• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 26,071 Views, 1,139 Comments

A New Flame - The Zebra Hybrid



A human named James is transported into Equestria with some surprising results. First installment of the Hybrid Universe[Displaced Story]

  • ...
191
 1,139
 26,071

Act 2: A New Interrogation

Crystal Empire; Crystal Palace


The group of seven had finally been escorted by the guards to the Crystal Palace. The three ponies, known as Applejack, Rarity, and Trixie were nervous on how all of this is going to plan out. Sam and Flashwing seemed to be the more relaxed of the group, while Bash and Drobot were the most tense, with both of them thinking of back up plans just in case things went south. The group were stopped in front of two large double doors which they all assumed was the throne room. The guards then nod to each other in confirmation and open the doors letting the group inside.

Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor were there at the other end of the throne room watching as the group were being escorted in by the guards. The two would've been happy to see Applejack and Rarity again, but with what's going they had to be careful. Judging by how they walked in with the dragons and some other unicorn mare. It confirms their suspicions that MAYBE they weren't taken against their will. Sadly it only raised more questions on why they were assumed to be kidnapped in the first place.

"Your highnesses," Captain Starfire bowed, "We have escorted the group here as you requested."

"Thank you Captain," replied Cadence, "please clear the room. We'll take it from here."

Starfire nodded and escorted himself and the other guards from the throne room. Once the door closed there was a brief moment of silence between the two parties. After a few more moments Applejack decided to break the tension.

"It's really nice to see ya' again, Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor." the orange mare said.

"It's great to see you too Applejack, Rarity also," started Shining Armor, "But we both know while you were escorted by guards."

"Shining Armor," stepped up Rarity, "With all do respect these dragons-"

"No need Rarity, we can already tell that these dragons are non-hostile." explained Cadence causing most of the group to sigh in relief.

"But that doesn't mean that they aren't dangerous." sternly said Shining Armor, "Me and Cadence are hearing a whole bunch of stories on what happened in Canterlot and Manehattan. Which comes to the question, where is the dragon called James that Twily mentioned?"

"James isn't with us at the moment." suddenly stepped in Sam getting her a few glances from Shining and Cadence.

"Isn't with you? Where is he?"

Before Applejack or Rarity could answer Bash stepped in with Flashwing draped over his back, "We'll talk on one condition." said the earth elemental.

"I don't think you're in position to make demands." said Shining Armor with a stern look as Bash gave him one back.

"I think I do. We are the only ones who knows what really is going on. And if you want the TRUTH then I suggest you listen what I have to say."

"Alright, alright," said Cadence, "We're not here to fight, what are your terms."

Bash's features soften and motioned to Flashwing on his back, "My mate, Flashwing, is injured. She was hit with a magic infused arrow that dragon magic cannot fix, but pony magic can. Please fix her."

The groups all his surprised expressions at how desperate Bash was acting right now. Just a few moments ago he was planning to barge in her by force, but now here he is begging Princess Cadence and Shining Armor for help. The two royal ponies expression fell, they knew where the dino-like dragon was coming from. No wonder he has been so tense, he is just worried for the pon- dragon that he loves. Shining Armor was more in relation though, for he knew he would be in the exact same position position if the roles were reversed and something had happened to Cadence.

Cadence nodded and made her may toward the dragons with her horn glowing a bright blue. Bash was on the defensive until he saw the look in Cadences' eyes, they were filled with love and compassion, and also worry. Bash dropped his guard and gently laid Flashwing gently on the floor in front of him. His eyes widened when Flashwing was was enveloped in the same blue glow and her wound started to close. The glow around the white dragoness disappeared and could be heard letting out small breaths indicating that she was asleep.

"Thank you." whispered Bash as he comforted his sleeping lover.

"Don't mention it," said Cadence, "It doesn't matter what the creature is. Nobody should see their loved one hurt."

"Alright, you two said you wanted answers on whats been happening correct?"

"Yes," nodded Shining, "We want to know everything, starting to where you first met this James."


Equestrian Train; Frozen North

Fluttershy sat quietly in the train, watching as the snow rushed passed them. She had a solemn look on her features and her stomach were filled with a swarm of butterflies. She was happy that she was going to see the purple dragon known as James once again, but it also worried her on what would happen when they do reunite. From what she heard from Twilight, James has supposedly teamed up with other dragons including Malefor, kidnapped Applejack and Rarity, and went up North to have an audience in the Crystal Empire.

None of this made sense to her. She knew James and he would never do any of those malice things that they said. She looks to the rest of the group and took note on what they were all doing. Bolt was resting peacefully beside her, Rainbow and Pinkie seemed to be talking about what they were going to do once we reached the Crystal Empire and found James, and Twilight and Derpy were conversing about something probably trying to come up with a plan.

She let out a sad sigh as glanced back out the window until she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned her head to see Twilight and Derpy standing there with worried expressions.

"Fluttershy," said Twilight, "Can we speak to you in the other cart?"

