• Published 14th Jun 2018
  • 6,130 Views, 473 Comments

Sunset Shimmer The Pony of Earth - luckyboys121



Now that Sunset Shimmer is able to be a pony whenever she wants she is excited to start her new life with her friends by her side. Now though she has to deal with how others will react and learn just how poorly she has thought this life choice out

  • ...
19
 473
 6,130

Awkward Fitting and Sleepy Rampage

Just before dawn, Flash Sentry, a.k.a. Bright Lights, was reluctantly entering Carousel Boutique and was greeted by the CMC.

"Thanks for coming so early Flash," said Apple Bloom with a warm welcoming smile.

She however, blushed at this statement as she said, "Not like I had much of a choice, anyway shouldn't you call me Bright? I mean Rarity is in the other room isn't she?"

Sweetie Belle then shook her hand dismissively as she said. "Pffftthh, don't worry about her. She's taking measurements for a wedding dress in back and when she's in the zone like this nothing will take her out of it."

Scootaloo chuckled as she said, "No kidding, one time me and Rainbow Dash were seeing if she could use her wings to lift me and my scooter up for a trick." She then paused as she got slightly embarrassed and said, "And well, I guess I was a little heavier than Dash thought because she accidentally lost her grip and I went flying right through the window here and knocked over some mannequins."

"Wow," said Flash surprised at all this before she continued saying, "You weren't hurt were you?"

"No, and pretty soon Rainbow slipped in to get me and we started sneaking out," said Scootaloo. She then paused before saying, "The thing is though, and we didn't notice this until we were almost out, Rarity was in the room THE ENTIRE TIME, just hemming a dress and she didn't notice any of this." She then chuckled before saying, "We were actually so fascinated by it that Rainbow ran over and got us popcorn and we just sat there and waited to see how long it would take for her to notice."

"Wait, but wouldn't that mean you'd be guaranteed to get caught?" said Flash as began chuckling too.

"Yeah, we ended up having to clean up everything and paying her back for the window, but in the end we would have done that anyway since it was the right thing to do and all," said Scootaloo.

"Dang," said Flash as she thought for a moment and said, "How long did it take?"

Scootaloo chuckled and said, "About a hour."

"Seriously," said Flash before laughing as well. Suddenly though she realized that this new information might be able to get her out of this situation as she said, "If that's the case then maybe I should go. I mean if she's in the zone I wouldn't want to have to wait too long and miss school."

Sweetie Belle then spoke up as she looked at her watch, "Oh don't worry about that. She has a scheduled break coming up innnnnn, now."

As if on queue Rarity walked in from the back room as she said, "Alright darling, that's enough for today. Feel free to get dressed and head out whenever you're ready."

"Did she just say get dressed?!" asked Flash with newfound embarrassment.

"Thanks for doing this for us Rarity," said Sweetie Belle smiling at her sister, and apparently ignoring Flash's concern.

But that didn't stop Flash from voicing her concerns as she said, "Yeah it's great and all, but what's this about having to GET UNDRESSED FOR FITTINGS!?"

"Oh it's not problem at all dearies," said Rarity before putting on her red rimmed glasses and grabbing her measuring tape as she said, "Alright Bright, let's get this started. We wouldn't want to be late for school now would we."

"No we would not, but you still haven't addressed my concerns about UNDRESSING FOR FITTINGS!" said Flash exasperated that no one seemed to be listening to her.

"Oh don't worry darling, you don't have to if you do not want to," said Rarity.

"Really?" said Flash with both relief and confusion on her face.

"But of course, while it is recommended that one take their measurements in their underwear to ensure a proper fit, it is only truly necessary to do so with something like the young lady in backs wedding dress that needs to fit flawlessly," said Rarity.

"Oh good," said Flash totally relieved as she stepped on Rarity's podium now ready to get this over with.

Rarity on the other hand looked deep in thought as she circled around Flash and said, "Although."

Instantly Flash's embarrassment came back as she blushed and said, "Although what?"

"Well, I do always try and get those kinds of measurements done on my friends so that I can have their measurements on file to make them the most perfect outfits for each occasion," said Rarity. She then looked at Flash as she said, "If you wouldn't mind I would like to get those measurements now if possible to not only make this costume for the girls show fit perfectly, but also make you a new everyday outfit."

"What's wrong with my current outfit?" said Flash.

Rarity looked somewhat nervous as she said, "Oh nothing darling, it's just... while yes the orange skirt does accent your skin tone and the blue shirt goes relatively well with your hair the overall ensemble just seems too bright."

"Excuse me," said Flash as her embarrassment melted into confusion at that statement.

Rarity then raised her hands defensively as she said, "Firstly that pun was unintentional, secondly I didn't mean that the looks was too smart for you or anything like that. I just mean that this combination of colors is very noticeable and given your personality I wouldn't think it would fit you."

"Oh," said Flash, "Well if I'm being honest, yes these aren't my usual clothes."

"I kind of figured," said Rarity before she chuckled slightly and said, "I mean such a colorful combination, it almost looks like you got it from the back of Pinkie Pie's closet or something."

Flash chuckled nervously over the fact that Rarity had actually guessed where she got the clothes from correctly before saying, "Well, I'm flattered that you would want to make outfits more fitting to my personality." She then paused as the blush returned her face and she said, "I'm not sure if I want to take those kinds of measurements today."

"Oh that's fine darling," began Rarity before she glanced down and said, "But I just realized something."

"What?" said Flash.

"Well, if you are shy about this kind of stuff then you really should have worn pants, because measuring ones inseam while they are wearing a skirt can be rather... awkward," said Rarity.

