• Published 25th Dec 2016
  • 7,139 Views, 258 Comments

Spiders and Magic: What If Luna Revealed Her Feelings Before Twilight Sparkle? - Maximus_Reborn



What if Princess Luna revealed her feelings for Peter Parker before Twilight Sparkle could?

  • ...
36
 258
 7,139

Ties that Bind

Chapter Twelve “Ties That Bind”

Peter glanced to the side. “Hey, Luna? Do you like the snow?”

Princess Luna shifted her attention away from the telescope, only to glower at Peter. Three years had passed ever since she started dating the aloof stallion, and nothing had changed. He volunteered to keep her company during her night watch as usual, but Luna questioned her own wisdom for accepting the gesture tonight. Yes, it was sweet, and Peter's company was always enjoyable.

However, she had a job to do, and her coltfriend was in a strangely talkative mood tonight, at least more than usual. Equestria needed her watchful eye to remain vigilant, but Peter's insistent pestering was proving to be rather distracting. A low shudder escaped from the mare, involuntarily. Small flakes of snow danced on the breeze in their descent, landing on her body.

It had been going on like this for the entire duration of the day. Snow was always a work hazard. Granted, Celestia urged her sister to avoid working on such cold days, but in Luna's eyes, enemies could take the time to attack when somepony least expected it. It was her duty to protect her kingdom, and nopony would find a way through her defense, whether it was through rain, sleet, or snow.

Unfortunately, Luna's mouth betrayed her mind. “Yes, it's quite beautiful. Why do you ask?”

Luna blankly stared to the side, chiding herself. Once again, she humored the fool. While they were closely acquainted, so much that Luna deemed Peter her coltfriend and personal knight, it should not have affected her way of thinking. Yet, it did. Whenever she was around him, her heart felt light, like the clouds overhead. Peter treated her like an equal, something that everypony else couldn't bring themselves to even attempt. While it was to respect her royal status, it was also out of fear, for the memory of Nightmare Moon remained fresh in their minds.

Peter was different however. Her tainted legacy meant nothing to him. In his eyes, Luna was his lover, and that meant the world to the princess. Her lover was a naive fool, but he was invaluable. Shaking her head, Luna placed her eye back into the telescope, attempting to shift her focus back into her work, where it belonged.

“I was just curious. You've been standing here all night in the snow,” Peter lightly replied, furrowing his brow.

Luna huffed. “It is my duty to watch over the land. You know that, and it is yours as well. A little snow is no excuse to slack off.”

Such a distraction. How could he not take a hint? Was he just antagonizing her again for the sake of humor? Considering how close he and Celestia had grown, Luna wouldn’t put it past either pony to consider such a dastardly act.

Peter grinned. “Yeah, I know, but aren't you cold? I mean, even with fur, it's pretty chilly out here.”

The mare exhaled but shivered at the same time, letting out a shudder. He had a point. Luna's expression turned blank as she cursed the frailty of her body. Despite eons of growth and experience, she yielded to the cold like anypony else. Peter gave no verbal response, only furrowing his brow at the stubborn princess. Luna refused to look in his direction. No doubt he was scowling at her with his eyes. She was co-ruler of the land. Never would she allow somepony, aside from her sister, to scold her. Sadly, her vulnerabilities continued to surface, evident by a pair of stifled sneezes.

With a quick swipe of her hoof, Luna cleaned her snout, all while avoiding Peter's gaze. “I assure you... I am fine.”

However, Luna's eyes widened once a warm cloth fell around her neck. Peter placed his jacket on the mare's back. In spite of her harsh thoughts, her stallion willingly gave her his clothing, sacrificing his warmth for her. Luna's cheeks flushed, growing as hot as the sun, despite the cold climate, and her conditions only worsened once her blue irises found his wide smile. Luna's body suddenly stiffened. Oh, how she loathed feeling so vulnerable.

Peter began running his hooves along her limbs in an attempt to warm them. “You don't always have to put on the tough girl act, you know. I mean, it’s your birthday, and you haven’t even given it a second thought.”

Luna’s eyes softened. “You remembered.”

Chuckling, the stallion nodded. “Of course I did. There was something that I wanted to give you.” He reached into a pocket on the jacket, retrieving a small box. “I always say that you don’t have to act tough with me. No matter what happens, I’ll always love you the same way. So, maybe…” he trailed off, groaning as his words failed him. Peter simply scoffed at the thought, offering the small box to the alicorn. “I’m not good at mincing my words anymore. I have you to blame for that. Just open the box, and you’ll see what I’m trying to say.”

Luna merely arched a brow at the stallion, using her magic to open the box. However, her blue eyes shot open at the sight that awaited her. A clear diamond, sharply yet carefully crafted, bore the shape of a crescent moon. However, a second, smaller jewel rested alongside it. It was of a black gem, crafted into the shape of a spider. Both items were conjoined, as if unified, and a small folded letter was pinned to the box. Luna gently placed the item down before opening the letter.