The yellow pegasus nodded and followed the two mares, leaving Bolt to sleep peacefully on the seat. She and Derpy walked in as Twilight shut the door and put a sound proof barrier around the inside the cart so nopony else would be able to ease drop on their conversation. Fluttershy didn't know what the two mares wanted to talk about but she had an idea. Judging by their expression and how all three of them needed to talk, it was mostly about James. She knew that the two mares also were having feelings for the purple dragon, she might be shy and timid but she wasn't stupid.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" asked Fluttershy.

"Well..." stated Derpy, but hesitated to say anything else.

"It's about James." stepped in Twilight.

Fluttershy could only nod.

"When we get to the Crystal Empire," continued Twilight, "We don't know what to expect. There has been a lot of rumors going around and I don't know which of them true. But what I'm trying to say is that we should prepare for the worse."

Fluttershy's eyes widened, "Wh-What do you mean by that?" she asks hesitantly.

"Twilight shook her head, "I don't know, it could mean a lot of things judging on the rumors. I just don't want any surprises, especially if the Princesses decides to show up. But that's not the only thing we brought you here for."

Fluttershy nodded as Derpy decided to speak, "We...all know that we all care for James, and that he cares for us as well. The only thing is that we all started to develop feelings for him. So, me and Twilight decided that....we should start a herd."

"Wh-What?" stuttered Fluttershy, "I-I can't...I m-mean...starting a herd with a dragon...i-it hasn't been done before."

"That's why we are going to be the first." said Twilight, "Fluttershy, do you love him?"

The yellow pegasus nodded.

"Me and Derpy feel the same way. This is the only way we can all be happy."

"What if he doesn't want to be in a herd." suddenly said Derpy catching the other two off guard. What if he doesn't want to be in a herd? Then that would mean it would have t be either one of them.

"If that's the case," started Fluttershy, "Then we leave the choice to James, and let the best mare win."


Crystal Empire; Crystal Palace

"So that's everything that has happened?" asked Shining.

The group nodded.

"What do you think Cadence?"

Cadence had an uncertain look on her face, "I don't know. Auntie Luna always didn't get along with dragons, but to go far and try to kill them?"

Sam stepped up, "I know this is hard to hear for both of you, but it's the truth."

"So why come here?" questioned Shining.

"It is the logical solution," started Drobot, "If we try to clear James' name with the Princesses we are seventy-five percent more likely to be killed on sight or at least locked up. But if we have a forty percent chance of failure if we went to you two and gain support."

The two rulers of the Crystal Empire gave each other a look. If what they say is true then it would make sense for them to come here. All of Equestria is probably looking for these dragons now. Plus Applejack, Rarity, and..that other pony....Trixie was it? Why would they have to lie? They had to admit that it did sound rather strange that this Malefor would go to try and save a race after almost killing the Princesses and James in Canterlot.

The two ponies looked at each other both coming to a mental understanding before nodding and turning back to the group of dragons and three ponies.

"We are sorry to hear about the events that you all had to go through," started Cadence causing the mood of the group to raise a little, "But..."

"But what?" concernedly asked Rarity.

"We can't make a final decision until we hear the other side of the story." explained Shining.

"What!?" yelled Bash stepping toward the white stallion, "So what you're saying is that you don't believe us!"

Shining Armor stood his ground and started in a stern tone, "What we are saying is that we can't believe until we hear what the princesses say. We and my wife were kept in the dark about this. So we need proof on what to believe, so until the princesses get here...."

"Wait, wait, wait..." cut off Sam, "Both of the princesses are coming? How did they know we were coming here?"

"We called them once we got word that you were coming in our direction from Manehattan." answered Cadence.

"The two alicorns that want us dead is literally coming here!" yelled Bash, "Are you out of your damned minds!"

"It's the only way we can straighten this out!" shot back Shining, "If we can get all of us in one room, then maybe we can resolve this peacefully."

"Maybe Shining here is right," said Applejack, "It is the best chance we got."

"And what if it fails?" said Trixie, "Trixie doesn't know all about Malefor but he isn't that bad of a dragon. You all heard from someone who has been around him the most. He is willing to save a doomed race from extinction."

"A race that nearly took over all of Equestria!" added Rarity.

"That was because they had no choice! They needed to survive!"

"Mrs. Trixie," started Cadence, "We all know your feelings for the dark dragon, but like we said before we can't trust anything until we have more information or proof."

"Wh-What do you mean feelings!" blushed Trixie.

"Mrs. Trixie you can't fool me. I am the Princess of Love after all."

"Be it may. You are wrong!" said Trixie blushing even more, "Me and Malefor are just partners nothing more."

"You didn't sound like partners a couple seconds ago." stated Applejack.

"Sh-Shut up!"

Before anything else was said a random guard rushes through the doors and into the throne catching everyone's attention. The guard quickly ran toward the Cadence and Shining dismissing the other group and bowing. "I humbly apologize for my interruption your highnesses, but we have just been informed the Princes Celestia and Luna will be here in approximately thirty minutes." he says as Cadence and Shining's eyes widened.

