• Published 7th Jun 2013
  • 15,384 Views, 1,484 Comments

Wake up. See this. What do? - Part 2: Raise the Flag (comment driven story) - RazortheAwesome



Part 2 of the epic story: Wake up. See this. What do? The adventures of the human Jason Morgan continue as he takes on the most dangerous adversary Equestria has ever seen by far, and as always, the question remains. What do you do?

  • ...
18
 1,484
 15,384

PreviousChapters Next
Messing Around (Part 1)

-Sorry I didn't post this yesterday. We were having some internet issues at my house and I didn't get my internet back until it was like 5 in the morning. So yeah.... Sorry.-

Suddenly, the pause button on reality it hit once again as the avatar of RazortheAwesome appears Q style and turns to face the fourth wall.

"What's up everyone. Before we begin, there is something that I need to address. While normally there'd be a bit of levity before I say anything important whenever I appear, right now I'm just going to get straight to my point. Oh yeah, and I talk in bold now. Deal with it.

"You see, due to the (and I cannot stress this next word enough) UNBELIEVABLE amount of suggestions you guys have given me for how to mess with Jason's newfound Latin powers, I have decided to split today's chapter up into two parts. The first of which will be posted right now (in fact, you're reading it right now), and the second part will be posted on Wednesday, and the 'What do you do?' prompt will be at the end of part two.

"There are several reasons for this, but mostly it has to do with both fact that again, you've all given me so many suggestions for today's chapter, and there are a lot of things I want to have happen in this chapter, both having to deal with Jason and otherwise, and I simply don't think I can fit it all into one chapter. So I've decided to split it up. That, and I don't want to have to write a 10,000+ word chapter again cause doing that by itself is stressful enough as it is, and you guys probably don't want to read a 10,000+ word chapter again if you don't have to. So to spare us both that pain, I'm splitting up today's chapter. Oh, and before I forget, the side story will be in part two as well. So you guys don't need to worry about not being shown here. You'll get what's coming to you next time.

"Don't worry, I'm not leaving again, and nothing major is going on behind the scenes this time. I just feel like this chapter is going to be especially long, and there a lot of details I want to focus on, and I feel that this is the best way to do that. So for now, just sit back, relax, enjoy today's chapter, and don't worry about what to say for next time or anything. That comes later.

"And.... that's about it..... Let's see, am I forgetting anything? ... ... ... Oh yeah. Of course. Now you need to listen to this closely because this is EXTREMELY important. Whatever any of you do, don't-"

The sound of what could only sniffling stopped the avatar of RazortheAwesome in his tracks as he looked over to his right to see Pinkie Pie standing right next to him. However, something was... off.... about her.

Her hair, while not completely deflated, didn't have the same level of "poofiness" it always did. Also she seemed to be looking at the ground more so than at Razor, and the look on her face was not the same happy, cheerful, and laughterful look she always had. It seemed as if someone (or rather somepony to be more accurate) had turned her smile upside down, and she looked as if she was trying and failing to contain Angel Falls behind her eyes. Basically, she did not look happy.

"Oh, hey Pinkie," the avatar of RazortheAwesome said to her as he turned to face her, and now it's just occurred to him that even though he is the one writing this, he still refers to himself in third person.... for some reason...... Oh well, it's how the story is written. "What's up?"

All at once, a dam within Pinkie Pie broke, and the moment those words left RazortheAwesome's mouth, she leapt forward, threw both her forehooves around Razor's torso, buried her face into his chest, and let loose a flurry of tears.

"Pinkie....." RazortheAwesome said, now sounding a little worried. "What's wrong?"

"I...." Pinkie tried to begin, but between the tears and the fact that her face was still buried in Razor's chest (again, need I remind you, in this story, ponies are roughly chest height compared to humans), it was kind of difficult. "I'm so sorry Razor...... I..... I...." She paused for a few moments to let loose some more tears. All the while, the avatar RazortheAwesome fought the urge to not use his godly powers as the author of this story to instantly dry his shirt.... because he could have.... but he didn't... he figured it would have been in poor taste. "I'm sorry for trying to hijack your story..... I really.... really.... really..... truly am....." she said again in between the tears. "It's just..... just...... first you didn't update for a long time.... and then you got depressed..... and then you left..... and then I was afraid you weren't gonna come back.... and then I started to think about the other humans like you who read this story.... and then I started to think about what they wanted.... and then I thought that you were........ and then.......... and then..... and then.... and then....... GAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" And at that, she let loose another flurry of tears. Still, RazortheAwesome said nothing. "I was so worried about you Razor.... Really, I was...... I was afraid you weren't gonna come back. That's why I did it.... That's why I tried to write your story for you. I thought that you wouldn't want to write it anymore after all that happened.... So I tried.... I thought I.... I...." And at that, she stopped talking and just cried.

"Hey, hey, hey..." the Avatar of RazortheAwesome replied in a soothing tone as he dropped lower and got to his knees. Pinkie Pie dropping down with him and plopped onto her haunches as she got close to the ground, never letting go of RazortheAwesome's avatar as she did. "It's okay, Pinkie Pie... It's okay..." RazortheAwesome's avatar said to her as he ran a hand through her mane. "I know...... I know you didn't mean to do anything wrong.... It's okay...." Razor's words seemed to have some effect on her, as Pinkie Pie seemed to be letting out a little less tears. "It's okay. Just let it all out. I'm not going anywhere." Then at that, Pinkie Pie pulled her head back for a little bit, took in a REALLY deep breath, and let loose another flurry of tears into Razor's chest. All the while he never let go of her. He was there for her.

