• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 26,071 Views, 1,139 Comments

A New Flame - The Zebra Hybrid



A human named James is transported into Equestria with some surprising results. First installment of the Hybrid Universe[Displaced Story]

  • ...
191
 1,139
 26,071

Act 2: A New Battle

With James

Me and the corrupted Celestia clashed in the air, our skulls pressing against each other trying to overpower the other. I summon the magic within me to my enlarged horns as they lit a flame and pushed her back a few. To my surprise she teleported away before I could push her to far, which resulted me getting blast in the back by a bright burning beam and sent to the pavement below. I impacted the crystal street causing the crystal ponies in the area to clear out as I brought myself out of the crater I created.

I roll out of the away just in time to miss a stab from Celestia's horn and fire back a blast of fire which did little to no damage to her. I did however to stun her, which allowed me to ram her into her side with my horns and send her through a couple lamp posts. I didn't give her a chance to recover as I spread my wings and shoot after her, to my disappointment she manged to recover and bucked me square in my chest sending me on my back. I flapped my wings using my wind magic to push her away and get back to standing.

I could see Celestia's eyes filled with annoyance. This was not good. I might have been getting a lot of hits in but I'm doing no damage to her. I instantly threw up a fire shield to block a blast of solar magic from Celestia, to my surprise the blast of magic broke through the shield and sent me tumbling like a rag-doll. I crash into a random house and groan in pain as I sit up. I look around to see two crystal mares staring at me with wide eyes. I give a toothy grin which wasn't the best option because they screamed and ran up stairs. Before I could react Celestia appeared at the hole I made in the house and used her telekinetic magic to throw me back on the streets.

I dig my claws in the crystal pavement to stop my trip and watch Celestia gracefully land in front of me with a stoic expression. Her orange eyes looking at my soul with murderous intent and her mane and tail burning wildly in the breeze and her solar magical aura surrounding her. She walked toward me her hooves cracking the ground as she walked as I put up my guard. I have been doing fairly well with close combat which meant that I had to try and avoid a fire fight or even a fight in the sky.

My own magical orange flame aura surrounded me as well. It was time to get serious, I had to win this fight, for Fluttershy. I walk toward her as well my expression stern. We stop in front of each other our faces inches from each other. I took the first strike, by turning my body and aiming to hit her head with my tail. Her wing moves and blocks my tail as i twist my body and brought both of my claws on her head in a downward strike sending her to the ground. I open my jaw attempting to blast her but got the wind knocked out of me as Celestia rammed her head into my stomach knocking me away.

I roll in a crouching stance and teleport in a blaze of flame behind her and ramming her sending the solar princess flying. I teleport in front of her and strike her with my head again sending her into another direction. I do this a few more times until it was literally a game of pinball. I send a powerful strike with my tail sending her flying in the air, my maw glows a bright orange as I shoot a massive beam of fire from my mouth into the sky, looking like a beacon of fire, toward Celestia. She, however, spread her wings and stopping in the air and threw up a shield as my flames impacted.

I didn't let up as I put more magic power in my flames as a bright orange explosion filled the sky, leaving only cloud of dark smoke. I spread my wings I fly up and stare into the cloud. Of course it wasn't that easy, because right as I hovered the black smoke was sent away by a powerful burst from Celestia who only had a few minor burns and scratches on her armor. Me however was starting to get a little tired. I had a few scrapes and bruises but it wasn't too bad....as of yet.

"Celestia, we don't have to keep doing this!" I called out to her to see if she would listen to reason.

"Seize your tongue dragon!" she answered back, "You are a threat to my little ponies and therefore mus the exterminated."

"Nightmare Moon is controlling your sister, Celestia! And she's controlling you too!"

"Nightmare Moon has freed my little sister, and my name is not Celestia no more! It's Solar Flare!"

I barely had time to react before getting blasted by a beam of solar energy, I screamed in pain as I swore I felt some of my scales burn off my body and was engulfed in a solar like explosion.


With Malefor

Malefor watched James get blasted away as he dodged another strike from Nightmare Moon. He cursed to himself as a blast of magic from Nightmare Moon grazed his shoulder. The dark dragon and the dark alicorn were squaring up in the skies. Malefor launched a blast of purple flames at Nightmare Moon who blocked with a light blue shield and followed up with her own blast. The darker version of James barely dodged the attack and charged Nightmare Moon, who began to fire a barrage of magical attacks at the dark dragon.

