• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 27,375 Views, 868 Comments

The Wind Beneath Her Wings - TAW

Comments ( 118 )

The contest results get posted, and we get a new chapter of WBHW? Christmas has come early this year!

TAW

1825964
This is about as close to a christmas present as I can give you guys--going home soon, everything had a deadline!

kits #3 · Dec 19th, 2012 · · 1 ·

whee~
I'm looking forward to a massive orgygroup hug when they get back to Ponyville :pinkiehappy:

Ok, first of all I absolutely loved this chapter. Twilight and RD's power in this story has become my headcannon, and I cringe now every time I see them acting weaker than this in the show.

But that last line. Wow. So cheesy. :facehoof:

TAW

1825996
Is canon.
1826009
Don't, it's not their fault. Both of them are still learning and growing, and WBHW is set some time after the show. I wouldn't expect either of them to be able to do this sort of stuff at the point in time the show is currently at.

le wild reference to the tile appears.

and omg that is incredible, unbelievable and I do not want the story to enddddddd, like neverrrrrr

Well that was a great way to end a chapter.

is a nice touch, always seems that "the-wind-beneath-her-wings" was Rd talking about Twi, is cool to see its the other way around

AHHHHHH. The suspense is gonna kill me. Also god DAMN Dash.

Nightmare is just getting her ass handed to her.

You just used the title of the story IN the story? It's always wonderful when people do that, and you managed to do it convincingly. Just... Yay!:yay::twilightsmile::rainbowkiss:

Ohhhhh. That makes sense. (Title) Also, holy shit this fic is awesome. (Still)

TAW

1826301
I should hope it's convincing
I waited 140,000 words to do it!

1826431
It was so awesome :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

How you managed to cram this much sheer awesome into one chapter I don't even want to know

As usual, another great chapter. Can't wait for the next one!
deviantart.com/download/288717968/spark_by_microgrid-d4rw87k.png

As corny as it is, that last line made this chapter for me. Wonderful imagery at the end. :twilightsmile:

Why do I feel that Nightmare Moon is gonna pull something at the last possible second?
Awesome job as always and I can't wait for the next one.:twilightsmile:

1827143

Unless I misread something she has already tried to fry them more then once already while the storm was forming.

That said I bet you are right about some kind of parting shot or maybe an escape attempt while the passage is opened from the Rainboom.

So many feels! I was so happy when I saw this had an update.

Wow amazing it is my birthday on the 19th and what do I get another chapter to WBHW oh YEAH!

It's as every bit as cute and cringeworthy as you promised!

See that the story has been updated: Feel happy
Start reading: Feel happy
Know that the story most likely won't be having any more possibility for death: Feel happy
Read the last sentence: Be happy for approximately one second and then become filled with an indescribable rage after realizing you ended on a cliffhanger

Cliffhangers have to be one of the most dastardly literary devices I have ever come across, but at least they ultimately make the story more enjoyable almost immediately after. Except for Applejack and Rarity possibly getting ready to beat the tar out of Dash when she gets back.

ALL THESE CLIFFHANGERS :raritycry:

I actually cried from the that last line

This whole fic was a build up for that last line. lol
Resonance: The natural frequency at which objects oscillate, so "resonant frequency" feels a bit redundant. But I'm just being nitpicky. The 7 minutes thing is acceptable, though.

Ah! They said it! Anyway, another fantastic chapter. Also, Rainbow Dash can lightning bend now? Also also, once again, I feel you said 'Twilight Sparkle' too much. A few of them could have been simply 'Twilight.' Towards the end, you say 'Twilight Sparkle' twice in the same paragraph, and I just find that a little jarring is all.

So...many...feels. That was beautiful, seriously. I just can't wait for the next chapter. I mean, I totally will, but I may explode from anticipation by then. :pinkiehappy:

That was one kick-ass title drop. *applause*

1826431
Actually, according to the word count for this story, you only had to wait 137,710 words to do the title drop. :twilightsmile:

You would wouldn't you, you would update the sole night that I sit here exhausted.

You know what, you think you got me, but I'm going to read it anyway, just to spite you, take that.

(Seriously though, I love this story, thanks for the update you glorious person you)

TAW

1828459
Bear in mind that this is Rainbow Dash thinking what Twilight would say, not what Twilight would actually say. Almost all of the techno/magicbabble in the story has been from Dash's perspective entirely so that I can have an excuse for it making absolutely no sense.

Do you have any estimate of how much longer this fic will be?:twilightsmile:

TAW

1830185
I will stab you in the shin.
1828955
Go look back to chapter uh, six I think. Somewhere around there, when they first went to see the Corral. She doesn't like to spread it around, but...
And what else would I call Twilight Sparkle? Twilight Sparkle is her name, so she should be called Twilight Sparkle. "My name is Twilight Sparkle," Twilight Sparkle said, "because it says Twilight Sparkle on my birth certificate." Twilight Sparkle pointed to the Twilight Sparkle-adorned page, running her hoof along the letters "T, w, i, l, i, g, h, t, , S, p, a, r, k, l, and e" in turn. "See? Twilight Sparkle," Twilight Sparkle triumphantly announced.
oh god Twilight's name has lost all meaning to me now

TAW

1830330
"Uh" is my working estimate, sorry. It's not /far/ from completion, but whenever I give estimations they're hilariously wrong.

1830348
Stab if you must, I will just have Twilight heal it later.:twilightsmile:

Holy cow I cannot wait for the next chapter, make it a good one!

1826898 Awww I was just thinking of that clip! :rainbowwild:

1830356
Same thing always happens to me with estimates. Needless to say, though, we're all gonna be flipping out when the next chapter goes up.:raritywink:

Awesome title drop. Dash is a beast when flying, I mean I knew she was the best but putting Nightmare in her place like that was epic.

When she says something something to strengthen our bond while flying. I thought to myself, "This story is due for another clop scene". Then I was excited because they were gonna have flying sonic-rainboomy sex, and then they didn't.

The title drop made up for that though.

1830348 No, that's not what I meant. I probably should have explained myself clearer... In dialogue, it's fine as long as it fits the situation. In fact, I don't actually have any problems from them saying it in dialogue. But outside of dialogue, it can be a bit jarring. We know her name is Twilight Sparkle, so we don't have to be reminded of the fact more than once in the same paragraph. For example from the latest chapter: Twilight Sparkle nodded and looked around herself, then pulled away and slowly flew up to the cloud layer to begin enchanting the clouds into even greater ferocity. Dash zipped away across the sky to start pulling stormclouds together in new locations. After a few minutes of work, the skies were in turmoil and the winds were almost strong enough to knock Twilight Sparkle from the air. Lightning hammered the ground, striking so often that once-fields now looked closer to a dragon’s home.
In that paragraph, the second time you said Twilight Sparkle felt unnecessary to me. In my opinion, it would have read better if you had merely said Twilight, instead.

oh my god it tastes like cheese! keep up the good work!~

HO SHIZ!!! We have ourselves an title drop!!!:pinkiegasp: oh if your planning on stooping the story soon. dont it's to good for that

Comment posted by Seagullmen deleted Dec 22nd, 2012
Comment posted by Seagullmen deleted Dec 22nd, 2012
Comment posted by Seagullmen deleted Dec 22nd, 2012
Login or register to comment