• Published 19th Apr 2012
  • 36,215 Views, 9,289 Comments

Know your Mare - overlord-flinx



It's silly, it's pointless, and it makes little to no sense... I've heard of worse story ideas.

  • ...
249
 9,289
 36,215

PreviousChapters Next
The-----

Once upon a time, there was a grumpy-mean beast. He was cruel and a cynic, rude and a bit acidic. No one liked him, no one could stand him, no one wanted to be around him... So, he made a TV show! He invited creatures from all around to take part on his show; a show of the truth, not a single lie. Everyone laughed! Everyone cried... Both because the show was a lie. What was the reason? What was the rhyme? Why spend all this wasted time? Making fun of others and pulling up lies? What sense did that make?

But everyone loved it. And everyone loved him! So he brought on his wife; who brought on their son; who in turn brought on his sis. Finally -oh- finally, the whole gang was here. Telling nothing but lies and dishing out dirt. It was fun for all...

But it just couldn't last. The lights turned off, the doors did close, the stage was empty... But not for long. The show started up once again, with fanfare, lights, and extravagance! The world rejoiced and the world did so groan... And the hosts frowned, for they felt so alone...

The magic was gone, the joy no longer there. The lights were on, the doors wide open, and the stage so filled with life. So what was wrong? What was amiss? They all knew what, they just didn't want to face it. The show had to end, the laughs had to die. Their time was run short, and their welcome along too.

So this is the tale that I now tell; and I tell it for true. This is the end of Know Your Mare, I'll tell it one last time... For you.

PreviousChapters Next