• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 20,310 Views, 1,117 Comments

Souls Apart - GnollReader



Two enemies wind up in Equestria due to a major mishap. Will they come to terms with this world? Most importantly, will they be able to put their old feud aside to survive?

  • ...
31
 1,117
 20,310

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: New location

"I had thought we had passed this phase..." Celestia said with a frown as she held him in her aura once more, "There is no need for you to fear us. You'll find this world is more than welcoming for new friends."

"I never agreed to anything, and I don't want new friends..." the necromancer grumbled as he flailed in the air, "I just want my peace."

Celestia shook her head with a sigh, "Such stubbornness in one so young... Luna, please hold him for a moment while I talk with the paladin in private."

Luna gave her a questioning look but took hold of the necromancer nonetheless. She held him up before herself while Celestia beckoned Calindria to follow her into another room. "Hey..." he greeted her with a calm voice as he floated before her, "You gonna let me down?"

"Depends..." Luna replied with the tiniest of smiles, "Are you still planning to jump out that window?" She was enjoying handling him like this, it helped to sooth her hurt pride after the incident in his mind.

"Maybe."

"Then I have no choice but to keep on holding you."

There was a strange moment of silence as the two observed one another. Slowly, he started to turn in the air. For a moment he looked confused, but then his eyes fixed her horn, "You're doing this on purpose..." he said with an annoyed voice.

"Maybe." she replied with a small smirk.

"Well stop it, or I'm going to throw up."

She stopped turning him. Again, the two observed one another in silence. It actually served to make her feel uncomfortable. Whatever was Celestia doing with the paladin? After another minute of silent staring, Luna thought about making an attempt at small talk.

He had shown them many interesting things and she wished to find out a bit more about his capabilities. A lot more, actually. She was keen to learn how he could have fooled her so easily. But where to start? She looked at him for another moment, trying to come up with a subject.

"You have nice robes." she commented with a strange tone.

He raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"Your robes..." she said feeling like a fool immediately, "They're nice?" At least she had gotten a response from him.

He observed her with a scrutinizing look and his eyes narrowed in suspicion, "Are you coming on to me?"

---

"Princess, I must ask this..." the paladin seemed nervous, "Is he really innocent?"

"He is." Celestia replied.

"It just seems so strange... I mean, he is a user of the black arts, even a master of them if the rumors are correct..." she shook her head in wonder, "Why would he save me? Of all the people?"

"I do not know." Celestia replied with a motherly voice, "But even though he has done his best to hide it, he is far from uncaring." a moment of sadness passed her features, "And he is sad... so sad it makes me wonder what could have caused him to become this way."

Celestia shook her head, "He is not a threat unless threatened himself, so much I am sure of. But his mind, I fear is very volatile. If anything, he is a threat to himself. He will need time to adjust to this situation, and someone to watch over him while he does." she turned to the paladin, "I cannot do this on my own, and we certainly can't keep him in the castle as much as I wish..." she chuckled, "I fear there are too many windows here. So that only leaves you."

Calindria made a surprised face, "Me? Watch him? I don't know if you noticed princess, but he pretty much hates my guts." she said with a guilty face. To find out he was innocent after all the years spent hunting him... all those fights with him... it had been a shock for her. Not as much a shock as finding out he had saved her though, but still a shock. "I can already hear him yelling at me... I can't even blame him after all those years..."

"And still, he saved you." Celestia replied with a smile.

---

"What?!" Luna nearly shouted in anger, "How could you even imply such a thing? I am a princess and deity of the moon! I would never..." her cheeks started to burn in a bright red as an unthinkable picture started to form in her mind, "If anything, I strive to act as paragon of virtue for our subjects!"

"Don't act so high and mighty!" he pointed an accusing finger at her, "I can see you blush from here! Don't you have a sense of decency? I admit, I'd rather put my dick in a can of boiling water before putting it in that paladin, but seriously... just because we're the only two of our kind here... you can't possibly think I'm that desperate! Or are you in heat?"

"You dare say such things in my presence!" she snarled at him in rage, but quickly tried to compose herself. She narrowed her eyes as she talked to him with a serious voice, "I would never stand for something as lewd as this. I merely tried to offer a nice compliment... It is demanded that a pony of my status always shows she understands the essentials of good manners."

"Good manners?... Your status?" he made an amused face, "Well let me tell you something, princess. Even you, even as the deity of the moon, are a mare." Luna's flush started to return. He leaned forward slightly and started making gestures to accompany his words, "And under that tail of yours, there's a little star, and beneath that little star..." his hands trailed through the air as he tried to mimic the shape with a smirk, "There's a big, fat, long cu..."

---

"So, in order to ensure he has a chance to adapt to this situation and to keep his thoughts away from high windows, I am sending the necromancer to a little town called Ponyville. I will place him under your supervision during this time. There is a small house on its edge, perfect for the two of you. Will you accept this request of mine?"

The paladin shifted nervously, "I'm not sure, princess... Are you really certain he is fit to walk among your subjects? He is extremely easy to anger and even quicker to anger others."

"That's why I am having you survey him. Make sure he is not placed in a position where he might act carelessly. Rest assured though, Ponyville is a peaceful place with kind ponies. One of my students lives there as well, she will certainly be happy to help you in any ways required. I am sure you will do just fine." she chuckled lightly, "I even think he was able to impress Luna with his skills, even though she would never admit it. He has probably already found a friend in her without..."

Their conversation was cut short as an explosion shook the castle walls.

---

When they rushed back into the room where they had left Luna and the necromancer, the smoke was slowly starting to settle. When it had cleared, they saw Luna blazing with magic and anger, and the necromancer sprawled out in a small crater on the floor. A little cloud of smoke escaped his mouth as he gave a groan, "Totally worth it."

PreviousChapters Next