• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 249 Views, 2 Comments

When a Door Closes a New One Opens - coolpony01



After Twilight Sparkle lost her parents due to being sent back to another reality she feels great sorrow and guilt for what her parents are going through and the fact that she misses them. Though this is not the end of her journet as she will gain fr

  • ...
 2
 249

Ch 37

“Spike get up it’s winter wrap up day.” I said excited that I can play my part in helping the town prepare for spring.

The mayor then spoke and gave out a speech about how to properly prepare for the coming spring unlike my old home we have to change the seasons ourselves and I can’t wait to help in Canterlot it was done by powerful unicorns but in this place it is traditionally done by earth ponies and I can’t wait to help.

I went to Rarity to see if I could help with making birds nest I could see that I was doing a majestic job with my crafting skills so I stayed for a while. Until I heard commotion it seems that Fluttershy was having a bit of trouble getting the animals up.

I decided to help. “Uhm Rarity since you’re doing alright here I was wonderifng if I could go and check up on Flutters.” I said politely.

“Of course Twilight.” Rarity said.

I then went and she was delighted to see me yet anxious at the same time. “Thank goodness you came Twilight the snakes are being a bit sassy with waking up and I could really use the help.” Fluttershy said in appreictaion for the help.

I smiled “Of course Flutters anything for a friend.” I said.

I tried waking them up but it didn’t go so well they really are sassy. “Well I guess we’ll have to wait to wake them up.” Fluttershy said.

“That’s okay I’m going to check up on Applejack.” I said.

“Hey Applejack you look like you could use some help.” I said.

“Oh I’m not to sound rude but I don’t know if you can handle it it ain’t like magic.” Applejack said.

“Well I’m actually pretty strong and I’ve done work like this before back in Canterlot.” It was true I’d help the other earth ponies manage their crops multiple times during the year including this time of year.

“Well I’ve never turned done a hard worker.” Applejack said.

“Thank you Applejack.” I said. I then began my work and I was steady but peachy it was going fast and I knew what I was doing Applejack was impressed. She’d probably never seen a unicorn so passionate for something like farm work. But I’ve always appreciated the craft I even had some farming friends back in the day.

“Well I won’t lie you certainly know what you’re doing.” Applejack said while smiling.
But then I noticed that things were going to slow and that we may be late for the spring.

“Rainbow Dash ya’ll on the weather team need to melt the rest of this snow on the ground and the trees pronto.” Applejack said.

“You can’t. My poor little animals homes will be flooded if the snow mels too fast.” Fluttershy interjected quietly.

“I’m telling ya Rainbow you gotta melt that snow now.” Applejack said.

“No we simply must wait.” Fluttershy said again.

“Go.”

“Stop”

“Go”

“Stop”

“Ugh make up your minds.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Oh, what in Equesteria are all you arguing about? This sort of sillness is why we were late for spring last year and the year before that and the year before that!” Mayor Mare said.

“Did she say late?” I asked confused.

She then began to look worried. “I was hoping my amazing speech would urge everyone to do better than last year. But now it looks like we’re going to be later than ever before.” Mayor Mare said.

“If only we could be more organized.” I smiled at that. Knowing I could help tremendously I helped in ensuring that more than one pony was maintaining the birds nest and that people put the hay out at the same time. We also had the plants layed out while the ploying wasbeing done to make it easier for the plants to grow. So this way we could wake the animals up from hibernation slower.

I sent a message to princess Celestia that today I learned that people have different traditions and that’s okay and that these traditions should be valued but there are still ways we can help. I smiled knowing I did a good job this year.