• Published 14th Feb 2019
  • 9,752 Views, 323 Comments

Accismus - Zaid ValRoa



When Starlight is left alone with Spike for the weekend, some deep-seated feelings threaten to surface. That may not be such a bad thing.

Comments ( 32 )

If the story didn't make it obvious, I really like cooking.
I can clearly remember the look of silent satisfaction on my dad's face when I first cooked a steak in just the way he loved. The happy approval on my mom's eyes when I managed to perfectly emulate my grandma's chicken stew. The joyful bliss on my ex's face when she tried my Oreo® cheesecake. All memories I hold dearly.
So, if you don't mind the somewhat pitiful question.
Did I do well with Accismus? :twilightblush:

10179196
Mmm... no.

You did spectacular. Yours is one of those rare stories that have a well-planned and defined beginning and ending, and lengthy enough to take its time and explore its subject without overstaying its welcome. Also nice touch on ending it with a chapter that explores how the seeds were first planted in Starlight's heart... lavacake seeds that is.

Congratz on making it to the finish line without giving in to the temptation of sprinting that last stretch. Please take the time to recharge your batteries and hopefully we'll see you again for your next project some day. :raritywink:

This story has been most excellent. :3

I'm fairly certain that this occurred years back from what has been the present timeline for the story up to this point. It kind of felt like this could have been a flashback to a moment that unknowingly could have sparked Starlight's feelings for Spike. Or perhaps simply the first time (or one of the first) times they cooked together. What I do know, however, is that I have enjoyed reading this story a lot and am glad to see it through to its end. Plus this story made me a fan of a Starlight ship I would not have previously associated with her (though I'm still very much a Startrixburst ship fan).

Cooking and romance, what's not to love? :pinkiehappy:

This story has been awesome

Amazing job, Sir! Enjoyed the ride, but loved the journey into, "Cooking, Fun and Love with Spike & Starlight"!:heart:

Later!:moustache:

Had this is my tracking folder from the first chapter waiting for it to finish to start and it was very much worth the wait.

I wish more people would make Starlight stories at this level of quality. '

Excited to see what you write next!

I loved this story and always looked forward to each new part.

If I may ask, is this set before the events of the main story?

Also, that sounds just about how a game of Risk ends...but with less destruction.

10179196
You did a fantastic job! Both the cooking elements and the gentle, loving, exploitative relationship both reflect your care for them and come together to tell a story that feels complete and satisfying. It has been a privilege to follow this journey. Thank you so much for the story, and the new recipes!

I can't believe we finally made it to the end!
Great story and one of my favorite pairings.
Thanks for your work on this story :twilightsmile:

10179281
Awww, shucks... Thanks, that means a lot.

Congratz on making it to the finish line without giving in to the temptation of sprinting that last stretch.

I've been working on this story since May 2016, I'll be damned if I was going to fail at ending it.


10179458
Thank you! I did my best. :twilightsmile:


10179464
Yup!
This is a flashback to the initial stages of Spike and Starlight's friendship. I think it's a nice contrast to how close they would become in following years while still showing the same dynamic.
I'm glad I made you like the ship! That's probably one of the best things I could've accomplished with this story.


10179877
You know, I almost wanted to make a joke comparing Stalight and Spike's love to slow cooking, but I think Glimmy has suffered enough.


10179882
You've been awesome! :rainbowdetermined2:


10180018
If Spike and Starlight start a cooking show on public access television once they've been married for a few decades and hit their middle age, I think they'd call it that.


10180074
Reading stories in one go is always so satisfying. I'm glad to know I did a good job!
Here's to some quality Starlight stories in the future.


