• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 26,074 Views, 1,139 Comments

A New Flame - The Zebra Hybrid



A human named James is transported into Equestria with some surprising results. First installment of the Hybrid Universe[Displaced Story]

  • ...
191
 1,139
 26,074

Act 2 Finale: A New Home

Two Weeks Later

I wake up from my comfort of slumber as I let out a large yawn. I rub my eyes as I try to sit up only for an unknown force to pull me back down on the bed. I look over to see Fluttershy wrapping her forehooves around my waist with a big smile on her face. Oh yeah, I totally forgot she stayed over from yesterday, she seemed to still be a bit exhausted from yesterday's activities as well. Bolt was curled up at the foot of the bed sleeping as well, which bought a smile to my face, as much as I wanted to stay in the bed with them I had to get up. I managed to stealthily wiggle from Fluttershy's grasp and make my way to the bathroom an do my normal morning routine.

As I make my way out of the room and closing the door, I heard two familiar voices down stairs in the kitchen. I slowly go down the stairs and peek around the corner to see Malefor and Trixie arguing about what they should cook for breakfast. After the whole Crystal Empire incident and we returned to Ponyville I allowed Trixie and Malefor to stay with me. Even though they would always bicker like a married couple, it was nice to have the company. Sam and the other dragons has returned to Thedas to continue their usual missions form Ignitus. Derpy would occasionally stop by and deliver letters from Sam to my house, with the daily dose of a muffin of course. Twilight had went back to her princess duties with Spike, the Crusaders and Dinky still causing a bit of trouble here and there, Pinkie throwing parties, Applejack on the farm, Rarity in her boutique, Fluttershy taking care of animals, and Rainbow....sleeping? I guess? I never really asked what she did for a living.

"I told you we are having sausage and bacon for breakfast!" yelled Malefor.

"And Trixie has told we ponies don't eat meat! We are having simple toast and cereal!" shouted back Trixie.

"Well you are going to have to suck it up. I'm cooking the sausage and bacon!"

"Do you even realize that Fluttershy is here! Trixie assumes she will freak out when she gets down here!"

"Then we eat without her, is that so hard?"

I chuckle gaining their attention as both of their heads turn toward me in the doorway. Trixie seemed to have an embarrassed expression as Malefor only turns his head. "Trixie is sorry James. We didn't wake you from your sleep did we?" she apologized.

"Nah," I answer with a smile,"You're good. I slept like a rock. So whats the problem now?"

Trixie expression immediately turns into a frown, "This lug thinks it's a good idea to have 'meat' of all things while there are ponies present!"

"And I don't care what she says!" added Malefor with his back turned, "We are having sausage and bacon!"

I chuckle and head to the fridge without them knowing and make myself and Fluttershy a bowl of cereal and took them back upstairs with the sounds of their argument growing more and more faint. I walk back through the door to see Bolt run past me and head some where in the house, I look back in the room and see Fluttershy awake and sitting up in the bed. I chuckled at her frazzled mane and droopy eyes as her gaze meets mine. She gives a small smile as I climb back in the bed with her and peck her cheek.

"Morning, Flutters" I say as I give her cereal.

"Morning James," she says back,"Thank you for the cereal. Not to be rude but I was expecting something more."

"Not with Malefor and Trixie arguing down stairs."

Fluttershy giggles and uses one of her wings to use the spoon to scoop the cereal and place it between her lips. I didn't know they could use their wings like that. Can I do that? Questions for later. "Those two have really been a handful for you haven't they?" she asked with a little worry

"Its alright," I say taking a scoop of my own cereal, "It's nice having the company."

"James..." Fluttershy says softly.

"Yeah? Are you ok?"

""Are you?"

I knew exactly what she was talking about.....


One Week Earlier; Twilight's Castle

I knock on the giant doors to Twilight's tree...crystal...castle...place, waiting for an answer. I was wondering why she called me over so suddenly? To be honest it was a week since the battle in the Crystal Empire and me and Malefor learning the mastermind of our and Sam's arrival here in Equestria. "Acnologia...." I say quietly to myself, this couldn't be right. How could someone like him be in Equestria? None of this made any sense and he needed more-

"Acnologia?" said the voice of Spike form the door snapping me from my thoughts. Shit! I didn't even notice the little dude was there!

"Oh! Uh...Hi Spike is Twilight home?" I say trying to avoid the subject.

He shrugs and nods, "Yeah she, Fluttershy, and Derpy are waiting for you inside."

I nod and thank the small dragon and make my way inside. Fluttershy and Derpy were here too? Now I was really thinking on why I was called. I make my way over to where the...crystal map? I think that's what they called it, but anyways I go in the room with the that inside and see Twilight, Fluttershy and Derpy all with smiles on their faces...but they didn't look like happy smiles. I didn't like this?

"Twilight? Fluttershy? Derpy?" I all out while walking toward them, "What's going on?"

"James," said Twilight in a strained voice, "You might want to sit down."

