• Published 14th Jun 2018
  • 6,103 Views, 473 Comments

Sunset Shimmer The Pony of Earth - luckyboys121



Now that Sunset Shimmer is able to be a pony whenever she wants she is excited to start her new life with her friends by her side. Now though she has to deal with how others will react and learn just how poorly she has thought this life choice out

  • ...
19
 473
 6,103

Animal Lovers and Unwanted Attention

The rest of Sunset's classes passed by pretty uneventfully, at least compared to her first class, but she was glad for that as she used the time to mentally prepare herself for the club meeting she was on her way to. As she kept telling herself "It's fine, It's gonna be fine" over and over in her head as she struggled to believe it.

Rainbow Dash saw the distress on her friends face and said, "Come on Sunset it won't be that bad. I mean they're the Animal Lovers club so not only are they not gonna freak out at seeing you they are going to LOVE how you look, it's literally in their name."

"I know... but I'm just feeling a little weird about going into a room just to have people pet me and fawn over me like some kind of pampered poodle," said Sunset as she put extra emphasis on the last two words.

"I guess I understand that... it would be kind of weird to be treated like that but Fluttershy said all you had to do was tell her your uncomfortable and they'd stop whatever they were doing," said Rainbow as she smiled at Sunset trying to reassure her.

"Yeah... but you saw how I crumbled when Fluttershy asked me to come to this meeting and you know how happy this is going to make her. I'm not sure if I'm gonna have the heart to tell her or any of her club friends to stop and besides..." said Sunset as she trailed off and looked down at the ground embarrassed before finishing.

"Besides what?" said Rainbow looking at her friend confused.

"Well it's just," Sunset began saying as a blush overtook her face, "When Fluttershy was petting me in my apartment it did actually feel kind of nice before I noticed the whole leg kicking thing happened and I am just scared that I will enjoy the petting to much and not notice that I am kicking my leg, or twitching my ear, or any other embarrassing thing." Sunset then looked at Rainbow Dash for comfort only to see that she had a grin on her face and was stifling laughter. Sunset then sarcastically said, "I'm glad you understand how serious my problem is."

Rainbow Dash then gave up and let out a quick laugh saying, "BAHAHAHA, I'M SORRY BUT BAHAHAHA!" She then placed her hand on her knees and as she laughed and took a few deep breaths trying to compose herself before saying, "Hahahahe, sorry Sunset it's just the idea of you kicking your leg or something again is just hilarious....No offense."

Sunset simply shied and said, "None taken... I thought I was done saying that."

Rainbow Dash finally finished composing herself and stood up straight as she said, "Seriously though Sunset I'll be there to stop any embarrassing thing you don't notice and besides again they are the ANIMAL LOVERS CLUB! I doubt any of them are going to laugh at any weird thing you do while getting petted."

Sunset then flatly looked at her and said, "Great now all I have to worry about is you laughing and being to distracted to help me."

"Oh come on Sunset like I'm gonna uncontrollably laugh to the point where I don't help you," said Rainbow as she looked at Sunset and saw she still had the flat look on her face and remembered how she got caught up laughing on the street earlier that day, "OK I at least promise to do my best not to laugh this time."

Still maintaining the flat look on her face Sunset looked at her and said, "Pinkie Promise."

After a moment of reluctance Rainbow Dash said, "Fine. Cross my heart and hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye."

It was only then that Sunset let her face relax and had a slight smile as she said, "Thanks. Seriously though Rainbow it means a lot to me that you're staying after school to help me here to."

Just as they both arrived in front of the door to the club Rainbow Dash said, "No problem. I've already helped you out all day today and this is just like another hour or so. I don't see how this can be any worse."

Just as she said this though the door to the club opened in front of them as a familiar face completely looked past Sunset towards Rainbow Dash as he said, "Hey Rainbows. You know you didn't have to come to this rinkeydink club meeting if you wanted to spend time with me."

Rainbow Dash sighed as she and Sunset walked into the club room and she begrudgingly said, "Hey Zephyr. I wouldn't expect you to be in the animal lovers club."

"Oh I'm not. You see it's a terrible terrible thing. My fungshway club was disbanded by Principal Celestia. Apparently it was too forward thinking and free spirited for her little in the box school activities list," said Zephyr Breeze as Fluttershy noticed that they had entered the club and walked over to them.

"Oh Rainbow Dash can I talk to you for a minute," said Fluttershy as she grabbed Rainbow Dash's hand and led her to the side before she started quietly saying, "I don't know what kind of lie Zephyr told you but the reason he is here is because no one wanted to join his club and I didn't think he should be alone. Can you do me a favor and spend some time with him while me and the other club members work with Sunset?"

"WHAT YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS-" Rainbow started saying before she looked over at Zephyr and saw that his fake confidence had melted away to a very depressed look for a few seconds and she said, "UHHH FINE. What is it with your family and doing those faces to get what you want."

Fluttershy simply smiled as she made her way over to Sunset and Rainbow begrudgingly walked over to Zephyr.

Fluttershy stood in front of Sunset and said, "Alright the club is ready for you. Follow me over to the grooming table where everyone else is waiting if you don't mind."

Sunset feigned a smile and said, "Yeah no problem." Meanwhile she was internally freaking out as now her buffer zone, Rainbow Dash, was setting on the sidelines and reading the latest Daring Do while pretending to listen to whatever the hay Zephyr was talking about. In her head she said to herself, "There is no way anyone is having a worse time right now."

Meanwhile though next to Sunset Shimmer's apartment three girls where crouching in alley waiting for her to show.

"Adaaagggio. I'm cold and hungry," said Sonata as she wined over there situation.

"We're always cold and hungry now that we don't have our powers to help us out," said Aria, annoyed as always.

"Will you two idiots shut up already and just sit quietly. Sunset could walk by any minute." said Adagio as her angry eyes remained fixed on the side walk in front of them.

"But it's been like twenty minutes.... are you sure she didn't join a club or anything?" said Sonata looking at Adagio.

"Yeah as much as I hate to admit it it seems like Sonata might have actually been right here," said Aria as she also turned her gaze to Adagio.

Adagio briefly turned her gaze from the sidewalk and glanced at her two partners saying, "Look I know we have had some bad luck since the Rainbooms beat us but I mean come on. What are the odds that she joins a club on the exact same day we plan to ambush her," she then turned her gaze back to the sidewalk as she said, "Trust me she is going to walk by here any minute."

The other two sirens sighed and turned their gaze to the sidewalk as well as they continued waiting for their prey to show up.

Author's Note:

Well it looks like Sunset isn't the only one suffering now. While she is scared at the potential embarrassment she is about to face, Rainbow Dash has to keep Zephyr Breeze buisy, and the Dazzlings are out in the cold waiting for her. Who of these people well end up having the worst time? Find out next chapter whenever that may be.

I initially planned for more to happen in this chapter but as I was working on the build up and elaborating on the details I ended up getting to my usual chapter length and since the last chapter I did was longer than usual and some of the things I plan on doing next have to happen one after the other I figured I should end this chapter while I could instead of trying to make it the longest one.

Anyways thanks for reading, hope you liked it, any constructive criticism is welcome, and have a good day.