10180121
I hope it was all worth the long waits. :twilightsheepish:


10180330
Yup. This takes place a few months after Starlight arrived at Ponyville. So, I guess calling it an Epilogue is a bit disingenuous, isn't it?
Sorry about that.
Also, once a friend and I started playing digital Risk, the amount of property destruction was reduced considerably,


10180459
You know, one of my stealth objectives with this story was to get people to cook. And believe me, I struggled to find some tasty recipes in my repertoire that did not include meat of any kind. Still, if I managed to incite someone into cooking, I'll be incredibly happy.


10180523
Yeah, I can't believe it either! :derpyderp1:


Once more, an immense thank you to everyone who believed in this story.
Thank you for reading and I hope to see you again in the future.
Cheers!
:yay:

If this was what it took for Twilight to shelve her Risk game and never touch it again, it's a price worth paying. (Risk is one of the worst board games ever designed, don't @ me.)

Also: Good to see this through to the end, and what a fun ride it was. Looking forward to more from you.

10180582
You have way more resilience than I do, my friend. Last time I tried to complete a story I gave up 3 chapters in. Now I'm currently working on a story 5 chapters (soon to be 6) in! You're an inspiration ya know in that regard?

A wonderful ride of a story. Kind of sad to see it finished... but I loved it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

This is all cute as heck, damn, I WANT A SEQUEL ALREADY

Yup... No shame in reading this one again, now that it's finished.
Instead of watching it for the plot, I'm ... reading it for the recipes? :derpytongue2:

10180591
You know, I find that when you play Risk--or similar games--virtually and let the computer take care of all the minutiae of the game, it's actually quite enjoyable. For a given value of enjoyment, that is.


10180667
Aw, thanks!
Also, please never give up. Back in 2013 I didn't imagine I could write long stories. Or at all, really. But! I just kept working hard and eventually managed to, uh, manage longer stories.
I wish you the best, though!
Keep writing and never give up.


10180918
I'll keep silent for now, but look forward to a large wrap-up blog post next week. :raritywink:


10181564
Thank you for reading! It was great knowing people were lookin forward to the updates.


10182022
I'll talk about future projects about these two next week. Look forward to it!


10184986
"No, dad. You don't understand. I'm reading this to learn how to make a tartine. Seeing Starlight get fucked silly is just a bonus!"

I think adding a line in italics saying "X (months/years) earlier" would do a lot to prevent confusion as to when this happened. I know I started reading this chapter thinking Twilight was mad because Starlight broke Spike's heart or something like that, and it took reading it twice to realize it was a flashback.

Aw, this was so sweet! Just the way you wrote the characters was not only true to them but also made their relationship believable. Four stars!

I don’t get the epilouge

Plot
Cooking is so fun.
Hoping for more cooking. Also, more sexy times double penetration or was thinking about sharing with Trixie?

10326799
It's a flashback to Starlight's early days in Ponyville, as well as the first spark that would later develop into her love for Spike.
10327429
Let's hope to see what the future holds!
:twilightsmile:

10327501
Thanks for explaining this for me!

3rd time I’ve tried this, still can’t get through it.
:(

10446052
Aw, what seems to be the problem?

10448058
The story kinda feels like it’s just Starlight and Spike doing things as a couple. I haven’t read it all, but that’s the feeling it keeps leaving in my mind. Whenever I read romance stories out of boredom, it’s usually to see the relationship grow and grow until it peaks. Bringing them together for that special kiss. Once that’s done, you’re free to put the pair in whatever scenarios you choose. That’s what I’m doing, at least.

Although, the repercussions of my awful first arc will probably take forever to wither.

Well this is one of the best Spike x Starlight stories I've ever read, everyone was in character, all of the characters were likable, the chemistry between Spike and Starlight was marvelous, my only complaint is that you didn't add Discord, I mean he's one of Spike's friends and I'm sure he'd love teasing Starlight about it but ah well it was still a great story. 10/10.

10736921
Dude, no problem at all. Like I said, I’m still happy so many others enjoy your story. Success is still success!

There are not many novels about Spike X Starlight Glimmer. I don't want to finish reading it.

Login or register to comment