It simply read, “An eternity is a long time to be spent alone. While my life is short, I know who I want to share it with. You are the bright moon in my life, chasing away the darkness while lending my heart warm and loving light. My Princess Luna. You graced me as your knight. Now, will you also give me the same regards as…”

“You fool…” Luna muttered as her eyes widened. An expression of genuine surprise and shock surfaced on the mare’s face, struggling to finish the letter’s lasting word. “My… husband?”

Peter pursed his lips and simply knelt, taking hold of the mare’s hoof. “My wife, hopefully. Will you marry me?”

She pulled her hoof away, causing Peter to glance up at the princess with a puzzled look on his face. Before any negative thoughts could enter his mind, Luna rubbed her head against the side of his own affectionately, keeping it there for several moments. Peter was invaluable, and she did not want to let him go. Eons worth of loneliness seemed like an all-too distant memory, giving way for the fleeting warmth that threatened to consume her. Eventually, reality set in, and Luna simply nodded a response, never ceasing as tears poured from her eyes. Not even the pouring snow could repel the heat burning within her. Luna soon lowered, capturing Peter’s mouth with her own for an impromptu yet passionate kiss. It would not be the last, considering how bright the future look.

She was a fool, too. A fool in love, and Luna couldn't be happier.


News of Princess Luna’s engagement with Peter Parker had quickly spread throughout all of Equestria, and a date for the reception had been booked. Now, everypony within Canterlot scrambled to ensure that the castle was prepped to the bride’s liking. Celestia helped with the details, using knowledge of her sister’s preferences to her advantages. Times during the preparations were equally parts wondrous and stressful.

However, that quickly changed to the latter as the rehearsals continued. The night before the wedding turned out to be less joyful than she had hoped. Missing persons, sudden changes of plans, and unfortunate events didn't sit well with the intricately planned out schedule she'd painstakingly written up before hoof. In the back of her mind, a small fleet of fear wrecked havoc, able to only be subdued, yet not silenced, like guilt the subconscious cannot wash away.

Holding a hoof over her chest, that certain subject had not left her mind. In less than twenty-four hours, she and Peter would be forever linked in holy matrimony. Yet, there was trepidation plaguing her thoughts. She knew how long eternity truly was, and one pony’s life was just a blink in the flash of time in comparison. There was a means to counteract such fate, but it could prove to be detrimental, leading way for more irrational conclusions farther down the road.

The mare exhaled, shaking her head. It was fruitless to even think about it, considering her decision had already been made the day prior, and the princess had yet to recover from the incident. She had lost a part of herself, yielding it for her beloved, and now, her life was changed forever, open to both bliss and vulnerability. By the powers of fatigue and caressing of soft pillows on her flushed cheeks, Luna found herself in the embrace of slumber within a matter of minutes after returning to her room.

Luna laid in bed for some time with her back to the door, curled up under three layers of blankets and sheets. Celestia simply smiled at the sight from afar before closing the door to Luna’s private quarters. Her sister made a life-altering decision from the heart, showing unmatched trust in her soon-to-be spouse. They would always be sisters, as nothing would change that, but tomorrow was the dawn of a new era, for both alicorn sisters.

For Luna, her loneliness would be exorcised, and Celestia would let her sister go. She was no longer her sister’s protector. From this day forth, Luna’s knight would be her rock, shield, and heart from now on. With a content smile, Celestia departed as a lone tear streaked down her cheek. Luna’s only visitor was the kiss of night by the creamy, white moonlight. She welcomed it.


The next morning, chaos ensued as ponies ran from room to room, preparing for a great union. The bridal wing was kept off-limits to those not participating. In addition, all males were being exiled from Luna’s room, especially Peter. Equestrian tradition considered the bride and groom seeing each other before being formally given by an ordained entity of bad luck, and the tradition passed on to the residents of Canterlot as well. The legend had been passed down from generation to generation. Though not all were superstitious, none wished to offer their wedding as a test subject, considering Luna had been rather unstrung (understandably so).

However, there was a slight dilemma. Luna originally had her wedding dress fitted, thanks to Rarity’s keen eye, but her measurements had drastically changed in the coming days, forcing the fashionista to improvise. Fortunately, Rarity would not rest, evident by the large bags under her eyes, until she had completed the task. As the unicorn put on the finishing touches to the dress, Celestia walked into the room before sharing a glance with her sister. The alicorn was considerably much shorter in stature, practically the same height as a normal pony. Her aura-like mane was gone, replaced with luscious, bright blue locks.

