• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 13,552 Views, 552 Comments

Discord's Daughter - Speedy Quill



Discord finds out that he has a daughter from his one and only romance.

  • ...
25
 552
 13,552

A Tale Of Derpy

Discord sat across from Celestia and Twilight. They had returned to the study to talk.

Discord was fidgeting in his chair. "How could Startail have been pregnant? We never..."

Celestia nodded. "You are the Spirit of Chaos. Stranger things have happened."

Discord rolled his eyes. "I disagree with that. Now what happened?"

Celestia closed her eyes. "Did you ever imagine living out your life with Startail?"

Discord nodded. Celestia continued. "Did you ever think that you would have children?"

Discord's eyes widened. He put a hand to his face. "Once. Before I left her. That's what did it." He slapped his face. "Curse my magic!"

Celestia shook her head. "It's not your fault. You didn't know your magic would do this."

Discord sighed and looked at Celestia. "What happened after I was imprisoned?"

Celestia's horn glowed and a book came off of one of the shelves in the study. It stopped in front of her and opened.

Celestia looked down at the pages. "Startail had a daughter. She looked just like her, a beautiful pegasus. She grew up in the village and was a normal filly like anypony else."

Discord nodded. "So she wasn't like me."

Celestia shook her head. "Startail told her about you when she became an adult. She became confused...and dangerous. She didn't know what to think anymore. Something sparked in her. Something magic. In a fit of rage, she disappeared in a flash of light. Just like you do."

Discord stood up. "What happened to her?"

Celestia closed the book and let it go back to its shelf. "I thought she ran away to live her life in isolation. I found out the truth a few years ago.... She appeared in Ponyville just before I sent Twilight there."

Discord and Twilight both stared at Celestia. Twilight stammered. "You...you mean she....she was there? Discord's daughter was...in Ponyville?!"

Celestia nodded. "What would have only been a moment for her, was centuries in Equestria. I don't know why she appeared there. I doubt she even had control over the magic. When I heard of a pegasus that suddenly popped into existence, I investigated." She lowered her head. "Whatever magic she inherited from you Discord, it damaged her when she used it."

Discord's shoulders slumped. "What do you mean?"

Celestia looked up at him. "She has no memory from before the accident. She's a very confused pony. She has trouble even with simple tasks. She can function normally it's just....harder for her. But I knew it was her the moment I saw her. Grey coat and a yellow mane, just like Startail."

Twilight gasped. "But..I know that pony! I've seen her around Ponyville all the time! That's Derpy!"

Discord turned to Twilight. "You know her? My...daughter?"

Twilight nodded. "Not personally, but Rainbow knew her a bit. She was always getting into trouble."

Discord rolled his eyes. "That sounds like my kid."

Celestia stood up. "Discord, I told you this because I think it would help you further your reformation. I want you to go and meet her."

Discord shook his head, fear creeping into his expression. "No. I couldn't! I'm not a parent!"

Celestia smiled. "I know. Believe me, I wouldn't be asking you to do this unless I thought you could handle it. And you won't be alone. As her first assignment, I want Twilight to accompany and help you."

Twilight's eyes widened. "Me? You want me to help?"

Celestia nodded. "Who better to help Discord than you, a student of friendship, with the task ahead of him?"

Twilight was silent for a moment before nodding. She looked up at Discord. "I guess we're off to Ponyville."

Discord looked at the young princess. "It seems we are. I doubt we'll succeed."

Celestia put a hoof on his shoulder. "Have faith in Twilight. And yourself. Together you can find your family."