• Published 14th Jun 2018
  • 6,111 Views, 473 Comments

Sunset Shimmer The Pony of Earth - luckyboys121



Now that Sunset Shimmer is able to be a pony whenever she wants she is excited to start her new life with her friends by her side. Now though she has to deal with how others will react and learn just how poorly she has thought this life choice out

  • ...
19
 473
 6,111

Bright Ends and Cold Nights

As everyone finished cleaning up after this little magical mishap, Rainbow Dash wiped sweat from her brow as she said, "Finally, it feels it's been months since we started cleaning."

"Um, it only took five minutes," said Applejack as she looked over at her friend flatly.

"Yeah well... it felt like longer," muttered Dash eliciting a giggle from those collected in the room.

Those giggles where interrupted though as they soon heard what sounded like someones phone going off. After checking their pockets, and saddle bag in the case of Sunset, the girls seemed stumped before a look of realization came to Bright's face as she pulled the glowing communication stone to her ear saying, "Hello," before a huge smile graced her face as she said, "I'll be right there!" She then prepared to dart out of the room before noticing the expectant looks from everyone, but namely one pink girl as she said, "Oh um, PInkie can we talk alone in the halls."

"Oh, sure Bright Baby," said Pinkie somewhat reluctantly as she followed her into the hall and a good distance away from the room.

Once they left the room an awkward silence threatened to take over as everyone was forming their own ideas and worries about what could be going on. That silence was broken though as Rainbow Dash said, "Is it just me or did it look like she was talking into a rock?"

Applebloom quickly spoke in defense as she said, "Oh um... that's just a phone case we made her for a Doppio costume we're working on."

This seemed to satisfy everyone in the room, apart from Sunset who simply decided to make a mental note on this and move on.


Out in the hall

"So um that call was-" began Bright.

"From Twilight, she told you that the cure is finished and you can come over and take it now," said Pinkie.

"Ye-yeah," said Bright scratching her heard nervously.

"So... do you want to take it?" asked Pinkie with a slight spark of hope in her eyes.

That spark faded as Bright said, "Well... yeah." Bright noticed this as she shied saying, "Look Pinkie, I'll admit I enjoyed getting to know you like this and if this had happened in any way then maybe."

Pinkie raised her hand to stop Bright before looking back up as she said, "I get it, you love Twilight."

"Well," said Bright embarrassed as between this awkward change and just not dating her for very long, she had yet to say the L-word to Twilight... but that didn't stop her from feeling it as she sighed saying, "Yeah, I do."

"And how do you feel about me?" asked Pinkie.

Bright paused for a moment before saying, "Well like I said I like hanging out with you like this but..."

"You don't feel the same way you feel for Twilight for me," finished Pinkie.

"Yeah.... how do you feel about me?" asked Bright.

"Well... I don't know exactly... close like you said but... this pretending to date thing is the closest I've come to ever actually being with someone so I don't know if it's love or just a crush or what," said Pinkie.

"Well if you don't know Pinkie then it's not love," said Bright. "I first started falling for Twilight the second I saw her, and since then I couldn't get her out of my head. Everything about her just makes my heart go crazy, and now that I've actually gotten to know her that feelings only grown stronger, to the point where I feel like if you mixed the two up I could tell the difference between her and our worlds Twilight in seconds."

"Oh... well I'm happy for you... and I hope I can find that with someone some day," said Pinkie as she glanced down at her shoes sadly.

She soon found herself wrapped in a hug from Bright who simply said, "You will," before running down the hall towards the portal.


Later that night

As Sunset suddenly woke up she noticed two things, firstly she felt like she was freezing, secondly and more concerning she heard a groaning noise from down stairs. Wearily she walked down and was greeted to the sight of Aria groaning as she tossed and turned on the couch as Sonata stroked her hair trying to comfort her.

Sunset carefully approached whispering, "What's going on?"

Sonata turned to her, never taking hand from the distressed Aria as she said, "Sometimes she gets night terrors on cold nights like this."

"Oh... sorry, the heater has been on the fritz lately, I guess it finally gave out," said Sunset as she worriedly approached the pair.

"It's OK... I just wish there was more I could do for her," said Sonata as she looked down at her basically sister hating the pained look on her face.

"Well.. is there anything I can do for her?" asked Sunset.

Sonata thought on this for a moment before moving over to the table to grab a pen and paper, she briefly stopped as Aria seemed to start groaning and thrashing worse once Sonata took her hand away, but she pressed on and quickly wrote something down before moving the paper over to Sunset saying, "You could sing this to her... I would but I don't want your Geode to go all weird again."

Sunset nodded at that before picking up the paper in her magic field and beginning.

As Sunset continued she saw Aria begin to relax as her limbs laid down and her breathing became more slow and relaxed. Once she finished singing the two of briefly took in the sight of the now smiling and peaceful Aria before Sonata spoke up with tears in her eye and a smile on her face saying, "Adagio wrote that to calm her down... it works every time."

"She really is like a mom to both of you isn't she?" asked Sunset as she briefly thought about the memories she saw.

"Yeah... I wonder what she's doing right now," asked Sonata in thought.


Meanwhile in Tartarus.

As Adagio sat in her cage she sighed and stretched fins saying, "Well if there's one thing good in this mountain of bad things it's that I'm technically back in Equestria and have my old body back."

"That's right, always look on the bright side," said an annoyingly chipper voice to her right.

Adagio groaned as she said, "Speaking of the mountain of bad things."

The little Pegasus didn't seem to hear her or just didn't care about this comment as she smiled saying, "Speaking of the bright side, you want to try one of my cupcakes?"

"For the last time NO COZY! I do not want a cupcake!" said Adagio in anger.

This only caused a nearby centaur to sigh as he said, "Just go ahead and take one anyway, you know she's just going to keep offering until you do... besides, the're surprisingly good for just being smashed together from our rations."

"That's fine for you, but I am NEVER accepting anything from ponies... not after all they've taken from me," said Adagio as her rage melted to sadness and she laid down and closed her eyes thinking, "Taking away our happiness is one thing, but taking Aria and Sonata away from me and doing who knows what with them..." her anger soon returned at that thought though as she continued thinking, "Whatever it takes I am getting them back and crushing Sunset and her friends!"

Her anger was soon interrupted though as she heard a familiar dark voice say, "My my, a thousand years later and you're still the same."

She opened her eyes at that voice as she turned to the others saying, "WHICH ONE OF YOU SAID THAT!?"

This only elicited looks of surprise from Tirek and Cozy as they seemed to have no idea what she was talking about. "Oh dearest me, please tell me you haven't forgotten me after I gifted you with your powers," said a voice that Adagio now realized wasn't coming from around her... it was coming inside her head.

On instinct she closed her eyes and was greeted to the visage of the one she saw all the years ago as she said, "Of course I haven't forgotten you, you Darkness chump."

"Ah, it's nice to hear that spark of defiance again... even if it's to the only one who can help you out of this predicament," said the Darkness as he looked down on her.

Meanwhile a concerned Cozy Glow looked at her saying, "Who are you talking to you Ms. Adagio?"

Tirek simply groaned as he said, "Only a few weeks in here and already talking to herself, I hate to see what she'll be like after a few hundred years."

Adagio didn't hear this though as she said, "How exactly can you get me out of here?"

"Well, as you might have guessed by the fact that I am not ruling this world, the host I choose didn't really work out," said the Darkness.

Adagio chuckled at this saying, "I kind of figured when that pony princess showed up, not exactly somepony you'd want around. So where are you anyway?"

"Sadly due to my intense power they couldn't simple throw me in a cage like you, so instead they banished me to another world," said the Darkness.

This once again resulted in a chuckle from Adagio as she said, "Been there, done that."

"Yes I can see, I'm currently looking through your memories and they are very... interesting, especially this world without magic so... vulnerable. Unfortunately I was sent to Limbo, a world beyond time and space where nothing other then me exists," said the Darkness.

"Sounds like quite the predicament, so how are you going to save me if you can't even save yourself?" asked Adagio smugly.

This seemed to agitate the Darkness as he said, "Actually I was thinking of a way to save us both, for you see I am connected to you by the gem stone I gave you... or at least what's left of it, and through that connection I could instantly be brought to you and rip both your cage and this Sunset Shimmer apart in an instant... if you agree to be my new host that is."

Adagio opened her mouth to refuse... only to remember the last time she said no to this and everything that happened since then. Through gritted teeth she said, "Fine, but don't take me for a fool. I know you're only going to take out Sunset and her friends just because it's convenient for you, then you're going to do whatever it is that you're talking about in these emo speeches."

The Darkness briefly chuckled as he said, "Defiant to the end, but if you know my true intentions then why agree?"

"Because at this point I don't care about myself... I just want Aria and Sonata to be safe... promise me that much and you can use me for whatever you want," said Adagio as she looked towards the Darkness without a hint of fear on her face showing that she meant every word she said.

Once again the Darkness chuckled as he said, "Very well then, let it begin."

Upon hearing this Adagio felt intense pain as she opened her eyes and looked down to see the shards of her gemstone push themselves across her chest and form into one stone that began to shine pitch black. The pain soon began to subside as the Darkness said, "It will take some time for me to fully envelope you, I hope you don't mind waiting."

"Oh don't worry, I've waited for this for a while," said Adagio as she grinned, already beginning to feel this new power flow into her veins.

Author's Note:

Well then, looks like Adagio is preparing to come back... the question is though will it be Adagio or something rather... darker? Find out all this and more next chapter, whenever that may be.

Sorry for how long this took and I hope it was worth it. I took a break from this to work on other stuff thinking "I'll finish them then come back to this" and... I just never really finished any of the other stuff and I realized that simply put I can come up with a lot of ideas I want to write and even start writing most of them but finishing them is... challenging. So I'm going to try and get this story as well as some of my others to at least season finales where I can walk away from them without feeling bad that there are story arcs up in the air. I hope you all enjoy it.

Also thank you to MathematicPony for making that beautiful cover of Time Adventure and I urge you to check them out on YouTube.

Anyway thanks for reading, hope you liked it, have a great day.

Comments ( 20 )

As everyone finished cleaning up after this little magical mishap, Rainbow Dash wiped sweat from her brow as she said, "Finally, it feels it's been months since we started cleaning."

:rainbowlaugh:

That silence was broken though as Rainbow Dash said, "Is it just me or did it look like she was talking into a rock?"

"From Twilight, she told you that the cure is finished and you can come over and take it now," said Pinkie.

Once she finished singing,(—— the two of them briefly took in the sight of the now smiling and peaceful Aria before Sonata spoke up with tears in her eye and a smile on her face saying,

greeted to the visage of the one she saw all those years ago as she said,

"Yes I can see, I'm currently looking through your memories and they are very... interesting, especially this world without magic so... vulnerable. Unfortunately I was sent to Limbo, a world beyond time and space where nothing other then me exists," said the Darkness.

So pony of shadows then?

Sorry for how long this took and I hope it was worth it.

I always wonder if there is a reason people trust mysterious disembodied voices to keep their word.

Ut-oh... One Siren of Shadows coming up.

The little Pegasus didn't seem to hear her or just didn't care about this comment as she smiled saying, "Speaking of the bright side, you want to try one of my cupcakes?"

Cozy: "you can definitely taste the granite" her teeth bleed as she offers the makeshift cupcake

I'm oddly reminded of Merlin from shrek

"Ah, it's nice to hear that spark of defiance again... even if it's to the only one who can help you out of this predicament," said the Darkness as he looked down on her.

Is this grogar?

"Yes I can see, I'm currently looking through your memories and they are very... interesting, especially this world without magic so... vulnerable. Unfortunately I was sent to Limbo, a world beyond time and space where nothing other then me exists," said the Darkness.

Oh now I remember

Hurray the story lives again!!!

hurray for updates!!

You're a horse, Sunset

Nice to see this updating again

nice work:twilightsmile:

Welp... Shit.

Happy to see you are alive and kicking!

Great chapter, god be with you and be safe!

I just discovered this and its companion story and I absolutely love them. I really hope you are able to comeback to this one day. I understand the constraints that life can do to one. Again I really enjoyed these stories!

Comment posted by JustABrony221 deleted Aug 20th, 2021

Just finished rereading this brilliant work. I binge read it over the course of a few hours lol. :twilightsmile:

11297422
terribly tragic legend

Quite an enjoyable read mate!
I especially loved the way you portrayed Aria and Sonata's growing friendship with Sunset, and poor Flash just couldn't catch a break :twilightsheepish:

I'm really enjoying this a lot :) Keep up the Good Work and I really hope to see more chapters in the future.

Login or register to comment