• Published 9th Apr 2013
  • 10,097 Views, 324 Comments

Foal - Rated Ponystar



Applejack tries to get Rainbow Dash to agree to having a foal, but RD is haunted by a mistake in her past

  • ...
34
 324
 10,097

Epilogue

Miles away, in the city of Canterlot, a lone pegasus in a prisoner’s uniform was tapping her hoof against the wall. She stared at the bars of her cell, like she had done for the last nine years after being found guilty for a crime that wasn’t her fault. Nature killed those ponies, not her. There was a difference between actually killing somepony and just being unable to help. So she got a bit drunk and fooled around, it wasn’t her fault that the storm came in early or that she lost her weather duty instructions.

But no, she had been blamed for everything, along with her friends who may or may not have been dead in this forsaken prison. She hoped that they would head to her when she finally got out of here. Life sentence or not, Gale Storm would not spend the another year in this pit if she could help it.

“Hey!”

She looked up and saw one of the guards addressing her, a tray of her evening meal floating next to him. He put it through the slot in her cell and then walked off, whistling a tune. Anticipation grew in Gale Storm’s chest as she walked over to the tray, finding a loaf of bread, water, and soup. Breaking the bread, she grinned when she saw the note and looked around outside her cell to see if she was being watched. Taking the tray, she hid in a corner and read the note:

Gale,

If you're reading this letter it means our bribe worked. You should really thank your lawyer for coming up with this plan. The rest of us that escaped to Eagleland never forgot how you let yourself get captured for us to escape. The gang always sticks together and we’re getting the others who got lighter punishments to help us get you out of Equestria.

Listen, the soup is drugged with a poison that will put you in a death like state for 72 hours, but keeping you alive. After you’re buried in the prison cemetery outside of the walls, we’ll come out and dig you up. Everypony will think you're dead and you can live with us in Eagleland.

Hope to see you soon.

Rigid

Gale chuckled at the fact that her five year long plan was finally coming to fruition. There was only one thing that Rigid got wrong. She was going to go to Eagleland, that much was true, but she wasn’t going there yet.

There was a certain pegasus she had to give payback to for putting in his cell for nine years. The one whose testimony all but made her look guilty to the jury who bought her whole sap story about her stupid brother being killed. Gale drank the soup and began to feel the effects of drowsiness hit her. She stumbled onto her bed and closed her eyes with a grin before the drug kicked in and put her in a deep sleep.

I’m coming for you Rainbow Dash, were her last thoughts before darkness took her.

Author's Note:

And at last we finish, but this is not the end. The next story, Motherhood, will come around sometime next year. Before anybody asks, no this will not turn into a revenge focus fic, the next one will feature Rainbow Dash and Applejack being forced to take care of a foal and Dash's efforts to come to terms with her brother's death and forgiving herself.

I would like to thank Starfall, Apple Cinnamon, and Tchernobog for all their help in editing. I would like thank RatofDrawn for the artwork. And I would like to thank all of you readers for helping this story get popular. I hope you enjoyed, please leave your final thoughts.

Later!

Comments ( 59 )

Wow, this fic just went in a completely different direction. In truth, I was hoping for Rainbow Dash to come to terms with Spectrum's death, but it's not that easy. I'd like to see where you go with this.

3533722
That's in the next one

It's... It's Epilogue. How did your spellcheck miss this :|

Meanwhile I think it's hilarious that Gale thinks she's going to get revenge. This seems to be a bizarre case where both of them want revenge against the other one, which can't end well. Rainbow Dash is going to beat her to death with her own wings.

3533842
Sorry, reverse the wrong letters

Ummm... Okay. So now it's going to be a revenge fic? Kind of an odd choice of direction, but okay.

Unable to pass through the maternity ward, Dash guided to the waiting room where she tried to pass her time reading old magazines and going over her tricks in her head.

Pretty sure guided isn't the word you're looking for in this setence, or it is missing a "was", as in "was guided".

If you're reading this letter it means our bribe worked. You should really thank your lawyer for coming up with this plan. The rest of us that escaped to Eagleland never forgot how you let yourself get capture for us to escape. The gang always sticks together and we’re getting the others who got lighter punishments to help us get you out of Equestria.

Captured.

Anyway... I didn't actually much enjoy the last two chapters of the story, honestly, and it felt rather vengeful to put them in jail for so long, and the story didn't really feel like it had great closure.

