• Published 7th Jun 2013
  • 15,384 Views, 1,484 Comments

Wake up. See this. What do? - Part 2: Raise the Flag (comment driven story) - RazortheAwesome



Part 2 of the epic story: Wake up. See this. What do? The adventures of the human Jason Morgan continue as he takes on the most dangerous adversary Equestria has ever seen by far, and as always, the question remains. What do you do?

  • ...
18
 1,484
 15,384

PreviousChapters Next
Equestrian Daily Routine

Channel Dovahkiin, you wanna eat like a nord! :flutterrage:

After you do that proceed to channel both your inner Dohvakin cause you are one hungry mutha fucka!

channel dovaking FUS RUH DAH :flutterrage:

Dohvakin, channel Dohvakin.

a.k.a. Dragon Born

1. Dovahkiin and King Arthur

1.) inner Dovahkiin and Solid Snake

As... As awesome as it would be to channel your inner Dovahkiin (or Dragonborn if you prefer), you think that doing so would not necessarily be a good idea, and it really wouldn't be.

There are a few reasons for this.

1.) Channeling fictional characters doesn't actually give you their abilities or powers, it just makes you instinctively react to situations and overcome problems like they would. The best example of this was when Pinkie Pie had you tied to a table in Sugarcube Corner. At the time, you were channeling Alex Louis Armstrong and tried to use your awesome muscles and strength to try and break the table you were tired to. Since you WERE NOT Alex Louis Armstrong however, that worked about as well as you would expect (the table didn't even budge). Just because you were channeling Alex Louis Armstrong doesn't mean you got his incredibly strength. At the end of the day, you are still Jason Morgan.

2.) Since The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an RPG, the Dovahkiin is kind of a non character. He has no unique personality or set character traits, or even appearance, as every aspect of that is defined by the player. So really, the character of the Dovahkiin only is who the player wants him to be. He's not like Solid Snake where he has a defined personality and set of skills.

3.) The only really unique trait you would get out of channeling the Dovahkiin would be the dragon voice, but since we already established that YOU DO NOT GET THE POWERS OF THE CHARACTERS YOU CHANNEL, you wouldn't be able to do the voice even if you wanted to while channeling him. Which is a shame cause it would be awesome if you could go around FUS RO DAH'ing people... or ponies in this case.

So yeah. As awesome as it would be if it worked that way, you're not going to channel the Dovahkiin.

Character slot 1: the 10th Doctor pre-rose losing

Character slot 2: King Aurthur (Monty python and the holy grail)

2. Channel The Doctor and King Arthur

Channel dr who then find out what you can about risen flag something about him is still bothering you.

1. Channel the Doctor and King Arthur.

Character Slot 1: The Doctor

1. Dovahkiin and King Arthur

Step 5:Channel King Arthur (Monty Python)

Since channeling the Dragonborn is out. You decide to put The Doctor back into your first character slot.

Character slot 1: The Doctor

His intelligence, problem solving skills, and ability to deal with aliens species has served you well in the past. Plus, it helped you out in other ways you didn't expect. You're not entirely sure, but you think you might have invented the banana daiquiri here in Equestria. So with that logic, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also since you didn't specify which doctor you wanted, then by default you go with the latest doctor, which has the combined memories and experiences of all of them. So yeah, that should help you out quite a bit.

For your second character option, you decide to go with the great king of England himself, King Arthur.

Character slot 2: King Arthur

You were really inspired when you saw his sword in Celestia's vault, so you decide to give channeling him a try. Other than his amazing leadership skills and the ability to use that sword (which is still in Celestia's treasure vault by the way), you're not quite sure what this will give you, but hey, it might turn out to be a good choice.

Also since you don't specify which iteration of King Arthur you want, you're not sure what you'll get, but its not like it could go wrong. Hell, it might even let you channel ALL of them. Which is most likely the case.

So, with that done you're set with.

Character slot 1: The Doctor

Character slot 2: King Arthur

********* slot 3: *Ability locked*

You know, ever since you've started using this "fictional character channeling" system, you can't help but wonder exactly how in the bloody hell it works. Sure, you know it doesn't give you the abilities of the character, but like with The Doctor loophole, you've found ways to exploit it before, or just even ignore it completely in some cases.

So yeah, you keep wondering how the hell this even works.

Put on your clothes. Ever since you ended up in Equestria, you've never felt completely safe without clothes.