They didn't expect them to come this early, they wanted to work things out with the dragons before they got here and by judging how their conversation went, they needed more time. The group of dragons weren't looking any much better, if anything they all, minus Flashwing who was still resting on Bash's back, looked furious and depressed. Applejack, Rarity, and Trixie just stood there like statues no knowing what to do. The silence was broken when Cadence responded to the guards report.

"Thank you, go inform the rest of the guard to prepare for their arrival." commanded Cadence as the guard nodded before leaving she turned her attention back to the group especially the dino-like dragon as he said one phrase.

"Well....fuck."


Frozen North; Sky

After me and Malefor's fight in the caverns, we managed to find a way out of the caves an back in the snowy outside. The blizzard had stopped which was good since it allowed us to fly. My thoughts drift back to the others on the train hoping they made it to the Empire alright and are still okay when me and Malefor arrive. I feel guilty for leaving them but it was the only way to get Luna off their tails so they could reach the Crystal Empire.

I have to be honest though, if it wasn't for Malefor showing up at the last second.....I don't think I would ever be able to pull it off. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. Now me and him are flying through the cold air towards the Crystal Empire, thank god for turning me into a dragon so then the cold the cold won't affect me as much. I glance to the side and saw Malefor flying by my side with a determined look on his features. He must really care for these changelings if he is willing to fight Luna and to go through a blizzard. Which reminds me.

"Hey Malefor." I call out gaining his attention.

"What is it?" he reply's sharply.

"So why are you helping the changelings anyways? I thought you only did things yourself?"

He was silently for a few moments before answering, "Because I...no..we both know what it's like to be bullied because we're different."

I knew what he was talking about. I...well technically we used to get bullied all the time back on Earth, it stopped once I got to college but that doesn't make me oblivious what people thought of me every time I walked in a room or down a hall. Is Malefor saying that the changelings have been 'bullied' by the ponies?

"What do you mean?" I ask as Malefor grunted in disgust.

"The ponies that you care so much for, aren't as they seem. It is true that changelings attacked Canterlot and kidnapped Princess Cadence in the process, but that was out of desperation."

I am now intrigued at this, "What do you mean?"

"The changelings main food source is strong emotions, specifically love. It doesn't normally cause any harm unless used to much, because of that they were feared and treated as a threat," Malefor growled as he continued, "When I went to the changeling hive, I saw their expressions, I saw their hunger. That's when I realized that the only reason why the changelings...Chrysalis...attacked Canterlot was to feed her children! I bet she asked, no, begged the Princesses for help but was turned away every time!"

I could detect the hostility and emotion in his voice, "Where is Chrysalis now?"

Malefor's expression fell as he looked forward, "She's dead. I don't know if it was the stress or the heartbreak of seeing her subjects suffer, but I do know that it's those ponies fault. Now James tell me, are these ponies as caring as you think they are?"

"To be honest, I stopped thinking that after Canterlot."

"Then why do you still care for them? After what they did to you? To us?!"

"Because they are not all like that! Hell, I wouldn't even be alive right now if it weren't for three adorable fillies! Yeah they have their flaws but doesn't everyone have? You can't judge an entire race out of a few individuals, you do that and your no better than Princess Luna herself."

That must've struck something as Malefor stopped mid flight causing me to stop as well, I could see him trembling a bit, "Those ponies will only see me as a monster after what happened at Canterlot, all those ponies do! There is not one who will forgive me."

"What about the Trixie girl?"

"..."

"Malefor?"

"Trixie is....tolerable. She is only a partner I can work with, nothing more."

"Even though she is only pony to actually accept you for who you are?"

"If your suggesting that I love-"

"I'm not saying that at all, just don't be so quick to judge."

Malefor grumbled and turned his head away, "Fine. Let's get a move one, we are wasting to much time. Lets just hope nothing is going down when we get there."

With that said Malefor flapped his dark wings and continued his flying a little faster than usual. I let out a sigh thinking back at what Malefor said about the changelings. I have to be honest, if I was Malefor's position I would probably do the same thing....hehe...I guess he really is me. I start to fly to catch up with Malefor only to be caught off guard two random bolts of yellow lightning rains down from the sky toward me and Malefor.

On instinct me and Malefor dodge the bolts and start to look around for anyone that could've sent that our way-

"You two were supposed to be hit by those you know." said a voice as me and Malefor turned in form of us to see....something. I know this world has some weird creatures, but this shit is just crazy! Standing before is a serpent...dragon...thing...with the head of a goat a talon, lions, paw, hooves, and other assortment of animal parts.

"Allow me to introduce my self," said the creature with a bow as me and Malefor were giving him stern looks, "My name is DIscord, Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. And I'm afraid I can't let you two to past."

Before me and Malefor could react his talon and paw glowed a bright yellow and engulfing the sky in a yellow explosion.

Author's Note:

CLIFFHANGER!!!!! Sorry for the super late update! I had a terrible case of writer's black, but I'm back and have ideas planned out for future events! Also Discord has finally made it in the story! How will James and Malefor deal with the Spirit of Chaos? And more importantly why is he attacking them?

As usual comment below on what you think of the chapter! It always motivates me to write more! Give me all the feedback!:pinkiehappy: