• Published 7th Jun 2013
  • 15,384 Views, 1,484 Comments

Wake up. See this. What do? - Part 2: Raise the Flag (comment driven story) - RazortheAwesome



Part 2 of the epic story: Wake up. See this. What do? The adventures of the human Jason Morgan continue as he takes on the most dangerous adversary Equestria has ever seen by far, and as always, the question remains. What do you do?

  • ...
18
 1,484
 15,384

PreviousChapters Next
Extra Chapter: Explaining who DaedaltheusXIV is

(Before we begin here on this special Sunday update of Wake up. See this. What do? I encourage you to read this blog post written by DaedaltheusXIV himself, as it introduces who he is far better than I can. So yeah, read that. If not, then keep on reading for my explanation of him.)

Okay, so apparently some of you (and by "some" I mean quite a bit) of you were confused about a certain aspect of the last chapter featuring Risen Flag, namely the sudden introduction of a mysterious author named DaedaltheusXIV that some of you believe is another elder god. In actuality, the truth is a lot more simpler than that.

In real life, DaedaltheusXIV is one of my all time best friends, co-author of some of my other written works both having and not having to do with ponies, business partner, and most relevant to this story, he helps me with brainstorming... a lot. Some of you may also remember him as the narrator from the dramatic reading channel the two of us used to maintain a while back.

More importantly however, brainstorming aside, he is actually the one who helped me come up with the character Risen Flag and his group of followers known as The Plush (to be fair, it was I who first came up with the idea of using Nyarlathotep as the villain in part 1 of this story, but it was he who helped me figure out and come up with how to implement him in this story, what kind of character he would be, and most importantly, what kinds of things, evil or otherwise, that he would be doing).

Because of that, and because I spend most of my time writing this story catering to you guys, your needs, and what you are telling me to do with this story, he took it upon himself to write some chapters for this story featuring Risen Flag. Since he helped create the character, and because he has real talent in coming up with and writing evil characters who enjoy giving long, elaborate speeches (seriously this guy is amazing at that, so amazing in fact that sometimes I think he is actually evil), I had absolutely no problem with this, as it seemed like the perfect setup. I would write the main story for this based on what you guys tell me, and he would write a few short chapters featuring the villains and what they would be up to.

The result of this is well... every chapter in which Risen Flag appears. No, seriously, every chapter in which Risen Flag appears was written by DaedaltheusXIV since he knows the character so well and knows how to write that type of villain. Even the bits in the main story in which Risen Flag appears have some input from him since he knows better than I do how Risen would react to these kinds of situations.

(This is the important part)

Anyway, now we are getting to where we are now with this. In part 1 one of this story, he only wrote two chapters, the chapter in which Risen Flag first appears, and the chapter at the end in which all the members of the Plush are together in the meeting room. When part 2 rolled around, he asked me if there was any way he could become more involved in the story since Risen Flag and The Plush were now scheduled to make many, MANY more appearances in the story now. Again, I had no problem with this since he knew how to write these characters extremely well and I spent most of my time writing the main story, it just made sense.

However, as more and more time went on and we kept brainstorming, he kept making The Plush more and more powerful. Yeah, he has a tendency in his own work to make his villains damn near unbeatable and in some cases, unkillable. Because of this, he spent so much time thinking about The Plush, how they fit into this story, and how they operate that beating them became next to impossible, for a time anyway (don't worry, they can be beaten, we made sure of that). This isn't that much of a problem, as it helps create a more compelling story, but the more he helps me come up with scenarios for The Plush, the more he keeps thinking of ways to make them more and more powerful and by extension, make them win. The fact that there is now a side story going on featuring other humans that want to help Jason Morgan only serve an extra challenge for him.

Then, in my story, something happened. He started to notice more and more that I would start randomly appearing as a self insert author for the sake of humor... mostly when I have conversations with Pinkie Pie

"Like this. See..."

PINKIE!!!!

"Sorry." *grins*

Yeah, like that. Then, one chapter, I actually physically appeared in front of Swimming Dalek and Registered Anonymous (I'm sure you two remember that). When that happened, he approached me with the idea that since he is writing the chapters with The Plush, and since he is purposefully making them stronger and stronger (yes, he is doing this on purpose), he came up with the idea of two separate authors competing with each other to make different sides in the story victorious, like a game of chess. The idea, honestly, made me laugh my ass off.

So that was what that bit was about in his chapter. Since I, as the author, have a presence in the story now, he felt it necessary to have a presence in the story himself, so as such, like me, he created his own in story avatar with which to interact with the story. That was what that bit at the intro was about, which was basically him letting you guys know that he exists.

(Now, this bit here is what you should be taking away from all of this)

So, in the end, what do we have here? Basically, what he have is that my best friend/buisiness partner, helped me come up with The Plush and Risen Flag, and took it upon himself to write the chapters for those characters because he knows how to write these types of characters really well, and since he wanted to become more involved in the story, I let him insert himself into the story just like I did. Now, he is writing all the chapters that feature The Plush.

But I know what you all are thinking right now. "If he is writing all of the chapters with The Plush, what does that mean for us?" Well, to put it simply, you are doomed. No, not really of course, but, in a sense, you are. Oh, and before you ask, yes. He does read all of your comments. Let me put it this way. While I read all of your comments and do whatever I can with them to lead Jason Morgan and all the other characters on a path towards success (Shut up, I do), he reads all of your comments and does everything within his power to make Risen Flag victorious.

Basically, he is reading what you guys are saying, and doing everything he can to thwart you guys.

Do not fear though, for Risen Flag and The Plush can still be beaten. While he is writing all the chapters that feature The Plush (and there will be more in the future), I still control the main story. So whatever I say still goes.

DaedaltheusXIV helped a lot with this story and due to his lack of recognition for his efforts (as I am on this site far more often then he is), I let him become more involved in this story.

The result now, is two competing authors, I, who control the main story, and he, who writes for Risen Flag. So while I am writing to make you guys victorious, he is writing to make Risen Flag and the Plush as powerful as they can be.

Don't worry though, that doesn't mean that the Plush are impossible to kill or that there is no way to win, all this really means is that he is helping me come up with a far more compelling story than I have already.

So yeah, that is pretty much it. That's who DaedaltheusXIV is. You all should check him out, really. He writes quality work and there is a reason I work with him as often as I do. So yeah... do it. Give him the recognition he deserves.

Now if you will excuse us. The two of us god like entities who control the story have some writing to do. :twilightsmile:

We look forward to the next chapter as much as you do.

PreviousChapters Next