-Thousands of tears later. I'm done using the Spongebob timecards, so yeah. Oh, and I can talk to all of you in these too.... Hi Eternal Infernape.-

"There, are we done?" the avatar of RazortheAwesome asked as Pinkie's tears had finally slowed to a crawl.

"Yeah," Pinkie Pie replied as she pulled herself away from Razor and wiped away the last of her tears with a hoof. Her eyes were still a little bit red, but that was not a big deal to either of them. "Yeah, I think I'm okay now."

RazortheAwesome's shirt, thanks to his powers as the author, was now completely dry as if it had never been cried on, and thank god it was, it's a shirt that doesn't exist in real life.

The two of them just sat there for a moment and looked at each other. Pinkie Pie.... her frown had actually managed to turn upside down, and her hair was back to the way it was. Also she looked a little bit more pink than usual for some reason.... Still, she didn't say anything else for a while. She just kept smiling at Razor.

"Hey," RazortheAwesome's avatar finally said to break the silence. "You wanna go grab a sandwich or something? I don't know about you, but I'm feeling kind of hungry."

And at the exact mention of the word "sandwich," Pinkie's smile grew until it reached her two ears.... quite literally in fact. It was kind of scary to see.... even on cartoon dimensions. Anyway, her smile grew as she leapt up into the air and wiggled her hooves as if she were running in place.

"YES YES YES!!!!!" Pinkie Pie practically screamed as she floated in the air for exactly 2.63 seconds before landing back on her hooves. "Yes, I'd love a sandwich."

"Hmm.... Well, lets get going then," Razor said as he stood back up turned around, and started walking. "We gotta get back by the time the story updates again, or at the very least the next time you appear."

"Yay!" Pinkie shouted as she jumped in place again before she landed back on the ground and started hopping next to Razor, following him the whole way. "Thank you Razor Bazer!"

"Yeah, please don't call me that.... ever..... while we're in public," Razor said to her.

"Can I get a cake and cupcake sandwich?" Pinkie Pie asked him as she stopped her hopping and just started walking normally next to him. Albeit trying and failing to trip herself every other step or so. At that, RazortheAwesome's avatar could only let out an annoying groan.

"God I hate you so much Pinkie Pie," he said.

"I know Razor Bazer.... I know," Pinkie Pie replied before just like that. They were gone.

And now with that out of the way, the story shall resume for real this time.

Experimenting with Latin

What's In You by Black Label Society

Right, then. You're out of the communications blocking field, yes? In that case, before anything, try to get a message out to either Twilight or Celestia. Either would work. Make sure they know something very wrong is happening, and someone seems to be knowingly trying to stop them from finding out.

Get in contact with Twilight and Celestia. NOW! They need to know about what's going on

First, say "Proiciamus, et vox mea ad Twilight Sparkle," and tell her what's going on, namely the meeting, and the bubble.

The first thing that occurs to you is that since you're out of the communication barrier, you should try to contact Twilight and Celestia in Canterlot again. However, after you think about it for a second, you decide not to. The reason is simple really. The barrier seemed to be set up in order to prevent any message from getting to Canterlot, and if it knew about your abilities well enough to block those too, then it stands to reason that whoever set it up the barrier would be smart enough to detect anything coming from outside it as well. Plus, even where you are, Canterlot is unfortunately behind you, so any kind of message would locally have to pass through the barrier before it gets there, so whoever set it up would be able to detect it, and by extension detect you.

Basically, the more you think about it, while it would seem like a good idea to contact Twilight and Celestia now, whoever set up that barrier was smart, and is probably smart enough to be prepared for anyone whose first instinct is to just walk outside of it. That, and you don't want to get discovered. Not yet anyway. You will contact them later... just not now.

Set a up few barriers around the areas, sound-proof and damage-proof.

Still, since you don't want to be discovered either, and since you know you can apparently set barriers, you decide to set up a few around the area where you are as well.

"Nemo audiunt aut vident," you say aloud as you set up a barrier that prevents anyone, or anypony in this word's case, from looking into it. "Fiat experimentum in damnum sit impedimentum." Hopefully that will make them damage proof as well. "Quam si quis intrat, hac licentia." That takes care of that. Nobody should be bothering you now... hopefully.

Now you can really begin.

If not, Switch him out with your inner Dragonborn, and see if you can't make a facsimile of the Dragon Shouts, because that would be awesome.

Well, since you're just now taking the time to figure out how to use your powers, the first thing you decide you should do is.... well, blow something up.

You want to channel the Dragonborn and try to use a dragon shout, however, you've tried this before. You can't really channel the dragonborn cause the dragonborn himself is a non-character. He's anything the player wants him to be. Hell, the only reason he's special is because of the dragon shouts. Then again... you wonder... maybe you can't use the dragon language... but...

