• Published 19th Apr 2012
  • 36,215 Views, 9,289 Comments

Know your Mare - overlord-flinx



It's silly, it's pointless, and it makes little to no sense... I've heard of worse story ideas.

  • ...
249
 9,289
 36,215

PreviousChapters Next
A very special Blank and Shim-Sham Moment

Alrighty. You ready?

Just give me a second. I need to---Yes. I have all the instruments ready to play. Start the beat whenever you're ready.

Slow at first, a steady rhythm of a strumming guitar filled the entirety of the stage. Little thumps tapped in from between the strings, keeping it to a soft tempo. Amidst the music's start, both Pipsqueak and Sunset Shimmer came out from the shadows of the off-stage and put themselves at the dead center on the stage. Sunset Shimmer's horn twinkled brilliantly, bringing along with them a collection of musical instruments held and being played by Sunset Shimmer's magic simultaneously. For a while, the two ponies just stood next to each other, tapping their hooves along to the music before Sunset Shimmer started to sing.

Well, here goes something new~~...

Emotions aren't really my profession~~...

But I've got to let you know~~...

It doesn't have to do with Joe~~...

Or obsession~~...

You saved me from being alone~~...

You helped this young colt grow~~...

I'm not saying you're the best~~...

But Pip and I know we're really blest~~...

The two smiled at each other, Pip nudging at Sunset's leg once. With a little giggle, Sunset pushed Pip forward and gave him an urging nod.

You're our Cap and Queen~~...

I would gladly share my riceicle~~...

Ugh...

I'm happy you're my family~~...

Because you're really nice-icle~~...

Ugh... Not a word...

You saved me from being alone~~...

You helped this young colt grow~~...

She's not saying you're the best~~...

But we both know we're really blest~~...

You saved me from being alone~~...

You helped this young colt grow~~...

She's not saying you're the best~~...

But we both know we're really blest~~...

We know we're blest~~...

...

Think they'll like it?

Maybe... But I like it. And it's all thanks to you.

Aww... You're making me all blushy.

Heh. Yay! I'm helping...

Author's Note:

Heart of Life.

This may be the one any only time the Author's Note is bigger than the story. But you know what? FORGET THE STORY! I don't care at all. Do you know what I really care about? My little light of the word... My greatest achievement... My best and brightest friend... My beautiful, smart sister. My partner. My assistant. My Flinx. On the Third of August, it will be her birthday. I beg you to wish her a happy birthday for me. She is my greatest friend and has always been the one I trust the most.

She and I think alike because I raised her on that. I raised her to question, to consider, to not see anything as it is but rather what it may yet be. She has pushed me to great lengths to write and pursue my dreams. If it wasn't for her some years ago urging me to submit something to Fanfiction, I wouldn't be here now. If you enjoy my writing, you owe her a thank you. In some years, she'll be the one writing stories much better then me. She's my legacy. I tear up when I think about how great she'll be because she's talented. I love my little sister more then I do writing.

So I ask you again, please wish her this day a happy birthday.

And Lou? If you're reading this while I'm away, this chapter goes out to you. You've never let me down, and I know you never will.

PreviousChapters Next