• Published 15th May 2013
  • 9,500 Views, 1,556 Comments

Xenophilia: Shotglass Oneshots - TheQuietMan



Ficlets, short shots, one-offs and random tales from the Xenophilia universe.

  • ...
40
 1,556
 9,500

PreviousChapters Next
34: Vacation for Two: Beach Babe by warpd

Vacation for Two: Beach Babe

“Now this is a vacation.” Lero stretched his limbs. He wore less clothing than his normal attire. His thin short sleeved columbian blue shirt and what he appropriately termed 'shorts' billowed in the wind. The airship coasted along a pegasus created jet stream. The ship had been a side project of hers for the longest time. The S.S. Starlight, in her words, ‘is the most advance ship for the sole purpose of exploration, diplomacy, and (getting away from it all)’. The new royal ship was the first ship for Twilight’s naval fleet and was designed for comfort and slick travel. “See for miles in every direction and a sandy beach to look forward to.”

Twilight spat hair out of her mouth as her mane constantly wrapped around her face. “I can’t wait till we land, I much prefer trains over airship travel.”

“You’re not going to throw up again are you?” Lero wrapped his arm around her withers and rubbed his fingers across her body.

She leaned in the embrace and closed her eyes. “No, thank you sweetie, but I’m fine now. I cast a spell to save what little lunch I have left. I’d hoped that my airsickness would have left with the arrival of my new wings. I just can’t stand airships. My equilibrium just goes completely out of whack every time I fly on one.” After the disaster that was the snow vacation last year, Twilight decided it was time for a new approach.

“Not that I’m objecting or anything, because I’m totally looking forward to the beach, but I recall you saying that you didn’t enjoy going to hot weather on a vacation.” Lero kneaded his knuckles across his beloved princess’ back. He was rewarded with a content sigh.

“We might not be able to tolerate as much heat as you can, but I have a plan.” A twinkle of maliciousness sparkled in Twilight’s eyes as she chuckled darkly. “Oh, do I have a brilliant plan. Those reporters think they can ruin our vacation again? Well I got something to throw their plans in a loop.”

Lero glanced warily at his mare before he shrugged. Twilight occasional mad scientist mode still made him pause to this day. “You haven’t told me what your plan was. How are we going to avoid paparazzi and all that jazz?”

“You’ve been patient so now is a good time to tell you.” She opened up a decorative box and hovered a plan golden necklace over to Lero. He studied the mundane jewelry that glowed with a dull aura. Twilight unclipped it and wrapped it around her stallion’s neck. She took this opportunity to steal a quick kiss. “This is a magically enhanced necklace that allows its bearer to breathe underwater, swim faster, and talk. Normally I would cast a spell on you, but this makes it so I don’t have to keep recasting throughout the day.”

Lero fingered the trinket with a bemused expression on his face. “That’s pretty cool. Normally I would be the one giving you jewlery. So does this mean…?

“Yes, we are not going to play on the shores of a beach while obnoxious reporters nip at our haunches. No, we are going into the ocean! We will being dancing under the sea!” Twilight stood up on her back legs and cackled like a mad mare. “Nothing can stop us now!” At this point she would have fallen over, but Lero positioned himself so she could continue her fun.

Twilight heard a pitiful whimper. She looked down at one her stallion guards who looked like he was ready to crumple down and cry. “P-princess, could you please not summon lightning while we are on this ship.”

“Sorry.”

---

Pure white beaches stretched on as far as the eye could see. The crystal clear ocean water washed ashore with a steady rhythm. Seagulls chirped overhead as they looked for snack opportunities. The sun scorched the sands with unreal heat. A human might find it comfortable for a short while, but ponies normally found it unbearable after an hour. In the land of Equestria, ponies don’t take long trips to the beach often.

So a large herd of ponies on the shoreline was a strange sight indeed. They all stared out to sea with despondence. Empty bottled water littered around them, a sure sign that the weather did not agree with their nature. Any available shade was taken by multiple ponies. They had worked so hard for nothing, the ship they had followed was far out on the horizon. There was no readily available pegasus city or boat to carry them. The royal couple had outwitted them.

“This is so not fair.”

“Hey, is that wave coming at us getting bigger?”

---

A gleeful Twilight Sparkle pranced on the ship deck like a foal. Ha, take that free press.

Sandy cays peaked over the surface of the ocean with barely any plant life on them. She could see to the bottom of the ocean with ease. The multicolored coral reef streamed with lifeforms of all kinds contrary to what little could be seen on the small cays around them. There was so much to do here, and so very, very far away from any nosey, rude reporters.

The airship now floated over a section of the coral reef. The amphibian abilities of this ship made Twilight giddy as a foal. Sure she had them tested out before this maiden voyage, but it worked so well out in the field she couldn’t help herself. Twilight took out her checklist and promptly checked it. “Made it with no interruptions, check.”

Twilight placed her list back down on her tower of books (protected by several spells of course). She had just gotten done with One Hundred and Two Things to do with Sand, beloved sequel to the One Hundred and One Things to do with Sand now endorsed by Princess Twilight, so she was prepared for everything. First things first, does Lero want to swim or make a sand castle?

Lero rose from the ship depths wrapped in a towel. “Hey, can we try out your little spell? Breathing underwater sounds really cool.”

Twilight raised her eyebrow at her stallion and wondered what in the world he was doing. “Sure, but why are you wearing a towel?”

“Well, before we came here I commissioned Rarity to make something really special. I haven’t worn it until today and with the way it is I probably will only wear it around you and the other girls.”

Lero dropped his towel. Twilight’s confused expression melted away to surprise. Oh, oh my. That certainly leaves nothing to the imagination. He’s almost wearing nothing at all. Is it getting hotter in here? Oh right, the sun is burning me up. Yup perfectly logical conclusion.