Next, do your usual morning thing; Make breakfast, coffee, etc.

Now that you're fed and caffeinated, there's one question you have to ask: Can you channel ponies? They're fictional from your point of view, but you may be unable to.

Well first of all get dressed, just because the locals don't constantly wear clothes doesn't mean you shouldn't.
With that done, cook some scrambled eggs to get a little protein in your diet, you've had nothing but veggies and fruits and pastries for God knows how long thanks to these herbivores.

Eggs are the only remotely meaty thing they got (Which they do have because how else would they make cakes and other sweets ?)

Put on some god forsaken pants,

Step one: Get dressed

have breakfast.

1. Get dressed.

3. Make breakfast for you, Bon Bon, and Lyra.

2. Get Dressed
3. Make breakfast for three

2. Put on some pants

4. Get breakfast

First step: Get breakfast.

Step 1: Get dressed.
Step 2: Breakfast!

You decide that such questions are better pondered after (or during probably) some breakfast. So, with that in mind, you get up off of Lyra and Bon Bon's couch and throw on some pants. Hey, just because these ponies go around naked all the time doesn't mean you're going to. Plus, given all that's happened, you've never really felt safe without clothes. Either way though, you have pants on now.

You then make your way over to the kitchen, and THE ABSOLUTE FIRST thing that you do is make some coffee. You're not the only one who drinks it in this house. Once that is done you head over to the fridge and look inside. You kind of have to admit, you've been kind of missing the taste of meat (and when you get back home the first thing you're gonna do is grab a cheeseburger somewhere) since you got here. Not that you're complaining, but still, you miss it, and as herbivores, they don't have any.

You do notice that they have some eggs however, which you thought was strange at first, but then again, they do make things like cakes, cookies, and waffles, and other things that do require eggs, so you guess it does make some sense. Then again, with them being herbivores, you're not sure if they ever tried to eat the eggs themselves. You're not even sure what they'll think of you for doing that.

You decide not to let that worry you. You've already told them that you eat meat anyway (and they were okay with it so long as you didn't eat ponies, which you don't... not in any way...), so its not like they will be completely shocked. Lyra actually found it kind of fascinating that you eat meat for some reason.

Anyway, you take out a couple of eggs and start scrambling them as the coffee finishes. You also throw in some toast while you're at it. As you're busy making eggs, your mind goes back to your fictional character system.

Can you channel ponies? They're fictional from your point of view, but you may be unable to.

One of the things you wonder about is whether or not you can channel ponies. They aren't exactly fictional since you are living right here in a world with them currently, but they are kind of fictional in your point of view. Actually, that point is kind of hard to argue when you can physically touch you. As well as... do other things... with you...

Plus, it's not like any of the ponies you've met have useful skills that you can use anyway.

I wonder what happens if you channel a character in both slots.......

You also start to wonder what would happen if you channeled the same character in both slots. You suppose that would be rather pointless, since all you would basically be doing is channeling the same abilities twice, which does nothing really. Part of you thinks that you might become that character, but you know that's impossible. At the end of the day, you are still Jason Morgan, and you don't really want to be anyone else.

Then there is that third character slot...

4. Ask Ghost Pinkie Pie how to unlock third fictional character slot.

"I'll ascend,

And venture forth,

And drop the pulse,

Elysium."

The Ghost of Pinkie Pie suddenly sings out of nowhere. Actually, can you really call her a ghost, cause Pinkie Pie is still around and...

"Hail the days,

Of fire and thunder,

Pinkie shooting,

Lightning bombs."

Ah screw it, you'll never get an answer to that. Although, she is only a figment of your imagination, something that exists in the dark recesses of your mind. If that's the case then... Well, it can't hurt to ask.

"Light us all up,

Pinkamena,

Blasting o-."

"Hey, Pinkie," you say to her, interrupting your song. She immediately stops singing and looks straight at you.

"Yes, Jason."

"You wouldn't happen to know how to unlock that third fictional character slot would you?" You know that asking her this is a long shot, but what the hell. She just stares at you blankly for a few moments, not moving or blinking. She's just a floating head of Pinkie Pie looking at you with those big blue eyes. After a few moments, she closes her eyes and puts on her classic "Pinkie smile" as she answers your question.

"I have no idea," she says.

"Figures," you say in response. Somehow you knew that was what she was gonna say. You don't let it bother you though and return to your eggs as ghost Pinkie Pie returns to her singing.

