• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 249 Views, 2 Comments

When a Door Closes a New One Opens - coolpony01



After Twilight Sparkle lost her parents due to being sent back to another reality she feels great sorrow and guilt for what her parents are going through and the fact that she misses them. Though this is not the end of her journet as she will gain fr

  • ...
 2
 249

Ch 6

Recently I passed my exam to enter Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns and I met Spike. He’s the young dragon that was hatched by accident. We have no idea who his parents are. Celestia sent various peacekeepers throughout the dragon lands to determine who the parents are but none have said anything. At least not yet but we doubt anyone would also want to determine if any dragon could take care of him. That was also a negative given the fact that every dragon couple was already busy taking care of their own. And so we will be watching over the young one.

It doesn’t bother me much. I'm actually quite glad to be the one to watch over Spike. He’s very sweet and a good kid.

I know how to take care of him. I've been reading all sorts of books about how to take care of dragons so I’ve been feeding him milk with fish. He needs his nutrients. He especially loves fish. I'm not surprised he is a dragon after all. I’ve been making fish for both of us, mostly tuna because it’s his favorite which many of the other ponies look down in disgust at me for.

I didn’t realize that it’s a common cultural taboo among our people to eat meat. It started from all the meat that was consumed during the time of the wendigos in order to survive. The ancestors were disgusted with how they chose to treat their animals so most ponies abandoned meat altogether except for the farmers and laborers of course they needed meat for all their hard chores. They even judge Spike for eating meat which I always give them looks of disgust at that. He needs meat his body requires it more than ponies and he’s an infant at this stage he should be eating all the meat he can get. They shouldn’t judge another species just because they’re different.

I mean why would I judge another species? I eat meat too. After all it was just a cultural thing and a health reason for my parents back home since they knew my body required a lot of protein and they felt that meat would be good for me. This is true for all ponies but we’ve still let go of that natural need and moved past it. I understand why of course I mean the air nomads didn’t eat meat for similar reasons but they never judged people for eating meat.

Anyways, today is my first day of classes and I’m not gonna lie I’m a little bit nervous. This is after all a very advanced school. I will also be around ponies and I’m not gonna lie. I'm still not that used to being around other ponies other than my family, their friends, and Celestia of course. But I’m ready to learn from the classes I’m interested in and can’t wait. I’m taking classes like philosophy of magic.

I just entered my first class of the day, it was Griffin History. We are required to learn of the history of every country while in this course to get a broader idea of the world around us and I can’t wait!

“Good morning students, I am Professor Ink Quill. I will be your Griffon’s History Teacher for the semester. This is a grand course where all students are required to share their ideals about griffon culture and its history, so I don’t expect any slacking off.” She said with passion and a firm tone I can tell she’s gonna be a tough teacher but I’m fine with that.

I saw a student next to me looking a bit nervous. She was a unicorn of course with an aquamarine coat, frizzly hair as that was the style that was a pale grayish cyan with white highlights. It kinda looked like toothpaste ponies and their bright colors. Lastly she had brilliant gamboge eyes. I also noticed she had a pair of braces on

“Alright for the first question: who was the founder of the original griffon kingdom.” The mare asked.

I raised a hoof “Miss Twilight.” She said,

“Asearnous.” I answered knowing it was correct.

She nodded her head and continued her lecture. We discussed the original kingdom of the Griffons and its bright culture with its meat delicacies to its duelings amongst its soldiers. It was all very interesting and I loved every bit of it.

She asked a few more questions and the mare next to me answered some of them. She seemed to know the history but had less care towards it than me at least. Though she did seem interested in its musical history with the invention of the lyre she even answered who the creator was likely a musician. Maybe I should get to know her.

I then went to several other classes and then lunch I saw the mare again sitting by another white unicorn with, a tomboyish cobalt blue and brilliant cyan mane and tail as that seemed to be her thing, moderate cerise eyes, and a black musical note for a cutie mark. I could see her friend had a golden lyre for a cutie mark.

There was nowhere else to sit but I didn't mind that they seemed nice and.. Fun kind of like my old friends. “Excuse me, do you mind if I sit here?” I asked politely.

“Well of course you can.” The turquoise unicorn responded happily with a cheerful tone. I liked her cheerful tone. It was fun and upbeat.

“Thank you.” I said kindly.

“So you new kid on the block.” The white unicorn asked.

“Well I wouldn’t say I've been here for a while.” I said.

“Sorry, just a joke about the band, the new kids on the block.” She said.

“I love that band.” I answered excitedly.
“Same here who doesn’t like their stuff.” The mare said.

“What are your name’s?” I asked curiously.

“Oh our name’s are Lyra Heartstrings and Vinyl Scratch.” Lyra said.

“Those are lovely name’s so your musicians.” I asked curiously with a polite and interested tone.

“You bet we’ll be well known some day and hate to brag but we’re pretty good.” Vinly Scratch said.

“Well I certainly can’t wait to listen to whatever “tones” you create.” I said happily that I got into this unique conversation.

“Why thank you I write music with my lyra.” The turquoise mare said.

“Well that’s cool, I love classical and modern music.” I said.

“You’d probably like my friend Octavia. She's into classical music and culture.” Vinyl said with proudness.

“Cool, does she go here?” I asked.

They both gave looks “She can't 'cause she’s an earth pony.” Vinyl said in annoyance at the unfair restriction.

“That isn’t right no one should be denied access to this institution if she has a gift it should be carefully nurtured and developed.” I said.

“What did you say your name was again” Vinyl asked curious

“O it’s Twilight Sparkle.” I answered knowing they would instantly know who I was.

“No way thee Twilight Sparkle Celestia’s new apprentice.” Vinyl said with shock.

I smiled and nodded “It wasn’t easy but I’m passionate about all things cultural, politics, and magic. So she chose me.” I said.

“That’s really…. amazing.” Lyra said impressed.

“Thank you so which New Kids on the block song is your favorite I love Dirty Dancing.” I asked

They both smiled. “That’s our favorite.” Lyra said with some noises with her branches she blushed back embarrassed.
“Well that’s kinna neat so you’re into rights such as gay rights right.” Vinly asked.

“Well of course I am a lesibain after all.” I answered.

“So are we.” They both replied.

“Oh I’ve actually never met another lesbian before.” I said.

“You haven’t.” They both spoke in shock.

“Well no see the place I was before… didn't really accept gay relationships and my parents were really well known and I didn’t want to create anymore problems. I mean I knew they wouldn’t care but I did care about what others would say about them for having a daughter with such things.” I said

“Sorry you had to go through it rough. our folks don’t know either, we're not exactly sure how to tell them since they’re nobles at all.” Vinyl said.

I smiled “Don’t worry I won’t tell.” I said.

“We appreciate that you wanna go shopping with us sometime. There's this great store on Canterlot road that sells all sorts of trendy merchandise.” Lyra offered.

I smiled, “I’d like that.” I answered and with that I knew I finally made some friends.