• Published 7th Jun 2013
  • 15,384 Views, 1,484 Comments

Wake up. See this. What do? - Part 2: Raise the Flag (comment driven story) - RazortheAwesome



Part 2 of the epic story: Wake up. See this. What do? The adventures of the human Jason Morgan continue as he takes on the most dangerous adversary Equestria has ever seen by far, and as always, the question remains. What do you do?

  • ...
18
 1,484
 15,384

PreviousChapters Next
There is Only One Page (Part 1: Main Story)

Authors note: Originally I was going to have both the main and side stories in the same chapter like I usually do, but after I saw how long this chapter was getting and the fact that this was taking a while. I decided to split them up, cause I figured you all deserved something. So yeah... The story will continue after the second half of this chapter is released, but you can still leave your suggestions at the end of this chapter for the main story if you want. Any suggestions for the side story are going to have to wait until the second half of this chapter is released. Sorry, but that is the way it has to be right now. Sorry.

Jason, don't tell them that you've spent the entire afternoon abusing experimenting with your powers until you have apologized for traumatizing them all.

Jason, I recommend that, first, you try to calm the girls down. Anyone would be freaked out of their minds by what you showed them. Sure, these girls seem to be able to hold their own, but that doesn't mean they're fine after seeing a manticore get it head ripped apart, and you nearly get the same treatment. Calm them down. Especially Fluttershy. It's pretty clear that she doesn't have much mental fortitude, so that probably hit her harder than the others.

Apologize and explain, you ever lovin' ass of a man! I forgot that ya ain't said sorry yet! Ghost Pinkie, b:yay:h slap 'im!

Before you start, you take in a deep breath and let it out. This is not going to be easy for any of you (you especially), and you know that, but it has to get done. Might as well get it over with now, but first thing is first.

"Okay, before anything else," you begin as you get yourself straightened out. You're still kind of not used to sitting on the floor like the rest of them are.... Okay, Rarity has a pillow, but still. You would prefer it if you had a chair. That is beside the point. "I want to say that I'm sorry."

"What for, darling?" Rarity asks you. Normally you would feel a bit uneasy at her calling you 'darling' given your history with her, but at this point, you've moved past that. Petty affairs of the past aren't gonna get in the way of things now. Plus, you've seen her call other ponies that, so you're not going to hold it against her.

"For scaring you all half to death by showing you my fight with Haypennywise," you say to them. One way or another, you had to say this to them.

"H..... Haypennywise?" Fluttershy asks, seeming a little bit nervous. Well, even more nervous than usual.

"That demonic clown pony I fought in the forest," you explain to them. "That's it's name."

"How... how do you know that?" Fluttershy asks. Just as you are about to answer though, the entire world suddenly freezes as if somebody PUT A PAUSE ON THAT PAW BUSTER!

And suddenly, that's when the avatar of Razortheawesome shows up again with a sudden flash of light, better known as Q style.

Yeah um, that's my fault actually. The avatar of Razortheawesome then begins to explain in his usual bold text format. You see, a lot of you seem to forget, though this is an easy mistake to make so I'm not really blaming you, that just because YOU know Haypennywise's name does not necessarily mean that Jason here does. In fact, never once did Haypennywise ever tell Jason his name or lead him to believe that was his name at all. Hell, the closest thing that Jason would have as far as a name for it would be Pennywise since the creature in question bears quite a few similarities to Pennywise the Clown, which is kind of fitting since this character IS a ponified version of Pennywise the Clown, but I digress. You see, just because you know the name of the monstrosity that tried to maul Jason within an inch of his life does not mean that he does. I'm giving you this one for free, but try to keep that in mind next time, otherwise it just makes slightly more work for me here. So yeah, just giving you all a friendly reminder here.

And then at that, with his explanation done, he turns around to leave, but right as he does however, he turns back around, since he forgot something.

Oh, and uh, sorry for the long wait everyone. We were busy.... Really busy....

And then, just as he came, the avatar of RazortheAwesome disappears Q style and the story is allowed to resume.

"I... I don't know," is all you can reply to that. "I just do." And it's true, you really don't know how you know that that monstrosity that attacked you was named Haypennywise. If anything it bears a resemblance to Pennywise from the movie IT, but this one was a pony so... yeah. Now if some kind of avatar of the entity that was in charge of all this bullsh*t would show up and explain just how exactly you know that information, then everything would make sense.

Already took care of that.

The f*ck was that? Meh, it's probably not important anyway.

What is important though is that you get on with your apology.

"Look, it doesn't matter," you say to them as you shake your head clear of all those weird thoughts for a moment. Seriously, where did those come from? "What I'm trying to say right now is that I know that it definitely was not the easiest thing for all of you to see." That's a bit of an understatement coming from you, the one who had to experience it, but this is about them, not you. "And I know that I showed it to you in a way that probably made you feel a bit uneasy, but... I... I just knew that none of you would have believed me unless you saw what happened to me, and... Well... It was the only way I knew how." At this point, you draw your eyes back up to all of them. "So for what it's worth. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for traumatizing you all like that." As you say that, you drop your head down and look at your hands. What were you thinking showing them that? You might not have know much about these ponies or what's normal here in this world, but you can still tell that what you did was beyond even them. Perhaps it would have been better if you just told them what happened and let them think what they want, that way-

"It's all right," you suddenly hear Applejack say after several moments of awkward silence. The moment her words hit your ears, pick your head up and divert your eyes and attention to her. "You did what yah had to." she says to you as she drags her right forehoof back and forth across the floor. Her eyes are more on the floor than they are on you for the moment, but after a few moments of dragging her hoof she looks back up at you. "And yer probably right. We probably wouldn't 'ave believed yah. Heck, Ah'm the element of honesty and even Ah would have called yah a liar." And she brings that up again. Seriously, whatever these "elements of harmony" are, they must be pretty important to them. Also, it makes no sense, are the elements themselves physical objects, are THESE PONIES the elements of harmony? Gah, why are you even thinking about it, it's not like it's gonna matter.