After a few minutes, you serve yourself some nice scrambled eggs, toast, and coffee. You had to admit, they were quite good. Just as you start eating, you watch Lyra walk into the kitchen.

5. Laugh at Lyra's 'bed-mane'

2.) laugh at Lyra's bed-mane

"Morning, Jason," Lyra says as she walks in sounding like a zombie. Or like a pony whose just barely woken up. Either one works.

"Morning... Lyra," you kindly say in response. It takes all of your considerable willpower to resist laughing at Lyra's bed hair... mane.... whatever, you're still not entirely used to that. It wasn't the bed mane itself that got you, no not at all. You've seen Lyra wake up with bed manes before, but this.... there was only one possible way she could have gotten a bed mane like this.

While under normal circumstances you would not breech the subject, but since you know Lyra would if your positions were reversed.

"So..." you say to her while trying to hold back laughing, and barely failing. Lyra just walks over and serves herself some coffee. "How was Bon Bon last night?" Lyra doesn't answer, instead, she plops herself down at the kitchen table, drinks her coffee, and asks you a question as she looks right at your food.

"Um... what are you eating?" At that you stop trying to hold back laughter, cause it's all just left you. Turns out you were right. Ponies have never seen eggs prepared like this.

-One breakfast and slightly awkward conversation later-

Step one: Get dressed

Also be happy. I mean dang it man, no one's out to get you that you know of, Twilight's in Canterlot with the Princess, you're crashing with friends, just be happy!

Now get up and Walk the Dinosaur! Take a shower and sing while you do so! Get dressed and go down to breakfast with a spring in your step! Then cheerfully go out to help Applejack on the farm because dang it life is good and you're safe as can be!

As far as you know.

Go get ready, maybe have a shower, get some clothes on

Ok first off take a shower it will add +25 to your current awareness of your surroundings.

2. Put on some pants
3. Do the safety dance

Second Step: Take shower.
Third Step: Get dressed.
Fourth Step: Get to work you you lazy idjit. (and yes, I intentionally spelled Idiot wrong)

Step 3: Equipment check, make sure you have your knife!

After breakfast and a short conversation with Lyra in which you had to explain to her what scrambled eggs were and how you prepared them (also that this is common for humans), you head upstairs to take a shower, passing Bon Bon who is coming downstairs with a bed mane just as bad as Lyra's as you do.

Your shower goes really quick, and oddly enough, you felt the urge to sing the Safety Dance as you did. You have absolutely no idea why. Really, you are just incredibly happy. No one's out to get you anymore, Twilight is in Canterlot hopefully trying to get you home, and you're crashing with some awesome friends. You've got nothing to worry about at all. It was one hell of an adventure you went through, but by the beards of Odin and Zeus you made it out all right.

After your shower you get your actual work clothes on. Your worker jeans, your red shirt, and your workman's boots of course. After that, you run an equipment check, just to make sure you have everything.

Items in your possession:

-Knife (secured nicely in a holster around your belt)

-Compass

-Notepad and pen

-Crayons

-Some spare bits from Lyra

Yeah, you are pretty sure that is everything. You should be good to go.

Just as you walk downstairs however...

"HE ATE WHAT!!!???" You hear Bon Bon shout from the kitchen.

"It's a human thing," you hear Lyra respond. "Humans are omnivores, remember? They don't just eat plants like we do." Right as you pass by the kitchen, Bon Bon suddenly turns to look at you, and within an instant, she is right in front of you.

"Jason, did you really fry up some raw eggs and eat them?"

"Yeah," you reply while trying not to laugh at her obvious 'bed mane,' "Is that a problem?"

"Well, no," Bon Bon replies, albiet a bit nervously, as was her want. "But it's just um... umm.... weird. It's not really something that I think ponies would have ever tried to do." You suppose you can kind of understand that.

"Will it be a problem if I do that every once in a while?" you ask her just to be safe.

"Well... no..." she replies. "But it's..."

"Oh lighten up Bonnie," Lyra says as she walks over and puts her hoof around Bon Bon's neck. "It's not that bad. Actually, I think I might wanna try some now." You watch as all the color from Bon Bon's face drains instantly upon hearing that.

"Anyway," you say to the two of them in an effort to get out of this awkward situation as quickly as possible. "I'm gonna head over to Sweet Apple Acres. I still got work to do there after all. I'll see you guys later."

"Bye, Jason," Lyra says to you. Bon Bon just remains silent.

"Bye Lyra, Bye Bon Bon," you say as you walk out the door and close it behind you.

You walk outside and take in a HUGE breath of fresh air. Every time you walk out into Ponyville you still can't quite believe just how nice it is. The sky is blue, there aren't any clouds in it, the sun is shining. It is an absolutely beautiful day.

You've still got a bit of time before you have to be at Sweet Apple Acres. You can either go straight there or walk around for a little bit. But if you do that, you have to decide where to do (and what ponies you'll meet).

So... it's a brand new day.

What do you do?

-Meanwhile, in orbit far above Equestria-

Quick authors note:

This is a message for SwimingDalek98, Gordon Freebrony, Registered Anonymous, Grey Rebl, and anyone who may decide to join them in what they are doing. I've done some thinking about this and this is how this is going to work. Since you all are officially part of the story now, anything that you say or talk about in the comments isn't going to apply unless I say so. Basically, they will work like regular comments. For example, when I showed Slenderman in the computers and one of you says something like "Find Slenderman" Unless I specifically use the comment "Find Slenderman" in the story, then it won't apply. Basically, you can only find Slenderman if I allow the comment and use it. Your conversations, plans, and everything else basically work the same as regular comments now, and they will only apply to the story if I say they do. Sorry it has to work this way, but I have to be fair to the story and everyone else. So yeah... Plus, if I let you solve everything like this. It would be too easy. :D

Also if there is no section of the story featuring your characters, I will just post which of your comments will apply in future chapters. If I don't post anything relating to you guys, then just assume that none of your comments were accepted (which is unlikely but yeah...). Again, sorry it has to work this way but yeah.


"So, tell me again, what is this thing exactly?"

"It is a perception filter. It influences the-"

"Oh for god's sake just let me explain it. Seriously, it's hard to listen to you guys sometimes."

Commander of the Reformed Dalek Empire: Swimming Dalek

Name: Swimming Dalek (code name)
Short Description: Likes swimming (doi), Italian food (seriously, don't get between me and a pasta.... you will regret it), and space (space, space, I like space... I'M IN SPACE!)
Weapon of Choice: When the Reformed Dalek Empire isn't backing me up, I use a pair of Wild West-style dueling pistols which have ammo lined with spikes, embedding them in enemy flesh
Gear: Dalekanium-based armor (+ 800 to defense)
Heavy coat (+ 50 to Intimidation)
iPod with earbuds shaped like tiny little Daleks ships (+ 700 to I-don't-give-a-fuck-what-you're-talking-about)
Deck of Cards (- 80 to Boredom)
Traits: ADHD (able to process information faster, and formulate plan of attack faster, and annoy others in social situations)
Glutton (eats food surprisingly quick)
Sarcasm King (insults form better)
Special Perk: Empathy (form alliances and friends faster)

"It's called a perception filter. It doesn't change your actual appearance, but it will influence the brainwaves of whomever or whatever is looking at you so that you will appear however you want to them. For example." *tinkers with the device a little* "See?"

"Oh my god... you're actually a-"

"A pony, yes I know." *turns device off* "This one is set to make you appear as if you are ponies. You won't actually turn into ponies, but whomever is looking at you will see you as one. Here you try it." *Gives it to him.*

*Turns it on* "Well Spock, how do I look?"

"It would appear that Commander Swimming Dalek's description of the device's function was accurate captain. In my eyes, and I assume in Commander Dalek's eyes as well, you now appear as if you are a member of the native species of the planet below us. In other words, you appear as if you are a pony."

*One of the hackers and a scientist dalek approach

"Commander. We have integrated the AI we have received from-"

"We took the AI those ponies from Appaloosa sent us and integrate it into the ships computers."

Artificial Intelligence Program of the Appaloosa Intelligence Agency

Name: Type2 - OV, AKA Borealis Antanana
Gear and Weapons: Varies from the Machinery the AI possesses. ( N/A)
Traits: Humor and Curiosity Functions ( +50 Friendship, +40 Intelligence). Clarity Amidst the Battle ( +100 Intelligence, +75 Support, designed to give info even in the heat of battle). Artificial Ghost ( Physical Attacks or Elements would not be effective) Creative Inventor ( Could make anything out of anything).
Special Perk: After numerous encounters with Slenderpony, and careful analysis, the AI is able to move around in the form of an EM wave (Move through walls and possess machines, ect).

"My systems are on and fully functional. The Appaloosan Intelligence Agency is at your command."

"Thank you."

*Someone else pops his head out from behind some machinery in the distance.

"I wonder what's in here?"

Leader of the human hacker team: Registered Anonymous

Name: Registered Anonymous
Short Description: Likes being... anonymous. Likes bashing things across the face with a nine iron. Can bake cookies like a bawse.
Weapon of Choice: A magical nine iron that was forged by golf dwarves of the second era of the internet.
Gear: Wide brimmed hat (+10 to defense)

Anonymous Mask ( +100 to defense, +75 to attack, +50 to Agility, Allows wearer to dodge most melee attacks at a 25% success rate per attack)

Trench Coat (+20 to defense)

Nokia Cellphone Bullet Proof Suit (Reduces all incoming damage by 65%)

Military Grade Gloves (+35 to defense, +10 to attack)

Military Grade Boots (+40 to defense, +5 to attack, +25 to agility)
Traits: Relentless Determination (+100 to will power)
Hard to Keep a Good Man Down ( 85% chance of getting back up instantly if knocked down or defeated)
Ain't Afraid of Nuthin' (+100 to courage)
Special Perk: Anonymous Mindset (+1000 to Unpredictability)

"*sigh* Sorry Swimming, Registered Anonymous is... well, he's nuts."

"I can see that."

"Yeah, he's good at what he does, but he's just unpredictable sometimes."

"WHERE ARE YOU!!??" *runs away*

"Right now he things there is something wrong with our computers and he's *inhales* 'Trying to find it so he can talk with it over some cookies and tea'."

"I see. Is there anything wrong with your systems?"

"No, not that we can find. Everything is working as it should, and with the Appaloosan AI we should be able to run system checks and establish communications much faster and more efficiently."

"All right, well have it run a diagnostics check just to make sure. We'll run a sweep through out own systems as well."

"All right, sounds good."

"Captain, if you don't-"

"I understand, sir."

*Kirk and Spock turn to leave while Swimming Dalek leaves with the hacker and Scientist class Dalek*

"Captain, if we are going to organize an away team then might I advise that we do not bring any more high tech equipment other than what we need onto the planet. The residents of this planet are-"

"I know Spock, and I agree with you. We won't bring anything other than what we need. If we run into any problems we can just have Scotty beam us back up to the ship. Right now though, you and I have to have a talk with someone important."

"Who would that be sir?"

"The fourth member of our away team."

-A few minutes later, at the Enterprise holding cells-

*Kirk and Spock walk in*

"You..."

*Person in cell turns to look at them*

(Former) Crew member of the USS Enterprise: Gordon Freebrony

Name (and Title) Evolved Ensign Gordon Freebrony of the Starship Enterprise.
Short description: Once ensign, now one-man-army, Gordon Freebrony is still a member of Starfleet, albeit he has become a lone wolf. The Enterprise will lend him and the rest of the army support throughout the missions.
Weapon of Choice: Crowbar +5 (+500 to baddassedness, 2d20 of bludgeoning damage, plus morale damage to opposing armies [they are being beat up by a crowbar for Celestia's sake.])
Gear:
Armored suit, (immunity to bullets, lacerations, abrasions, and damage below neck. Vulnerability in head)
Crowbar
Massive amounts of bullets and guns, rarely used, including 9mm handgun, MP5 with grenade launcher attachment, RPG, 12 gauge shotgun (8 shots), .356 Magnum revolver, a phaser pistol
10 Grenades.
5 satchel charges.
Special traits:
Badass: 50% chance to cause fear into enemies when charging into battle
Support: Gets periodical random drops from orbiting starship.
One Man Army: Gets +100 to all attacks when outnumbered and with one or less additional people in party.
Special Traits:
Fearlessly Intelligent: Immunity to Fear and all mind-affecting spells and affects, 65% chance to instantly solve a practical or scientific problem.
Ability Scores:
Strength: 15 (+6)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 18 (+5)
Intelligence: 17 (+7)
Wisdom: 11 (+0)
Charisma: 14 (+3)
(the parenthesized +'s are addons from armor and gear, not pluses to combat and other scenarios)

"Yes, Captain."

"You brought us here. Now you're going to help us figure out why."

Author's Note:

And with this, we truly begin.

Status: Edited

Blazewings thunder: 4
Masterweaver: 2
somepony1: 1

PreviousChapters Next