• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 249 Views, 2 Comments

When a Door Closes a New One Opens - coolpony01



After Twilight Sparkle lost her parents due to being sent back to another reality she feels great sorrow and guilt for what her parents are going through and the fact that she misses them. Though this is not the end of her journet as she will gain fr

  • ...
 2
 249

Ch 50

“Today’s the day cutie mark crusaders. I can just feel it.” Applebloom said confidently.The four cutie mark crusaders then came with bowling balls.

Spike is happy to be with his friends despite the fact that he won’t get a cutie mark. He can still look and find what he is talented at and that’s the real point of discovering one’s cutie mark.

Though they didn’t do a good job other than Spike as he has pratice from his mom.

Applebloom was grumpy throughout the day in contrats to her friends cheerful moods. Spike noticed and wanted to say something but he diddn’t because he didn’t want to deal with her attitude when she gets like this.

“That bowling was fun even if all I got was a gutter ball.” Sweetie Belle said exicednly.

Scootalo then looked at her with a smile. “Yeah you’rs was certainly better than mine.” Scootaloo complimented.

“Not as good as Spike though.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Well I have pratice that’s all you need to have fun no cutie mark is required to have a bit of fun.” Spike stated.

That annoyed Applebloom but Spike just stayed quiet knowing better than to say anything.

She then went into the everfree forest to visit Zecora to ask her advice or if she has a potion that may get her her cutiemark.

“Applebloom what has happened to your youth. Ah you have gone and chipped your tooth.” Zecora said in her usually cultural rhythm.

They talked and Zecora said that what she seeks is something she must discover on her own.

“You’re frustration is well understood but one must be patient for all things good.” Zecora told her it was an important lesson for everyone to learn since patience often does bring good things.

Applebloom then noticed that she had a potion called the hearts delight and she took it because she could gain a cutie mark that way.

I grew worried when I heard that Applebloom got a second cutie mark because of the fact that I’ve heard of cutie pox before. It was where ponies had multiple cutie marks on their flank and they had an uncotrable desire to perform each of them it went away on it’s own but a cure would be needed.

So we went to Zecora. She was already in town and thought that everyone was avoiding her again. We explained that something had happened to Applebloom and she knew what.

“Applebloom what do you say? Did the flower mysteriously just walk away.” Zecora said with a smirk of knowing who was responsible for this.’

Zecora said that she had the cure from the seeds of truth but they could only bloom if the words were true and pure. I thought this was a good thing since admitting the truth is the first step to fixing one’s mistakes.

Applebloom then admitted that she took the potion and that’s what was causing the effects. A flower then formed and the cutie pox went away. Applebloom apologized to Zecora and her friends which Spike was proud of her for as it showed she was growing into a better her. She even wrote a letter to the princess telling her what she’s learned with the fact that you may try to take a shortcut for your heart's desire but such dishonesty doesn;t work and you have to earn your heart's desire for it to be true. I was happy for Applebloom for learning such a valuable lesson.