Also I would like to remind everybody that this WHOLE STORY takes place before the last episode of season 3. Hence why Twilight doesn't have her wings.

There it was again.... Gah, whatever it is it's probably not important.

"Ah mean, yeah, ya'll scared us," Applejack continues. "But what were ya'll supposed to do? Not tell us that you almost got made a chew toy out of by some...." She pauses for a moment after that and puts a hoof to her chin. "Thing." Yeah, she probably couldn't come up with any better words. "And like Ah said. You were probably right, just tellin us might not 'ave been enough."

"Yeah," Spike chimes in. "I mean if I had the ability to project my thoughts like that, Celestia knows I'd do it too." And at that point you notice Rarity suddenly look away from him and you up towards the ceiling. Not sure what her deal is.

"Look, what Ah'm tryin to say is this." Applejack says as she gets up and starts walking around the table towards you. She stops right before she reaches you though. "Yah don't need to apologize." Then at that, she continues walk up to you and puts a hoof on your right shoulder, which makes you look up right into her eyes. "Yah don't need to worry about scarin' us. You came out of it all right, that's all we care about."

You... That's honestly the best response you could have hoped for. Yeah, you knew they'd probably understand, but at the very least you thought they'd be a little mad at you for projecting the entire fight into their minds like that. Still, the look in Applejack's eyes says everything. She understands, she understands everything, and she's not mad at all.

Suddenly, your attention gets drawn from her as you feel another hoof wrap around your other shoulder. You look to your left to see Fluttershy staring at you the same way Applejack is. Being that close you'd probably wanna worry about what her eyes can do (yeah, you remember that), but now, you're not even thinking about that.

You then look up from the two of them towards Spike, Rarity and Rainbow Dash, who all look pretty much the same. Spike and Rainbow Dash simply nod while Rarity just keeps looking at you.

"Thanks," is all you can say to them as you suddenly feel a huge weight you didn't even realize was there get lifted off your shoulders. Suddenly, you feel a lot better.

Applejack and Fluttershy stay on your shoulders for a few moments before they let go and walk back to where they were before, though Fluttershy sits down right next to you. You can swear both of them wanted to hug you, but since they knew of what happened to you previously.... yeah. Still, you would have allowed it.

Jason, tell them you've spent the afternoon experimenting with your new powers you somehow unlocked, and apologize to Rainbow for the rain.

First tell them about how you were testing out your awesome Latin powers and how you controlled the elements and stuff. Rainbow Dash thinks this is cool, but then figures out that it was you who messed with the weather, Proceed to move on in the discussion before she hits you.

Tell them you were experimenting with your new found powers Jason... then tell them about Haypennywise and all this other heavy detailed stuff so their up to date as well.

Speak in the most casual tone imaginable, especially when it comes to the more jaw-dropping parts. Just hope your casualness is contagious. Now, onto business; you have much to discuss.

Jason, do the one thing anyone with newly found powers would do- brag about them.

"Okay. Now, as far as where I was," you say as you get yourself refocused. Apology is over and done with. Now onto more important matters. "I was..." God this is gonna be awkward for you to tell them, but hey, it's not gonna be nearly difficult for you as what you just told them. "Experimenting with my newfound Latin powers." God that was weird to say.

"Uh, Latin.... powers...." Rainbow Dash says, finally adding to the conversation with noticeable confusion.

"That thing I used to show you guys my fight with Haypennywise," you say to them.

"Um..." Fluttershy chimes in. "If you don't mind me asking...." God that phrase brings up bad memories. You're not gonna hold that against her though. "What is Latin?"

"It's a language," you reply as you turn to look at her, and you watch her tilt her head a little bit. The look she's giving you tells you that she pretty much has no idea what you're talking about. So, you just let out a sigh. "Bonum est Fluttershy. Pulchra dies hodie est?" You watch as Fluttershy's ears perk up a little bit from hearing this, and a smile starts to form across her face.

To be fair to you, one of the other things you figured out while experimenting with your powers was that you could still speak Latin normally (and by that you mean say a phrase in Latin and have nothing happen) if you want to, but you left it out cause well, you didn't think it was work mentioning because it was painfully obvious.

"Oh my," Rarity suddenly chimes in from the pillow she is still sitting on. "That sounds lovely." You notice Spike throw a glare in your direction before looking back at her. You get the feeling that he kind of likes her, and you inner Batman (yes you did put back all of the characters you were channeling before), after a few quick deductions based on previous encounters with the two of them confirms this for you.

"Thank you," you reply back to her. "But yeah, projecting my thoughts like that isn't all I can do, in fact, it's not even the tip of the iceberg. Turns out I can do all kinds of things." Yeah, if you're gonna explain this to them you might as well go ball out with it.... and now you want to slam your head against the wall of this tree.... house... yeah, you're calling it a treehouse, until there is a hole in it, and then keep going for even thinking of saying something like that.

"What kinds of things?" Spike asks, a look of curiosity on his face.

Also, as I'm sure you're well aware, you should show them your powers. Don't do anything too crazy, of course. You don't wanna scare them, of course. Do something simple, like creating a pencil, or something. Hey, if they're still a bit disturbed from the visions you showed them in the hospital, maybe you could conjure up something with your powers to cheer them up.

"Well," you say in the most casual tone you can possibly muster as you hold up your right hand. You would hold up your left, but that hand is currently closer to Fluttershy, and you really don't wanna do this THAT close to her. "Penicillum." you say as a pencil suddenly appears in your hand, as if out of thin air. You watch as all the every pony and one dragon's mouth in the room spontaneously drops to the floor. Can't say you didn't expect that reaction really. You then proceed to spin the pencil around your index finger for a few moments before stoping it with your ring and middle fingers. "Aqua." You then say as the pencil suddenly dissolves into a clear blue ball of water that stays in your hand. You first thought to turn the pencil into fire, but given your recent experience with fire.... you think it best not to play with fire right now... especially while you are IN a tree.

But yes. You then proceed to maneuver the ball of water between all of your fingers like a snake, around your wrist, and then back into your palm where it settles into a perfectly spherical ball of water. After letting them gawk at it for a few more moments, you then close your hand as you relinquish the power, and when you open your hand again, the ball of water is gone. You let the four ponies and dragon stare at you with their mouths open for a few minutes as they try to contemplate what the hell just happened. Oh if only you had a camera, the looks on their faces right now... priceless.

After a few minutes or what you believe the appropriate amount of time is has passed. You cough to get their attention, which doesn't really work at all, but nonetheless.

"Yeah," you continue in the most calm and casual tone imaginable to you. Hopefully your casualness is contagious. "From what I've gathered these powers let me do pretty much anything I want. I can create anything I want, do anything I want, hell, I can even control the elements as much as I want too." You hope you don't sound like you're bragging... Ah hell you have kickass powers now. You SHOULD be bragging.

"Um.... right..... wait," Applejack suddenly says as she picks her mouth up off of the floor. "Ah thought that you said that you humans didn't have any magic. Isn't that why Twilight wanted yah in the first place? Cause she thought yah could do magic?" Oh she just had to bring that up. Then again, that kind of was part of why you were here.

"We don't," you say to her. "At least, not in the same sense that you ponies do." To be fair you've seen your fair share of unicorn magic by now. "But this isn't magic. It's more like..." you suddenly draw a blank there. You keep trying to think of things to compare your latin powers to that these ponies would understand, but you're coming up on nothing. Hell, you can't even come up with something to that even you would understand. "You know what, I'll get back to you on that." You say to her. She returns with a disgruntled look, but you can't blame her for that either. You'd probably give somebody the same look if they just cheated their way out of an explanation like that.

"So.... awesome..." Rainbow Dash finally chimes in, and it just now occurs to you how little she's been a part of this conversation. Hell, Rarity's spoken more than her and her jaw is still on the floor right now, and Fluttershy is... well, Fluttershy, you'd expect that from her, but still. "Wait." Rainbow Dash suddenly says as she puts a hoof to her chin. You watch her for a moment as she connects several dots in her head. Suddenly, her eyes burst open like somebody (or pony) put plates in her eyes to keep them open and she points a hoof at you. "YOU'RE THE ONE WHO MADE IT RAIN EARLIER!?" She shouts at the top of her lungs.

"Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... yeah....." you reply as you remember playing the Song of Storms. Hell, you were surprised that even worked. "Uh, sorry about that," you say as you nervously scratch the back of your head. Rainbow Dash just gives you a look like she's about two seconds away from hitting you through the wall. Maybe even less. It's quite frightening really. "ANYWAY!" You then say to try and move away from this subject as quickly as possible, before you DO get knocked through the wall (seriously she seems angrier than she should be).

Tell them that they all have to group up with Twilight and the Princesses as soon as possible, preferable tomorrow because whatever evil is hunting you has placed a force field around Ponyville which blocks Spike's fire and your own messages. If the monsters like Haypennywise are doing this, it means something bad is going to happen soon.

Ask the girls if they've noticed anyone new in town recently. Applejack mentions her cousin and LS (When given a description of what the cousin looks like, you swear you saw a pony like that on a motorcycle). Rarity mentions the stallions that were with Zecora. You also add in the creepy senator that eyed you earlier.

You've also got to find your Grandfather, so let them know what he looks like, what the hind looks like, and the guy who looks like Solid Snake but isn't that is flying with him. Also that weird snake creature with all the different body parts that was with them too.

They tell you it's Discord, and that he's supposed to be in Canterlot, so there's more incentive to go there soon.
Also, tell Spike about where the end of the energy bubble is so that he can send a message out. There's a bunch of destroyed and burnt trees, it'll be hard to miss. Have someone, or yourself go with him to make sure nothing bad happens to him

Tell them to be ready to go by tomorrow because something bad is coming, you just know it.

Also, do mention that there is no way to send a message to Twilight or Celestia, so if you do get a message from them, it's probably a trap.

Speak in the most casual tone imaginable, especially when it comes to the more jaw-dropping parts. Just hope your casualness is contagious. Now, onto business; you have much to discuss.

They have their answers, but you need yours. Your going to need some details for whatever you suspect is right and some things you don't know. What was that serpent-like creature with a goat head? Who is Risen Flagg in this world? What has been going on in this town? Your inner Batman (if he wasn't switched out) is constantly piecing things together.

You have been summoned because Twilight believes that theirs a powerful evil in Equestria, Twilight's unconsciousness upon sight of Risen, his arrival right after Haypennywise's, his eerie presence, a reference to dictator from another story you have read, this all couldn't be a coinicidence; He must be the source of your problems. Through professional deductive skills, you concluded to investigate Risen

However, the girls mentioned his good deeds to the public, and that what you are proposing is insane. So whatever you think about this guy is going to be ignored. You going to need to present them evidence. Your evidence is the barrier that surrounded Ponyville. If you can prove that it was set up right when Risen arrived, it could cause some doubt amoungst the mane six.