"Adfligens vis!" You turn and yell at a nearby tree that unfortunately, happens to be right next to you. The effect of your voice... produces the exact effect you hoped it would. Some kind of invisible force comes out from nowhere and pushes the tree in front of you forward. However... the what you just did seems to be way more powerful than the simple "Unrelenting Force" shout, as the tree is uprooted completely by the force of your voice and sent flying like a small rock.

That... kind of surprised you... to say the least. That was awesome. So you could use the dragon shouts if you want to. You just need to say their names in Latin, not the dragon language.

You're off to a good start. What else do you got?

Also, try giving yourself Batman's gear and the skills to use them. Maybe using the Latin for "The mask is me" to become Batman.

See if you have the awesome fighting skills like Batman
See if you can do things like the Doctor, such as speaking languages you've never heard and knowing how Time works
Feel the sharpness in your senses from channeling King Arthur, Then move on to other fun stuff

Okay, let's test your limits. Does your powers happen only in literate terms? Is figure of speech null? Is you imagination truly the extent of your powers? Likewise, grab leaf and say, "Blow up the leaf" Does it simply floats away upwards instead of exploding like you want it to?

A thought occurs to you... well, several actually.

The first has to do with the words themselves. You've already established that this power has more to do with your imagination and less to do with the actual words, but do you have to speak them aloud? Yeah, maybe for more powerful things you could understand, but what about for little things.

With this in mind, you walk over to the remains of the "unrelenting forced" tree, and pick up a leaf.

You look at the leaf for a moment.

You look at it and think to yourself. "Ardens folium," but it does nothing. Okay, so the words do have to be spoken.

"Blow up the leaf," you say in english, but again, nothing happens. Okay, so that clears that up, it does have to be in Latin. At least as far as you know.

"Ardens folium," you say aloud, and just as imagined it, the leaf explodes in your hand. Well, it's more of a "poof" really, but it's a leaf. What more do you want?

Still, another thought lingers, it's about the fictional characters you are channeling. Before you could only use them for intellectual purposes, but ever since you've developed this power.... they haven't really been the same. Maybe it's cause of Batman, or maybe it's Arthur, but your senses feel sharpened, like you have some kind of sixth sense for evil. You don't know anything new, at least you think you don't.

You inner Doctor Who doesn't seem to be giving you any knowledge that you don't already know. You're not getting their memories or experiences... maybe....

You decide to try something.

You stand perfectly still for a few moments.... but then, out of nowhere, you jump up into the air, and do a spinning kick. This.... surprises you, you could never do that before. After a few moments, you try out a few more martial arts moves.... suddenly, you're able to do them. You were never able to before, but....

Maybe..... Batman...

Channel Connor from Assassin's Creed 3 and start parkouring on all the trees

You're not in a fight right now, so you can't test it for sure, but you think you're getting your fighting skills from Batman.

If that's true, then maybe the characters you're channeling don't really have any special incants or words you need to say for them. Maybe you actually can use their abilities.

Still, even though you aren't in a fight right now, you do think of one way you can test this out.

You switch out one of your characters for Connor from Assassins Creed 3 as you walk up to a tree and start climbing it.

It's not very high, but there are other trees close enough to it.... You look down for a moment before you move forward... and jump from one tree to the next. Then again, and again, and again. It doesn't take long before you're parkouring through all of the trees just like Connor would have. You even, still using your inner Batman, jump from one tree to the next, grab a branch, and flip around it a few times like an acrobat. IT'S AWESOME.

You then even drop from tree from there, flip a few times, and land perfectly on your feet, just like Batman would have.

Channel Michael Jackson and do some of his killer moves perfectly

Channel The Green Ranger and see if you can morph into his suit, then use the dragon dagger to summon the dragonzord

1 : channel tommy the white ranger and use your powers to intiate "morphing time"

Now try channeling a character, say something along the lines of "Give me this person's abilities," and try out a technique they would know. IE, if it's Goku from Dragon Ball, try a Kamehameha, if Ryu from Street Fighter, try a Hadouken, etc... Keep trying out stuff like this, and see if you can do it, and what the limits are of it. Can you do characters' techniques? Can you gain their strength and agility? Can you gain their personality, memories, or experience? Heck, maybe you can even have a conversation with the character! Go all out, and learn all you can about it. It would be amazing to combine your powers together like that.

Channel Super Mario and practice jumping around, seeing if you can get his height in jumping powers. Not only that but also see if you can pull off his "Mario Finale" Final Smash

And after that.... you're feeling a little bit..... badass.... and green....

"Suus tempore morphing!" you shout as you stand back up and do the motions like you are morphing into the green ranger outfit... and for some reason... this works.... there's a small explosion.... and suddenly, you're in the green ranger outfit.

Unfortunately, this outfit is.... a lot tighter than you thought it would be.

"Aufer," you say to remove it, and it goes away.

Afterwards, you then cycle thought channeling various martial artist like characters that you know of (including the green ranger) and try in place, just doing a few martial arts moves. You don't summon any weapons though, you'll get to those later. To your surprise.... you do all the moves perfectly. Yeah, you knew basic self defense before, but nothing like this.

Without saying anything, are able to replicate the moves of Ryu from Street Fighter, Batman, Goku, The Green Ranger, and even to a degree, Mario. You even channel Michael Jackson for a bit and to your surprise, are able to replicate his moves... to the T.

