• Published 15th May 2013
  • 9,505 Views, 1,556 Comments

Xenophilia: Shotglass Oneshots - TheQuietMan



Ficlets, short shots, one-offs and random tales from the Xenophilia universe.

  • ...
40
 1,556
 9,505

PreviousChapters Next
75: The Mystery of the Disappearing Lero by Goat Licker

The Mystery of the Disappearing Lero by Goat Licker

*******************



The door shut, and the three gasped in horror.

“He’s gone!” Dash said. She knocked on the door. “Can he get out?” She reached out a hoof and grasped the handle. “It’s locked!”

Lyra leaned close to the door. “Lero? Can you hear us?” She pressed an ear to the door. “What’s going on in there?”

“That’s it!” Dash said, pushing herself into the air with a mighty flap of her wings. “I’m knocking the door down.”

“Wait!” Twilight said, curling a hoof around Dash’s leg. “The door might hit him!”

“Argh!” Dash shouted. “What are we going to do? Can’t you magic it or something?”

“L-let me think of something!” Twilight said, as Dash settled down. “Hold on.”

Twilight moved to the end of the room and dug through her saddle bag and pulled out a six sided dice, each side having some sort of message written in red ink. “I call this my rubrics cube,” Twilight said. “It helps me plan when I don't know what to do.”

“Don't explain, just throw it!” Dash said.

Twilight tossed the dice, and it landed on ‘make a flowchart’.

“Okay,” Twilight said, rolling up imaginary sleeves. “I just need some paper and ink, and we'll have him out in no time!”

The doorknob jiggled, and Lero pulled open the door. He frowned at his mares.

“Seriously, girls? I just had to use the bathroom.”

Dash rushed him, holding his body tight with all four legs. “Don't leave us like that!”

Lero felt Lyra’s magic cradle a particularly sensitive part of his body, and Twilight’s magic grasp another particularly sensitive part of his body. He could identify the magic without looking at the color, as magic always gave off psychic impressions – Lyra’s magic was freshly cut cucumbers, drizzled in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, with a pinch of dill crumbled on top, all on a white porcelain plate. Twilight’s magic was a cozy chair and a warm blanket on a cold winter’s night with a good thick book and a cup of hot cocoa.

“Let one of us go with you next time,” Twilight said, as her and Lyra’s magic began pulling him toward his bed. “We didn't know what happened to you!”

“Or keep the door open so we can see you,” Lyra said, as she crawled onto the bed.

Heat season is stupid, Lero thought.

PreviousChapters Next