• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 9,966 Views, 1,184 Comments

Pages of Harmony - Shadowed Rainbow



Believing that the essence of Harmony is threatened, Twilight plans to remedy that through a form of extraction. As her ambitions manifest, Twilight struggles through an internal war between her harmonious plan and the consequences of her acts.

Comments ( 39 )

Can it be?:pinkiegasp: Is Pages of Harmony over? And it actually ended with a deceptively bittersweet-seeming note to lead into the sequel and not with Twilight being laughing-mad bonkers? Yup!:pinkiehappy:

Thanks SO much to everyone who stuck with me through this crazy ride of a fic! See you guys in the sequel!

5112282 How was that bittersweet?

5112451 As in, Twilight's actually being nice and peaceful in this chapter rather than her insane sort of persona in the last one.

Even so, still a case of The Bad Guy (or Mare in this case) Wins.:twilightoops:

I could so hug you right now! Not only do I get an update for my favorite Dark Fic, but a sequel as well. It's like Hearth's Warming came early. Thank you.

"The Great Cleansing, right?"

Well, that's not encouraging. Time to call P. A. T. H, the mercenaries, discord, anything else I can think of related to the RP. XD

5112282 question. Who will win in the sequel. Twilight or celestia? Be serious. I don't give a fuck about spoilers.

All hail Empress Sparkle! May her reign of Harmony be long and glorious!
Good to see this finally updated. Looks like the sequel is going to be fun!
5112969
Fool! Nothing short of a rag-tag team of unlikely heroes could ever hope to stand against the Empress! I mean, you haven't even included the mare from the future growing up under the Empress' rule, or the traitors who served directly under the Empress herself! XD

5114915 lol, you know looking back we probably did get a little crazy in that RP. XD. But truth will prevail. Long live the true path to harmony. For a better future for all of us.

5112969 [youtube=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo5Rhn8zuPA] okay how does the fucking youtube thing work?!

5114937
Yeah, it really did, and I agree, long live the Empress, the one true bringer of Harmony.

5114944 I am hilarious and you will qoute everything I say.


5114976 not that path to harmony. The other one that lets me keep my free will.

5115064 k. No seriously how does the youtube thing work?

Ooooh! Must read sequel! :pinkiehappy:

5150358 Yeah, she's become kinda deluded at this point. Okay, very deluded. There's a reason for that.:scootangel:

All hail to the Queen, baby!

The scariest thing about this story isn't actually anything that happens in it, at least not to me...
No, the scariest thing is that I can actually imagine something similar happening in the actual show.
As shown in Lesson Zero, she can do some nasty things when she wants to.
Here's how I imagine a potential two parter for the actual show:
Something corrupts Twilight making her want to take over Equestria in order to "save" it, and its up to her friends to save her, and as the two parter goes along, Twilight's condition gets worse and worse.

5272008
Oh please, for the love of Celestia, Luna, Faust, and whatever other god-like being we worship in this fandom, PLEASE let this be the plot for the 2017 movie.

5473235 That would actually be awesome.
Although, I have this weird feeling that Twilight turning against her friends is going to be the plot of the season 5 finale.

Haven't read this yet...
But Unikitty and I are going to take a guess...

They all die, don't they?

For anyone rooting for Twilight here, I have to ask: y'all do realize she wants to murder a good many of you? Considering her multiversal ambitions.

Amazing how Twilight Sparkle degenerates from a mad scientist to an all-out Nazi that makes Pinkamena of Cupcakes relatively stable in comparison... I am looking forward to how Princess Celestia would react to her former student, as this isn't just Lesson Zero.

6322664 Admittedly I started out just writing it as a "I'm going to see if I can write gorestuff".

The end, and the sequel that I need to update, is MUCH more plot-driven. In fact, the sequel basically can be read as a stand-alone.

Comment posted by Ivory Valor deleted Oct 17th, 2015

So 283 bronies would like to see an episode where this happens?

People keep saying that this is better than Cupcakes... I mean duh! Cupcakes was made as a trollpasta. You know, to troll people into thinking that it was going to be a happy story about Pinkie and Rainbow Dash making cupcakes. This story on the other hand was intended to be made into a huge story. You just can't compare an old (very old infact) one-shot to a full story one made years later...

The first time I listened to a reading of this story a few years back I was like.......:twilightoops::raritydespair::pinkiesick: One of the sickest stories I've come across so good work. I think?

7235747
7235806 What can I say, Ben Drowned is one of my favorite creepypastas.:twilightsmile:


7236304
7236390
7236421 Why do I love this? Why do I love this? I haven't even read Warhammer 40k but WhY dO I LoVe ThIs sO mUcH?:pinkiecrazy:


7364562 I can understand though why it would be compared, since both are gorefests.


7691453 Honestly, if I could, I'd rewrite it, and I may do a T-rated rewrite. I just feel like I could have written it a lot better.

Conscience!Twilight™ is second best pony! I mean, she is TWILIGHT, how can she not be?:raritystarry: And I love your Crazelight. Best pone as ever :rainbowkiss:

And I did like the story immensely - especially considering how satisfying it is to see someone progress as much as you did over the course of writing something - even if Fluttertorture was insanely dragged out.

By the way I... honestly, I'm a bit grossed out at myself. I read the entire story with a facial expression in between smile to plain indifferent. I'll go and sit in the corner, think about my life choices for a bit I think.

On that note, can I have an answer? At least in pm? Because I don't want to get hyped up for the sequel and get a thing that I do not want thrown into my face.

So. The Question. Will there be a Happy Ending, or a Happy Ending? If you know what I mean :trollestia:

7996190 In truth, I think the Fluttertorture part was way dragged out too—I mainly was just doing it in a "Can I write torture for each letter of the alphabet and have each one individually based around something from real life?" Essentially that's what the whole fic was, just a "Can I write gruesome torture with a steadily growing plot?" but eh. It was really started as more of a "test my own gore skills" story than anything else.

Also glad you like Conscience!Twilight, she actually became my favorite character to write as the story went on.:twilightsmile:

I'm actually planning on doing a better-written T-rated version, that will be more story-driven and less gory, and we could consider that the "official lead-in" to Empress of Harmony. I've improved a lot on my writing and story-skills since then and I know for a fact I could do a much better job.:twilightsmile:

And as for your question... I can't say the series will necessarily have a "happy" ending (once I update), but it will be an eventful one.:raritywink:

Holy fucking shit. SO GOOD

Okay, this is probably the best grimdark fic I’ve ever read. It has a real story to it, and that’s pretty impressive

9431555

It's actually going to get a T-rated revamp so it keeps the darkness, but less a focus on gore and more on story. I mainly wrote this at a time where I had thought "How far can I go with horror and how grimdark can I write?" It was really more of a test of "Hopw gruesome can I write" more than anything else until later.

Hey are you still around?

10747717
I didn't think that counted as"explanation".By explanation I meant at least some logic or decent motivation.Or at least introduce some McGuffin, such as some kind of strange artefact that corrupted her or a potion or something...

Stumbled upon this. Almost vomited from the gore. Still interested me, though, despite the nightmares. Overall, it was great and grimdark.
So, whatever happened to Spike and Sweetie Belle's corpses? What will Twilight do to them?

10801422
Pancakes so sweet and tasty

10650105
Well that’s because this story was written so the author could see how much gore she could fit into one story

Login or register to comment