In spite of the inconvenience of her bodily change, Luna maintained a bright sense of happiness. This day was special, and nothing could ruin it. With a content smile, Celestia only supported her sister’s decision. Soon enough, Rarity approached the younger alicorn with her dress, prompting the pair to begin the fitting process. The most important part hadn’t begun, and the butterflies had already reemerged in her gut.

Meanwhile, Sunset Shimmer accompanied Peter as he began preparations, and they were later visited by Fancy Pants. His suit alone took much longer than it should have, thanks to Peter having absolutely no idea how to properly wear ribbons and ties. Sadly, he ended up ruining it with a row of knots, which took Fancy Pants an entire hour to untie. For all his heroic talents and time spent in Canterlot, Peter still lacked the air of nobility. Although many admitted that was part of his charm, hence why everypony remained patient with the stallion, in spite of the clumsy setbacks.


The following day, all preparations were met, and the wait was finally over. After a meal, she slipped into her dress. Hair, makeup, and subsequent accessories succeeded like clockwork. Everything happened so fast. Before she knew it, Luna was standing on a plush carpet at the entrance of a long aisle within the castle gardens, facing a hundred or more ponies while holding a bouquet of flowers under the clear blue sky, may the stars have mercy. Then again, she had her sister to thank for such a beautiful day.

Looking straight ahead, she saw familiar faces smiling with joy, and eyes on the brink of tears, tissues capturing them. Rows of witnesses were awaiting her arrival and turned to stare in awe. Gentle breezes wisped through the air, and her veil danced in the wind... but to her, everything seemed ethereal, like a blissful dream. Inwardly, to her left stood nopony, just as her right. The princess ventured down the aisle alone, which was no unfamiliar feeling, but it would be one of the past.

Never again would she be alone.

Her steps were graceful, and her head high, giving off a sense of victory with confidence, as an organ flared through the air of its majestic tune. She looked straight on, eyes unmoved, though not much could be seen from behind the chest length, semi-sheer veil hanging from her tiara. The dress was lightweight and hugged her curves, caressing her elegant figure. She continued to look straight ahead, avoiding eye contact.

Peter stepped forward to meet her, taking her hoof in his. “You look so beautiful,” he mused, narrowing his gaze with a smile, “You’re still a little taller than me, but you’re much lower to the ground.” His eyes softened momentarily. “What’s done is done, but are you sure you’re okay with sharing your essence with me? You’ll be very vulnerable now, and… you may never be as strong as you used to be. I mean, we’ll both live the rest of time together, but…”

A murmur glided over the witnesses as well as those standing at the altar. However, a smile could be vividly seen underneath the bride’s veil. “I’ve never been more certain about anything in my life, Peter.” She simply nodded, caressing the stallion’s hoof. “You will fill the void in my life. I’ve spent eons being alone. Power is meaningless if there isn’t somepony worth fighting for. Now that I have you, I have no intention of letting you go. We’ll spend eternity together, and if I have to sacrifice a part of myself to sustain that, then so be it. I’ll make this decision countless times all over again if I could.”

“I’d say my sister’s mind is set,” Celestia reaffirmed, grinning as Peter nodded a response. The princess cleared her throat before her horn glowed, levitating a large, hardcover book that looked older than she was before the pair. Once the book opened, the alicorn sobered. “Shall we begin?”

Luna nodded. “Yes.”

Celestia began with the blessing, speaking first in ancient Equestrian before translating into a language all could understand as she read from her book. Then came the exchanging of the vows as the bride and groom turned to face each other. Peter fiddled in his pocket and pulled out a wrinkled piece of paper covered with scratch outs, tears, and water stains. He had no time to rewrite a revised copy, for the letter itself took much longer than expected. Though its appearance seemed worn and distraught, the words it contained were beautiful and everlasting. Luna returned the favor with her vows, with promises of her own.

“May the stars bless you,” Celestia sweetly declared, “If there is anypony who has a reason to object to this union, speak now or forever hold thy tongue.” Nopony spoke or gave reason to interrupt this long awaited union. A sense of relief took over. Luna and Peter could finally relax. There was nothing else to worry about. They would be sworn to each other, and the journey of the rest of their lives would finally begin. Soon afterward, Celestia’s smile widened. “Peter Benjamin Parker-- Spider-Knight--, do you take this mare to be your wife for as long as you both shall walk this life?”

Peter nodded, never averting his gaze from his soon-to-be wife. “I do.”

Celestia shared a glance with her sister. “Now, I ask the bride. Princess Luna, do you take this stallion to be your husband for as long as you both shall walk this life?”

Luna inhaled deeply before smiling brightly. “I do.”

Celestia choked back a sob, but she maintained a firm demeanor, nodding. “Very well. Groom, you may present your bride with your ring. With this ring, you bind your life to hers, as she already did by sharing her essence with you. This contract will last for the rest of your lives.”

