• Published 25th Dec 2016
  • 7,134 Views, 258 Comments

Spiders and Magic: What If Luna Revealed Her Feelings Before Twilight Sparkle? - Maximus_Reborn



What if Princess Luna revealed her feelings for Peter Parker before Twilight Sparkle could?

  • ...
36
 258
 7,134

A Dream of Reality

Chapter Eleven “A Dream of Reality”

The milky orb in the night sky shone brightly over the land. Luna stood on top of the castle balcony with her gaze fixated into the telescope. It was her duty to ensure nothing escaped her watchful eye. However, a faint rumble reached the mare’s ear. She glanced to the side, blankly staring at the source of the sound.

Peter sat by the railing, sleeping soundly. A strand of drool hung from the stallion’s open mouth, and Luna held a bemused glare. Her chosen knight and great hero fell asleep on the job at the start of their shift. It was laughable, but a softened gaze surfaced on the mare’s face.

Just earlier in the day, Peter was called to assist with a matter within the Crystal Empire. Sombra had returned, hiding the Crystal Heart away. Peter fought the dark entity on his own, buying Sunset Shimmer and the other wielders of the Elements of Harmony time to locate and reactivate the Crystal Heart. Sombra was vanquished, and the residents of the Crystal Empire returned to normal.

At the worst, Peter had his share of bruises, but his rapid healing factor took care of most of the visible damage. However, that did nothing for his exhaustion it seemed. Yet, Luna managed a smile before simply shrugging. Peter practiced great character by attempting to work in spite of his evident exhaustion. The princess let out a small sigh before she returned her line of sight to her telescope.

However, the mare paused as a thought crept into her mind. She stared intently at Peter for what felt like eons. Her lover looked at peace, leaning next to her side without a care in the world. She glanced back to the outside world before returning her gaze to the stallion. She had her own jobs to attend to, but the mere thought brought forth a grave realization, evident by her widened blue irises.

Peter had become an intricate part of her world, both physically and emotionally. She had opened her heart to him, finding love for the first time in her long life. Despite Peter’s charm and playful demeanor, Luna usually found a way to remain professional and diligent in her duties. Sadly, Peter was very good at providing distractions, and it clouded her thinking process.

Luna cursed under her breath. How could she have forgotten something so flagrant? It was part of her duty, and yet, it never crossed her mind in regards to her lover. Luna could only shake her head shamefully. Somehow, she had never ventured into Peter’s dreams since he came to Equestria or after they formed a relationship together. The alicorn arched a brow as she inwardly questioned herself.

While Peter was relatively laidback, there was a good chance he would consider such a thing intrusive. In many ways, it was, but Luna never thought twice about it in her many eons. It was her job as Princess of the Night to watch over the land and its inhabitants, including their dreams. She had the ability to protect them from nightmares and help her subjects with the troubles that caused them, as well as defend against the rare supernatural afflictions to the dreamscape.

Considering that she herself lost herself to such a supernatural affliction once in her life, one would think the princess would hold firm and never lose sight of the goal. Luna groaned under her breath. This was exactly what she was afraid of, prior to her falling in love with Peter: losing focus carelessly. Shifting her gaze about aimlessly, Luna knew she had to make up for such a mistake. However, that same hesitance reemerged.

What would Peter think if she intruded? It could hamper their relationship, and the idea of her losing her beloved because of her own carelessness sent a nervous chill through the alicorn. However, cooler heads prevailed before Luna simply considered the outcomes. Peter had never shown any signs of distrust, and if he had questions in regards to her intrusion, she would just be upfront as usual. If anything, the stallion somehow appreciated her blunt and outspoken honesty, whereas it tended to alienate everypony else (with the exception of her sister, who simply accepted it for what it was over the eons).