Flash blushed at the news that no matter how this goes down, she was in for some awkwardness and embarrassing. She weighed her options a bit before hopping down from the podium and sighing as she said, "Whelp, go big or go home I guess. Alright Rarity, lead the way for the more detailed measurements."

Rarity smiled as she began walking to one of the private rooms and said, "Wonderful, trust me you will not regret it as once you've had clothes that fit this well, you won't want to wear anything else."

"Great," said Flash as she smiled and tried to ignore her increasing blush. As they continued walking Flash thought to herself, "This can not get any worse."

That thought was proven wrong though as Rarity leaned over and whispered in her ear saying, "As long as you are 'going big' there are a few more measurements I could take to just get it over with now if you don't mind."

As Flash began kicking herself for tempting the universe with such a thought, she whispered, "And what would that be?"

"Well, while measuring a client in their underwear is the best way to make properly fitted outerwear... to make things like swim wear that one wouldn't have anything on underneath you would need to-" said Rarity as even she began blushing, despite probably having to do stuff like that for several clients before.

She was interrupted by Flash though as her face turned completely red and she yelled out, "I DIDN'T MEAN GOING THAT BIG!"

Meanwhile back at Sunset's apartment.

Sunset was fighting harder than ever as if she won this she would finally best Sonata. They where both down to their last characters, Sunset on Vegeta and Sonata on Buu, and the match was very close with either one able to take out the other with one big hit. She watched as Buu fired a candy beam and she had Vegeta dodge just in time to do his ultimate move, and she was greeted with the most beautiful sight she had seen that night

"YES I DID IT! I FINALLY BESTED SONATAROT!" said Sunset while standing up triumphantly.

Aria, who had gone to sleep around round 60 and was now wide awake making breakfast, chuckled as Sunset had failed to notice that Sonata dozed off and had been pushing the buttons in her sleep for roughly an hour or so.

All the energy from her victory soon went away though as Sunset flopped onto couch and said, "Now to get a well deserved nap." Sunset then curled up and closed her eyes, for about three seconds before her alarm went off and she said, "Whelp, time for school."

As she got up she got down on all fours and began crawling over to her desk as Aria said, "Um, Sunset?"

Sunset then looked down at herself, accentuating the bags under her eyes, as she said, "Whoops, forgot about pony time." She then transformed into her pony form and continued to her desk before grabbing her backpack and trying to put it on back hooves first, only to fail of course. She then shrugged and unzipped part of the backpack before slipping it over her horn and saying, "I'm just gonna put this on my head."

At that Aria's concern for Sunset increased as she said, "Um, are you sure you're up for school today?"

"Of course Princessable Celestwiluna vice, I can make it to the Canterlot White Castle. I am Bat-Mare after all," said Sunset as she began wobbling to the door.

"Wait, what?" said Aria.

"See you later This Day Aria, those Cheerios won't eat themselves," said Sunset before tripping over herself and falling on the floor.

Aria instantly ran over and picked her friend up in concern as she said, "OK Sunset, I have no idea what you're trying to say but if it's coming out like this then you need to take a mental health day."

Sunset then looked up at Aria as she said, "But what about the Justice Stable attendance record?"

Aria paused at that statement before saying, "If you're trying to say you don't have an absence note from school don't worry. If you live for over a thousand years relying on your wits, and some magic, you learn how to forge a signature. What's your moms name... or whatever name you put as your legal guardian when you enrolled at Canterlot High?"

"Peanut Butter," said Sunset.

"Riiiigggghhhttt... you just get some rest and I'll ask you again later," said Aria.

"OK," said Sunset before curling up on Aria's lap like a cat and saying, "Thanks Emo Starlight."

Aria was taken aback by this nick name before she saw how content Sunset looked while she was sleeping and she simply smiled saying, "You're welcome Bacon Twilight."

As she began rubbing Sunset's hair she thought to herself, "Hm, with how long she's been awake I figured she'd be manic tired."

She regretted that though as Sunset soon burst back off her lap and yelled, "THIS IS FOR YOU KING GHIDORAH!" before she tried to jump over the table and fell flat on her face.

"Looks like this might be a long day," said Aria as she face palmed while watching Sunset try to wriggle off the table.

Author's Note:

Whelp Aria and Flash have now learned what happens when you tempt fate. Will sleepy Sunset wreck the apartment? Will Flash get through the fitting, and if so what will come after? Will the blushing bride in the next room (who I think you all realize is Cadance) come into play? Find out all this and more next chapter whenever that maybe.

OK firstly I am not a seamstress by any means and have no idea if such measurements are taken, even in regards to custom swimwear or undergarments, as it was just a joke that even if it was false I would still want to make it anyway so think of it what you well. Also I realize that some of the stuff in this chapter might push the boundary of an E fic (even though I have seen E fics go further on here) I do plan on keeping it E though so don't worry about the jokes with Bright Lights going too far.

Secondly as many of you may have noticed some of Sleepy Sunset's blabber came from some Game Grumps episodes (as I just binge watched some of their stuff today) so I'd like to thank them for inspiring that and hope I can slip a few more of their bits of humor in Sunset's rampage.

Thirdly, I realize that this is rather silly, even by my standards, but I figured since I take a break from comedy to do more serious stuff from time to time I figured that I could take a break from serious to be a bit more of goofy, but don't worry I'm still not gonna let this less go to full on crack fic.

Finally, as always, thanks for reading, hope you liked it, and any constructive criticism is welcome. Have a great day.