• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 40,580 Views, 430 Comments

Unwanted Attention - Sarcastic Brony



You have been in equestria for a long time. What you notice as of late though is that some of the fillies in town are getting a little too friendly.

Comments ( 59 )

Huh. Wow. I was actually rereading some of this right before bed earlier. Now I wake up and the first thing I find is an update to it. Nice. :rainbowkiss:

Welcome back.

My god the sheer storytelling made me stay not so much the clop in the story.

Great story. A bit of a shame that this will be your last story in this verse, but that's no big problem.

Hope things are going better for you!

Was this released in tandem with the Luna Eclipse on purpose, or coincidence?:ajsmug:
Also amazing story dghfsxashnjbvadsdjjbcg

Why was this only on my "tracking" bookshelf? Into the favourites it goes! :pinkiehappy:

It's back! :yay:

Ugh, I hate super badass self inserts. I wish I could downvote just this chapter so I know not to read it again.

6468301
Not too sure if I'm back just yet, but I'm taking things slow at the very least. Plus you guys have been waiting about seven months for this, so it felt like a good time to work on it. Also did a massive redux to all chapters today as well. Major grammar fixes and stuff like that.

6468328
6468404
I worked hard on this. Good to know that people appreciate the effort.

6468580
Coincidence. I'm looking at the moon right now, it's breathtaking. Thank you for reminding me.

Goddamn. This deserves to be a stand-alone one-shot. You put more work into this than many authors put into the world-building for 20 chapter stories and it definitely shows. If it were any more polished I would probably be able to see myself in it.

Maybe you should take breaks more often... :trixieshiftright:

EDIT: 2nd person pun unintended.

6468924
Ah. Well shit. I guess I'll have to rereread them. :applejackunsure:

I should say that I love your portrayal of Silverspoon, by the way.

Ah, too bad Shining Armor didn't beat him. I think the protagonist could've used being taken down a peg. He was doing a little too well overall. Not even Celestia minding too much that he tried to murder her sister? I dunno, that sounded like a bit of a stretch. Okay, she was shocked... at first. But it went away very quickly.

Plus, the part about the penalty of mind-reading a former(!) guard captain being death even for a princess came across as a little contrived in how specifically tailored it seemed just to exonerate him. If that law had been referenced before the incident it might not have had this effect since it wouldn't have looked like he just pulled it out of his ass.

is it wrong that I wanted more clop out of this :fluttershyouch:

this was lovely well done

Blossom once again looks up at you and you simply waggle your eyebrows at her.

i.imgur.com/hWTqoF6.jpg

I'd like to see an entire story based on this universe alone.

Hopefully this chapter's release means things are looking up for you, if ever so slightly. I hope we can see more from you soon.

Somehow. I don't like this human. I don't know why. Maybe because his badass or hot-head...I don't know......But I think I miss all old one-short fiction you did back there. Each filly with love and simple story...innocence and everything perfect. A simple Anon with simple life....

One of your better ones. Between this, and the last chapter, you seem to have a set up for a good fic or two. Looking forward to more.
Keep up the good work. Deus tecum.

6468052 I laughed way too hard from this xD
Dude, awesome work on this once more, twas an awesome read! :yay:

Good storytelling, but the unlikable protagonist bogs things down quite a bit.

Wonderful wonderful story. Thank you good sir for the way you portrayed Princess Luna. Bravo!

6469250 I don't know why people are down voting your comment, as good as the overall quality of the writing was there was some major Gary Stu vibes coming off the character this chapter. I groaned out loud when the Lunar captain had to beg him to see Luna for her to apologize, after he tried to slit her throat like a madman. And then he claims she wouldn't have the guts to kill him if he murders her princess? Complete bullshit.

I liked the setup and everything in the chapter that wasn't establishing that the protagonist is a perfect unstoppable god. I want to be clear that I didn't hate the chapter and I appreciate the effort that obviously went into writing it. I'm just being honest about the only flaw I see in this chapter. It just happens to be a pretty important flaw with how character heavy the story is.

6468924 you should really consider making this a separate story. It has so much material that i can honestly see you expanding it as its own story.


((On a different topic, it appears that I've been blocked by you for some reason. Idk what I did to deserve, I've seen people face on insult you while I try to be respectful. Its disappointing for me to find out about this this way without any explanation, I truly believe you were a good writer.))

You chuckle sadly. “If you become an old mare and you still have these feelings, then I guess I’ll accept them.”

Poor Twilight, she would never get old

Another great chapter rutting a filly!
And good job on the feels, fights and laughs!

i really like this anon. well. hes not really an anon. you should totaly make a story with him. how he got to be "captain" and how he got the attention of the princess. its an interesting twist.

6469250 Well, once you get right down to it, it kinda makes sense that invading the mind of a captain, former or current, would be an enormous offense. Think about it, captain, former or current, has a lot of information stuck in his head. A pony with powerful enough magic could easily take any and all military and political secrets from his memory.