So you are able to use the abilities of your fictional characters now.... AWESOME!!!!

However, as you land after one last spinning kick, you put your hands together and throw them forward like you're about to do a "Hadoken", but nothing happens. You even say "HADOKEN!" But again, nothing happens.

Afterwards, you then try to kamehameha, and a few other things... but nothing happens....

You even try a phrase that should give you the character's abilities, but it does nothing.... Yeah, you kind of do have their abilities, but what gives? You're not getting their powers.

However, a thought just occurs to you... You HAD to use Latin before.... unfortunately, you don't know the Latin phrase for hadoken or kamehameha, but you try something simpler instead.

"Globus Ignis," you say aloud as you do the hadoken motions.... and it does work... It's not a hadoken, but you do shoot a fireball from your hands that acts like the hadoken and hits the tree.

You stand up a bit at that and relax for a few moments. Okay, so what happened here?

You were able to utilize the abilities of your channeled characters to near perfection. Granted you didn't get any of their memories or knowledge, you just acted and you did it. It was only when using their powers that you came to a brick wall.

So, apparently for any type of superpowers..... you do apparently have to say the latin phrase for it. Regular, human like abilities don't require the words.

However....

Currently you're channeling Goku.

You look over to a tree that's right next to you.... and punch it. Surprisingly, you don't hurt your fist... and your punch... actually makes an indent in the tree. Yeah, it doesn't completely get punched away like you thought it would... but still.... it was a punch.... and it did something.

You then remove the Goku channel... and try it again on the same tree. Same result. Okay, you are stronger than before... it's not much, but it's nowhere near Goku level.

You just... believed you were a bit stronger....

Okay, you could believe you could do the abilities of the characters you were channeling, but somehow, super strength is stopping you. You're hesitant to try out super speed, cause you think it'd be the same result.

Now, try out something along the lines of, "My punch can break boulders." Then... punch a boulder. See if you can modify your strength to that level. Not necessarily your body, per se, but your strength itself. Heck, if that works, try "My punch can break mountains," and hit a tree... I wonder what'd happen.

Give yourself Super Strength and punch the ground and leave a crater

Okay, since that isn't working, you decide to try something out.

"Ferrum meum irritum potest gerit!" you shout as you punch the tree.... and like a twig, tree shatters into pieces. It doesn't shatter completely in half... it just shatters into pieces.

Okay, so you are a bit stronger than before, but true super strength, it seems, is a superpower, and as you've just established. Super powers require the Latin phrase to go with it.

You take another moment to think this thought.....

...

...

...

...

Okay, you think you have it. All the things you were doing that were the result of the character channeling, they weren't superpowers. So they didn't need the phrase. At the same time though, you could do them cause you were channeling them. Yet, they weren't superpowers....

So that means that if something is possible for a human to accomplish, then you don't need the Latin phrase. All the moves you were doing before were things that could definitely be accomplished by humans without the need of superpowers. Sure, you were channeling fictional characters to get them, but still.

So, it seems that if it is possible for a human to accomplish it, you don't need the Latin phrase. As far as the super strength though... well, that wasn't really super strength when you just made a dent in that tree. You know it's possible for humans to get that strong. Yeah, it takes years of training but it's still possible. So yeah, as long as it's possible for a human to accomplish, you don't need the Latin phrase. True you might need specific fictional characters to do specific moves when fighting, like say, you might do a shoryuken better as Ryu than as Goku. You could still do the shoryuken cause you'd know the move, but it wouldn't likely be as effective since you're not channeling the character that the move is associated with.

So yeah, if it's possible for a human to accomplish, you don't need the latin phrase.

Suddenly, your character channeling ability just got a whole lot more useful. Still, you can't just super powers without the phrase, but still...

Speaking of superpowers though.

Say, if you can makes things happen, does it have to be a phrase? If you just simply say "ignis" for fire, it would be formless, which probably means it would appear by what you imagined. If so, the same could be for other elemental words. -Aqua, -Ventus, -Umbra, -Terra, Ect. Although, would it require specific commands to get a specific shape?

Now the real fun begins. You look forward at the burnt tree that you hit with the fireball early. You're done messing with your character channeling now. Lets test out some real powers.

The burnt tree gives you an idea to try something else out.

"Globus Ignis," you say as you look at your hand, and suddenly, a fireball appears in it. It appears and just stays there, just like you imagined it would. It's also not burning your hand. Okay, now you've summoned it, do you need additional words to control it.

You saw your great-grandfather summon a storm of knives and control them without additional words, so maybe....

You imagine the fire moving up your arm to your elbow... and it does. You then move the fire from your left hand to your right, and then back again. It works. It flies over your head as it travels from one hand to the other. So, you summoned the fire, but now it seems you have perfect control over it without saying anything else. Still, in the back of your mind, you are feeling something... It's little but it's there.

So, apparently, if you summon something with your words, like fire or anything of the like, since you summoned it, you have full control over it until you relinquish control of it, say to do another attack.

To do this, you move the fireball back into your left hand and close it. When you open your hand again, the fire is gone.

The fire is yours, so it does what you wish.

