• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 17,526 Views, 1,076 Comments

The Literary Appeal - HiddenBrony



Cheerilee gets an unexpected invitation from Ponyville's librarian, but her mother has other plans.

  • ...
54
 1,076
 17,526

Act III: The Appeal of Transparency

Hey there. I'm really sorry to exploit the new chapter instead of a blog post, but looking at the chapter views vs blog post views made me want to get this out for everyone still reading.

I scrapped my outline and my written chapters. I didn't like them and more importantly, I lost the voice if the characters, especially Twilight, who didn't feel like herself anymore. So I've kept the same basic... Ideas, for how to end the fic, but it's all being done over again. I especially killed off a completely inane subplot featuring Dash and Flutters that was there because they was the only ones we hadn't really seen yet, but otherwise it went nowhere. Also, I didn't really laugh much.

Usually when I update the story, it still trends in the feature box, so I'm trying not to hurt anyone by updating in the middle of the night.

As for why it's taken me so long to get back you guys... I got sick. Very, very sick. That's all I'm willing to share but I'm doing much better now and I'm almost 100% again, which is exciting.

Also I have a new member of my family, and she's the cutest little puppy. Also she goes to the bathroom everywhere. It's... A process.

New chapter... When I can. My work schedule has changed dramatically so I have more time off.

Author's Note:

I'm so very sorry it's taking so long.

Comments ( 11 )

Glad to hear that you’re feeling better and that you have a puppy! Those are the best... when you’re not cleaning up after them, at least.

Take all the time you need. We'll be here.

S'all good. Take your time. Story's not over 'til you say it's over.

You have no reason to apologize, the fact you are willing to share your talent with us makes it our privilege to see you end the story at your own pace... So thank you for your hard work

Resyncs happen, especially when you care enough about staying true to characterization.

9745504
What do mean it’s being all done over again? Are you discontinuing this story and rewriting it as a new story or are you going back and rewriting all the other chapters already here?

9874129
I had written and "finished" about 4 and a half chapters of TLA and have been trying to rework them to my standards for over a month. So those future chapters are scrapped now, because they weren't up to the quality I wanted and I felt trapped. I'm restarting my work on the chapters that follow the last posted one, so the rest of the story is safe.

9875402
Ohhh ok I understand now. Well I can’t wait to read the upcoming chapters

Well im definitely glad to hear you are doing better.
Take your time and do what you think needs to be done to make it right.
Ill still be here waiting.

The ride never ends.

Just take your time lad, no matter how long it took we'll wait for it! :D

Login or register to comment