The best mare took her cue as Sunset Shimmer held out a pillow holding a small ring. Her eyes swelled up as tears congregated on the edges of her eyelids. She sniffled, eager to blow her nose, but her hooves stayed out stretched until Peter retrieved the ring. Peter caressed Luna's horn, massaging it as he prepared to finalize the ceremony. Now was his time. He prepared for weeks as he fought anxiety, and the nervous feeling that made him feel nauseous to the point of vomiting.

In spite of his many near-death encounters as Spider-Man and Spider-Knight, he never felt this uneasy, and he hated it, finding a showdown with Thanos much easier on the nerves. He knew all of it was in preparation for this very moment, but it was worth it. Now, in this moment, he was finally ready. Peter slid the custom made wedding ring on Luna's horn as if he had practiced it to perfection. The fit was snug, modeled to her form, and with this act, the contract was signed.

Celestia held her gaze on the couple before shifting it to the surrounding crowd. “By the power given to me in the name of Canterlot, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Everypony, please stand and acknowledge the union of Peter Parker and Luna Parker.” The crowd stood to their hooves, and a roar took over the land. Thunderous applause and cheers filled the area. “Peter, you may kiss your bride. Today, for the first time, you kiss her as your wife.”

The stallion smirked, anticipating this to be his favorite moment of the day. It wasn't the prospect of kissing Luna that excited him. He received such displays of affections all the time. It was the idea, the knowledge, and the understanding that he would kiss her for the first time as his wife. Their union had been marked for quite some time, but today, it was official. It made the kiss of the rest of their lives that much more joyous. It sweetened the kiss and made it taste like her lips had been dipped in sugar and honey.

Peter lifted the veil gently to reveal the mare’s beauty and moved in until his lips met hers briefly yet affectionately. He brushed his hoof against her cheek for a moment, sending a chill down her spine, and she blushed for a moment, evident by her glowing cheeks. Luna's lips tightened and twisted slightly, half annoyed at the idea of Peter teasing her. She'd been waiting for such a kiss for the same reasons, and the stallion had the gall to tease her during the wedding ceremony. How unprofessional, but when it came, it was everything they'd expected and more.

All the anguish, anger, and pain she suffered through over the eons had been cleansed, like a panacea for poison. As husband and wife turned to face the witnesses, the bridal party beamed and finally let their tears of joy flow like streams. Everything leading up to this very moment had been a journey for them all, but in the end, each found contentment in knowing it was all worth it. They'd fought hard. This was the last battle, but the war, the journey through forever, had just begun.

Another day was marked in history. Princess Luna and Sir Peter Parker were joined in holy matrimony. This moment was one of the most special ones they would ever experience. It was a milestone reached after chipping away at the numerous roadblocks they had faced with the sole purpose of halting progress. At certain times, they felt as though they were armed with nothing more than wooden sticks, in spite of their great individual strengths. Other times, they had nowhere to turn to but themselves. Now, it was over. It was time to enjoy life. It was time to never look back.

The past was dark and blurred. The future was so much brighter.


Deep within a dark room, a unicorn paced in place. “They took everything from me. My teacher. My friends. My love. She ruined everything.” Stepping from the shadows with a black and crimson amulet around her neck, Twilight laughed wickedly as her horn emitted crimson energy. “Now, I’ll make them all pay.”

Elsewhere, within the reaches of the astral plane, Discord watched with a furrowed brow. “I must admit that the long dry spell to peace and order has been challenging.” The draconequus straightened his posture upon settling his gaze on Twilight as she continued to scroll through walls of texts in her many books, most containing the forbidden arts of dark magic spells. Shrugging, Discord simply nodded. “However, it would be foolish for me to intervene at this point. My plans for Peter Parker have yet to be adequately rebuilt from Princess Luna’s unforeseen intervention. Besides, Twilight will soon throw everything into chaos herself without my help.”

Just as the draconequus snapped his talons and faded from sight, a bright light distorted into existence near the unicorn. Suddenly, a broken fragment fell from the light and pierced the ground upon landing. Twilight walked towards the fragment, eyeing its glowing surface with a narrowed gaze. She lifted the stone via magic, and its energies dissipated, fusing with that of her own. Tremors shook through the entire vicinity while Twilight’s irises faded behind a blinding light. Soon, the unicorn cackled maniacally as the fragment faded from sight.

-u-

“Every single thing you do matters. You have been created as one of a kind. You have been created in order to make a difference. You have within you the power to change the world.”

― Andy Andrews (The Butterfly Effect)

“The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day, it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human.

Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.”

― Tahereh Mafi


The End

...Spider-Knight will return.