Okay, so you use a superpower with a latin phrase. Once you use it, or activate it you guess, then you have full control over it without any additional phrases until you relinquish it. With the fire, you had to summon it with the latin phrase and it came out as a fireball, but once you had the fire, you could move it around as you pleased with no additional commands, and it only went away when you didn't want it anymore. This... could be helpful.

Try out, "Create spear." Or something really simple like that. That should work, easy.

"Hastam," you say as you hold out your hand. Almost instantaneously, a spear appears. The one that you imagined in your head. You spin it around a few times like a martial artist for good measure, but then you hold it on front of you for a moment and look at it.

You remember when your great-grandfather summoned the knives, they floated around in mid air for a while. So, with that in mind, you hold up the spear horizontally in front of you.... and then let go. The spear is floating... in mid air... As it does though, that feeling in the back of your head is returning again. It's not ghost Pinkie Pie, it's something else, but it's there.

You then try to move the floating spear around with your mind... and are successful. You move the spear around force style and do all kinds of things with it. It's a bit awkward first, but you suppose you'll get used to it in time with some more practice.

Next, try creating something completely different. Try creating a squirrel. A real, living, breathing squirrel. If that works... Oh my god, the possibilities are insanely awesome... You could create packs of wolves to fight at your side. You could make packs of wolves made of STEEL that fight at your side...! And speaking of steel wolves, that brings me to my next point: what if it doesn't work? If it doesn't work, then try to create a robot of some kind. Assuming you don't have to know every little detail of an object in order to make it- after all, I doubt you knew the exact properties of the glass you fixed- then you MIGHT be able to make some sort of robot. If it helps, make it a robot you know well. The T1000, for example. Maybe channeling a character that makes robots would help. Doctor Gero, maybe?

You then relinquish the spear... and a smirk grows across your face as you decide to try something a little... daring.

You hold out your hand and point towards the ground in front of you.

"Arcessentes sciurus," you say. Yeah, you're trying to summon a squirrel. Sure, you could do cooler things like a pack of wolves or Godzilla, but baby steps here.

The moment you start to feel any kind of effect however..... nothing happens, and instead, that feeling in the back of your head that you got before returns... with a vengence.

"AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" You scream at the top of your lungs as it feels like someone literally just tried to stab you in the back of the head. You fall to your knees and put your hands on your head as you're hit with the worst headache you've ever felt in your life. It literally does feel like someone tried to stab you in the back of the head.

Oh god, the pain, you can't do anything right now, you have to stop.

-45 minutes later-

After a while, the headache subsides, and you're able to stand again. What just happened? You did the same thing you did with the fire and the spear but..... it was a living creature....

Then it hits you... like a knife to the back of the head.

You cannot summon/create living creatures from nothing. That sort of power is beyond you. Even with all you have, you're still just a mortal human. That... narrows the possibilities down quite a bit, but still... Damn....

As you stand back up, you look over towards another nearby tree... and decide to try something else.

"Dissipabitur!" you shout. It works, and the tree is instantly destroyed, nothing but atoms remain of it.... but the headache returns, though not nearly as bad as the last time.

So, these powers do take some kind of toll on you. It's not a physical toll obviously, but something else. Yeah, you could destroy something, but it required a lot of focus from you, and it hurt a lot to do so. Okay, you can't create living things, fair enough, but what exactly is the limit of this power? Yeah, you just atomized something, but that took a lot out of you too...

You'll have to think about this later... when you're head is not in throbbing pain.

You would, but then suddenly, it hits you. It would appear it seems, not all powers are meant for mortals. Creation it seems is still god's domain.

Still, there are a lot of other badass things you can do, and after your headache subsides. You're feeling up for trying them now.

Channel your inner Gordon freeman(Freeman's Mind), summon a crowbar, and see if that does any better than your knife.

The first thing you do is channel your inner Gordon Freeman and summon a crowbar. Yeah, you have the skills to use said crowbar now, but it's not really fairing much better than you're knife. What you do get from this though, is that the crowbar works well with the Gordon Freeman channel. You somewhat figured this out already, but maybe this goes a bit deeper than you thought.

Channel Superman and see if you get super strength and the ability to fly and shoot lasers out of your eyes and stuff

Now, try flying. Yes, flying. Say, "I can fly," and see if you can, well, fly. After that, try out invisibility. You could do protection spells, so invisibility and flying should be possible too, right?

You then try channeling Superman and giving yourself the ability to fly. It does work, albeit it does require a bit more focus than you thought it would, and the feeling in the back of your head is returning faster than you thought it would. Also it's kind of a pain to control. Both of these are made a bit easier by channeling Superman, but it's not really helping in the long run.

What you do figure out though, is that you seem to have a lot more control (and it requires a lot less focus) to simply jump really high.

That's another thing you've noticed about some of these powers. You really have to focus on them, and certain abilities require more focus than others. That's probably why it was so difficult to create the squirrel earlier. Creating a living being requires so much focus that your mind couldn't take it. Likewise you could destroy something, but it still required a lot of focus to do so. Maybe there's a way to ease this somehow.

Channel Aang from Avatar the Last Airbender and see if you can control the elements

You then decide to channel Aang from Avatar and see what it can do. You do have to admit that this does help you control the elements (particularly wind) a little bit better. So, picking a good fictional character can help with focusing on certain abilities.