Soon, a blank expression surfaced on the mare’s face. While she had her doubts, a sense of cynicalness returned. She wasn’t just afraid of what Peter would think, not completely. The mare frowned, not sure if she wanted to see what Peter was dreaming about. His mind ran with many thoughts, evident by his ever-running mouth. However, in spite of his relative innocence, Peter was a male, and some of his innuendos reinforced that. They were in a relationship, and Peter was quick to remind Luna of such openly, both emotionally and physically. The princess whined under her breath. Those hooves of his had habits of being… touchy, as she intimately learned.

Luna’s face flushed to a bright shade of pink after a duration. It didn’t matter. She had a job to do, and nothing would stop her. If Peter had complaints, he’d take it with her. After all, she outranked him, and talking back to her would be deemed as insubordination. He’d accept the circumstance and love it. Her irises fading behind a blinding light, the mare’s body vanished from sight before she dove into the stallion’s mind. The images of his thoughts took shape, morphing into a form of reality.

Suddenly, the surrounding area’s distorted image cleared before Luna found herself standing within the reaches of a building. The alicorn paused, eyeing her surroundings. Many lockers were spread along the walls, as well as choice banners hung overhead. Suddenly, a bell rung profusely through the halls, prompting many of the surrounding doors to swing open. Luna levitated towards the ceiling, fading from sight in a burst of light, but she watched from the comforts of the dreamscape as many bipedal creatures, each wearing various sets of clothing, rushed out of the hallways.

Soon enough, Luna recognized the settings in spite of the bipedal creatures roaming about. This was a school, and it seemed to be the end of the day for these students, evident by their excited demeanors to exit the premises. A sense of curiosity overtook the alicorn. She had not sensed Peter’s presence in any of the crowds. Inhaling deeply, Luna’s eyes emitted a bright light before she shifted her gaze. Suddenly, she paused upon spotting an open door at the end of the hallway. A warm and familiar aura hummed from the area. Peter was there, and he was alone.

Luna gracefully lowered herself to the ground once certain nopony would spot her. She soon entered the room with a furrowed brow, quietly closing the door behind her with a furrowed brow. At the end of the room, a lone individual stood with his back unknowingly facing the mare as he brushed an eraser feverishly against a chalkboard, wiping about the collected row of formulas and equations. He wore a bright grey, button-up shirt with matching pants bearing a considerably darker shade of the same color. Luna narrowed her gaze, recognizing the individual’s unkempt, chocolate brown mane.

In spite of his lack of fur, revealing his light skin, the princess smiled. “Peter?”

The male paused before glancing at the mare from the corner of his eye, revealing a large pair of glasses over his face. “Luna?” There wasn’t apprehension in his voice, only genuine bewilderment. He blinked, staring at the pony who stood tall enough to reach his chest. “What are you doing? How…?”

She raised a hoof objectively, smiling. “At ease, my love. You are dreaming. I simply entered your dreams once you fell asleep on the job.”

“I fell asleep…?” Peter lightly questioned, blinking before chuckling sheepishly. “Oh, yeah. That’s right. I guess I was a little tired.” Sobering, the young man held an unreadable expression towards the mare. “I hoped that power nap earlier would have helped, but it seems it didn’t do any good at all. Sorry, Luna. Don’t tell me that you’re here to fire me for sleeping on the job.”

Luna shook her head and laughed lightly. “Of course not. An apology is not needed. I’ll practice leniency on the grounds that you aided Equestria greatly today by helping defeat King Sombra.” The alicorn glanced to the side. “So I suppose I’ll let you pass with a warning. This time.”

Peter folded his arms before sitting on the edge of the desk, arching a knowing brow at the pony. “Sarcasm? Heh, it sounds like somepony’s making some progress. Is that the only reason you’re cutting me some slack? I thought it might have been my good looks that swayed you.”

“H-hardly,” Luna stammered, glancing to the side momentarily. “Should I practice leniency often, you’ll take advantage of it. Somepony has to keep you in check, after all.”