Comments ( 98 )

Does this mean that we'll get to see this universe in the shattered dimension sequel coming up?
Yay!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

That was a cute little spin-off. I had a hunch that Twilight wouldn't take this well. My theory was that if there was an abridged trip to Earth in this universe, she would become Venom out jealousy, but her with the Alicorn Amulet is cool to see.

The romance between Peter and Luna was fun. Very different than Peter/Twilight obviously, and a unique dynamic. So many nice moments, and Peter looked like he wanted the romance from the start. Also, #ColtfriendsLivesMatter.

Now, the ending. I have a hunch that Spider-Knight and Spider-Mane are gonna meet and see what made their worlds different in Shattered Dimensions and face off against amulet Twilight.

Maximus, you've pulled off an amazing story, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing this world in Shattered Dimensions... the adventures are just beginning...

So if i assume Patricia's world will be revisited what will World 4 be? ohh ohh can we see a world where Peter fully embrace and became the Nightmare Spider and joins up with his three counterparts to save reality mostly his but still or will world 4 be the one where peter has a herd? if so i say Eris stays in that world its a win win for her.

A great read, though I do have some gripes.

I would have love to see how Sunset Shimmer became friends with the rest of the mane five and be more detailed Twilight's fall from grace. That's just me though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Darn it, don't end there! I wanna see more PeterxLuna!

Awww...that was such a great romance, and it felt genuine unlike the original. Darn it! This better have a sequel or something! AUGH!

7830823 While I agree, I'm glad it stuck with Peter and Luna and their relationship. Made sure their relationship didn't fall on the wayside of sub-plots.

7830840 I would make for a great side story. I'd call it Spiders and Magic: The Spider-Knight Chronicles. This would be about Peter's adventures with Sunset Shimmer and Peter would send letters to Princess Luna about his missions and friendship progress.

7830871 Sounds good to me. I want that to happen too.

Spider-Knight will return....in "Equestrian Avengers: Shattered Dimensions"

And so the 'What If?' tale comes to a close. Peter and Luna are now joined in holy matrimony, with Luna giving up a part of her lifespan so that she would be with her new husband until death do them apart, and a new bright and unknown future awaits them. However, not everyone has a happy ending. For Twilight has been consumed by her negative emotions, all of which fuelled by the Alicorn Amulet, and she will do everything to make everyone pay for 'taking' everything away from her. And to make matters worse, it seems a fragment of the Tablet of Order and Chaos has found its way to her and now she'll be more dangerous. But that is a story for another time....

:scootangel: A great story from you Maximus and Azu as always. Its was fascinating to see how Peter's life would've been if Luna had the courage to open up more to him and follow her heart, but it was also hard to see Twilight's life going downhill into misery and bitterness in this role reversal considering the ParkerSparkle ship is the canon pairing in the main seres, as everything that she was meant to have is cruelly taken away from her by the hands of fate. And I must admit, after reading this I think I now prefer PeterxLuna slightly more now than PeterxTwi. Just liking this story makes me want to see more of this dimension and expand on the tales in-between that were skimmed through.

But hey, at least we'll be seeing them again in the upcoming Equestrian Avengers story. I can only imagine the reaction between Spider-Mane and Spider-Knight meeting and Mayday seeing her "Other Dad".

7830646 I know. This was meant to be different type of chapter. With only 13 chapters compared to the 100 plus of the main Spiders and Magic verse, there needed to be an abridged chapter somewhere.

This is a spin-off. A MINI adventure. It's not going to be afforded the same depth and time. It's left up to one imagination at points since we have a universe established.

7830686 Maturity. Sometimes a mature WOMAN in contrast to a young GIRL can make a WORLD of difference for a guy.

My only complant is that the elements kinda just said 'screw you twilight sunset is best pony' I mean no one went looking for her. That's fucked up.

7831292 We don't know that. Twi left on her own voluntarily and didn't leave a trail. She's in hiding. If someone doesn't want to be found and they have special abilities, it'd be practically impossible to find them.

They looked for Twi but couldn't find her. That's why Celestia left Shimmer in Twi's place: to fill in the void until (hopefully) Twilight comes back.

Otherwise, no Elements or home for Spike. And they need the Elements. Sometimes one has to make a tough decision.

This was an amazing alternate Spiders and Magic story.... When I read your first story, I was wondering what it would've been if it was Luna and now I know. Great job on it Maximus and I'll be doing a blog review on this story, because I have a lot of things to say so look out for that :pinkiehappy: Also on another note, I was wondering if I could help you out with your next story? Could I please, I have a few ideas that would be good?

This story was good but I think maybe a small sequel leading into shattered dimensions could work

Alright, I'll give a fair review.

It hurts seeing Twilight not with Peter, but that's the point of a 'What If'. It's a separate reality and perhaps Luna deserved to be happy in at least one world. But unfortunately I feel more sad for Twilight than I feel happy for Luna. I have my reasons for not liking Luna too much, but that's only a personal opinion, storywise this was a good concept and well done. I had to put aside my like for Peter and Twilight to fairly judge this, and it worked, to an extent.

