are all at different levels of maturity, skill level , and outlooks about it. The only sexual meme here on this site that pisses me off to no end, is the thousands of stories where the MC has a sexual phobia. You know the type, the story even hinting at a kissing scene and the MC begins freaking the fuck out and hyperventilating into a paper bag. At least Birdy wasn't one of those. i think he is 18 ish, age wise.

I think the reason the campy Arnie stuff and the puns didn't bother me so much, is because I saw the character from the beginning as "Ash from Army of Darkness" like. More of a campy, spoof hero. But his continuous loss of IQ as the story progressed just did it in for me. His choices during the F & F Cat encounter was a massive WTF moment, as was all his decisions during the Trixie and Bro encounter. I simply could not relate at all. It really says something when a character makes a decision so ridiculous that it literally pulls you out of the story.

The Monk

9517900
I'm sorry, you'll be missed.

9651616
Holy shit man that sounds like a fucking adventure. Cage fighting and gambling rings are things I only hear in movies and stuff. And it is really good to hear you getting better too. Keep on grinding man.

Normally I'm a sucker for long romance fics, but there has been absolutely zero relationship development between Twilight and Evan aside from Evan developing some weird mommy complex and Twilight demonstrating every wrong method of trying to get their crush's attention. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a seemingly perpetual cycle of visiting a pony, getting asked to do a favor for said pony, getting hospitalized with near fatal injuries while doing this favor, and then having to spend the next chapter jacking off to get rid of a side affect that doesn't even happen for the medicine administered in real life, get home, wash, rinse, repeat. His obsession with guns and trench coats is also quite unsettling, and this is coming from an American.

Comment posted by Shadowblade019 deleted Nov 21st, 2019

I really liked the story (excluding the clop). It had some real pull towards the end with impactful events occurring like in the caves and such. I'm slightly confused about what happened to Evan after the end though since it sounded like they were both pulled out, but then it sounds like only Evan disappeared. Thank you for the engaging story that kept me reading for almost 900,000 words! Best of luck to you in your future writings. :twilightsmile:

ps: (The picture is slightly misleading for the story)

10161182
Not saying sexy times is l8 but just that this dude doesnt even have a hint they r into him in the first place after sooooo long cause it doesnt take weeks to notice such obvious clues let alone months

Im also not saying bad writing its just that 16-17 chapters 3-10k words each of misinterpretation i mean twilight litterally comes out and says she like likes him to his face AND HE STILL PLAYS THE " yea i like you too (as a sister cause idk wat else kinda love u mean)" bs i mean i thought i was dense but this guy.... So no its not sex with pones im lookin for in this story its the main character that is sooooooo thick in the head that short of twilight jumping his bones i doubt he will get the idea.

... Imma read it through cause dammit im stubborn its just a few bits that get on mah nerves

10288911
My point still stands lol

800k words with only romance, slice-o-life, OC, and Purplesmart? I kinda like a little Drama or Adventure in my stories somewhere, is this worth reading?

10470262
its weird, cool, awkward, and sometimes badass. that’s all i can say about it.

10651706
Hmm... Hmm hmmm hmmmmmmmmm. I'll consider it, took a break from fics for a bit cuz I was actually binging them to an... unhealthy amount but I feel like I'm in the market again so to speak, might be nice to read something low-stakes. Thanks for the answer, btw, I value fellow reader opinion a lot more than the site stats (they always seem inaccurate or really... unbalanced)

Just finished binging this one, and wow what a wild ride. I kinda feel like the cover image and title are a little misleading, so for anyone on the fence about this, it is basically a slice-of-life romance punctuated by over-the-top action and gratuitous violence. There is clop, and sometimes the clop can be a little... strange, but overall the story is really interesting and well crafted, barring a few weird wording choices. It's pretty long at nearly 900k words and gets really silly with how crazy the action plots are, so a little suspension of disbelief is recommended for full enjoyment.

When Lassie died, the first time, i thought Burdy would've gone John Wick on Tristan

Damn, just finished story after letting UT sit on my bookshelf...and it is soooo GOOD!