Malefor maneuvered in the air dodging the blasts sent his way and was getting closer to his target. He rammed the dark princess in the stomach and sent her flying into the wall that surrounded the empire. He ignited his horns in purple flames and spread his wings charging the princess. Nightmare quickly came back to her senses and teleported out of the way before the dark dragon impacted into the wall in a cloud of smoke and crystal. Malefor peeked out of the smoke, only to get a blast to the back sending him down to the streets below.

"Shit.." he cursed, "Even in the long-horned form, I can barely land a scratch on her. Speaking of which we really need to find a better name for this form-"

Before Malefor could finish his thought he was blasted back in a nearby cart making it explode in to shrapnel of wood. Nightmare Moon landed gracefully with a wicked grin as Malefor struggled to pick himself up due to the new burn marks on his body. He growled at the alicorn and channeled the dark magic in his body to transform into a shadow and use speeds that made Nightmare's eyes widened. He didn't give her a chance to react as he appeared behind her and launched a wave of purple flames at point blank.

He was surprised however when a feathered wing came out of the flames and slapped him aside canceling his attack. He smirked as Nightmare Moon walked out of the purple flames with minor burn marks, she was far from being actually hurt but at least he did something. The two stared at each other, red eyes glaring at turquoise ones, the two then vanished in a burst of speed and clashed against each other causing small shock waves throughout the area. Malefor swiped his claw against Nightmare Moon's face as she came back with a hoof to his gut sending him tumbling across the ground like a rag doll.

Malefor rolled and stopped his trip and sent a barrage of fireballs to ward Nightmare who put up a shield blocking the blasts with ease. Nightmare didn't expect Malefor to charge forward and collide into her shield breaking it on contact, she let out a curse as the dark dragon rammed her stomach with her his large horns and knocks her across the crystal pavement. he then spread his wings and took her up in the air and swiping her with his tail sending her back down to the ground below in a cloud of crystal and smoke.

Malefor descended and landed in front of the cloud of smoke as it cleared. He cursed as Nightmare Moon stood in front of him with dents in her armor but barely a scratch on her.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." he growled, "That's all the damage I did."

"I'm impressed dragon," said Nightmare, "You managed to damage my armor, but you are still far behind from my level."

"Don't underestimate me 'princess'. I'm far stronger when we faced off in Manehattan."

"That cockiness will be your downfall!"

Nightmare and Malefor charged each other and collides in and explosion of purple and blue magical energy.


Crystal Palace

"Dance my dragons! Dance!" laughed the possessed Discord as he rained lightning bolts on the group of dragons.

Bash pushed Flashwing from a strike and barely mange to dodge another. Sam fired her purple electricity back at the Spirit of Chaos only for it to bounce off him harmlessly. Drobot fired red lasers from his cybernetics which managed to stagger him when his guard was down but not cause any damage. The spirit of chaos laughed louder at their struggle, he was a little jealous that Solar Flare and Nightmare Moon had gotten to play with the two stronger dragons but he was till having fun.

Sam took the opportunity of him thinking to himself and flew up behind him, ready to swipe him with her tail only for Discord to grab her by the neck. The three other dragons growled and was about to launch their attacks at Discord on for him to put a claw to Sam's throat making them stop. The purple dragoness gulped and struggled to break free.

"One more move dragons and she dies." threatened Discord.

"Why are you doing this!" exclaimed Flashwing.

"I have had enough of you dragons! Thinking you are all high and mighty....and when someone comes along thinking better, you blame them of being arrogant!"

"So you decide to help that crazy princess kill us!" stepped in Bash.

"Of course! Once all you dragons are out the way, I'll be the one on top!"

Sam glared at him, "but you are the Spirit of Chaos already. Who else is above you?"

The possessed Discord chuckled madly and became serious, "I think you dragons know who is above me..."

It clicked in Drobot's head and his eyes widened, "You mean Shenron and Purunga."

"DING DING!," taunted Discord, "Those two are the only ones who can challenge my power without the Rainbow Power. So they are a threat."

"if you think you can take on Shenron and Porunga, then you're stupider than I thought." growled Bash.

Discord gave an evil and wicked smirk that made the dragons uncomfortable, "That's why I'll be tracking down those Dragon Lords and using their power to take them down."

