• Published 19th Apr 2012
  • 36,194 Views, 9,289 Comments

Know your Mare - overlord-flinx



It's silly, it's pointless, and it makes little to no sense... I've heard of worse story ideas.

  • ...
249
 9,289
 36,194

PreviousChapters Next
Change of Scenery.

One could've called it the end of an era. The once bleak void of darkness was clearly lit to reveal the beige floors and walls of the studio. Above, the prized spotlight looked very lonely as it hung from its metallic rails. But more so noticeable was the chimera creature standing dead center in the studio, a box hugged tightly under his cat arm. His expression was pained as his eyes scanned the emptiness of the studio. As a sigh passed his muzzle, Pip entered through a flimsy stage exit, he himself holding a duffle bag around his tiny neck. "'Ey! Cap'n!" he called to Discord, scurrying up behind him. "Ya' a'right?"

"Hm?" Discord glanced down at his tiny friend and managed a smile. "Quite alright, yes. Just recalling all of the good times we've had here... Remember all of those ponies you dropped through your trapdoor?"

"'Course I do. The looks on some of the'e fa'es," Pip snickered and moved closer to his odd friend. "...Ya' rea'y?"

"As I'll ever be... It was a good run, wasn't it?"

"I 'ad the time of me young 'ife 'ere... Thanks ta' you Cap'n."

"The thanks all go to you, my little Loki."

The two quickly embraced as Discord scooped the little colt into his arms and pressed him into the nape of his twisted neck. As they embraced more, a familiar queen entered through the same means as Pip before her. "Are you two coming?"

"Yeah... We're just saying goodbye to each other..." Discord said with a teary eyed look.

"...We're just taking separate stagecoaches to get to the new set..." the queen's voice began to strain, as if the frustration of three months was pressing down in her aching brain. "Can we just go?"

Her two co-hosts instantly became elated as the tackled the Queen in a powerful embrace. "Really!? We'll be friends still!?"

"I wasn't aware we were friends now!" Chrysalis hissed as she tried to wiggle her way out from the grasp of the colt and beast.

"Pippy! Pack your things! We're moving to the West Coast!"

"Aye-aye, Cap'n Chaos!" The two darted away and started stashing away more and more things into their bags, leaving Chrysalis to stand in the center of the room with a dead expression of loathing.

"...I despise my existence almost as much as I despise theirs..."

PreviousChapters Next