Shrugging in a mock-hurt fashion, Peter simply chuckled under his breath. “Fair enough. Celestia told me that this is part of your job. I’m just surprised it took you this long to peek inside my head.” He brushed a finger across his cheek. “You picked a good day. It’s usually a dream with me on an island filled with lonely supermodels.” Faster than Peter could react, Luna aimed her glowing horn at his torso, holding an icy glare. The young man held his ground, chuckling nervously before he waved a hand defensively. “Too soon?” As if accepting the apology, she lowered her defense, allowing Peter to gently yet playfully slap the mare’s flank. “You fill out a bikini better than them, anyway.”

The flush on Luna’s face practically glowed, as feelings of offense, anger, and flattery rushed her mind simultaneously. Even now, she wasn’t sure how to feel. “I’ve only done that once for your amusement. You are truly a dog at times.”

“Woof,” Peter replied, smirking. He closed his eyes and sighed. “Am I really a dog? You’re open-minded enough to humor me. Remember the thigh-high socks? I do.” The reality behind the young man distorted, revealing an image of a recent memory. Luna blinked as she watched herself layed across a bed, bearing a sultry gaze. The sky blue-colored socks covered most of her legs, yet they amplified the depth of her flank. She cared not, evident by the want in her eyes. Peter’s smile widened. “My pervy, pervy princess. Meow.”

Luna frowned at the image of herself, blushing. “How despicable. You should have some class and dignity.”

“Why make me wait, Peter? Waste not my time and take me!” the illusion version of Luna growled, prompting the actual princess to blast a beam through the cloud.

The image dissipated from existence, but the crimson blush on Luna’s face seemed permanent. “Should those memories reach anypony’s ears, I’m mind-wiping you! With your growing idiocy, that’ll probably be an improvement on a grandiose scale!” She huffed, resisting the memories and pleasure that day brought. “I’m becoming an animal because of you. How low have I fallen?”

“Not low enough, judging from your smile,” Peter grinned, lowering until he kissed the back of the mare’s ear.

Slow to respond, the princess stole a glance at the chalkboard. “Then, I’ll count your blessing that I won’t need to smite you.” She eventually turned her head to the side, narrowing her gaze on the allotted collection of empty chairs scattered across the classroom. “I’m surprised. A school teacher? Is this a random dream or a concealed desire? Care to talk about it?”

“It’s silly,” Peter murmured, returning his own gaze to the chalkboard before grabbing the eraser.

Luna closed the gap between herself and the young man, holding a stern yet gentle expression. “Feelings spoken from the heart may be silly at times, but they are genuine. You’ve always made me smile because you live your life in such earnestness. It’s one of the reasons why I’ve fallen in love with you.” The temperature in her face rose, evident by her blooming cheeks. She had grown more comfortable saying those wonderful words, and their effects only grew in time. Clearing her fuzzy thoughts, the alicorn bit down on her lip. “You have me saying s-silly things. Just tell me what is on your mind.”

Pausing, Peter arched a brow before smiling. “It’s hard to resist you when you’re acting so cute.”

Frowning, Luna blankly stared at the young man as her cheeks continued to glow. “I hate you.”

“That means ‘I love you’ in Luna’s language, right?” Peter grinned before gently placing the eraser down and sobering after a brief duration. “I guess I’m a little homesick.” Luna’s eyes softened at the comment as she quietly watched the young man lower his head. “Just before I was pulled into Equestria, I was in college. I always wanted to be a scholar and a teacher someday, but the Spider-Man part of my life made it difficult to focus on the studies and… everything else in my personal life. I was actually on my way to failing because of it. In a way, Twilight kind of saved me before I could get my final grades for the semester. With as many classes as I missed, it’s a no-brainer what the results were going to be.”

Luna tilted her head to the side. “In a sense, I’m not entirely surprised. You are very intelligent for your young age. Honestly, I could offer you a recommendation to any school in Equestria. With your intelligence, I’m sure you could earn a degree in good time.” The alicorn paused, furrowing her brow. “Have you ever reconsidered resuming school?”

Peter shook his head. “I thought about it, but I have too many responsibilities now.”

Luna edged closer to the young man until they were inches apart. “...but are you happy?” Her usually firm voice wavered, lowering to a gentle tone that barely registered as a whisper. Luna’s gaze lowered to the ground. “I love having you by my side, but I will not confine you against your will.”