To invade the mind of a high ranking military official like that could in any situation potentially be viewed as an act of war. And, given that Luna had just a few weeks ago tried to take over the country, it would be pretty easy to understand why many would be nervous about mind reading a captain/former captain. Princess or not, it would be a rather nerve racking experience.

Now, if the captain/former captain agreed to the mind reading, different story. But, out of the blue, no warning, it could almost be threatening in that kind of situation.

Now, having that law even apply to Princesses is kinda an odd addition to the law. But, in a political sense, it is almost logical. Almost.

I wonder, whata re the odds of having something starring Twist? You just know she's insatiable.

Finally got around to reading this chapter and... not my favorite incarnation of "Anon" and I REALLY disliked him with when Luna peeked into his mind. It was out of bounds, but that was WAY too overreaction and wanted to deck him or go DBZ beatdown on him (though in a graceful and swift way) to teach him a lesson about overacting. He should've been offended of this intrusive of privacy and scold her for it, but pull out a BLADE on her!

Also what's with the whole "Reading the mind of a Captain is punishable by death" rule? That's kinda stupid... so if the Princess Celestia does it or somepony does it by accident they have to die? Nope, I know in the comics that had war before (an elder mare has a scare over one of her eyes that she lost) but I can't accept this rule. Just my main complaint and beef with this chapter overall this was a pretty good chapter.

Will this be the end of your series or are you going to continue it?

Hmm. I rather liked this 'universe' of the story. To the point I believe it could be a nice story in of itself. I eagerly await another chapter to this story though. :3

i honestly don't think i've ever read a story where i actualy saw the author get better as the chapters progressed. it was amazing. and what you did with the twilight-verse stands on its own. i'm gonna check your profile, but i hope you either continued this universe or allowed others to. instant fave, follow, and i'm DL'ing this to my kindle.

6583203 Ok, so the captain of the guard likely knows most of the nation's secrets. Reading their mind is like imprisoning a general, and I'm sure there's something separate for accidental cases. You can't just scour through the strengths and weaknesses of A. Celestia's mate, B. A keeper of national secrets, and C. Instructor of the current captain of the guard. You must also remember that he still couldn't entirely separate Luna from NM, i.e. an enemy of the nation. War rules man. War rules. Pretty sure civilian rules are different and war rules haven't changed much since the sisters' rise to power.

Edit:
...Fuck, should've scrolled up...TADAA! Repost!

Ugh, usually I hate badass humans with passion, but I must admit, you did admirable work with that chapter.
(Yeah, you JUST DID IT!)
It just seems foalcon and superman don't mix together.
As for the all previous chapters I wish to say:
Thank you for sharing with us those fillies' moments of happiness!

"Pumpkin Cake" is 9-1-1 words long.. sounds about right!:twilightblush:

so is Twist going to get a shot in this fic?:twistnerd:

Comment posted by ServingSpoon deleted May 25th, 2016

7244188
There's a chance.
7244212
All chapters are considered "stand alone" but it's recommended to read "verse" chapters in order, as they are contained in the same universe and some concepts may not translate without reading the related chapter. "Verse" chapters usually contain the name of the universe they are related to. (ex. Luna chapter is related to Twilight chapter.)

This universe is mostly my favorite...more I read it the more it sounds like it's own story all together......good very good love it

Stupid question maybe but is this done? I know it says incomplete but I don't know it feels like it's over

7274266
The ride hasn't ended yet.

EDIT 11/12/18: I no longer have any interest in continuing. Hope you all enjoyed while it lasted.

7274275 sweet looking forward to more :yay:

This chapter is pro. :moustache:

Dude. I loved the Babs Seed chapter. Not only was hot, about my waifu, and full of love. It also made me realize why I like her that much.

You just shake your head with a smile. “Patients, Twilight.”

Was this a hospital pun or just an error?

Well, since it's been forever since this was updated I will give you an idea.
Next chapter: same verse as this, have the Canterlot wedding, etc.
Except when the love bubble explodes, it doesn't shoot chrysalis away, instead it strips all her magic and she becomes much like how Luna was.
This time though, Celestia tells him to discipline her for her actions in the most lewd ways that he can think of.
(Dom, etc.)

Is this fic still alive? Just read through a few chapters and found them thoroughly satisfying despite the horrid typos and grammar. If memory serves, your writing has improved quite a bit since then! Have a mustache and a smile :moustache::pinkiehappy:

Okay, this is crazy. This Twilight section was amazing. I stopped reading for the sex and just thoroughly enjoyed the plot. The caring for Twilight was so heart warming. At times she was his daughter and others, his best friend. I don't read many short fics, but glad I found this, I really needed it, even if it also made my heart ache. Thank you SB.

So does Lunas estrus stick to one lover while he/she is alive, or does she change it every time?

8242111
Well your guess was definetly closer and more PG XD

Login or register to comment