• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 13,559 Views, 552 Comments

Discord's Daughter - Speedy Quill



Discord finds out that he has a daughter from his one and only romance.

  • ...
25
 552
 13,559

One Last Choice

Discord woke up to the sound of books falling to the floor. He looked down from his cloud to see that all the library shelves had been emptied. And their content now littered the floor. In the middle of the pile was Twilight. She looked up at Discord.

He shook his head. "I didn't do it."

"Of course not. I did!"

Wait... Twilight, Miss Everything Needs To Be Organized, had just...messed everything up?!

"Why?"

"I figured I'd reshelve the books before leaving."

Discord hopped off his cloud, floating down to the princess. "Leaving?"

She nodded. "I think it's time for me to head back to Canterlot. You're doing fine on your own here. You and Derpy have reconnected and it's been the best thing to happen to the both of you. That's what Celestia wanted."

Discord raised a brow. "So... You're going back to Canterlot? And leaving me here?"

"Is that a problem?"

He couldn't form a response. He wasn't sue how he felt about being left alone. He had gotten used to having ponies around. Especially Twilight for the past few weeks.

Twilight turned from the draconequus and began to sort books. Discord had to dive into the kitchen to avoid being hit.

---------------------------------

After pulling together some breakfast, Discord had decided to go for a walk. He needed time to think. Now he was walking down a street in his pony form. He looked around at the shops and the ponies. Could he learn to live here? He doubted that Ponyville would accept him. After all, he did try to make this the Chaos Capitol of Equestria once.

"Hey Dad!"

He was caught off guard as Derpy landed in front of him. Her smile melted away as she saw his look. "Is something wrong?"

"No. It's just... Twilight's going back to Canterlot."

Derpy's ears drooped. "Oh. That's sad. I really liked her."

"Me too. I mean, it's not as if I won't ever see her again, but still..."

"Are you going to leave too?"

He looked at his daughter. Her sadness was obvious. He pulled her in for a hug. "No. I could never leave you."

"But you don't want Twilight to leave?"

Discord froze. Even he was still surprised at some of he things Derpy could do. He doubted he would ever understand how she could read him so well.

"No."

"Then why don't you tell her?"

"It's not that simple. She's a princess. She has...princessy things she needs to do. Me... I'm just me. I don't have responsibilities. I can't just tell her to not be who she is."

Derpy stepped back, looking over her father. "Do you want to go back with her?"

Discord sat down. Did he? Did he want to go back to Canterlot? Or did he want to stay with his daughter?

He looked to Derpy. "What should I do?"

She smiled. "Whatever makes you happy!"

"You make me happy. And Twilight... She's beginning to make me happy too."

"Why don't you go with her then?"

The draconequus stared in shock at his daughter. "And just leave you?"

The pegasus giggled. "Well don't leave for good! You can come back and visit!"

"You wouldn't mind?"

She grabbed him in a tight hug. "I'm just happy I got to meet you. You've done so much for me."

He returned the hug. "And you for me."

As they pulled apart he smiled. "I'll come and visit as soon as I can."

"Tomorrow?"

"Probably!"

They laughed for a minute.

Derpy gave him one last hug. "Bye Dad."

"I'll see you soon, alright?"

"Maybe we could do more magic practice next time."

"I'd like that very much."

"And have some muffins?"

"Well what else are we going to eat?"

----------------------------------

Discord stepped into the library. All the books were back on the shelves. To him it looked exactly the same, but he was sure that everything had been changed.

Twilight appeared at the top of the stairs. "Oh good! I didn't know if I'd see you before I left. Were you out with Derpy?"

He nodded. "Yes. I was just saying goodbye."

"Goodbye? Why would you do that?"

"We're going back to Canterlot, aren't we?"

"I'm going back to Canterlot. You're staying here."

"Says who?"

"Says me! You should stay with your daughter!"

"She's a grown mare. She can take care of herself."

"And why would you want to leave?"

"Because you're leaving!"

At this point the two were standing nose to nose, their anger having risen with each statement. It wasn't until they pulled away from each other that he noticed Twilight was blushing.

Discord could feel a small smile forming on his face. "You should be careful with that temper of yours."

"I could say the same to you."

"This is going to be difficult, isn't it?"

"Possibly. I've never really..."

"Shall we go?"

"Yes."

They stood next to each other, their flanks almost touching.

Discord chuckled. "So who will break the news to Celestia?"

"About what?"

"Us!"

"There's no us!"

"Keep telling yourself that princess."

He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. With a flash of light they were gone.

Comments ( 69 )

so discord sparkle ship?

Well, that was...

Sudden? :rainbowhuh:

Wait wait wait....

Discord... And TWILIGHT?

I didn't see that coming into play at all. You mean to tell me that this WHOLE story was to get them together?

~Skeeter The Lurker

i can tolerate it, but I'm more of a Tia/discord fan

2806808 The weird thing is, I've read many a DiscoLight ship fics. In fact, that my most commonly read Discord fics. (And It's not even my favorite Discord ship)

Also encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbTsnMpBCmU5NjKqD_YxpPxFdS76iJpGqfqHbu8pY2fWcgLS0A please

PERFECT ENDING! YOU ARE A GENIUS AND YOU ARE DOWN-RIGHT BRILLIANT.

I never actually saw that coming...I expected Discord to stay in Ponyville, not go back to Canterlot with Twilight. GENIUS
:pinkiehappy: :derpytongue2: :twilightsmile:

Can't he just be in both places at once? What kind of a god of chaos isn't omnipresent? :trollestia:

encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEWosbf0CqE0_gtqpCXFQwD6C89CLLY4eQ6PTD_telZwTCbBmY6A
YAY, Discolight everywhere! It's my favorite TwilightXVillain ship and I'm sad this story is completed now.

The pegasus giggled. "We'll don't leave for good!

We're you out with Derpy."

Found some wayward apostrophes and a missing question mark. Thought you might want to know.

Also, the shipping.
:coolphoto::heart::coolphoto:

2806946 Thanks for that! I hate autocorrect.

i like

also, i sure hope that you have a sequel in the oven cus im hungering for moar!

2806869

The kind who never claimed to be a god and is merely a Spirit.

PLEASE tell me there'll be a sequel :fluttercry:

bust out the 70's music, we got a discolight!

lol XD
well i hope to see a part 2 to this and Celestias reaction to them lol XD

Huh. Something of an abrupt ending, but an enjoyable story over all. Thank you for it.

EPILOGUE NOW!! :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:
please? :twilightsmile:

Great end to a great fic!

*eyes Discord's little conflict* Y'know, there's literally nothing stopping him from zapping himself between Canterlot and Ponyville. Daily... Hourly... Come to think of it, couldn't he likely just be in two places at once?

Nice Fic. It made me laugh, made me cry. What more could you want out of a story? Except, perhaps one thing. Sequel?:rainbowdetermined2:

Great fic. Sequel, maybe?

That ending was absolutely Perfect! :twilightsmile:
I just wish i could give it more than one upvote and fav :heart:

This is a perfect openining for a sequel.

Have a sudden urge to read Twicord ships.

Heh, knew it. I could see the Discolight pretty much from the get go. Derpy will get one of the best stepmoms in the world.

:rainbowderp:

So, will there be a sequel called "Derpy's Mom"?

I am following you JUST to hope you post a sequel

2808407
"Discolight"
That is the single best pairing name I have ever heard.

2807648 Yeah, technically he could but if we expect him to do that how would that be chaotic. Then again, expecting him to do the unexpected..... whoa whoa not throwing myself into that loop again.:facehoof:

2806784 Discolight. Quite the pair.

Not a bad ending, I'm so bucking glad no one treated Derpy like a child, that really means a lot to me, shit, it's odd to see this be off, nonetheless, I'll be awaiting for what else you got brewing in your head:rainbowlaugh:

MY NAME IS FIM SAVE DERPY LUNADAMNIT.
STOP MAKING ME SQUEE OR ILL LOSE AN INTESTINE.

2809049 What about Flashlight?

2815434
It okay, but Discolight just has this ring to it.

2815449 But Flashlight also happens to be a real word.

2815457
But frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. :trollestia:

2815468 ♀♂♀♂♀♂♀♂♀♂♀♂♀♂

2815478
y u talkin about males and females? :rainbowhuh:

2815490 Sorry, those were suppose to be X's and O's.

2815499
EPIC FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rainbowlaugh:

2815505 Hey! That was a joke! §§§§§§§§§§§§§

2815509
well it 3 am imma go to sleep

2815515 Ok. Goodnight, my little Brogre.

2806784 We should call it, "Disco light".

Login or register to comment