Using and controlling fire and air for example, required less focus when you were channeling Aang as opposed to just doing it on your own. You could still do it on your own without channeling Aang, but channeling a character who knows how to control the elements really helps.

Also when channeling him you notice that when you do control the elements, you tend to subconsciously do things like he would as opposed to just doing it like you would. Maybe that comes with the control and help with focus, you don't know.

Also, Aang does give you the ability to use a staff and spear like a boss.

Channel The Man with No Name from the Good the Bad and the Ugly and summon a six shooter and test out your marksman skills

Summon a military rifle and fire it into the surrounding trees

Channel Hawkeye and summon a bow, infinite arrows/a gun with infinite ammo and a target and practice shooting to check your Marksmanship

With that done, you then channel The Man With No Name from the Clint Eastwood movies and give yourself a revolver. Unsurprisingly at this point, you can hit every target you aim at.

You then channel Hawkeye and give yourself a bow, and do the same thing. You hit every single target. It's just like Aang, certain characters do work better with certain abilities it seems.

Aang gave you better control over the elements these two gave you better accuracy with certain weapons.

What neither of them do however, is give you Batman's insight and problem solving abilities or The Doctor's ability to deal with alien things. Yeah, they help with fighting, but as far as intellectual things, they aren't for much. You do have to admit, you did feel yourself get a lot stupider than usual when you switched out Batman or The Doctor for characters like Aang. Yeah, Aang is badass, but he doesn't have the same abilities as Batman that can help you outside of a fight.

So yeah, character channeling helps you in a fight too, but also outside it. And since you still can't switch out fictional characters mid combat or mid... anything really, you still have to be wise about which ones you want to pick and use.

Channel Link and an Ocarina and play the song of storms (If this works Rainbow Dash will be confused :rainbowhuh:)

You also decide to channel Link from Ocarina of Time and summon up an ocarina, which you then use to play the Song of Storms..... which does nothing at first, but then you decide to try something else.

"Carminus tempestates," you say aloud, then play the song again. To your surprise.... it works... and it starts raining for a little bit. For only a little bit though, it stops after a minute or so.

Why did you do this? No reason really, just for a bit of fun, and just to see if you could do it.

Summon a friggin Tank and drive it

Afterwards, you then decide to summon a friggin tank. Because why not.

You do create a tank. However, the mental strain and focus required to do so is a lot more than you thought. Yeah, it's not summoning a living creature or anything like that, but still it's a lot. It would see that the more complicated a machine is (or the thing you want to summon), the more focus you have to put into it and thus the more difficult it is to create and the more strain it puts on you to do so.

That's probably why your great grandfather mostly stuck to simple things like knives and fireball during his fight with Haypennywise. With that in mind, keeping things simple is probably best.

Summon nude Scarlett Johansson and a camera (Snap as many pics as you can)

Unfortunately, you cannot summon a nude Scarlett Johansson much less a camera to take picture of her. Again, living things and all that. What you can do however, is summon nude pictures of Scarlett Johansson. That works well enough.

2 : channel master chief and use armor lock

You try using an armor lock like ability both with and without channeling Master Chief. They both work equally well.

3 : channel booker dewitt and use possession on a tree
4 : channel pewdiepie, look for stephano

You then get the idea to try and channel a certain character that can hell you possess a tree. When you try this though, separating your mind from your body hurts... a lot.... both mentally and physically.... So yeah.... you are not doing that again... ever.

You're fine now though, no need to worry about a thing.

You have no idea who Pewdiepie is, so you're not going to do that either.

Give yourself the ability to add an elemental property to your weapons of choice
Give yourself Super Strength and punch the ground and leave a crater
Give yourself the ability to channel your energy and the ability to fire it like a projectile
Give yourself the ability to create illusions
Give yourself the ability to teleport.
Give yourself the ability to see the future
See if you can slow down time around you or atleast slow your opponents down

Then, see if you can summon and modify copies of your knife, such as adding enchantments, like Flame Edge to cauterize wounds inflicted with it, as this will be helpful in case you encounter a Learnian Hydra. (A Hydra that regrows heads.) Then see if you can make Shadow Clones of yourself, so you can approach an enemy from all sides, and overwhelm them with numbers. Then test your magic in Alteration, to attempt to alter a rock into a house, then a nearby bird into a bat if the rock works.

You then decide to try out a whole range of things.

You summon both a weapon, and try to add some kind of elemental property to it, and it does work. Really, it's as simple as summoning both the weapon, and then the element you want to add onto it. You could summon them both at once, but really, summoning the weapon first, then the element is much easier. Granted this does require more focus since you're doing two things as opposed to one, but that's to be expected really.

You also try messing with the knife you currently have as well. You try to make some copies of it, which you do, though the original one still works better with you. You also try enchanting your knife with an elemental property like the weapon you summoned, and it also works.

However, since this is not a weapon you summoned, but rather one you have, it required less focus. The first one required you to create the weapon, and then enchant it with the elemental property you wanted. With this... you already had the knife, so all you needed to do was add the enchantment. Also, you have some better degree of control with the knife in your hand rather than a weapon that you created. Yeah, you could use both, but you're better synched to the knife, you guess is the best way to put it.

So yeah, real weapons are in some respects better than weapons you create.

