• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 21,342 Views, 1,224 Comments

Fleeting Flames - Duelist96



A human learns the pains of living with two pegasi that also happen to be superstars.

Comments ( 134 )

I love it when Blueblood isn't a complete and total ass.

IT.LIVES.

YES!!! Finally......I've been waiting so long.:raritycry:

I love this story. But can we lessen the 'everyone wants to get in the human's pants' trope, it really gets old and destracts from the main pairings a lot.

8138033 I can say for most it will be less, but Silk won't stop because that's how she is as a character. It's also more teasing than anything else. None of them hold any romantic feelings for the main character.

I chocked on the food I was eating when I saw this updated.

Does my eyes deceive me? Nay, tis true. The story lives once more.

Holy shit it lives!

She continued to squirm in my grasp before I gently set her down on the bed. She moved to stand up, but a gentle prod to her side had her fall back down. Her wings flapped in irritation as she let out a small growl. Refusing to heed her warning, I pulled the blanket up and tucked her underneath it. Thankfully she folded her wings to her side to avoid any damage. Once I had her wrapped, I grabbed one of her pillows and placed her head under it.

this sounds like the pillow is above her head and not under it. I think you should go for "placed the pillow under her head" or "place her head above it"

8138342 Thanks. I'll fix that as soon as I can.

BY THE DIVINES! NECROMANCY! STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
glad to see the update

Ahh, its nice to see the creative flow returning to you. Loved the update and chapter.

I feel a little sad for the princesses now.

“That’s because of how tight of a leash Rarity has on Rainbow,

i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/430/609/3d9.png

“Many actually enjoyed my company and the conversations that we held, but two had been lucky enough to see more,” Celestia said, a sultry grin spread across her lips as she peered back to see my reaction.

media.giphy.com/media/szNtC0EsQ62GY/giphy.gif
You don't say, Celly? :rainbowwild: :trollestia: :rainbowlaugh:

I wasn’t certain what I was going to use with that information, but it was interesting to know.

Well, that assumes that Celestia wasn't trolling you when she mentioned pegasus "nesting habits," Mark. :rainbowlaugh: :trollestia:

Wait a minute... "Nesting habits..."

Surely she couldn't be referring to this?
camo.derpicdn.net/cccb5dffa9da30438bec1846c7c014cb312ae8bc?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpre09.deviantart.net%2Fa28a%2Fth%2Fpre%2Ff%2F2016%2F052%2Fb%2F1%2Fconcerning_pegasi_by_captainpudgemuffin-d9soqv7.png

8138040 The problem I have is more with the description of the interaction with Celestia. She is overly relaxed and touchy with Mark. Even good friends don't do what was written during that scene, it should be a bit more refined. That's just my feeling on the chapter. I love this story and was one of the first five stories that I decided to follow when I made an account on here, so don't feel like I'm bashing. I just want your story to be as good as it can be.

Never thought blue would be ok... Weird, oh and glad your still kickn bass. :moustache:

8138462 I would only say she is like that only because of after her many years of interacting with humans that have appeared. I do see where you're coming from, and it is something I see people respond to differently. I've seen friends who could be like this and those that can't. Granted, you'll see more of the latter. Thank you, though, for your view and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story.

Mark just entered the Cantorlot rumor mill. Thank Blue Blood you jerk. His mood shifted way to quickly.

8137915
Yiu can't say things like that. Donkeys might take offense from being associated with Blue Blood... :rainbowlaugh:

whoa! celestia is a freak! nice chapter :heart:

Omg I've been waiting so long for a new chapter of this

Calm before the storm? Maybe?

IT'S BACK YEESSSSSS

:twilightblush: YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!! :twilightsmile:

Huh... Blueblood isn't a complete arse? Well then, I'm shocked and I approve.

“Please, do not touch my fluff,” Celestia stated with a stern expression.

:rainbowlaugh:
That's a hilarious image.

Nicely done man!

Welcome Back!

Finally, it comes back entirely from left field and it´s just as good as I remember it!
Everyone, down on your knees and rejoice! media.riffsy.com/images/2bd86e818d17f1ceb8d1ea413efe3c3b/raw

YES!!! IT HAS RETURNED!

It's actually fun where you see stories where blueblood isn't a complete and utter asshole, where like he maybe pretends to be so the nobles don't catch on, like in The Lunar Guardsman for instance, mind you, it's also funny in stories like A Wolf Among Ponies where he gets utterly REKT, I can't decide which I like more.

Glad to see the story make a comeback. :pinkiehappy:

...It's alive... IT'S ALIVE!
No but really, Im glad to see an update to this. I've missed this story. Looking forward to more, as always. :)

For some reason all I could think of is back in the saddle off of the movie RED.

8151610 No dubs for you, sorry.

Welcome back! I enjoyed the chapter. I look forward to more, I kinda want to see the end.

I Started reading after it came out of hiatus,
I absolutely loved reading it and looking forward to more. :yay:
liked the 3 references to other stories i read before :twilightsmile:

Great chapter! Hope the next one is done soon!

I honestly think the best thing about this story is the slower development of the characters and especially the relationships between those characters. Other writers like to jump straight to the romance and skip the teasing or development between the couple; so great job! I've noticed that mark is not the smartest, and I think that combos with the evident anger issues. One thing you could improve on, is that the devolpment of the main character mark is not as good as the others. Something I just picked up on. otherwise, this is a amazing story and hope you don't drop it. Good luck!

8256209
I'm glad you enjoy it so far and I do hope to have something out soon.

As for Mark, I always felt it was more he just had his moments, but I do greatly appreciate your feedback and hopefully fix this if it is truly a problem.

This's bloody awesome, and BTW, if you ever need another editor, give me a holler, would love to help whenever possible. But great story and progression.

Can't wait for more.

8309113
The foul-mouthed pony was an OC from a person who is a far superior writer compared to myself.

JimboTex

Story of foul-mouthed pony.

2/10
Chest fluff wasn't touched.

8310222
This is what happens when you create dragon tits and upcoming sphinx tits. You ruin things for everyone else.

8329310
No that's okay. Shall I make a group for us?

More please!

8438373
I take it you enjoyed what you've read so far?

As for more, school has been keeping me away from most of my writing.

Have read this twice now and still love it. I am really hoping this continues as you are a good writer and the story is very engaging.

Is this story deceased?

8516827
No, I'm just way more focused on my school work for the time being.

Login or register to comment