Good luck with the sequel, though. :duck:

3534481
I know some people might be confused as to why I did this, and mentioned this epilogue like that. Gale does play a role in the next story, but the main focus will be on AJ, RD, and a child that comes into their care due to a tragedy.

You deserve a freaking medal for this story. This is how some people put it. The tits.

The next story, Motherhood, will come around sometime next year.

I can't think of anything so pretend that this a long rage.
I've got to what a whole 'nother year for the sequel? why!? :raritydespair:

3534739
I meant 2014. Hopefully around the end of Spring

Good job Rated.
Another good story with really good depth.
I'm looking forward to the sequal. :scootangel:

a most excellent story very much looking forward to the sequel! Though to be honest, I hope it includes some reconciliation between Rainbow and her parents as well.

Great job!

Dang nab it, now I gotta find a box of nails to help me wait for the sequel.
Good work, pardner. :ajsmug:

Well. Incoming revenge!

I look forward to it, man.

~Skeeter The Lurker

That ending was beautiful :fluttercry::fluttercry::heart:. Also incoming revenge? I feel like were gonna see Applejack kick some serious flank :ajsmug:

Just wait til you meet Rainbow Dash Gale! I have a feeling she'll have more then a few choice words for you! :rainbowdetermined2:

3534749 I know you meant 2014, I just can't wait that long.

Oooh...vengeance? I look forward to it.

I cried so many tears reading this :raritycry:
you need to make a part where Rainbow meets her mother again, that will be a touching reunion

3536563

Revenge with a Vengence

Revengence

3540369
I wanted to do something different. Usually in these stories they only "think" its their fault, but in this case Rainbow Dash did have a hand in killing Spectrum.

best story ahv read ever :pinkiesmile:

A second fic? You have my full attention, Gods damn, some ponies just can't let shit go, eh? Can't blame her though, next!!!:yay:

SEQUEL! Please

One of the best fics I've read here. I look forward to the sequel. Hope to not only see RD getting over her past, but also see her face her parents (mostly her mother), and rekindle her relationship with Scootaloo.

I actually really hope that the foal being thrust into AJ and RD's care is not an OC character, unless a descendent of an existing character or something.
Like if it's Fluttershy's daughter, then it will be okay... BUT IF YOU SO EVEN THINK OF DOING ANYHING TO MAIM SWEET FLUTTERS FOR THE BENEFIT OF WRITING THE STORY, I WILL HAVE DERPY PERSONALLY COME AND EAT YOUR FACE OFF!

3585804I'd enjoy that. :pinkiecrazy:

3593726
What? Fluttershy's child or Derpy eating your face?
Both sound cool in aspect.

3706506
Narm? Ouch. Harsh, but I understand. I appreciate you reading it and I thank you for your honest opinon.

So... the entire revenge thing is going to be lingering during 'motherhood'?

3706524
Yeah, but not the main focus. It will mostly be shown during the climax of the story.

Im super glad there is a sequel planned otherwise I would have felt shorted by this story the end wraps up rather quickly but knowing there will be more puts me at ease. Overall the story was great the emotions were strong and I was really drawn to keep reading to see what was going to happen.
Excellent job :ajsmug:

I liked it, but Eagleland? What, a country of eagles? Or is it a satire on America?

I liked the story, but the more I read, the blurrier the words got. No idea why that was. :raritycry:

Seriously. Ouch. I haven't cried like that in a long time.

Yay... sort of? It's not really a "happy" ending but I certainly didn't expect one. Probably would've been disappointed, honestly. This? This feels good. I know I'm super late to the party. Kinda fell off the wagon... and into a hole... which opened into a chasm... that fell into the Abyss.

But I'm back now! I just need to go through these 522 notifications! And any new stories I acquire from that. ... Ah hell. Well anyways, I'll be around.

Please keep writing, I'll keep reading!

Wow......just......wow. I didn't expect it would turn in this direction. I was kinda hoping that dash would fulfill her wish and beat gale with her own wings! Can't wait for the sequel!:pinkiesad2:

Edit: Wait there is going to be a sequel right?

Ehh , you know its 2015.. Right? A little late dear pale?

When do you think you'll be working on the sequel?

So I'm going to guess that you're not going to make the sequel. Right?

6572732
I am I just want to finish all the other tics I have

Can't even! Such Feels! :fluttercry:

AmAzing StOry :pinkiehappy:

Roller coaster ride. my dad even asked if i had been crying because of this. can't wait for the sequel

So sequal not happening?

7419658
Sorry it will I just want to finish so much other stuff

Login or register to comment