“Back home we called it a speedo. It’s mainly used to show off.” Lero blushed as Twilight’s wings stood at attention; his new ‘speedo’ made it easier for Twilight to see his entire body turn red. “Ready to swim?”

“R-ready to—Oh right swim!” Twilight smiled a completely innocent smile. Then she noticed her royal guards behind Lero. Every one of them were in some state of arousal; wings stretched out to full length, jaws dropped, and one nose bleed. I don’t think Lero knows they are there. No, bad Twilight.

“Right, let’s go then!” Twilight grinned as Lero leapt over the side. She quickly turned to regard her compromised guards with a sharp glare and almost hissed at them. “Not a word to him.”

As she dived overboard she heard one guard say, “I can see the appeal now…I owe you five bits.”
The spell works great! Twilight floated down to the ocean floor. The saltwater didn’t sting her eyes and she had no difficulty breathing. Now where did my stallion go?

“Twilight!” Lero corkscrewed in front of her with the grace that Rainbow Dash had while she flew. “I’m practically a dolphin now.”

Speaking and increase speed, check and check. Oooh I didn’t know he could bend like that. Twilight shook her head and called out to her stallion. “Wait up!”

Despite the spell, Twilight was not nearly as fast or graceful as her partner. Lero swam a few loops around her then nestled up next to her. “Hey, wrap your forelegs around my shoulders and hold on.”

Twilight latched on and rubbed her belly against his bare back. “Ready?” Lero grinned as Twilight nodded. He shot ahead with the fluidity of a shark.

Twilight hugged her stallion close to her, he felt so warm. Normally this would be a submissive position that the stallion would do for his mare. Lero isn’t strong enough to carry us and his biped nature wouldn’t allow this to happen othe—OH look a sunfish!

The coral reef was alive with life. Fishes, octopi, crabs, jellyfish, and so many others. The corals turned various colors as they swam by. Mood coral, looks like we got pink…I think that was lust. Hey is that a manta hawk?

“Hello!”

Lero stopped and looked around, he was more than a little surprised to hear a stranger. Twilight noticed a hazy blur swim by. “Are you two on vacation?”

A vortex of water swirled in front of them to reveal a pony. That’s not a pony, that’s a mermare. Lower body is like a dolphin while the upper body is pony like. Her body’s coloration seems to mix pink and white together.

Twilight cleared her throat. “Greetings, yes we are.”

“Wow, royalty. Never thought I would ever meet a princess.” The mermare darted behind them and gently dragged her tail fin over Twilight’s wing. “I know Princess Celestia is much larger and is white so you must be Princess Luna!”

Twilight twitched her wing away as Lero swam around to keep the stranger in his line of sight. “Actually I’m Princess Twilight. This is my husband, Lero.”

Lero nervously waved. “H-hey.”

“You can call me Seathera, and what is this hunky stallion? I’ve never seen anything like you before.” Seathera’s really, really long mane trickled Lero’s chin as it flowed all around him.

Oh no you don’t. He’s mine! Twilight flicked her wings and spun around Lero so she could look the mermare muzzle to muzzle. Her horn pressed down on Seathera’s head to ward off the promiscuous mermare. “He’s a human and like I said my husband.”

“Oh don’t be like that.” Seathera purred. “I know you ponies love multiple partners.”

Twilight felt her ears being tickled as Seathera kissed (!) her horn. She’s coming on way, way strong. Is she in heat? Do mermares have a heat season? I haven’t researched this! I’m not prepared for any of this. Twilight started to breathe rapidly as her horn glowed. “S-sorry we got to go!”

With a flash of light, Lero and Twilight teleported away and they found themselves on a sand cove. The bubble of water around them crashed down on the beach. They groaned as they pulled themselves up off the now wet sand. Twilight sat on her haunches as she felt the heat subside. “Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh.”

“Twilight, are you going to be ok?” She felt her stallion place his hand on her neck and rubbed her.

“I’ll be fine. I just wasn’t expecting that kind of company.” Twilight shivered as her wet mane plastered itself all over her body. Oh my, maybe we should try to avoid that for now. This is a vacation for me and my stallion.

Lero coughed hesitantly. “She was showing off her…um…ya and she looked like she wanted some action.”

“Well she’s not getting any. This is our time.” Twilight’s feathers were heavy with seawater as she tried to spread them out.

“Yoo-hoo!” The same seductive voice called out from the sea. Seathera waved her hoof at them with a pleased grin on her face. “I know you silly land mammals are having a moment, but you all seem to have forgotten something.”

T-that’s Lero’s speedo! Twilight jerked her head towards her stallion and found he had indeed had his only article of clothing stolen. The dying heat roared to life as Twilight gasped. “Give that back!”

“You want it? Come get it.” Seathera disappeared into the water.

Twilight whined in shock with a slow head tilt as Lero did his best to cover himself. “How did she do that? That was the only thing I had on me.”

Twilight nickered and stomped her hooves as she readied herself for the chase. “No two-bit tail lifter is going to get away with this!”

Lero watched as she vanished into the waves. “I know she is a horse, but everytime she makes those sounds I can’t help but want to giggle.”

---

Rainbow Dash and Lyra choked back their laughter as Twilight continued to explain the vacation. “Wow Twilight, only one day and you still couldn’t catch a break.”

Twilight snorted as she continued to share the pictures. “Laugh it up. The next day she brought friends. Fortunately we finally laid ground rules so things cooled off. I did get these though.”

She held up the picture of a very tan, very naked Lero sleeping on a sandy beach. The reactions were exactly as she hoped. Oh my yes.

Author's Note:

warpd:
Thank you Minalkra for helping!

PreviousChapters Next