• Published 14th Jun 2018
  • 6,110 Views, 473 Comments

Sunset Shimmer The Pony of Earth - luckyboys121



Now that Sunset Shimmer is able to be a pony whenever she wants she is excited to start her new life with her friends by her side. Now though she has to deal with how others will react and learn just how poorly she has thought this life choice out

  • ...
19
 473
 6,110

Nightmare Night, What a Fright...

Aria and Sonata were sitting on Sunset's couch wearing their costumes. Aria had a purple shirt with a skull on it, a black skirt, black boots, and a studded collar and bracelets. Sonata, on the other hand, wore a simple orange and yellow dress with white knee high boots.

Aria started to become a little annoyed with waiting as she looked over at the bathroom and said, "YO SUNSET! YOU READY YET!?"

They then heard Sunset's voice through the door say, "Just about."

Aria groaned before Sonata said, "Come on, Aria, just be patient. Sunset already told us she'd probably take awhile, given how tight her outfit is and the fact that she still hasn't gotten used to changing clothes as a pony again."

Aria said, "Yeah well then why can't she just put it on while she's a human and then turn into a pony," before a look of confusion overtook her as she said, "Wait, would that work? I mean, her casual clothes disappear and reappear when she transforms so it probably wouldn't."

Sonata then joined in saying, "But wait, what would happen if she put on this outfit as a pony and then turned into a human? I mean, would it disappear and reappear when she changes back or would it, like remain on top of her human clothes?"

They pondered these questions for a bit, but they were then interrupted as the bathroom door opened to reveal Sunset in her costume.

Sunset then looked over at the girls saying, " Well, what do you think?" before she took on a nasally tone as she said, "Not that I even have to ask what you clods think of the Great and Lovable Peridot."

Sonata looked a little hurt as she said, "Why would you call us clods like that?"

Aria then nodded as she said, "Yeah and lay off the Great and Lovable stuff; you're not on stage with Trixie right now."

Sunset then looked defensive as she approached them saying, "Oh no no no. It's nothing like that, girl; I was just acting like the character I was dressed as."

"Really?" said Sonata as a curious look overtook her face.

"Well yeah, part of the fun of Halloween, or Nightmare Night, is not just dressing like a monster or character, but acting like that monster or character too," said Sunset with a reassuring grin.

Sonata then jumped up and looked at Aria excitedly saying, "Oh Aria! We should act like Ami and Yumi and sing the opening theme song."

Aria flatly looked at her and said, "Firstly, we already kind of do act like Ami and Yumi—that's why we picked them in the first place—and secondly. I'm not sure about the singing."

Sunset then looked at them both as she said, "Wait, but I thought you couldn't sing without those pendants, and I know you still have those shards on your necks, but they don't, work do they?"

Aria then said, "No, they don't seem to work like this. And yeah after we first lost them, we couldn't sing at all, but that's only because we didn't know how. You see, these were like auto-tune and made our voices perfect without us even trying."

Sonata then spoke up excitedly saying, "Yeeessss, but we have been practicing the songs from the show in our spare time, which we have a lot of since our jobs don't start until next week, and I think we're getting pretty good."

Aria then spoke up saying, "We are getting good, yes, but I'm not sure if now is the time to showcase that."

Sonata looked at her with puppy dog eyes as she said, "Please."

Sunset then walked up saying, "I mean, it is part of your characters so I'd say it's a good time." She then tried to give a warm smile to Aria as well.

Aria glanced at them before groaning and saying , "Fine, but not first thing or anything. We'll hit a couple houses and then when I say the time is right, we'll do it."

Sonata jumped up in glee at this while Sunset smiled and grabbed her candy pail in her magic field before saying, "Well if you're both ready to go I say it's time we meet up with Pinkie Pie and the other trick or treaters."

Sonata and Aria both nodded before they grabbed their pails and they all headed out the door.

As they walked the street they soon saw Pinkie Pie who was dressed in puffy white shorts, black leggings, a black belt with a gold buckle that had an "M" symbol on it, yellow boots and gloves, a purple cape, a black undershirt, black vest with yellow trim, and finally she had her hair done up in a way that made it look like some kind of antenna or tendril pointed forward. She then turned and saw them approaching as she waved and said, "Hi girls. Come on let's get out there and get some candy before I have to turn you all into candy," before she giggled to herself.

Sonata then giggled at the apparent joke as she ran forward and said, "Thank you so much for having us, Pinkie Pie. I can't wait to do this!"

Pinkie matched her excitement as she said, "I know right! This is going to be so awesome."

Sunset then thought to herself, "Wow, I know Pinkie can make friends with pretty much anyone, but I figured there might have been at least a little awkwardness."

She then looked over to Aria, who briefly had an awkward look on her face before returning to her usual confidence as she said, "Nice to see you, Pinks."

"Nice to see you too, Aria and Sonata. By the way, Sunset told me about how you were moving along well in your grieving process, but I'm glad I could still provide you with a distraction to form positive memories in your post loss lives to recall when you're down," said Pinkie before a smile appeared on her face.

They were all briefly stunned by this psychoanalysis before Sunset, who was more used to this stuff from Pinkie at this point, said, "Um yeah. Hey Pinkie I thought this was going to be with your usual group of kids?"