Lastly, Jason, be sure to get some information. These ponies have magic around here- see if they have some books about your abilities, or something. Ask who that politician pony is, and why he seems to hate you so much. Ask them if they've noticed anything amiss around the town. Stuff like that.

And, of course, give them a bit of information, too- warn them of what's happening happening. Some kind of demon clown pony with god-like powers attacked you, and now something's trying to block communications out of town. Something bad is happening, and they need to be very careful. For all you know, there could be some other monster planning on attacking... or listening to you right now.

... Just... be careful, 'kay? :pinkiesad2:

"I didn't call you all here to tell you about what I've been doing for the past few hours," you say to them. With your words the atmosphere of the room suddenly changes as the four ponies and Spike stop gawking at you and start paying attention. Now they can tell you are serious. Rainbow Dash is still giving you that disgruntled look of "I will kick you" but you can tell that she's still paying attention. God this is going to be difficult to do.

"I called you all here to see if you could help me figure out just what the hell is going on," you pause there for a second and take a deep breath. "Since I got here I've been chased by a crazy unicorn who wanted to rape me, which you guys helped me deal with, attacked by something I can't even begin to describe, somehow gained superpowers, and now there is some kind of barrier around the entire town."

"What?"

"What?"

"What?"

"What?" each pony echoed as they heard that.

"Just ask Spike," you say to them as you look in his direction. "He'll tell you." At that, the four ponies all turn their attention to him. He fidgets for a moment before he speaks.

"It's true," he says. "Every message I try to send a message to Celestia it just comes right back to me after a few seconds. Here, I'll show you," Spike says before he reaches for a quill and a pen, but Applejack holds up a hoof to stop him.

"'Sall right," she says. "We believe yah."

"And any message I try to send isn't getting through either," you chime in. "Which means whatever's blocking Spike's messages isn't limited to just him or this world's magic. No, whoever set this up knew about me. They knew about my abilities." Your inner batman figured that out the moment you tried to send a message to Princess Celestia and failed. "At this point, I think it's safe to say that someone, or rather some thing, doesn't want me in Equestria." That makes them all snap their attention back to you, their eyes suddenly wide with horror. Seriously, the tension right now is so thick you could cut it with a knife. As much as you know they were expecting to hear something like that, you still don't think they were fully prepared for it. Silence reined for several moments before someone, or rather, somepony, spoke, and oddly enough, it wasn't at all who you expected to break the silence.

"Um..." you hear a soft, almost whimper like voice say from somewhere close to you, and you turn to look at Fluttershy, whose still sitting next to you. She's rubbing her forehooves together nervously and she seems to be looking more at them than at you. "Um... that creature that attacked you in the forest....." she says while fidgeting with her hooves for a bit longer before she suddenly stops and looks up at you. "What was it?" At that, your blood suddenly runs cold, you were kind of dreading this, but you suppose you were gonna have to go through this eventually.

The look in Fluttershy's eyes is well... she looks worried. Honest to god worried. It's difficult to put into words, but you can tell just from the way she's looking at you that even though it frightened her to no end, she still wants to know. You then towards the others, the looks on all their faces are pretty much the same, a weird mix of intrigue and fear. That weird feeling of wanting to know something, but at the same time, deathly afraid of what you'll find out. If it's gonna be like this, you might as well. You take one more deep breath before you speak again.

"To be honest... I have absolutely no idea what that thing is or where it came from." you say to them. They don't seem surprised to hear that. "At best, the closest thing I can compare it to is a monster from a horror story called IT named Pennywise the Clown. In the story, Pennywise was some kind of shapeshifting monster from the stars who would scare children by transforming into their deepest, darkest fears and then devour them when they became truly afraid of him, because for whatever reason children taste better to him when they're afraid."

"Is that what he was trying to do to you?" Fluttershy asks. "Scare you so that he could eat you?"

"I don't think so," you reply. "Pennywise at children, not adults, and I don't think he had any interest in eating me. That's beside the point," you say as you turn your attention back to the others. "Pennywise isn't real, he's just a made up, fictional character from a horror story. He's not real. Even if that thing that attacked me looked similar to it, there's no way it could be him." For whatever reason, you felt really stupid saying that. "Anyway," you say to get this discussion back on track. "If anything's out there.... then we have to be careful. Have any of you noticed anyone new in town recently?"

"Why do you ask?" Spike asks as if he didn't expect you to ask a question like that.

"Just cause," you reply to him. "Something tried to kill me and it's probably still here. We can't afford to be too careful can we." At that, every pony puts a hoof to their chin in though. Except Rainbow Dash. She still looks angry at you.

"Well..." Applejack says. "Mah cousin Braeburn and his buffalo friend Little Strongheart showed up for a visit yesterday." Great, buffalo, now you've really heard everything.

"And..." Rarity finally chimes back in to contribute to the conversation. "There were those four stallions with Zecora the other day..." you then watch her tap her hoof against her chin for a few moments as her eyes look back up towards the ceiling in deep thought. Your instinct is telling you that they might be your best bet, but your inner Batman and Doctor are reminding you that you really don't know everybody (or is it pony?) in this town, so if this thing is hiding in pony form, it could be anypony for all you know. Nobody speaks for several moments after that.

"That just leaves Risen Flagg," you say aloud with your hand to your chin. Apparently you moved it there the same time as the others did without you even noticing.

"Who?" Applejack asks. The way she said that, it sounded like she had no idea who he was. Just as you open your mouth to explain though.