I still don't feel like this relationship has the same depth, but maybe because it wasn't explored more. This seems like just a shorter version, and considering more is coming then that's to be expected. I can't say I would only prefer Parker-Sparkle, since I've also liked the idea of Peter with Trixie, Fluttershy and a close second, Rainbow Dash.

Here's the pros and cons for Twilight and Luna, my perspective.

Twilight Pros:
-I feel like she connected with him much more and is more affectionate towards him. She genuinely loves Peter and she shows it.
-Peter being with Twilight also seems to have helped Trixie quite a bit. She became a key part of their home and they've all made each other happy. Trixie has a family, Twilight has a sister figure, Peter has his best friend and their daughter has another pony to look up to.
-I don't know if Sonata will connect well with Luna, but that remains to be seen.
-Peter's relationship with Cadance and Shining Armor.
-Mayday.
Twilight Cons:
-Twilight can be overbearing and at times isn't the best wife or mother.
-Being with Twilight made certain things take longer for Peter, like getting his Cutie Mark and being a Knight and Prince.
-While unknown in this timeline just yet, marrying Twilight leads of the Dystopian Equestria arc, so this saves Peter the burden of having to go through all that.

Luna Pros:
-Peter's life improved much faster, he got his Cutie Mark sooner, he didn't have to go through all that trouble on his home world, things went a little more smoothly, his life is just much more improved.
-Luna probably needs someone more than Twilight, she's been alone for 1000 years, at least Twilight had her friends, so if she didn't care for Peter, then things would be even more ideal.
Luna Cons:
-Luna isn't the best mare either, she's not very good with her emotions and can be a bit weird.
-No Mayday, at least for now, but if Mayday's born, she'll be much different.
-Twilight took the rejection much harder.

That's all I have for now, I hope that was a fair assessment. In the end, I prefer Parker-Sparkle, she's better suited (though not perfect) for Peter, and a little cuter (that's just me, won't deny that Luna's beautiful as a human).

But I hope this leads to something bigger, perhaps a role in Equestrian Avengers. I wanna see how the main Spiders & Magic Peter reacts to this world, and the other way around. I really hope Twilight gets a happier ending though.

That's all then.

Comment posted by Neon Starch deleted Dec 31st, 2016
Azu

I find it kind of funny really. As the co author of the series and of this story in particular, I personally don't care much for Luna. I don't necessarily hate her, but I don't exactly like her either. However despite that , I tried my best within this story to write her as best I can with Maximus for the readers.

Because in the end, my own personal bias and opinion doesn't matter when it comes to a story's universe. An opposite example of Luna in "the what if" story is Aria in Spiders and Magic.

From a Skype convo with masterob earlier today:

[6:05:31 PM] Azurulia: Take Aria for example
[6:05:47 PM] Azurulia: She's by far my favorite character in the series. I loved her.
[6:05:56 PM] Azurulia: What happened to Aria?
[6:06:16 PM] Masterob: She...went to the siren lake...it was sad...
[6:06:37 PM] Azurulia: Now who do you think suggested that? Maximus?
[6:07:02 PM] Azurulia: No. I actually brought up, "Hey... if we do THis, it will do this for Sonata and Adagio's characters and storytelling."
[6:07:26 PM] Azurulia: I presented and offed my favorite character for the sake of the story.
[6:07:33 PM] Azurulia: even now, I still feel very sad about it. :(
[6:07:49 PM] Azurulia: I mean, not to brag
[6:08:04 PM] Azurulia: but just to say, I'm not bias when it comes to character development and storytelling
[6:08:14 PM] Azurulia: NO ONE is safe. NO ONE cannot rise.
[6:08:44 PM] Masterob: Truthfully, as sad as it was, part of me felt it would only be temporary
[6:09:02 PM] Masterob: I was surprised that it was permanent
[6:09:07 PM] Masterob: Same with Adagio and Celestia
[6:10:55 PM] Azurulia: I'm not afraid to kill characters. Maximus may be hesitant, but I pushed for the permanent deaths, becaosue of how much impact they would have, and how much cheaper it would be if they "Came back"

I've never been a big fan of that sort oif thing unless it's done right.
[6:11:36 PM] Azurulia: I don't read comics or watch comics movies. but characters apparently dying and then "not" dying is a very common thing according to comments.
[6:12:21 PM] Azurulia: To which I thought "Well. They are in for a surprise. These people aren't coming back."
[6:12:53 PM] Azurulia: Another big part of Aria's death was to show we are niot afraid to kill people.
[6:13:03 PM] Azurulia: That continues onward as well.