Pinkie than pulled out her phone as she said, "Yeah well, the CMC had this whole act planned with Applejack and Rainbow Dash." She then showed them a picture with Apple Bloom having her hair spiked in a somewhat illogical pattern and wearing a black tank top, a blue cape that also appeared to be a jacket, blue pants and shoes, and some kind of large inverted pyramid shaped necklace with an eye on the front of it. Applejack was behind her wearing a large pointed purple hat with matching purple armor throughout her body and a blue cloak, while also holding some kind of green staff. Pinkie then scrolled over to a picture of Scootaloo with her hair done into a bowl cut and her wearing a large white trench coat with black sleeves, a blue belt with a logo that said "KC" on it, a necklace that appeared to be some kind of brown and black playing card, and black pants and boots. Rainbow Dash also stood behind her wearing large spiked white wings, a white jumpsuit with spikes all along it, fake claws on her hands and feet, and finally a smooth white helmet with a large open jaw and blue lenses over the eyes. Pinkie then continued saying, "And ever since they helped Diamond Tiara become a better person, the others in their grade have kind of been looking at them like idols."

Sonata then spoke up saying, "So does that mean it's just going to be the four of us then?"

Suddenly they heard a very regal and commanding voice say, "Not exactly."

They all turned to see a woman in a black jumpsuit with, dark blue eyeliner, a dark blue helmet, dark blue armored boots and gloves, a large dark blue necklace with a white crescent moon symbol on it, and finally having black wings and a black axe strapped to her back.

Sunset instantly backed away as even though the figure was human she still recognized her from all the years she spent studying, and all scary stories about her she heard this time of year, as she began stammering saying, "N-n-n-nightmare Moon."

Suddenly Nightmare turned to her and said, "Well, well. Someone who remembers me. In that case I have a very special gift for you." She then reached into her pocket as Sunset shrunk back in fear, suddenly feeling like a little filly again at seeing this living legend. All that was changed though as Nightmare pulled out a cassette tape and said, "Here you go. A greatest hits collection autographed by all the CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT!"

At that last part she took on a yelling tone but Sunset was too stunned by this new development to notice as she walked up and saw that on the cover of this cassette's case was a picture of Nightmare Moon holding a guitar, which she now noticed was the "axe" mounted on her back, and to her left a girl with a solid black complexion and blue hair wearing a green dress that seemed to be purposefully filled with holes, black boots with green accents, and what appeared to a very tiny crown on top of her head. On Nightmare's right was a man with a dark gray complexion, black hair, and wearing a large red cape with white puffy trim, an armored chest plate with matching gloves and boots, black pants, and a silver crown with a red horn protruding from the front of it. On top of this picture was three autographs from left to right reading "Queen Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, and King Sombra.

Pinkie grinned as she said, "Yeah, Luna always dresses as her old band persona from back in the day."

Luna took offense to that as she said, "It wasn't that long ago Ms. Pie."

Meanwhile Sunset continued to stare in aw as her brain struggled to accept that the very creature she feared when she was little is not only her vice principal but apparently a former rock star.

Aria, however glanced at the tape before saying, "Wait, you used to be in a band?"

Luna's smile returned as she said, "Indeed I was. The Children of the Night and I played all over the country, but unfortunately Celestia thought that I was spending too much time out with them as she said, quote, 'Your life has become one nonstop night party' and while ,yes, our gigs did go pretty late I still maintain that, that was an overreaction. Anyway she sent me to my room for what felt like a thousand years, but in actuality was probably only a few weeks, and after that me and my band mates sort of just lost touch."

Luna then looked at the ground in introspection before saying, "Maybe I should look them up." A new level of excitement overtook her as she said, "Oh I know. I'll invite them to come with me to Cadance and Shining Armor's wedding next year. I mean, I doubt Sombra will come since he and Cadance never fully clicked but Chrysy should since she was always a sucker for love-"

She was then cut short as Pinkie burst forward saying, "WHAT!? CADANCE AND TWILIGHT'S BROTHER ARE GETTING MARRIED!?"

Luna then blushed as she said, "Oh yes, please don't tell Twilight about this. You see Shining proposed to her a few weeks ago and Cadance told me in confidence... but they aren't planning on telling their families until Christmas when everyone is together." She then turned as she hoped no one else mentioned the fact that she let a big secret slip before marching along and saying, "Come on girls, the night may last forever but the candy sure doesn't."

Sonata giddily jogged behind her with Aria following soon after. Pinkie Pie than turned to Sunset, who was still struggling to take everything that just happened in, before saying, "You gonna be OK Sunset?"

Sunset then shook her head, trying to clear it like an etch a sketch, before saying, "Yeah I'm good... anyway let's just get on with the night."

Pinkie Pie smiled and said, "Okie dokie lokie," before they both began running up to catch up with the rest of the group.

Author's Note:

Firstly if you couldn't tell by that clip I'm sorry that this kind a week late but I hope that this as well as the other Halloween chapters well make up for that in quality.

Welp it looks like things are off to an odd start. Will things keep going well? Find out next chapter whenever that maybe.

Also thank you to ApplejackFan204 for making the artwork used and inspiring the idea for Sunset's costume. Go check them out on Derpibooru

Finally have a good day, hope you liked this, and any constructive criticism is welcome. Also as a note to Emerald Flash feel free to point out everything as I know you said you wanted to go easy on me but I need to hear this stuff if I want to hold things together until December when I am on holiday break and am free to audition editors (I'll make a blog post explaining the rules for the audition when the time comes)