• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 250 Views, 2 Comments

When a Door Closes a New One Opens - coolpony01



After Twilight Sparkle lost her parents due to being sent back to another reality she feels great sorrow and guilt for what her parents are going through and the fact that she misses them. Though this is not the end of her journet as she will gain fr

  • ...
 2
 250

Ch 52

Today is Spike’s birthday. My friends and I have decided to give him presents. He will be getting more than usual as I have more friends to give them to him along with our family’s presents. He even got a special order at Sugarcube Corner with a jem filled large cupcake He seemed really excited though a little concerned as he did not wish to be greedy. He really is a great kid.

He even gave rarity the fire ruby I gave for him for his birthday and Rarity gave him a little kiss. Which made Spike grow happy and blushy. I know he has a crush on her it’s adorable. He even wouldn’t let me wash his cheek when it got old and dirty so I had to do it by force.

I then noticed a change in him. Spike started to grow and grow fast I also noticed that he began to horde objects.

We went to the doctor and even they didn’t know what was going on despite them being experts on dragons. I then noticed that his eyes began to glow green I grew worried as I realized he was likely under some sort of spell. So I sent a letter to Princess Celestia asking her what to do.

She didn’t have time to respond as things got worse. His hoarding went out of control he began to hoard Applejack’s trees and we tried to stop them. He then grew larger into a nearly full grown dragon. The guard was sent out and Celestia arrived and seemed not to surprised. “Whoever did this to that sweet an innocent dragon must pay.” Celestia said angered.

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked to Celestia.

“Someone or rather somepony likely cast a powerful spell on him to cause his heart to grow with greed we must find a way to get him to remember who he is.” Celestia said worried for the yonge dragon.

He then took Rarity and we grew worried. “Put me down brute.” She said not knowing it was Spike.

Spike then saw the fire ruby that he gave Rarity.

She then noticed that he seemed to notice. “Oh no! You are not getting this gemstone! This was given to me by sweetest dragon I have ever met. And it is too precious to me to give to a greedy monster like you.”

That made Spike grow saddened as he remembered giving the jem to her.

Spike then went back to his usual size. “Spike you’re the rampaging dragon?” Rarity asked.

“Rarity I need to tell you something, just in case we don’t make it. I’ve always sort of had a crush on…” Spike was cut off when Rarity put a hoof by his mouth and just smiled showing she always knew and found it to be adorable and sweet.

I then caught Spike with my magic as quickly as I could. “Spike I’m so glad you’re back to normal.” I said joyful that my son was back.

Spike sawed the disaster he caused but he was clearly a puppet but I want the puppeteer.

“Do not fret Spike, none of this you were under the influence of a powerful spell.” Celestia said in assurance to the sweet hearted dragon. “Now that you are back to normal I simply have to check the source so which ever pony was responsible come forth.” Celestia demanded.

The canterlot castle librarian then approached. I rolled my eyes of course it was her. Her name is Ink Scroll I believe. And she has always been against the idea of having dragons living in Equestria as her son was attacked by one. She always said they’re nothing but greedy brutes but that’s not true they’re fiercely protected of their loved ones and have many aspects of culture and while dragons eat meat they are not known for eating sapient creatures unlike some cancel culture ideas have theorized.

“Ah Ink Scoll I figured it was you.” Celestia stated.

“How could you allow dragons into this country you know a group of them killed my son. All I wanted was to protect the land from such beasts.” She stated.

Spike grew guilty at that. “Spike you’re not a beast it’s clear who the real culprit is.” I stated angrily at the mare.

“He is a savage beast. I merely amplified his greedy nature. He would of been consumed by his greed eventually.” She stated.

“My son is not greedy. He wasn’t even greedy on his birthday for crying out loud what makes you think you can judge an entire race based on the actions of a few.” I stated in annoyance.

“My faithful student is right you can’t just judge an entire race based on a few instances. Ponies have done very horribly things last year the nobles attempted to have the settler ponies build an orchard on Buffalo lands just to avoid finding a better place to build the Applelosian orchard you said that ponies should be held accountable for their actions but only those ponies who committed it how is praytell is this any different.” Celestia said.

“Because their race has always had a savage prideful nature.” She said codly.

“Then you will have to simply say goodbye to your freedom because as of now you are charged with casing an illegal spell, fraud, and causing damage to Ponyville. The maxium sentence you should know for all of this is thirty years and believe me I will make sure you are punished to the fullist extent of the law for I know the dragon race and their lands will not be thrilled for an Equerstrian to attempt to fraud an innocent baby dragon Guards! Arrest this mare.`` Celestia stated.
The mare was then arrested and I went to Spike “Don’t worry Spike you know this wasn’t your fault and now we can enjoy the rest of your birthday.” I said exicenly.

Spike was excited by that but also a bit worried since it was technically the day after. He really is such a good kid. “Don’t worry Spike after this you earned it.” I said knowing it was true.

I was so proud of my son for the lesson he learned.