You then try creating illusions of yourself, and are able to do it quite well. Granted physical copies are harder to create than illusions for obvious reasons.

You also try teleporting, which you imagine just like what happened when Celestia teleported you to the bathroom in Canterlot Castle.... what, it's the only frame of reference you have really. You manage to do it, but as you expected, longer distances costs more focus and is harder to do. Also, teleporting just feels weird to you.... You're not sure why.

You also try to see the future, but you get nothing..... you have no control over time it seems, and the future doesn't seem to be set in stone. That's okay... you guess....

Now, try and see if you can physically alter your body. Say, "My muscles grow," and if your muscles get bigger, then you can modify your own body at will. The possibilities that could arise from such an ability are astounding...

"Mea musculorum augentur," you say aloud... and you feel your muscles start to grow in size.... but it also hurts quite a bit. You relinquish the power as quickly as possible before it got too bad though. You can still move your arm.

So, you can change your appearance, but doing so.... okay this seems obvious now, but you're literally changing the stuff you are made of, it's not like you aren't gonna feel something. And your muscles and ligaments being torn and stretched like that, it's gonna hurt. With effects like that, giving yourself super strength is a lot easier than just making your muscles grow.

Just for fun, try to turn yourself into a pony. If you're a pony, then there's nothing wrong with pursuing one or more of your new friends romantically. Just make sure to change back, since only humans can defeat Nyarlathotepe, apparently.

Give yourself the ability to transform

You thought of trying to give yourself the ability to transform or become something else... maybe a pony, but with this recent revelation, you're starting to think that might not be a good idea. Just increasing the size of your muscles hurt like a bitch, so transforming your entire body into something else must be..... yeah, you don't even want to think about that level of pain.

Channel Mystique from X-Men and try to change your appearance (Look like some of the people you are channeling)

You do come up with a way around this though, as you imagine an ability similar to the illusion you cast earlier, and as you say the correct words, make yourself appear to look like someone else a la Mystique from X-men. Also speaking of her, this ability also works better while channeling her too.

This is by no means a full on transformation, it's just a hologram/illusion, so if you lose focus or relinquish it, you'll loose the appearance you took on. Also if someone touches you, they'll find out immediately it's really you. Also this requires you to both have the image (the full image, from head to toe), of the person you want to become in your head when you say the words, and you have to be specific with the name of that person or pony (yes it does work with pony forms, you tried) you want to become.

Also you can change into the character you are channeling a lot easier than you can any other person... for some reason.

Now try saying something along the lines of, "My wounds regenerate quickly." Then give yourself a little cut. See if the cut seals up. Might not work completely on the large wound on your shoulder, but your grandfather seemed to have healed you back there. Maybe a spell like this will help heal you consistently throughout a fight. If it doesn't work, try channeling Deadpool, and try again. His powers might change the outcome.

What's the difference from healing/enhancing your body by saying "I heal/ I become fast" than doing so to a specific part of the body ("my left arm regenerates/my legs become stronger")?

Doing all this reminds you of something else as well. You remember that before he fought Haypennywise, your great-grandfather said something that healed you. If that is possible, is it possible to heal yourself?

With that in mind, you pull out your knife... you hesitate at first.... but you give yourself a little cut... just a little one. Just on the finger.

"Celeriter curare vulnera mea," you then say aloud. Your wound does close... but... it's weird. It feels like that took a bit more focus than it should have. It was just a small cut on the finger, so it wasn't much at all, but it still feels like that should have been a lot simpler.

You guess if you were healing somebody else... it would have....

That's why he healed you. Because doing it yourself wouldn't have worked as easily. If just this little cut was a bit harder than it should have been, then healing much larger wounds might be a bit more difficult, you hope that you don't get to find out soon enough. Still, if it means that somebody else healing you is preferable, then that might cause some issues in the future.

You're still not quite sure why it's doing this. Maybe you'll find the answer later somehow. For now though, it's just weird to you.

Use your Latin powers to try to do this.

"Erumpentium incendii digitum!" you shout as you thrust your right hand forward into a tree as it burns red hot. After a few moments, the tree explodes, leaving only splinters and the remains of a burnt tree, just like you imagined it would.

That attack was powerful, and as such, it took a lot of focus to pull off..... As awesome as that was, there has to be a better way to pull this off. There are a lot of powerful things you discovered you could do that would be more useful if they used up less focus. They would.... wait...... you have to say the words to use them.

"Manum meam est ardens rubrum!" you shout as you turn to face another tree and start running towards it. "Magno fragore manifestam mihi percipere victoriae!" As you scream these words, your hand grows hotter and hotter, much hotter than it was before. Then, just as you reach the tree. "Erumpentium! Incendii! Digitum!!!" You shout at the top of your lungs as you stick your hand into the tree again.

This time however, the tree doesn't just explode, your hand... it's much hotter than it was before. You actually stand there for a moment and watch as the tree starts to glow a little bit, and then spontaneously catch fire from the intense heat in your hand. Then, like before, it explodes. When the dust clears however, nothing, only ash remains.

You're..... you actually have no words for this. For just the same amount of focus as you put into the last attack.... you all but destroyed this tree when the last time, there's still a burnt stump left.... How did you even do that? You didn't put in any more or less focus, so how....