So many heartstrings moments in it, with big twists and everything!

I'm only on chapter 15 and this story is ridiculous.
He's clearly a Gary Stu that has everything fall into his lap, sometimes literally.
He's not just a gun owner but a true gun nut that has to describe his weapons every time he looks at one.
He does little things that don't make sense and make me actually 'huh' when he does them.
Lately his mastery of gun-fu caused him to shoot himself in the head with a self discharging shotgun shell.
Wtf is going on here?
I don't mind the sex scenes and all that, but when he's trying to be real he falls short by a few paces landing on his face and earning the love of some other pony that happens to be nearest to him.
I'll give it a couple more chapters but if it doesn't improve I'm gonna call it, sadly. Even though I've been trying to read this story for a few years I'm not impressed enough to tough it out.
Also Flim and Flam are too overused as good guys that know WAY more than they should, breaking down a truck's transmission and rebuilding a whole truck after disassembling it with exact perfection.
C'mon.
Really?!
And what's with his mommy issues that has him identify any mare or cow as his mother figure whether they want it or not?!

I downloaded this to read on my kindle, as it's so much easier to read long stories on it instead of in my browser! It took over a week to read. I was going to post a long comment about how much I both loved and hated it, until I saw that the author hasn't been "online" since Xmas Eve 2019. πŸŽ…β›„πŸŽ:scootangel: I can't imagine why, as there are still people reading this! But, I still have a lot to say, so here's a not-as-long comment:

My main complaint was regarding the editing job. To sum it up in one word, "homonyms." (Giggity.) For example, "it's" vs. "its," "your" vs. "you're," etc. I lol'd when I read "whine" in place of "wine"! Also fun: "crummy" vs. "crumby." Feeling "crumby" means that you've been eating cookies in bed and have crumbs everywhere!
media0.giphy.com/media/BWoUbBTz1yuhW05Sgp/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cw85hpf3nlc1dx7cl92rwie3sh7od2j5gabeernt&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I skimmed over most of the clop (except much of Rarity's :raritywink:), the violence (which just keeps getting dumber & dumber), & the FAR-too-long WWII flashbacks. Do they serve any purpose, besides traumatizing poor Princess Luna? (I love the earlier comment "In Soviet Russia, horse ride YOU!") Buried under all of that is a good story.

I genuinely LOVE the reformed Nightmare Moon, which by itself makes this story worth reading. The love story between Evan and his truck reminds me of "Christine." I wish T_F had thought of that! Could you imagine if Cadence came to life and tried to kill everypony? Idea for the sequel, since NmM rescued Derrick & Evan from Hell. (Was that scene added at the last minute? What happened to them next?) I also love Derpy, the chess genius. :derpytongue2: Where did she get Scrabble? Did Evan have it in his truck?

There was never a good explanation as to why one day, Lassie was as intelligent as regular Equestrian animals, like Angel, but then the next, she was suddenly as vocal as a horny teenage girl. (Genetic engineering is always fun!) I like most of the epic final battle in Hell/Tartarus, save for the glaring lack of Tirek. (I wonder if Trig was saving him for the sequel.)

Finally, my other big complaint is how T_F handled Twilight's crush on Evan. I think that instead of ponies trying to convince him that he should let go of his "mommy issues" and pursue a relationship w/ Twi, she should be the one pressured to let go of her inappropriate feelings and love him like a son. Why shouldn't he be free to pursue hot & sweaty sex w/ Rarity? I almost liked her clop scenes, and read more than I skipped. (She and Aloe making out was almost hot.)

One more thing: Leather is the SKIN FROM MURDERED COWS. I can't imagine it being available to make clothing out of, or Rarity wanting to be within a mile of it. Now, I ain't no tree-hugger, and I like leather as much as the next redneck, but I just don't think ponies would approve of using cowhide for clothing.

Comment posted by darkangel23r deleted Sep 2nd, 2023

came back to this fic after a long time, πŸ₯‚ heres to a long and uninterrupted read! hopefully i remember where i left off and what had happend till now:twilightblush: :facehoof:

Login or register to comment