• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 249 Views, 2 Comments

When a Door Closes a New One Opens - coolpony01



After Twilight Sparkle lost her parents due to being sent back to another reality she feels great sorrow and guilt for what her parents are going through and the fact that she misses them. Though this is not the end of her journet as she will gain fr

  • ...
 2
 249

Ch 24

Things haven’t gone well. I graduated and celebrated with my friends but Lyra and Vinly’s parents found out about the events that took place on my birthday. They weren't too thrilled to find out that they were acting so informal with the pictures of us being on the school yearbook and felt that such behavior was unbecoming of a noble and would show disgrace to their family. They also weren’t thrilled to find out that they are friends with me since I am not only a noble but come from a middle-class family. They also felt that I shouldn’t be Celetsia’s student or enter her school because I was not of noble class. They said that they cannot spend time with me anymore or Octavia. Since Octavia is a servant of the Vinyl family, they felt that Vinyl being friends with them would be unbecoming.

“Miss Twilight with your status it would be best if you don't socialize with our children, we can’t have a rabble rooster poisoning the mind of our foals.” Vinyl’s father told me. I felt angry at the blatant disrespect coming from these nobles, but I shouldn’t be too surprised since the nobles don’t exactly have the best at heart for the lower classes.

I couldn’t even talk to Octavia since her entire family was fired from their job and they had to move because the Vinyl family was very influential in Canterlot. I believe it was in Ponyville.

I also heard that Lyra and Vinyl moved as well; they lost their noble title by having relationships with commoners. Vinyl with Octavia which isn’t much of a surprise since they are foal hood friends and have always been close in a special sort of way. And Lyra found a mare named Bon Bon and I heard she’s very kind and even a baker. Since Lyra has a sweet tooth and loves kind mares, I'm not surprised they got together. I also do believe they moved to Ponyville.

Her parents don’t keep contact with them and have already stopped contact with them all together. Stallions their greedy sons of bitches for not even caring about their own foals.

I haven’t made any new friends. I was just too heartbroken Spike has grown worried about me because of this but I still have my family and Celestia that should be enough. I’ve been focusing more on my studies lately. I do love learning about culture and magic after all and so I focus on that.

Spike hasn’t been doing all that good. Last year they put this new policy for Canterlot Education that each school there is required to show videos from the Conservative Equestrian Education Organization. The videos genuinely suck they state that Equestria was founded by ponies and that it was the ponies that united the land. But this does not mean that Equesteria should only be for ponies nor its founding celebration. It's a wonderful holiday and should be seen to embrace love and friendship for not just ponies but for any sentimental creature.

We’ve been thinking of moving since Spike’s friends already moved due to these new conservative policies seen in Canterlot schooling that seem to segregate against non-ponies. I haven’t told Celestia yet since I don’t want her to be saddened by my absence, but I have to do what is best for me and Spike. Besides my friends who live in Ponyville now, I may as well visit. Little did I know I would be visiting Ponyville very soon but not in the brightest circumstances.