• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 13,555 Views, 552 Comments

Discord's Daughter - Speedy Quill



Discord finds out that he has a daughter from his one and only romance.

  • ...
25
 552
 13,555

Distant Memories

Discord laid back on his cloud. Twilight had agreed to let him bring it inside for his bed. Sleeping on a cloud was by far the best way to sleep. He sighed happily as his mind wandered over the day's events. Derpy had remembered his face. True, she didn't know who he was yet, but it was a start.

He felt his mind slowing down as sleep overtook him. The last image he saw was one of Startail....

Startail sat across from him at a cafe. "You're not like a lot of stallions."

"Is that bad?"

She shook her head. "No. It's what I like most about you."

"Funny. I've never been liked before."

-------------------------------

Discord walked alongside Startail as she window-shopped. It was such a trivial thing to do, but he enjoyed being next to her.

Startail pointed out a hat. "Isn't that beautiful?"

"Would you like it?"

She seemed shocked at the question. "I couldn't ask you to buy that for me!"

"You don't have to. It's yours." He let his eyes look upward. She followed his gaze to discover the hat was on her head.

-------------------------------

Startail followed him into the forest. "Where are we going?" She smiled. "Somewhere romantic?"

"I want to show you something."

They entered a clearing and he turned to her. "You need to know this right now." He felt his body shift as it reverted to its original form. He waited for the screaming to start.

It never did.

-------------------------------

Discord pulled Startail into a hug. "I'm sorry."

She looked up and smiled. "Don't be. This was going to happen eventually."

He narrowed his eyes. "And yet you still didn't leave me."

"Because I know the real you. Everypony may think you're a monster, but I know better."

The sound of guards running through the streets made them hold each other tighter.

Startail released him and backed away. "Go."

Discord woke with a start. "Startail."

-------------------------------

Derpy rolled over in bed as she dreamed, a smile on her face.

She was dancing around in a circle. Tasty sweets littered the ground. She paused to pick up some candy and eat it. But it tasted bland.

She spit the candy out and looked around for different candy. But she wasn't surrounded by sweets anymore. She was in an old house. She turned in a circle. "Hello?"

A faceless mare faded into view. She held up an old photo strip. Derpy looked down at the pictures and saw the brown stallion she knew. Wait... Not a brown stallion. Discord! It was him, smiling and hugging a mare. Could this be who the faceless mare was?

She looked back up and jumped in surprise. The mare had her face back. She was the one from the photos. The mare opened her mouth and began to speak. Derpy couldn't make out what she was saying.

While the message was lost on her, Derpy began to notice something familiar about the mare. She was gray with a yellow mane. She had beautiful eyes. And she was a pegasus. Derpy looked down at herself. Gray, yellow, pegasus... This pony looked just like her!

"M-m-Mom?"

Derpy opened her eyes. She laid perfectly still as she processed what she had dreamed. A mare, a picture, and Discord.

Discord had known her mother.