It was the words.

The words help you focus.

You said more words this time when you did the attack, so ergo the attack was more powerful because you were putting more into it.

That's it. That's how you can make focusing these abilities that much easier. You have to say more words. The more words you say, the easier something is to do. Granted, since the attack or ability you want to use isn't actually used until after the words have already been spoken, then perhaps in a battle situation saying incredibly long phrases for simple attacks might not be a good idea.

So saying fewer words to do something requires more focus on your part, on the other hand, saying more words requires less focus and will allow you to do more awesome things, but they take time to charge up before they are actually used. You'll have to decide which words you want to actually say wisely when it comes down to it. Short and simple, or long and powerful, you guess it would depend on the situation.

Still, you did find what you were looking for. A way to make focusing on these abilities easier.

Summon the ghost pinkie by breaking the fourth wall, think about breaking a pinkie promise, or something. Channel Sam Winchester, and see if exorcism works. Supernatural exorcisms, see what fugior and peto celerrime does when spoken. summon a pitfall in front of Flagg for Lulz.

It crosses your mind that you would LOVE to perform an exorcism this way... unfortunately, there is no one and no pony around for you to exorcise. You would like to think that to perform and exorcism, there must be something that you need to perform the exorcism on, and none seem to be available at the moment.

The thought however, does remind you of the end of the fight with Haypennywise where both you and your grandfather were saying the same words to banish him to the howling abyss.... at least, you think that's what you were doing.

Now that you think about it though, banishing something that powerful, might be more difficult than you realize. It will probably take some really long speech in Latin on your part to pull off. A simple two or three word phrase won't do at all for something that powerful. Then again...... you could destroy a tree..... albeit with a major headache in the process, so why can't you destroy them that way? Maybe they can't be killed that way.... you don't know. What you do know is, you're not about to destroy anything like that again. In a fight no way is that gonna help you.

channel your inner Pyro and summon your inner fire shouting
"ABSOLUTIS INFERNA!"
(ABSOLUTE INFERNO)
summoning a wall of fire that destroys everything around it in a blaze of drath and glory
and realise everything is on fire an panicly scream
"posuerunt ignem de!'
(put the fire out!"

With that... you think you can pretty much call yourself done.

You walk over to a nearby tree, lean back against it, and slide all the way down until you're sitting on the ground. By God the amount of things that are destroyed is just phenomenal...... and you're making a note never to use that word again... you don't like it.

But anyway, you did a lot.

Part of you wants to, as a last ditch effort, unleash your inner pyro and just annihilate everything since you know how to now apparently, but you hold it back for now. As awesome as that would be, you really don't want to have to explain that later.

Try to summon your comfy pants, along with some modern battle armor, so you can be comfortable AND protected.

Instead, you, with your powers, summon up the comfy pants that you had back home... okay, they're an exact copy of them as you imagined them, but they're there. God they are so comfy. You don't summon any battle armor though, not yet.

As you lean back against the tree. You take a moment to review everything you've learned so far while doing this today.

To summarize what you've learned about your new powers.

1.) You CAN use the abilities of the characters you are channeling now to a degree.

2.) If something is possible for a human to accomplish, then you don't need the Latin phrases. With regards to the characters you are channeling, you can use their abilities without using Latin phrases as long as it is possible for a normal, real life human being to accomplish them. Some examples include parkouring around the trees, as you did, most forms of martial arts moves, as you also did, and making yourself a bit stronger, faster, and more agile to a degree that if a human being can do it naturally, then so can you.

3.) Any and all forms of superpowers do require the Latin phrases to pull off. This ranges from super strength, to control over the elements, to summoning things.

4.) All of these things that you do require some degree of focus, and naturally some things, usually more powerful things, are harder to do than others. More powerful attacks require more focus to pull off and on the summoning end, the more complex the thing is you are trying to summon, the harder it is to do. Keeping things simple is probably best unless the situation really calls for it.

5.) There is a limit to how much you can do all of this, and it does put a mental strain on your body. That feeling in the back of your head whenever you do these things is basically telling you how much you are focusing on the task at hand, and some things, like creating a living creature, are just too much for a human. Also excessive use of this (though to what degree you aren't sure aside from creating something living) power will cause headaches.

6.) Certain things and abilities are easier to do and even require less focus depending on what characters you are channeling at the moment. Try out different combinations to see what you can do with them.

7.) The more Latin words that you say (and yes, you do have to speak the words out loud) when you're performing an attack or ability will make it more powerful and require less focus, but logically, in battle this will leave you open and vulnerable, as you do need to finish the phrase you are speaking before you can actually use the attack.

8.) You can heal yourself, but focus wise, it seems to be much more trouble than it's worth. You're not really sure why this is.

9.) Real weapons may be preferable to the ones that you can summon for the fact that they require less focus to use depending on what you are doing. Also weapons you create do require some focus to maintain as well as use. Obvious reasons are obvious.

10.) You can play the song of storms.

...

...

...

And that's it really. As far as you know. That's what you've learned so far.

Still... you wanna just unleash your inner pyro and burn everything, but your logical mind is telling you...........

"Ah screw it," you say to yourself as you stand back up.

-Continued in Part 2-

Author's Note:

Status: Edited

PreviousChapters Next