• Published 15th May 2013
  • 9,486 Views, 1,556 Comments

Xenophilia: Shotglass Oneshots - TheQuietMan



Ficlets, short shots, one-offs and random tales from the Xenophilia universe.

  • ...
40
 1,556
 9,486

PreviousChapters Next
30: Done Waiting by SpinelStride

Done Waiting by SpinelStride

******************



"Do you remember?"

"I remember a lot of things."

"Do you remember when we first found out? I was so excited, so happy. You were going to be there when I grew up."

"I remember. Twilight had her wings. You thought that meant she'd be with you too, but you were so overjoyed to find out there was someone else."

"And she was with me. For part of it. And in a way she still is."

"With me too. But not in the same way."

"Her magic was part of her. Her magic is part of me. It always will be. You still have Dash's feather."

"They really are almost indestructible."

"I always thought that 'almost' would catch up to it sooner or later."

"One day maybe it will."

"But not yet. Not before me."

"Have you decided what to do with your hoard? The Guard is defending it now, but the rumors keep growing. It really is the greatest hoard ever assembled."

"They can stand down when I'm gone. There's a surprise waiting for whoever gets in first."

"If I promise to keep it a secret, will you tell me?"

"For you, yes. There's nothing there. I've been giving it away a bit at a time for the last thousand years. I timed it pretty well. I only have one thing left."

"It's still as perfect as the day you gave it to her."

"She's still as perfect as the day I first saw her. In my mind."

"I'm sure she's waiting for you."

"All this time? She was that generous."

"She was at that."

"What are you going to do?"

"Keep waiting here. There had to be a reason she didn't come back. She deserves to have someone who loves her be there when she arrives."

"Did you ever find out how long it would be?"

"Any day now. Same as it's been since she first cast it. Time spells don't leave forwarding addresses."

"Such loyalty. It's no wonder Rainbow Dash fell in love with you."

"You're sounding tired."

"I am. I think this is the time. Thanks for being with me all the way. Dad."

"I'll see you again one day, son. With your mother at my side."

"I'll be waiting."

PreviousChapters Next