• Published 14th Jun 2018
  • 6,110 Views, 473 Comments

Sunset Shimmer The Pony of Earth - luckyboys121



Now that Sunset Shimmer is able to be a pony whenever she wants she is excited to start her new life with her friends by her side. Now though she has to deal with how others will react and learn just how poorly she has thought this life choice out

  • ...
19
 473
 6,110

Time For Class

Sunset and Rainbow continued to walk through the hallway together and Sunset was feeling on top of the world. After all the hardships she faced on the street she was now not only being accepted by her classmates as a pony but her old boyfriend even tried to hit on her, granted she knew he was just trying to get over Princess Twilight and deep down even he knew they shouldn't get back together but that was a conversation for another day. Just as she was pondering all of this the bell signifying that class was about to start rang.

"Wuhh.... time for class already. It feels like we just got here," said Sunset Shimmer.

"Yeah well..... in all honesty since most of the time we are dealing with some sort of magic or social problem so often. I kind of forget this place is a school," said Rainbow Dash.

"Haha, seriously Rainbow?" said Sunset as she smiled and looked over at her friend.

"Well yeah!" said Rainbow as she threw her arms up, "I mean you can't expect me to remember I was just in some boring calculus class when I hear that some magical creature from another dimension is going to conquer the Earth!"

"Hmm I guess that makes sense. I'm just more used to it considering that I actually used to study creatures like that in Celestia's school. So I would go from the "boring,"" she said while raising her two front hooves in the air to make air quotes, "calculus class to a class on magic history that talks about creatures like the sirens, or Tirek all the time," said Sunset.

"Wait Tirek? The guy from that video game you like? I thought Equestria didn't have that kind of stuff," said Rainbow.

"Yeah.... that's abit of a long story... let's just say multiverse theory is weird for now and leave it at that.. we don't want to be late for class," said Sunset.

"Fine," said Rainbow as she drooped down bummed out over the fact that they had to change the subject from cool magic stuff to school again, "Let's go."

They both continued walking until they reached the door to their class and headed in. They both took their seats and saw that Ms. Cheerilee had her back turned to the students as she was writing today's lesson on the blackboard. "Good morning class now today we are going to be learning about the periodic table," said Cheerilee before turning towards the class and saying, "Now before we begin does anyone have any questiooonsss?" she trailed off as soon as she saw Sunset.

She stood there mouth agape in shock for a few seconds before recomposing herself with her trademark trying to keep it together smile and said, "Well if no one else has any questions I think I have a few. Sunset Shimmer why are you a pony today?"

Sunset then blushed somewhat as every member of her class turned to her with anticipated looks on there faces as they all wanted to know that as well but didn't want to ask. "Well basically I was missing how I used to be a pony and so my magic pendant here," she gestured to it with her hoof, "felt my desire and turned me into a pony again," said Sunset as she fidgeted in her desk beginning to feel nervous again.

Cheerilee still having the smile on her face looked over to Sunset and said, "I see. Well I'm glad you're happy with your new self image but... I need to be sure that this will not interrupt class."

Sunset instantly became relieved at hearing that this was an issue of the school work and not anything else, "Oh don't worry Ms. Cheerilee. I have plenty of school supplies from Equestria so I should be able to take notes and stuff just fine, as well as a couple other things. I'm pretty sure I've got everything taken care of," said Sunset with a hopeful smile on her face.

That smile was soon replaced with a look of fear though as Cheerilee approached her desk and her "keeping it together smile" suddenly contorted into a "holding back anger smile" as she said, "That's good to hear because yesterday I had to stay late after school to help clean up after the Canterlot Movie Club attempted to imitate something they saw in some animated Japanese movie they saw and somehow hurled some short of giant boomerang through not only my classroom's window but the windows of three classrooms next time to mine and even more logic defying two from the classrooms across the hall, and when I asked them what they were thinking they babbled something about training to rescue there brother from a demon and ran off. So as you can imagine I am in no mood for anymore problems today," she then locked eyes with Sunset as an icy chill ran down Sunset's spine, "Do I make myself clear?"

Sunset was so scared by these words that she suddenly felt like a little filly who had been caught trying to steal cookies from the royal baker again and without even thinking about it said the first thing that came to mind, "Yes princess," and then did a quick bow at her desk.

Cheerilee's eye slightly twitched at seeing such a response from Sunset but since it was one of respect and understanding she decided not to say anything and smiled saying, "Good." She then moved back to her desk and said, "Now class please take out your pencils and notebooks and start righting this down... now H Hydrogen, He Helium, Li Lith."

She was suddenly interrupted as one student said, "Woah. Cool how are you doing that Sunset?"

Cheerilee looked up to see that the horn on Sunset's head was now glowing a red color and her pencil was not only glowing the same color but floating in mid air. "Oh this," said Sunset moving the pencil higher up so everyone can see while she explained, "It's just a simple levitation spell. Since ponies don't have hands we have to find other ways to do things such as this."

Cheerilee's eye twitched again as she saw her students gawking at Sunset's abilities and she attempted to regain control of the class by saying, "Alright class I know this is interesting but."

Once again she was interrupted as another student spoke up saying, "What's that weird metal pencil you're using?"

Sunset once again moved the pencil into the air saying, "Oh it's nothing. This is just made of a special metal that channels magic really well so it's easy to pick up. Princess Twilight thought I might be a little rusty with my magic so she got me a bunch of beginners magic supplies like this," she said as a slight blush crossed her face as technically all of her school supplies were something you would see in a magic kindergarten rather then at a high school like the one she was in, but that bit of embarrassment quickly washed away as she once again herd to oohs and aahs of her fellow classmates.

Cheerilee's eyes twitched once more as she realized that she wasn't getting control of her students anytime soon so she decided to take the most sensible course of action and said, "Well it looks like Sunset's new state is more distracting then she or I thought," Sunset then had the nervous look return to her face as she was expecting Cheerilee to get mad but instead she continued saying, "However this is not Sunset's fault and it is of course only natural that you would all be curious about these new events... I am going to the teacher's lounge to get some coffee for a few minutes. Feel free to ask Sunset all the questions you have until I get back." She then walked away holding her smile on her face until she got out of the door. She then slumped over tired as she heard all of the students clamoring to be the first to ask their questions. She began walking to the lounge saying, "I swear to god it's one thing after another with these students."

What she failed to notice though was that standing next to the lockers by her class was a girl with puffy orange and yellow hair and wearing a mostly purple outfit that seemed to scream "look at me adore me" who then began walking out of the school with a sinister smile on her face saying, "So Sunset's got a magical pendant that can grant ones desires aye. Well that's good," she said glancing down at the black necklace around her neck with nothing on it but a broken hook and small bit of a red stone on it as a look of anger came to her face, "That's good because she owes me a new one." Her sinister smile once again returned to her face as she exited the school and walked towards two more girls eager to tell them the plan she was forming.

Author's Note:

Well well well it looks like Sunset is in for more trouble then just some bad reactions on the street. The question is will she have to face it soon or will her enemies (I know you all know who they all but I gotta act like you don't in the description since I did in the story) take some time to plan things out? Find out next chapter whenever that may be. Also once again while this is overall a comedy story as previously said I am going to to get serious from time to time to stop it from getting into random weirdness.

Also congrats to anyone who can guess the anime the CMC where watching. There is no reward to the first person to guess it or anything, other than the fact that you have seen an awesome anime.

Anyway thanks for reading, hope you liked it, have a good day and any constructive criticism is welcome