The young man blinked, staring at the princess with a widened gaze, but he managed a smile, reaching out before sliding a hand behind Luna’s ear. “Against my will? Luna, I’m the happiest I’ve ever been because of you. I’ve spent months away with Sunset Shimmer. Trust me, I’m perfectly content staying here with you.”

Luna instinctively leaned into Peter’s hand, unaware of the pink flush burning on her cheeks. “Are you sure?”

“It’s in the past, Luna. I’ve spent most of my time in Equestria clinging to the past, letting my guilt take over my life,” Peter sternly declared, planting a kiss between the mare’s eyes before stepping back. “I’m focusing on the present now, and I know what my future is. My future is you. Sometimes, life throws a curveball. We have to adjust with what’s given to us. I’m a knight now, and I couldn’t be happier. Believe me.”

Luna pursed her lips, unable to contain a warm smile before she eventually nodded. “Very well. Your mind is already set. I won’t say any more.”

The alicorn turned to leave, but Peter reached out, prompting her to stop. “Hold on, Luna.” Pausing, the young man scratched the back of his head once the princess arched a brow in his direction. “Something’s been bugging me. When you dive into someone’s dream, can you shift into what the dreamer imagines you to be?”

“Only if I allow it. I am intangible and can adjust to fit the dreamer’s vision,” Luna simply replied, pausing briefly before narrowing her gaze. “...Why do you ask?”

Peter walked up to Luna, extending his hand to the mare. “This is the first time you’ve seen me, right? I mean, as a human. This is what I looked like before I became a pony.” A small smile graced the young man’s face. “Are you weirded out yet?”

Huffing, Luna lifted her head and turned to the side. “Hardly. I’ve seen many things in my long lifetime.” Inhaling deeply before sighing, the princess nodded. “As I have told you before, I love you for your heart. I care not for your past. I only love you for who you are now.” Luna bit down on her lip, avoiding Peter’s gaze. “D-don’t make me repeat myself again. Is that understood?”

Chuckling, Peter patted the top of the mare’s head playfully yet affectionately. “Yes, Ma’am. I get it.”

The princess murmured under her breath, frowning. Peter soon stepped back, closing his eyes briefly. Suddenly, the area around Luna distorted, causing her body to vanish from sight momentarily. The area soon morphed before a woman rose from the alicorn’s position. Her dark blue hair was brilliantly combed, reaching her lower shoulders. Standing upright, she was practically the same height as Peter, if not an inch taller.

Her slender figure stood eloquently in her dark business suit and skirt combination. The corner of her lips curled into a smile before she pressed a hand against the young man’s chest, easing him down to a sitting position. She eased into his lap, rubbing one hand through Peter’s hair while resting the other over his shoulder. The pair sat in a comfortable silence with their gazes inches apart from each other.

“Luna…” Peter whispered, trailing off.

“Is this how you imagined that I’d look as a human, let alone a teacher?” Luna questioned, never averting her gaze from Peter’s hazel irises. Strangely, the young man never offered a response. The temperature in his face rose considerably, evident by the pink flush filling his cheeks. The corner of Luna’s lips curled into a smirk. “Speechless? Why is that?”

Suddenly, Luna inhaled sharply as she felt Peter’s hand fell over her bum before gripping it soundly. The young man smirked quietly. “That’s all I needed to know. Whether you’re a pony or human, I know you’re the most beautiful girl in existence.”

Luna’s mind grew fuzzy. “Are you being romantic, lewd, or… both, somehow? I can never quite figure you out. I suppose that’s just one more of the things I love about you.” Casting her pride away, she yielded to the young man’s advances, allowing his hands to explore her body further. She was going to melt in ecstasy, yet her smile seemed permanent. “Shall I wake you up now?”

Peter leaned forward, pressing his lips against Luna’s before parting. “Doesn’t matter. When I’m with you, I’m always in a dream, and I haven’t woken up yet.”

To be continued...