"THE SENATOR FROM CANTERLOT!" Rarity suddenly shouts loud enough for everyone in (and probably outside) the library to hear. Everpony and dragon just stares at her for a moment. They all seem equally confused. You are too to be fair, but for a different reason.

"You know about him?" you ask her.

"Know about him!" She responds as if you're asking who the president of the United States is, or more accurately, who Brad Pitt is. "Who in their right mind wouldn't know who the most charitable and noble senator is in all of Equestria. The common pony's senator, Canterlot's champion of the lower class." Everypony just stared at her at that, even Spike. Every one of them gave her a look that might as well have said 'What the hell are you talking about?' "What," she says. "It's not my fault I'm the only pony here who bothers keeping up with current events." That didn't change the way anypony was looking at her. "But that's beside the point!" She screamed as she turned her attention back to you. "Risen Flagg is here!? In Ponyville!?"

"Um, yeah," you reply. You kind of thought she already knew that. "I saw him arrive yesterday after I left the hospital." At that, Rarity brings both hooves up to her face and OH MY GOD SHE'S SWOONING!

"Oh and opportunity like this doesn't come often enough. The chance to meet a Canterlot senator. I-" She probably would have gone on, but then you see her turn her attention down to spike, who was kind of glaring at her. "Ah.... he he he... Um... yes, as I was saying." She says as she regains her former poise. "It's nice that the senator is visiting."

You bring your hand back to your chin as you collect your thoughts. Risen Flagg. Ever since you met him that pony has done nothing but creep you the f*ck out. You can't even explain why, you wish you could. It's just... every time you see him, and when the two of you make eye contact it's even worse, you feel some type of chill run down your spine. As if something you know you should be afraid of is also watching you, and the way he looks at you too. When he's looking at any other pony, at the very least he looks content, or at least as content as you know a politician would be, but when he looks at you, his expression changes completely, as if he's looking at something he despises, and he only does this with you from what you've seen. Granted you're not a pony, so he might just be like that because he's being subtly racist, but given what you've seen from every other pony you've encountered, even that idea seems a little bit far fetched.

"I don't like this," you say to them.

"What?" Applejack says as she turns her attention back to you, now suddenly curious. "What don't yah like?"

"Him..." you respond. "Something bugs me about him. First Twilight faints at the sight of him, then he just happens to show up right as I get out of the hospital, and suddenly there's a barrier around the whole town blocking communication, this whole thing doesn't seem right." You didn't mention that both he, and his name remind you of a certain other fictional Stephen King character for several reasons. They'd likely have no idea what you're talking about anyway.

"Uh, what was that first part thar?" Applejack suddenly asks, suddenly, Rainbow Dash drops the angry look off her face and starts paying attention to you as well, as does Rarity. You can only imagine that Fluttershy is as well, since you're not looking directly at you. They all have looks of immense confusion on their face, as do you. You didn't tell them about this? You could have sworn you did.

"I've met the senator before," you tell them. "I ran into him when I went to Canterlot with Celestia and Twilight. He met us at the entrance to the palace to greet us or something, and when Twilight saw him, she looked as if she'd seen a ghost and froze up for several seconds before fainting." Naturally, everyone there has the most shocked expression you could hope to see from them. Especially Spike, though you figured you knew why that was. "That," you continue. "And I don't think he likes me very much. When we spoke before, he acted like he wanted to get away from me as quickly as possible, and when I ran into him again yesterday, it was pretty much more of the same."

"That's absurd!" Rarity suddenly shouts, making everybody look at her. "Um... not to be rude here or anything Jason, but what you're suggesting is... well.... as I said, absurd. Everypony knows of the deeds that Risen Flagg has done for Equestria, how he fights for a more equal standing among the three races, how his push for a more progressive Equestria has led to some of the most technological innovation that Equestria has ever seen, not to mention that he donated a significant portion of his own money to various charity organizations not only in Canterlot, but cities all across Equestria such as Detrot."

You're not gonna lie, you figured that she would have a response like that. So you're not the least bit surprised. After all, this pony had to do something good to attain the kind of reputation that Rarity claims he has.

'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist,' you think to yourself. Still, if what Rarity says is true, then his connection to Haypennywise is likely just your own paranoia, yet given what you've seen. Your inner Batman is making deductions like mad all leading back to him. If nothing else, it's telling you that you should at least investigate him, but without concrete proof it's gonna be difficult to convince these ponies that what you're saying may indeed be true. Unless.

"Hey, Spike," you say to him.

"Yeah," he replies after getting over his own bit of shock.

"When did you first notice the barrier around the town?" you ask him.

"Huh?" he replies with a look of confusion. You just let out a sigh at that.

"When did you first realize that you couldn't send any messages?" you rephrase your question.

"Oh," he replies. "Just after I got back seeing you the hospital. I tried to send a message to Celestia and Twilight telling them what happened, but when I did-"

"It just came back to you," you finish his sentence for him.

"Yeah," he replies.

"Was it working the day before?" you ask.

"I don't know," he replies. "I mean, I haven't had to send any other messages to her so I don't know."

'F*ck!' you scream in your head. You were really hoping that would help you somehow, but it doesn't seem like it is. If what Spike is saying is true, then that means that the barrier was more than likely set up sometime before Risen Flagg arrived. After all, he left the hospital before you did, and there was a time gap of at least an hour or so before he left and before you did, and you saw Risen Flagg just after you go out. There is always the possibility that since it was still the same day, Risen Flagg could have set it up before he arrived, but since there is no way to prove how long it was up, then it's not really leading to anything. You're gonna have to get some other type of proof if you wanna convince them that Risen Flagg really isn't on the level.

"ARG!" Rainbow Dash suddenly belts out as she finally decides to join the conversation again. "Okay look, barriers and senators who may or may not be creepy aside, is there ANYTHING ELSE that we should probably know?" You're.... kind of surprised that she actually said something, for some reason. She still looks angry at you though, but she did bring up a good point.

You think about that for a moment as all the other ponies and dragon look back at you. Is there anything else? Is there..... You take a moment to think about this as you look back to Rainbow Dash. She's still just floating in mid air staring at you. Floating... with her wings keeping her up... her wings... she's in the air all the time.... and when you realize it you want to bang your head against the wall again for forgetting it... This... kind of important detail.

"We need to find my grandfather," you straight up say to them. You've given up trying to be subtle at this point.

"What?" Rainbow Dash said, now suddenly invested in this.

"What?" Applejack asks as well.

"What?" Spike says. Fluttershy remains silent.

"There's another human in Equestria?" Rarity asks, though she seems a bit more interested than she should be... Ah, semantics.

"Apparently," you say to them. "Look, you saw him right, when I showed you my fight with Haypennywise, that other human that showed up to save me right?" They all look at each other for a moment at that, but then all give you nods of understanding. "Right, that's my great grandfather, Francis Morgan, and we've got to find him. If there is anybody alive in either my world or yours that knows anything about what's going on, it's him."

"What makes you say that?" Spike asks. Not a perfectly unreasonable question.

"From what I've gathered," you respond. "He's had some experience dealing with creatures like Haypennywise. That's how he was able to fight him off in this first place."

"Oh," is all Spike says in response.

"All right then," Applejack chimes in. It just occurs to you now how much of an active participant she's been. "Ah see what yer gettin at here. If that's the case, then we'll help you find him." Nopony seemed to object to that.

"What!?" Rainbow Dash shouts again, much to the annoyance of Applejack. "I, I mean don't get me wrong, I wanna help too-" That's actually a bit surprising coming from her considering she wanted to kick you (or at least you thought she did) for making it rain earlier. "-but where do we even begin looking for another human like that? I mean, if he's really been here longer than Jason has, one of us would have seen something." There is logic in that, but you're not about to argue it now. There are other issues at work right now.

"He's traveling around in some kind of helicopter," you tell them. "In fact I've seen them pass through both here and the Everfree Forest several times."

"What in the name of Equestria is a helicopter?" Rarity asks. You feel like they should know this already, since YOU KNEW THEY SAW IT in the flashback you showed them (the fight with Haypennywise), but then your inner Batman and Doctor kick the logic center of your brain again and remind you that these are indeed ponies, not humans, and even if they saw a helicopter, they might not know what it is. Still, you can't help but exhale loudly.

"Imagine a flying metal carriage with spinning blades on the top to keep it airborne," you tell them.... and they all just look at you like you're crazy. You can't help but exhale loudly again. It's then that you notice the quill and paper that Spike was gonna send to show them the barrier earlier. "Hey Spike," you say to him. "Can I borrow those for a second?" you say pointing to them.

"Uh, sure," he responds, no reason to turn you down. He reaches across the table and hands them to you, as well as some ink. You take them, and after spinning the quill in your hand right quick, you get to work on drawing. What? You can draw. You've always been able to do that.

Since you really don't have that much time, you start drawing a simple sketch of what the hind helicopter looks like so they can see it. You notice Fluttershy lean her head in a little bit so she can see. You don't stop her. Soon though, her head is joined by Applejack's, who walked around the table to see what you were doing, then Rarity's, then Rainbow Dash who is hovering above you, and then finally Spike, who was next to Rarity. You make no effort to push them away, even if they are invading your personal space a little bit. Since they're all here though.

"He's been using this thing to move around with some other human who looks like Solid Snake but isn't," you tell them all as you keep drawing?

"Who is Solid Snake?" Rainbow Dash asks, again, a perfectly valid question, but at this point, you're kind of tired of explaining every detail to them.

"Nevermind," you say to them.

"So.... there are three humans in Equestria then?" Fluttershy says. You think about that for a moment, and including you, that would make three.

"Yes," you say as you keep drawing. "He's piloting things thing with him, and some kind of..... other.... thing," you tell them, but hit a mental wall at the other thing that was with them as you try to come up with what it was, but hit nothing.

"What other thing?" Applejack asks.

"To tell you the truth I don't even begin to know how to describe it," you say to them, still drawing, though almost finished. Admittedly it's a rushed drawing, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. "It looks like some kind of weird mixture of a bunch of different animals. It was long and scaly, like a snake, but it also had a goats head, what I think was a lion's paw for one hand, and eagle's talon for the other, and had what looked like two different wings and two different horns on it's head and back."

"Wait, that's Discord," Applejack suddenly says, making you stop and drop the quill.

"You know him!?" you practically shout as you turn to look at her.

"All right all right jeez, say it, no need to spray it," Applejack replies as she moves away from your face, as do all the other ponies. "But yeah, we know 'im. That's Discord, spirit of chaos, disharmony, all that rot."

"He tried to turn Equestria in to a state of pure chaos," Rarity chimed in. You need to remind yourself to ask about that later.

"But then we defeated him and everything went back to normal afterwards," Rainbow Dash follows. "Since then he's been reformed by Fluttershy and hasn't really done anything since." You look over towards Fluttershy again, who only responds by turning away a little bit and smiling at that. Okay, so they do know this thing, that's a start.

"Okay," you say as you return to put the finishing touches on the drawing of the hind. "So that's a start. Where's this Discord now?"

"Well to tell you the truth Ah'm not really sure," Applejack says, putting a hoof to her chin again.

"From what I understand," Rarity chimes in. "He's been living in Canterlot with Celestia. She said that she needed him reformed cause she needed his magic for something." And they've sold you on that. First thing is first then, find Discord. At that point, you also finish up the rough drawing of the hind. You even add in quick sketches of a human and a pony next to it so that it's to scale. It's not to EXACT scale, but it's close enough.

"OH COME ON REALLY!" Rainbow Dash shrieks as she sees it. "You're telling me something that big's been flying through Ponyville and the Everyfree Forest. One of us would have seen it, somepony would have said something!"

"Well I've seen it fly through here at least ten times, and the destruction at Sweet Apple Acres is proof enough that it exists," you reply to her. Right before Rainbow Dash can open her mouth to respond to that though, Applejack beats her to the punch.

"He's right," she says, which causes everypony (and you) to look at her again. "Mah cousin Braeburn came askin me about what happened in tha fields yesterday." Everyone including you fall silent at that.

"Okay..." Rainbow Dash then says. "So what, is it silent then? Cause maybe-"

"No," you say before she can even finish that sentence. "In fact it's so loud I can't imagine anyone not hearing it."

"Okay..." Rainbow Dash says. "So does it fly faster than a sonic rainboom then?"

"A what?" you ask. "You mean like a sonic boom? Cause it certainly can't travel faster than the speed of sound?"

"Oh..." Rainbow Dash then says. "Well.... it is invisible or something then cause-" You're about to respond to her, but right as you open your mouth, you realize that she does have a point.

"Well, it certainly isn't invisible," you tell her. "But maybe they are doing something to make you all not notice it. You're right, given how big and loud it is, somepony would have seen it."

"So what do we do then?" Spike asks, and that is indeed a very good question. You let them all look at the drawing just a little bit more before you stand back up and hand it over to Rainbow Dash, who just looks at you quizzingly as you force it into her hooves.

"For now," you begin. "If we're gonna start by looking for my great grandfather, we should start that by talking to this Discord guy. You." You say as you point to Dash. "You keep a lookout for the helicopter. I've seen you, you're in the air practically all the time. If anyone here has a chance of seeing it, it's you."

"What?" Rainbow Dash says, confused, and a little bit angry again. "I already told you before I've never seen it, what makes you think-" Before she can finish, you reach out and put your hand on her head. Why you felt the need to do that though was beyond you.

"Haec una scit occultum," you say to her. Nothing really happens, and Rainbow Dash doesn't seem to notice anything as you take your hand away. "There, now you should have no problem." She doesn't say anything to respond to you. She just looks at you like you're insane.... and then the angry look returns. She keeps the picture though.

"Spike," you then say.

"Yes!" he says as he suddenly appears right next to you. God he's quick. It's like he's used to this sort of thing. "I need you to send a message to Celestia and Twilight. Tell them everything. Tell them what's happened with me and tell them what we just talked about here. Tell them that we're coming to Canterlot and we'd like to speak to this Discord person. Also, tell her not to write back. Tell her about what's been going on, with me and everything, and tell her that there's some kind of energy barrier blocking communication, so if you do receive a reply from them, it's probably a trap."

"Um..." Spike replies, not doing a thing you asked.

"Go to where I was," you tell him. "Go just outside of town. The barrier doesn't extend that far. You can't miss it, there are a bunch of destroyed and burnt trees everywhere." And at that, they all look at her like you're insane again. "Now, if it's not too much to ask, do you think one of you could go with him, just in case-"

"I'll go," Rarity chimes in before you can even finish. Now she looks concerned as all hell. "But when are we leaving for Canterlot?"

"Tomorrow," you say to them, and at that, all their eyes snap open.

"Tomorrow!" Fluttershy belts out, though it's barely above a whisper.

"Why tahmorrow?" Applejack asks. "Why tha hurry?"

"Because honestly," you say as you take in a deep breath. At this, they all look at you concerned, even Rainbow Dash who previously wanted to kick you. "It's because something big is about to go down." None of them have any kind of reaction to this, though Rarity.... the look on her face changes somehow, like she spontaneously went into shock. "I know I must seem insane to you all right now, believe me, if one of my friends told me this, I'd call them insane, but something is going to happen real soon. I'm not sure what it is or when it will happen, but I can feel it. I just have this really bad feeling." You.... you can't describe the looks on any of their faces right now. It's like they're all worried, but at the same time, aren't really sure. Rarity however is still a mystery to you. You suppose you can't really blame them though.

At this, you let out one last deep breath before you turn around and head for the door.

"Thanks for listening," you say to them as you head out. You're not sure how well of an impact you made on them or if they even believe you, but at least you talked about it.

Just as you're about to open the door to leave however...

"Nyarlathotep," Rarity suddenly says, causing you to stop dead in your tracks.

"What'd yah say Rar?" Applejack asks, sounding confused, as if she just said gibberish.

"It's what Twilight said she wanted the centaur for," Rarity says. "Why she wanted Jason in the first place. She told me about it when she was in my boutique. She said that Nyarlathotep was coming and that she needed Jason and the centaur to stop him."

You..... you didn't just feel a chill go up your spin as that name hits your ears. It feels like you were just suddenly moved to Antarctica, and then felt an Antarctic chill run up your spin, and you're also pretty sure your heart stopped beating and all of your cells froze. No.... no way in hell did she just say that name.

My BRAIN IT DOESNT WANT TO DO THINGS FOR ME! Jason Do something relevant to your situation, Dry fish, six martians, a submarine, mexican hat dance, sing Billy Joel, eat bacon, lie on the ground and hum, turn into a collection of Faberge eggs, russian doll yourself, suplex the floor, BOOP ALL THE PONIES IN EQUESTRIA!

I really don't know. Please don't ask.

"J- Jason..." Applejack suddenly asks...

"It's nothing," you quickly say as you walk out the door and shut it behind you, leaving the four ponies and dragon in there with their own thoughts as you step back outside.

No.... no way did Rarity mention that name... It's impossible.... it's just...

'He was an Outer God, the last one left on this side of the gateway. He had many names, The Black Pharaoh, the God of a Thousand Forms, The Crawling Chaos, The Man in Black, but we preferred to call him by his true name... Nyarlathotep.' Silas' words crawl through your ears. 'The Great Old Ones are the stuff of nightmares lad, and Nyarlathotep is an Outer God, to them to Great Old Ones are pawns, servants, expendable assets, insects, what we were to them. I want you to get that through your head so that you have an idea of what your great-granddad was goin' up against'

No... no no.... no no.... She did not just say that name. Nyarlathotep isn't real... he was never real... He's just an.... H.P. Lovecraft character.....

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

It's still daylight, everyone's about. You're standing in the middle of Ponyville. There are still things to be done, and Pinkie Pie's party isn't till much later. You can still do things.

What do you do?

(*Side Story characters. I'm sorry but you're gonna have to wait until after part 2 is released before you can post comments relating to the side story. Sorry.*)

-Meanwhile, in Ponyville's only hotel-

Risen Flagg, who just returned from his tour of Ponyville, retired to his room wherein he began to look through one of the two bags that he brought with him when suddenly, there was a knock at his door. With a quick jolt of magic, the door opened, allowing both Joseph Curwen and Trixie to step inside.

“Um,” Trixie said with a hint of nervousness in her voice as she entered the room. “You…you wished to see us, Risen,” but before she could utter another letter or word, the door slammed shut behind her. Nigh instantaneously, the drapes pulled themselves shut, sealing the room from both within and without, as a creeping chaotic darkness filled the remaining light.

Without a single sign of movement, Risen Flagg’s body moved before them, as though the darkness propelled him forward into the darkness before Trixie and Curwen, looming over them as his form seemed to grow tall with the dark.

Why didn’t either of you tell me that that mare lived in this town?” Flagg asked them in a voice nearly unfit for the throat from whence it came, a voice almost not made of this Equestria. Curwen and Trixie both shrank back at his words that seemed to reverberate from every particle of the darkness, fear overwhelming the mare as she folded into a ball from fear. Curwen, retaining some composure merely stepped back a fair ways, hoping not to bump into anything.

“Wha…what mare?” Trixie trembled, shaking where she lay all the while staring up at the impossibly tall Risen Flagg.

“What mare, you ask,” he replied, his voice fading back into normalcy. “What mare, oh I don’t quite know, that cross-eyed one that we had Chrysalis impersonate so that she could blow up one of our factories and blame it on a terrorist attack which f*cking one do you think!?” While Trixie was noticeably shaking from the sheer tone of Risen's words, Curwen managed to keep himself in check.

"We... we did Risen," Trixie replied. "It was in her file. The one you were given when we started this whole ordeal."

"Oh really," Risen Flag replied as his horn started glowing its familiar red color. A few seconds later, a file from his bag levitated to him. He stepped away from them for a moment as he opened up the file and quickly read through it, pacing around the room a bit as he did. After a few moments, the look he was carrying dropped from his face, and the tension in the air went with it. "Oh I see," he stated levitating the file back to the bag, "my apologies then."

The trio sat in the room in silence, each one minding their own personal affairs, silently patient as the darkness receded further and the drapes drew open once more.

“What should we do now?” Trixie asked, slowly approaching the contemplating senator.

“Unfortunately for us, this news rushes the next phase of the plan slightly and really impedes on the planned out schedule,” he mused to no one in particular, all the while standing there, eyes shut in contemplation. “Perhaps we should, no,” he paused before continuing, “or we could have the Queen, no that would fail as well,” he added when finally, his eyes shot open, full of the fire of an idea. “I believe that it would prove to be in my best interest to go talk to the Mayor again, and make a few, adjustments to my earlier requests,” he concluded as a smile crept upon his face. Both Trixie and Curwen just stared at him for a few seconds, unsure of what he was thinking. "That being the case," he said as he used his magic to close his bag and move it to the front of his bed. "I will be heading off."

“What should we do now, Risen?” Trixie inquired as Flagg began to leave the hotel room, door slightly ajar.

“Go into town and enjoy the sights and sounds of this little burg,” he quipped. “After all, it would rouse too much suspicion if you two were to stay in this room all day long.”

“But, I’ve been here before, and not on the best of terms,” Trixie replied.

“Regardless, the events of the past are just that, the past, so please be a dear, Trixie and try to make some semblance of a public appearance,” Risen returned. “After all, how would it appear for my image if the mare that is meant to be at my side hides away from the public eye?” Trixie blushed and nodded in agreement, almost swooning at his words.

“I would rather,” Curwen began before he found himself cut off.

“Spend you afternoon mingling with the other ponies in town with Trixie and not,” Risen stated, “not spend the remainder of this trip hiding in our hotel room.” Curwen, looking towards Flagg, merely nodded his head in agreement, understanding that arguing with the senator would prove to be, as it had always been, in vain.

“And of the party this evening,” Trixie asked, “Will we be attending?”

“Of course,” Flagg stated as he left the room. “Nothing in the worlds would prevent me from attending a party with him in attendance.”

Author's Note:

status: edited

PreviousChapters Next