• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 250 Views, 2 Comments

When a Door Closes a New One Opens - coolpony01



After Twilight Sparkle lost her parents due to being sent back to another reality she feels great sorrow and guilt for what her parents are going through and the fact that she misses them. Though this is not the end of her journet as she will gain fr

  • ...
 2
 250

Ch 71

Today I am anxious for there is a surprise test that I have to take for Princess Celestia. She didn’t yet tell me what is on the test so I’m studying over everything I have. I arrived in Canterlot by myself as Spike is still in school. “Princess I’ve studied over any possible field this could be and I brought pens and paper.” I said.

“It isn’t that kind of test Twilight.” Celestia assured me.

“I don’t understand?” I spoke with confusion.

“The crystal empire has returned.” Celestia said. I was confused because I have never heard of the crystal empire before.

“How can I help them I don’t think there’s anything in any of my books…”

“There wouldn’t be.” Celestia replied.

“Few remember it ever existed at all. Even my knowledge of the empire is limited. But what I do now is that it contains a powerful magic. One thousand years ago King Sombra, a unicorn whose heart was as black as night, took over the crystal empire.” Celestia explained. She went on to say that the crystal ponies were enslaved. And that he was ultimately otherthrown and turned to shadow by her along with her sister. But not before he was able to put a curse upon the empire causing it to disappear into thin air. Now that he’s returned someone will have to defeat him once again.

“Oh so it’s that kind of test.” I said.

“Yes now remember it must be you and you alone who saves the crystal empire.” Celestia said.

My friends of course would come but Spike had to stay behind for it was too dangerous for my son to take part in. I then noticed one of our pieces ofn luggage was quite heavy when we arrived. “Spike.” I said annoyed.

I saw him pop his head out. “I take it we’re here.” Spike said.

“Spike I told you this is dangerous not for a child to get envolved with especially not if that child is my son.” I told him annoyed.

“It’s too late for that now we outta just get goin.” Applejack said. If that weren’t the truth.

“Twiley you made it.” Shinning Armor said as he greeted us there we hugged happily.

“We’d better get moving there are things out here we really don’t want to run into after dark.” Shinning Armor said with fear.

“What kind of things?” Fluttershy asked fearfully.

“Let’s just say the empire isn’t the only thing that’s returned.” He said.

We traveled towards the crystal empire in the firggid cold. “Something keeps trying to get in. We think it’s the unicorn king who originally cursed the place.” Shinning Armor explained.

We then heard a creature howling in the distance. “That’s one of the things isn’t it.” Fluttershy stated.

“We have to get to the crystal empire now!” Shinning Armor yelled alarmed.

We then heard a sound and saw a giant creature made of smoke with red glowing eyes with green around and a dark purple smoke around the eyes.

We began to run as fast as we could. I made sure that Spike stayed by me no way in tartaruous is that thing going to hurt my son.

I realized that my brother stayed back to fight while we all got inside the empire. He then returned and I went over to him. “Oh no Shinning Armor your horn.” I stated with care.

When I saw Cadance we did the dance we always do. But I realized that took a toll on Cadance and almost caused the spell to break. That was when I noticed that her magic was what was repealing sombra likely due to her light and love but she couldn’t go on like this forever.

We realized that we needed to get the crystal ponies in a positive feeling of light and love in order to empower the crystal heart. So we did this by having the Crystal ponies celebrate the crystal fair because light and love are what powers the crystal heart but we still needed to find it. So Spike and I went looking in the castle. I found this old passage using an ancient spell meant for finding powerful objects. Celestia taught me that since none of the crystal ponies would know such spells it makes sense that none of the crystal ponies who rebelled over the false king would find it. I then saw myself at this door. When I went through I was in delight to see my… parents. The humans who raised me all those years ago. I have found memories about them. Like how we would always celebrate every single holiday together or how we would go out for ice cream during the summers or drink hot coco during the winters. It was just so magical and I don’t know how to thank them. I then realized they looked upset. “How could you choose them over us?” Mom said, sounding hurt.

I looked sad. “I didn’t choose them they’re my family too.” I stated.

“That’s right.” I then saw Shinning Armor, my uncle, my grandmother, my son, Celestia, Cadence, and all my friends gathered in a corner.

“It would only be fair if one of your families gets all the love for it would feel like your missing out otherwise.” Dad said feeling hurt that I left them even if it wasn’t by my own choice.

“What I can’t choose you’re all too important.” I stated.

“Choose!” They yelled.

I then saw my son. “Mom are you alright? I saw you done here and you were staring at that door.” Spike said.

I then saw my son eyes go red with green “Ponyville? How did I get?”

“No! I don’t want to go please mom don’t make me.” He said. I felt sympathy for my son and shut the door.

“King Sombras dark magic. A doorway that leads to your worst fear.” I stated in realization.

“You told me that I was better off without you that you were too afraid you’d mess up and that I should look for a better mother.” Spike said sadly.

“A fear that will never come to pass.” I stated as I embraced my son. I’m glad I know about this fear because we can talk about it and make sure he overcomes it.

I then realized the stairway would keep going. And I went to use my magic to go underneath it using a spell I learned and went that way. King Sombra truly does know advantage magic but so do I. I thought confidentaly. I then saw the crystal heart but I knew it was a trap but no matter what I did I couldn’t avoid the trap.

“You have to get out of there mom. You have to be the one who brings the crystal heart to Cadance. If you don’t you fail Princess Celestia’s test.” My son said.

“King Sombra is already attacking the empire. He could reach the crystal ponies my brother, Cadence, my friends.” I then looked at Spike. “You have to be the one to bring the crystal to the faire.” I stated.

Spike knew better than to argue with me when I was determined.

“Hey up here! I got the crystal heart!” Spike yelled.

Sombra noticed but Cadance was quick enough to retrieve him in the air.

“Behold the crystal princess.” One of them said. She may not be the original crystal princess but she certainly fits the role she does have the crystal heart as her cutie mark after all.

“The crystal heart has returned. Use the light and love within you to make sure that king Sombra does not.” She said.

Everyone began to feel their hearts lifted up at that for the crystal ponies were finally free when the spell came to life we all turned into Crystal Ponies.

“It’s beautiful.” Celestia stated as she stared at the crystal lights that had appeared.

“I’m sorry I failed your test. But there wasn’t any time.” I stated.

She then laughed. “Failed me? Twilight as I understand it, Spike brought princess Cadance the crystal heart because you weren’t sure how quickly you could find a way to escape the tower.” Celestia then approached me. “You weren’t willing to risk the future of the citizens of the crystal empire in an effort to guarantee your own. Far better that I have a student who understands the meaning of self sacrifice than one who only looks out for her self interests.” Celestia said proudly. I ended up passing the test with the fact that according to Celestia things such as self sacrifice are what are essential and worth being admired over.

There was a big celebration for my son. He received a golden heart the honor given to those who do a noble deed. He was even given a mural in the Castle showing his victorious virtue over king Sombra. I was really proud of my son and happy for how my life has turned out. I have an amazing family, friends, a girlfriend who loves me as much as I do her. And know my son is truly growing up by gaining an understanding towards the value of giving and protecting those that need it and I couldn’t be more proud of him. It is unfortunate what happened to him not long after but I knew that if I worked hard enough I could rescue him.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment