• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 13,505 Views, 552 Comments

Discord's Daughter - Speedy Quill



Discord finds out that he has a daughter from his one and only romance.

  • ...
25
 552
 13,505

Cloud Talk

Discord laid back in the grass, staring up at clouds. He pointed up.

"That one's a rabbit."

With a snap of his finger, the cloud shifted its shape until it took the form of a rabbit. And then it started to hop across the sky.

Derpy giggled and pointed to another cloud. "That one looks like... A dragon!"

Discord tensed up as a cloud dragon began to form. He relaxed though as he realized it wasn't moving. His daughter could do some amazing things, but luckily she couldn't do everything he could.

It didn't seem to matter to Derpy. She was staring at the cloud dragon, her creation, in amazement. "Cool!"

Discord sighed. "Indeed it is."

They were silent for a moment. Discord couldn't help but think the day was perfect.

Derpy had something on her mind though.

"Could I ask you something?"

The draconequus could sense the reluctance in the question. He glanced at Derpy. "Sure."

"Why were you ever bad?"

He sat up, turning to the pegasus. "What?"

"Why were you bad before?"

He stared at her for several seconds. And she stared back, waiting.

"Well... That's just who I am. I'm the Spirit of Chaos."

"You're not now."

She smiled at him and put a hoof on his knee. "I like you a lot. So you can't be bad."

Discord smiled at such a naive statement. And yet he could tell she believed it.

"It's true I don't cause as much trouble as I used to."

"Why did you cause trouble?"

"It's just how I was born."

"Is that the truth?"

"I...I'm not sure."

A sigh escaped him as he was forced to think back on his early years. He had been a very practiced prankster. He had done what he wanted, when he wanted. And nopony could stop him. That was until Celestia and Luna had shown up to challenge his power.

"Ponies have always considered me a monster. I guess after a while even I started believing it. So I acted like a monster."

"I don't think you're a monster."

He smiled at his daughter. "Thanks."

"It's true! You're not a monster! My mother knew it and I know it too."

Discord looked down at Derpy. She looked just like Startail. Right down to the eyes. Those beautiful eyes that didn't show fear or anger. All they were capable of showing was love.

He put an arm around her and pulled her close. "If you're saying it, then it must be true."

"It is.... Love you Dad."

A single tear was rolling down Discord's cheek. "Love you too."

They laid back in the grass and looked at the clouds. Derpy smiled and pointed. "Look! A unicorn!"