• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 20,337 Views, 1,117 Comments

Souls Apart - GnollReader



Two enemies wind up in Equestria due to a major mishap. Will they come to terms with this world? Most importantly, will they be able to put their old feud aside to survive?

  • ...
31
 1,117
 20,337

PreviousChapters
Sequel is up

Sequel is out along with the first chapter. Enjoy! ^^

The Apprentice

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 46 )

You... you rat b*stard... you're repeating the Reader's path, aren't you? Well, at least make sure to update it occasionally.

3297702 I'm writing as fast as I can! :raritycry:

Just a small warning about chapters like this:

In case you missed it.

I think its silly considering that the function your supposed to use is literally broken, but just a heads up.

Oh, and to be a little less grim. Sequel! Who-ho!

3297712

Take your time my friend! You have a Metric Shit ton of stories right now.

All of which are fanfraking tastic.

3300001 Meh they are mostly convicts oringaly from Scotland so they still come into the Scottish tag

Being Scottish myself that would be hell

3301881 That is even better. Thank you my good sir for showing me the better alternative.

I read this in 4 hours streight. its 12:19 am. good job.

3448674 There wasn't really any inspiration... I just wanted to turn the perspective on dark magic a bit ^^

And so I've reached the end.

"It was a bittersweet moment. The end of the road always is."

But now if you'll excuse me, I have a sequel to read!

Looks at story, sees this comment 3467462, "I gotta read this now" sees it's complete, "oh, to purgatory the read later list"
continues reading comments, find out there is sequel
"Time to read"

This was my favourite chapter. (hidden compliment)

You touched my mechanical heart.

What an amazing story I think there wasn't a single chapter which didn't made laugh at least once.

Keep it going. :D

3863431
3863468 Aaand, corrected. Thank you :twilightsmile:

You sir made my millennium! This is top quality work!:rainbowkiss:
Thank you for the awesome!:pinkiehappy:

Well I read the first part and gotta say, even for a flawed story it held my attention long enough.

Good points. It was funny. Really funny. The humor makes it worth reading alone.
Bad points. Overpowered oc. Usualy a turn off, but he had a good personality so I let it slide for the most part. My eyes were rolling every time the story touched on his cliched *dark past* and being the son of death was almost expected.

It's a comedy and not a serious story but those are the pitfalls of these kinds of characters. When making a serious story the character needs to have flaws which they overcome as time progresses. Its a comedy though, not a grand drama. I'm not reading this for character development, but for the lulz.

Still it's good and refreshing to see the overpowered oc humbled on occasion. One can only read about the Necromancer so much until one gets sick of him making everyone a fool with no come comeuppance of his own.

I'm gonna read the sequel, though.

4594835 Only when I stub my toe in the dark. now what are we talking about?

4597811 how is pointing out something i perceived as an error negativity?

4599582 But they clearly explained it! Well, not exactly clearly, but:

“What have I done?! You were the one storming into my lab and disrupting me in the middle of my work!” he pointed an accusing finger at her, “And that was very important research, mind you! For fuck's sake! You never cross the conjuration circle when said conjuration is in process! Don't they teach you paladins anything these days?”
She took a defensive stance behind her shield, “Don't you dare mock our order, lying snake!”
“And here we go with the names again!” he shouted at her, "Did you even think for one second when you stormed into my lab; 'Oh... maybe I should stay out of the fricking mana flow...' because, you know... the necromancer fucking tells you to!" he brought his hands to his temples, "What were you thinking?!"

I think that explains it quite nicely.

4600677 ah that, you misunderstand. the author at the time(he may have fixed it by now its been a year or so) hadnt put enough effort into describing what they looked like.

4601235 Then everything is fine~

4850901 Actually, it's a reference to the movie Brazil.

Google "form 27 stroke 6" and have fun! :pinkiecrazy:

5417726

Oh, Oppenheimer... stick to Los Alamos. :pinkiehappy:

5416987 Phallus meana penis.

5416987 Phallus meana penis.

5416987 Phallus means penis.

Is anyone else reading the Necromancer's lines in Gopher's voice or is it just me?

BLOODY FANTASTIC STORY. and funny

5872418

Terrifying? Nooooooo... that eldritch abomination of endless torment is AD'AWABLE! I'll pet it, and brush it, and call it George!

anyone willing to give this poor soul the premise of this story before i pick it up, want to know what im getting into before i start a binge read

Why did it take me this long to find this?

It will be my eternal shame, but at least now I have read it and it was glorious. On to the sequel. Let minor concerns like sleep not bother me.

BEST SHIT EVER! :yay:

7100206 not hate bruh, twas liked. gutt reference

this story is one of my favorites on fimfiction, it has amazing humor and a good plot.

Respect where it's due. You wrote a very entertaining story with cliche, yet amusing quips, the main antagonist who's overpowered as hell, but funny enough that noone cares and a few serious moments to keep it together. Thank you sharing. :twilightsmile:

A great story. It was really fun to read :twilightsmile:

If the main OCs in this story and the sequel were voiced, what would they sound like?

9247107
Calindra would likely sound like Ana's mom (Overwatch) and Aergard would probably sound something like christian bale (at least in my head :P)

This story is better than drugs.

Damn this is one of the good ones on this site. Kinda got side track from the main story but made it up with the comedy gold. I kinda sucks that your sequels never get Finnish but I also get it if you moved on to do better things, most people on this site usually do. I'm happy I got to read this and I hope who ever sees this comment gives this story a try too.

I have to admit this is a good story and every character is pretty much on point. But the necromancer I really really want to like him. But he has such an asshole personality that I knew. If I knew anyone like him in real life I probably would have put them through a wall. He has plenty of good qualities but his bad qualities by a pint of salt outweighs some of the good ones.

Login or register to comment