"Huh, what's wrong you three?" I ask,

"James..." started Derpy, "We all love you and we don't want to see you hurt in anyway."

"What? Where is this coming from?"

"James, we can't do this." said Twilight as my heart fell to the pit of my stomach. I knew exactly what this was and why Twilight called me here, but I didn't want to believe it.

"We can't be in a herd anymore James," cracked Derpy.

"Wh-what...why!?" I ask desperately, none of this was making any sense!

"Me, Fluttershy, and Derpy were talking....and we noticed that we won't be able to share you."

"But...everything has just been fine this last week!"

"That's because we've been hiding our true feelings. We didn't want to upset you, so me and the girls decided that only way we could continue to make you happy is to not be in a herd anymore," Twilight levitates a letter over to me, "Here this is from Sam.....she also agreed to this."

I take the letter and read it trying to find any flaw. This had to be some sick joke by Discord or something! But no one could forge Sam's hand writing, it says right here in black and white that she had agreed to not being in a herd. I sigh and drop the letter.

"Wait..." I say, "What about you Flutters? You've been quiet this whole time."

"That's another thing we wanted you to tell you," started Derpy, "Since we're not in a herd anymore.....it doesn't mean one of us can't still be with you."

"So we put it to a vote," added Twilight, "And we decided that Fluttershy was the best choice. She was the one who always stuck by your side when you arrived here. She never gave up trying to look for you and she was the one that stood up for you when you were going to be executed. So...we, including Sam, decided it would be Fluttershy."

I look over to Fluttershy to see her blushing but I could tell that she was feeling guilty that she was picked and not any of the others. I stand up and walk up to the yellow mare and pull her into an embrace, she only hugged me back accepting my nonverbal answer as Twilight and Derpy joined n the hug as well.


Present

"I'm fine," I say, "It's not like we aren't still friends."

She smiles and leans on to my shoulder placing her bowl of cereal on the nightstand next to her, "Good, I just wanted to make sure that your ok with this."

I sadly chuckle, "I am a little depressed, but....I'll get over it. Especially with you with me."

Fluttershy cutely blushes and places her lips upon mine as I kiss back. The kiss becomes more passionate as she sighs and pulls away her eyes still close. I pull the pegasus close and we cuddle in the bed bringing a smile to my face. You know what Acnologia can show his face, because I know when he does me and Malefor will be their to knock him back to where ever he came.

And we won't lose.


Unknown

The doors leading to a dark room, barely being illuminated by torches, swung open. In walked in a hulking green humanoid with green pointy ears he walked to the center of the room and took a knee to a another green figure clad in dark robes and siting in a meditation position.

"Warlock Volk," the hulking orc said in a gruff voice, "Our spies have found the locations of the two dragons. Shall we gather the forces?"

The robed figure shook his head, "Not not War-chief Hrathgar, I have just made contact with our Lord Acnologia and he wants those two alive when he returns. In the mean time focus your attention in locating those seals."

"Yes sir," said Hrathgar standing to his feet and heading out the room, "I'll leave right away."

Once Hrathgar left the room Volk looked up in front of him, "Soon Lord Acnologia, you will have your revenge upon the inhabitants of this world and be our true god!"

In front of him was a painting of a giant black and blue dragon with pure whites eyes with nothing but death and destruction behind him.

END OF ACT 2

Author's Note:

And there is the rest of Act 2! :yay:

For those who have questions on what happened to the herd was because of the backlash I got and the literal hate that came in my inbox. So I decided to just have James be with Fluttershy since those two had the most development throughout the story.

Okay! One last thing! Would you guys like a side story about Sam before James arrived to Equestria? The idea popped in my head the other day and I thought it would be interesting. It won't be long like James' story but more like a mini-series focusing on Sam and her adventures in Thedas and the rest of the elementals.

But as always comment on what you think below!:scootangel:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next time A God Emerges:

Comments ( 54 )

With the end of this chapter you will begin again eg battle of Gods?

Sad sam wasnt chosen, mostly because of the beastality thing but i just liked her charecter more. but its your story ao you do you, im just the reader.(doesnt mean i will stop reading tho, lol) and thanks for replying to my other comment

Funny. The chick that’s scared of dragons, gets down with a dragon.🤣😈

8772411
HellBreaker, you need to calm down!😓

yes on the side story about sam

Awwwwww.. I liked the herd Idea.. But it is your story. I'll still read it.

8775294
Don't worry I did too, However just because they aren't in a herd doesn't mean there isn't going to be any chemistry:raritywink:

8775125
Wait... your not spock... Ug never mind... don't you have some... calibrations to take care of? :raritywink:

8775313
That's good. *Smiles*

A little quick the way to end the herd...

3 days and the whole 2 Arc‘s read!!

Awesome story and work dude!! Keep it up!

A little bit sad about the herd though. These four mares did everything in their might to rescue James and keep him safe and everything is outruled the next chapter? Seems strange.

Cheers! \m/

Good job hope next season meets with more crossings

8775661
8776460
8776705

Who said the herd was gone forever?
:trollestia:

8776705
Glad your loving the story!

8777022
Pretty sly pal.

While I liked this story a lot, I was kinda disappointed with how it turns out Celestia discord and Luna were just possessed. Personally I thought of it as a cop out but that’s just me.
I was thought that Luna really did hate dragons (probably didn’t notice any tells that they were possessed) and would’ve made for a much more interesting story than ‘possessed andbeat the crap out of them’.

Still a good story with a cliche ending to the first act.

8779052
Thank you for the kind words, however Luna did dislike the dragons and had a grudge against them so Nightmare Moon used that hate to take control of her. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

8779241
Ah okay I must’ve forgotten that part. Still I think it would’ve been a better (albeit harder to write) story if they were acting on their own and not under the influence of nightmare.

It still surprised me that they can't be in a herd anymore, but I enjoyed rereading this story :) It was fucking awesome!!!! XD

8779312
I would have to agree, but I still say that this ending was pretty good, cause it opens up to something even bigger.

8777022
I know u said u weren't into to romance stuff but if we're being honest here I was hoping for a NSFW chapter of a threesome (he get fuck while he sucks pussy) soooooooo super srry if it came off as a pervert/pedophile , make u think "Hmmp, NOPE!! He got problems"

8782951
Same....fucking amazing

Is this story dead?

8952219
No its just on hiatus so I can plan Act 3.

Although i wasnt a fan of where the story was going im still sad that you wont update it. And that old flame story you are making, what is it about?

8985485
Just to clarify the story isn't dead. I'm still planning Act 3, so it might be awhile for the next update. Also for Sam that is going to be a prequel to this story set when she arrived in Equestria.

I will never understand why people would go so far as to send hateful comments just because the author decided on a certain pairing of characters that they don't like themselves. You would never see me act like that when I was still a kid. I've always hated the Spike and Sweetie Belle pairing but I've never commented about how much I hate it to the author of the fanfic that decided on that pairing; all I end up doing is just leave the story. Why should people that I guarantee are older than me act in such a way. Sorry for the rant but it needed to be said. Hopefully you will decide to bring back the herd idea and if you get hate for it, just ignore them because they're to childish to be taken seriously anyways.

"Me, Fluttershy, and Derpy were talking....and we noticed that we won't be able to share you."

...*punches author in the face*

I have some questions about.....WHAT HAPPENED TO ACT 3!!!!!!!??????

Uhhh what? Grate story an all but I’m confused usually when there is acts it’s more then two from what I’ve seen with these things yet or says it completed...is there to be a sequel or what? ....I’m so confused. :applejackconfused:

9411369
Yes there will be a sequel down the line. Right now I'm doing a "cinematic" universe with my stories. So expect to see James and the others again!:pinkiehappy:

9411786 Ah thanks for clearing that up I’ll be on the look out

9411786
Need help.... with your cinematic universe?

Is it a Displaced Story.

9443343
I dont think so, it says it's in the hybrid multiverse but I'm not sure, it could be a displaced fic.

Edit: it is a displaced fic it says it in the description.

So I guess the side story about sam isn’t happening?

*says displaced* hahaha yeah no it’s not displaced when the search I looked for was spyro

i was enjoying this at first... then we get to the other chasing him, and then when he first wake sup again. i lost interest. he'd done nothing wrong to apologize for... they attacked first from what i can tell. =/

seems like one of those cases where nothing is really addressed, and just swept over.

Was act 3 disputed or something

That so wrong I really like the herd idea, now some fans have a hissy fit because they dont like it they do know because of what they said this make this part of the story like a cheep coup out , I read plenty of story oc human characters forming herds with the main 6 and the fans like it, but this this feel like the fans done nothing but put peer pressure on the writer because the story didn't go in the way they wanted it to go hear the thing people it's not your and if you dont like you try it Wright a fan fic story it's no easy feat , sure getting advice and getting some ideas from the fans is a good thing don't get wrong but this feel like the so called fans bullied Wrighter to get what they wanted because it didn't go how wanted it , I know cant make every one happy I get that but how the fan reacted might have had big impact on the story and could crose a bigger backlash because of it, its stuff like this put me of from writing my own fanfic if this how fan freck out because they favourite characters didn't get ship with anther characters.

How's the rewrite coming along?

Idk about flutters and James. I went for Sam and James because of 2 reasons. 1 was the fact that they were both dragons and 2 they are both humans so why they not end up together. I was really surprised to know that it wasn’t Sam but I love the ending.

Also, taking into account that James has known Sam longer than flutters. Good story though but still would have preferred Sam and James to me it would make the most sense

Sequel or act 3, please. I'm quite curious of how James and Sam are going to deal with Acnologia and this mystery Merchant.

Take a like and a follow.

10876297
The story uses 'Alt. Universe' as a tag, meaning this isn't the same as the mlp universe you know.

Just finished reading this... can't say I was pleased about that last chapter... I mean come on... at least let him have his old flame as well...

Login or register to comment