There s still much more to come. And if the ending wasn't clue enough, "what if" will be making an important appearance in shattered dimensions.

Whoa whoa Whoa?? ? Twilight? Evil with the alicorn amulet?

Oh well Spider- Knight will return in Avengers.

7831637 A few good and honest points. It's a matter of preference. Twilight and Peter's relationship has been fully explored and been the focal point of the series since the start (which ran for nearly three years). The two have a ton in common with few yet key differences. Plus, they're very flawed, like any couple, but they make up for each others shortcomings.

I think people needed a break from them, hence why the reception has been great for Luna x Peter. Unlike Parker x Sparkle, Lunar Spider are polar opposites. That's a big reason people are drawn to the couple. It's vastly different from the straightforward Parker x Sparkle. It's a blunt, tsundere, reserved princess with a talkative, aloof, goofball.

So to each their own.

7831903 I think that's why I loved this story so much. I read the original and if I'm honest? The romance was always the weakest part for me. Here, it was done spectacularly. Luna and Peter are just so much fun to watch here and I honestly wished this was ten times longer. I loved this story and I'm usually a person who does not like crossover characters falling for canon mlp characters, but this? This was gold! While I thought TwixPeter was...eh.

Too each their own though. Still, love this story. Wished I could have seen Celestia troll a bit more though.:trollestia:

7831739

I'm not afraid to kill characters. Maximus may be hesitant...

Hold on. I'm hesitant about death because for me, death is final. If we're killing a character, there has to be a good reason and the death can't be cheap and contrived. Death is a delicate matter that has been over-saturated in comics. If everyone constantly came back from the dead, then why should anyone care?

Even when I brought Peter back from death in Part I, it took a MASSIVE sacrifice from Luna to bring him back, and it clearly wasn't happening again. Sorry. It just sounds like Azu made it seem like I'm afraid to kill characters altogether. I just had to verify my case.

Besides, Azu originally wanted to resurrect Aria, or just have her fall into a deep sleep to be awoken later. He may have forgotten that, but I remember it. :rainbowwild:

Azu

7832120

...Maybe. :trixieshiftright:

But yes. Death is a big deal. I should have worded that better about you and the death thing, as we see eye to eye on it and how it is done. However my trigger is just a tad bit itchy is what I should have said. :pinkiecrazy:

But in the end, what matters is "how" it is done, and "what" becomes of it. Otherwise you have to start asking "was it worth losing this character?" or "Could have it been done at a better time? Maybe been done in a better way?"

7832052

The dynamic of the two pairings are very different:

Twilight: Birds of a feather, flock together.
Luna: Opposites attract:

It makes a lot of sense for things to be a bit more... eventful in the case of oppisites attract, as they are two very different ponies and personalities that fall in love with each otehr regardless. They also leads to large changes in both their characters from being together with one another. (Such as Peter becoming more blunt and a bit more serious. While Luna on the other hand lightens up a bit and develops a dry sense of humor aside from her usual no nonsense self.

Looking back to Peter and Twilight, there weren't a lot of really big changes, but their personalities and character rubbed off on each other a bit. However when you have a lot in common with someone, they can only influence large changes in you so much. What they can do, however, is reinforce who you already are by giving confidence and strength to just be yourself.

So the character development of the two pairings boils down to Change (Luna) vs Progression. (Twilight) Seeing the huge changes here I iamgine is quite refreshing from the usual, and is largely why people enjoy it.

That or Maximus and I have just improved a lot since the first story almost 4 years ago? I dunno. Lots of possibilities.

orig06.deviantart.net/402b/f/2011/090/0/3/shrugpony_twilight_sparkle_by_moongazeponies-d3cvkds.png

Squeal coming soon I hope, this fic came in faster than I thought a chapter or two daily.

Hope we getting to see foals in their future if Luna wishes fr a family :twilightsmile::heart:

Azu

7832417

Maximus said, "Screw it. Happy new year!" :pinkiecrazy:

7831180
7831336 That's fair. Still though I would have at least liked to see Twilights argument with Celestia. Something tells me she's gonna be a key player in the next series. I just want her villain motives to be fleshed out is all.

7831208 That's true. But like you mentioned before long term growth vs quick change will effect this peter differently. In the long run I imagine he won't be quite as...how do I put this? optimistic? Idealistic? At least compared to the other Peter who has clearly gone through much more and thus has more to show for his growth. In the long run.

7831903
A little change is needed at times it seems. I like seeing more couples explored within Spiders & Magic.

7832854 True. But you know Peter would do it if they weren't dating just cuz he can. But here, he's smart and doesn't do it.

:rainbowderp::pinkiegasp:Did you guys seriously make me begin the year with a freaking cliffhanger???I NEED MORE!!!!:flutterrage:

7830886 ya know I was really derp at the end when I read the will return part. I was thinking sequel, but now I see what is probably going to happen. Clever clever.

On another note, while I liked the Parker Sparkle story. I've always liked Luna far more, and I was sore when the original plot got changed, and I admit I stopped reading S&M for a while because it upset me.

This what if story soothed that soreness and I love it, even if it's short I could have easily accepted this as the original plot as well. But really that's my bias speaking as Twilight isn't a fave of mine.

Azu

7834451 Happy new year. :trollestia:


7834647

I think a large reason a lot of people really enjoyed this ship over the main series of twilight is because it's simply better written. (Quite a bit better.) I think if the roles were reversed, there were be a similar reaction if this was twilight's spin-off series. We have years more practice and experience under our belts coming into this one.

If we were to re-do Spiders and Magic: Rise of Spider-Mane at present time, I imagine we could make it significantly better than what it is. It was Maximus's first story and I was working on my first story at the time as well. I hadn't taken part in spiders and magic beyond a bit of prereading until the last few chapters were edited some.

Could I have made a difference if I was more involved? To be honest... probably not. I was pretty bad back then. :rainbowlaugh:

Regardless. I'm happy to see people enjoyed this story so much. We'll be putting our very best effort into shattered dimensions as well. I hope people find it enjoyable, too! After all, there is a lot in store; so just you wait!

67.media.tumblr.com/caffac06a4d758d8c6728d23ff35bc4c/tumblr_oafbd7M98M1qk6z3co1_500.gif

7843524 Yeah. That's the price of Multi-verse theory. Things go right on one hand, but they go wrong in the other.

7841056 7830886 It's an original color scheme made by Edcom here. It's meant to match the night colors Luna bears.

7834844 I KNOW! I thought about that after the story was completed. I mean, I've read the What-If Mary Jane was Shot Instead of Aunt May and the What-If Spider-Man and Silver Sable dated. It ALWAYS starts with Uatu.

7834647 Well, I'm glad you came back eventually. Especially when I remember you were one of the readers who took the dropped harem in Part IV especially hard (which I understand). This was one of the reasons I wanted to do the What-If, as an apology for those that really wanted the Lunar Spider love. Plus, we HAD to throw Luna a bone after everything she endured in the Spiders and Magic verse.

Also, as of now, a tie-in/sequel is in the works for the What-If. :rainbowwild:

A wonderful spin-off story.
Though one thing that really doesn't play that much is how Twilight was just left out of everything - I would have thought that her friends and Celestia would be there more for her after the heart break.
... Unless she actively pushed them away so much that they were not able to do anything at all.

So, there will be more of this, huh? You certainly know how to keep us excited :pinkiehappy:

7844610 Yeah. It's hinted that she actively pushed everyone away and refused to listen to reason. When you're upset, sometimes it's hard to listen.

7844940 Psyche is a fragile thing. We've all been there, even if not nearly as bad as Twi.

Its not even gonna be as sequel if I see one. Its gonne be a squeequel *inwardly makes squeeing noise* :yay:

7853905 Glad you enjoyed it so. :ajsmug:

7854265 very much so! Thank you wonderful person! :trollestia:

Whooooah this Twilight is gonna be a villain in Shattered Dimensions? I was wondering where you were going with Alicorn Amulet Twilight.

7843990 well I really like that sunset shimmer got reformed and became the new element of magic and princess of friendship, that made me really happy because I really love her character and being to darn cute

I didn't realized this story existed until it was over. :twilightsheepish:

Overall, it was an enjoyable and relatively simple love story. I was surprised by the lack of a decent fight, but then again it's clear you're aim was to just establish the relationship. It's been a long time since I read S&M part 1, and I'm having a hard time deciding which ship I like more. The original seemed more natural I suppose :applejackunsure:

I found his desire to equip himself with a shield to be a tad odd. I've never really read that many comics, but I'm guessing that Peter looks up to America's favorite captain?

Very nice! This was a good "what if" story and seeing how different things turned out compared to it's counterpart.

I especially liked the Avengers reference that you made. It was pretty hilarious. :rainbowlaugh:

Awesome work as usual Maximus, and I'll see you in another story!





~ Super-Brony12

Okay then. So we've had a story where Twilight wins and Luna resigns peacefully, and now there's a story where Luna wins and Twilight loses tragically. Can we now have a story where Luna and Twilight decide to share?

7972654 You have won my heart with this comment and homage. :rainbowlaugh:

7972903 Huh.... didn't think I'd go THAT far with that. But thanks.
Sorry about the last angry comment I wrote. I kind of still mean it that I don't think Nightmare's transition was handled that well, but I've been feeling more angry as of late on and offline, and I'm sorry that you were just the latest focus of that.

7982678 We all have our days. It happens. I understand. Don't worry about it. :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment