• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 250 Views, 2 Comments

When a Door Closes a New One Opens - coolpony01



After Twilight Sparkle lost her parents due to being sent back to another reality she feels great sorrow and guilt for what her parents are going through and the fact that she misses them. Though this is not the end of her journet as she will gain fr

  • ...
 2
 250

Ch 68

This year since I have a marefriend now. I figured I’d celebrate Hearth's Warming Eve with her. I am very excited I never got the opportunity to celebrate with the mare I love before. Spike will also be there he already got presents from his grandmother, great aunt, and his uncle at their Hearth’s Warming Party. When I arrived I saw a smile on Fluttershy’s face. “Twilight, Spike, it’s so good to see you.” She said happily.

I chuckled “It’s good to see you two Fluttershy.” I said pleasantly.

We then made ourselves at home and also helped Fluttershy give her animals all their Hearth’s Warming treats she’s very generous and kind to her animals each year which I am glad for. I remember when I was yonge with my parents and I would always show care towards animals. They always admired my kindness as I admired theirs. I miss them but I know better than to dwell on that. We then sat to have some Christmas dinner I can see it was yam as usual per Christmas Dinner. There was also fish there for Spike and me Fluttershy didn’t mind and actually encouraged it since she wanted to make sure that she was accommodating which I appreciated her for.

We then listened to carols. I found that Fluttershy appreciates many of the oldest songs like Hark the Founders. While also appreciating many of the new one’s especially frosty the snowman and to my pleasant surprise Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. Fluttersy and I even kissed under the mistletoe it was so romantic.

We then went to bed that night awaiting the coming morning for more presents.

I was excited when I woke up and so was Spike. I couldn’t wait for Fluttershy to open my presents. She'll love them. We went downstairs to here Fluttershy humming a beautiful tone. “The morning oh the morning is wonderful.” Fluttershy sang. We smiled and approached.

“Oh you started me Twilight.” Fluttershy said.

“Sorry Flutters.” I said apologetically.

“Well don’t be. No harm done.” Fluttershy said.

“So what are you cooking?” I asked.

“Oh I’m making pancakes and eggs.” She replied.

I felt a little guilty since I know she doesn’t eat meat. “Oh it’s perfectly alright plenty of sapient creatures need meat in their diet and I know that some ponies have such things in their diets too it’s no big deal.” Fluttershy said, noticing my fear.

We then pleasntaly enjoyed our breakfast. Spike was all to happy and Fluttershy and him have gotten along on this holiday swimgly she even read him a story last night. And I loved the one she picked it was the brave little dragon. It’s such a cute story about a dragon who was little and picked on but grew stronger and wiser and even became dragon lord it’s moral is to not judge one by the cover but through their actions. And I heavily agree with such morals.

Afterwards it was stocking time Spike got some candy and even a cd from Fluttershy from his favorite band Coldplay. I got a few cds and dvds. Fluttershy got some treats for her animals as well as an expensive candle she eyed at the store but was too kind herself to buy for herself.

We then opened up presents. Fluttershy chuckled as she opened up the main present bandages and ointments designed specifically for little animals to help them heal faster she has a lot of little animals and knows this will be very helpful for her passion.

I chuckled as I opened up a book from one of my favorite films Fantasia I just love all the scenes like the dance of the sugar plum fairies and the dancing hippos specifically. I then saw that she even found a chernabog hat something I will love. “Aww thanks Flutters.” I said gratefully to my friend.

“You’re very welcome Fluttershy I think Santa Hooves would agree with me that you were very nice this year.” Fluttershy said.

“And I think Santa Hooves would think the same about you to.” I say happily.

“Same with me.” Spike said delighted.

“Of course you’ve been good this year Spike. You’re always there for your friends and that’s something worth a present or two and is more meaningful then even that.” Fluttershy said.

We then enoyed our time watching a Hearth’s Warming movie known as a Hearth’s Warming Tale by Lisney one of my favorite of the Hearth’s Warming movies. It is just so cartonnihs yet with a moral lesson much like all Lisney movies. Afterwards we went to go say goodbye to Fluttershy and headed off back home. I smiled knowing that we had a good time.