The four dragons were shocked. The Dragon Lords were basically angels to Shenron and Porunga. Each Dragon Lord had a land to look over, there's one in the Badlands, another in Zebrafrica, and even one here in Equestria. Their duty is to make sure no invasion fore gets through to Thedas and t show the locals of that country the strength on the dragon army. If Discord steals their power and combine them with his, he'll be unstoppable.

"We won't let that happen!" exclaimed Sam as she bit Discord's hand making him let go. The four dragon elementals took the chance and launched their attacks at Discord causing a small explosion. The four were panting as Discord emerged from the smoke with an angry look on his face. "So it seems the gloves are coming off!" he launched a bolt of lighting at Sam who was too weak to move.

Time seemed to slow down as Sam watched the bolt head toward her heart, she could barely here Bash, Drobot, and Flashwing scream her name but was too busy in her own thoughts. She thought about her whole life and what brought her to this moment. from meeting James for the first time, to their first kiss, to her death, to her arriving in Equestria, to her meeting reuniting with James as a dragon, and here she is about to experience death again. Only this time there was no second chances. She wondered if she would ever dream, or if there was a higher being waiting to judge her for her past actions.

"What are you doing! Move out the way!" yelled a familiar feminine voice.

Sam snapped out of her thoughts and was surprised to see Princess Twilight Sparkle in front of her blocking the the lightning attack with a magical purple shield. She would question why the purple alicorn was helping her but immediately decided against it and moved out the way. Twilight teleported beside Sam as the bolt whizzed past them. Cadence, Shining, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow, Derpy, Bolt, and Pinkie was now standing with Bash, Drobot, and Flashwing.

"Why?" asked Sam.

Twilight smiled, "Because I can' be a Princess of Friendship if I can't help friend in need. Also James would be devastated if he found out you were gone."

Sam noticed the sadness in her voice, "You really do like him do you?"

Twilight blushes and nods, "We didn't leave off on the best terms and I want to make things right with him. I'm happy that Fluttershy found somepony that could take care of her."

"We have to survive this if you want to make it up to him. And also....don't give up just yet."

Twilight was confused at what she meant, but just nodded thinking she'll just ask her about it later. The dragoness and Princess of Friendship joined up with the others who were now in a stare down with Discord. Discord looked like he was about to explode. He was having fun with these dragons and these ponies just had to butt in. it didn't matter now, at least he has more playthings to toy around with.

"Discord! Stop this! This isn't you!" shouted Cadence.

"Yeah dude! Your being controlled by Nightmare Moon!" added Rainbow Dash.

Discord scoffed, "As if I let someone as low as Nightmare Moon control me."

"Come on Discord! Whats Flutters gonna th'nk?" stated Applejack.

"Yeah!" agreed Derpy and Pinkie.

The Spirit of Chaos stayed quiet as he thought of the yellow pegasus. The one pony he called friend more than any other being he knew. She was the only one that was kind to him when he was reforming and that damned dragon, James, took her away from him. He was going to pay for that, but he had to make sure he didn't die to Celestia and Luna before he could have his revenge on him.

"Fluttershy made her choice when she sided with that dragon. He will die along with her." stated Discord.

"You aren't laying a single dirty paw on Fluttershy and my brother!" exclaimed Rarity as Bolt growled.

Discord laughed, "Brother!? Out of all the ridiculous things I heard that takes the cake. maybe I'll spare you."

Rarity gulped but kept a stern expression, "Discord you are vastly out-numbered and out-gunned just give it up and let us help you." Shining said trying to speak reason to the Spirit of Chaos.

"You are right you do out-number me...let's fix that." Discord smirked as he was encased in a bright flash blinding the group. When the light died down there in front of them was a group of about twenty Discords wearing silver knight armor and yellow glowing eyes.

"Who's out-numbered now?" said all the Discords as they charged the group.

Author's Note:

Hey Guys sorry for the long wait! I really tried to make this chapter special! I had a lot of fun writing this though!

Also there are five more chapters left in Act 2! I've been thinking of ending the story and starting a sequel or continue with an Act 3.

Comment below if you want a sequel or Act 3!

Also thank you all for 800 FREAKING LIKES! I literally flipped my desk! And thank you to those who have been with this story since the beginning!