• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 250 Views, 2 Comments

When a Door Closes a New One Opens - coolpony01



After Twilight Sparkle lost her parents due to being sent back to another reality she feels great sorrow and guilt for what her parents are going through and the fact that she misses them. Though this is not the end of her journet as she will gain fr

  • ...
 2
 250

Ch 34

My friends have told me of this “resident” of the everfree forest and to stay away from her because of the fact that the everfree forest just isn’t natural. I personally find that to be hogwash because ideas such as animals fending for themselves and clouds moving all on their own is really common traits of the natural order in my previous home.

I then noticed they were hiding from her and I asked why they were doing so. And I heard that they were scared because she lives in the Everfree Forest I found that to be rather ridiculous since I know from my lessons in Canterlot that the Everfree Forest is much like the plains the zebras hail from. And I told my friends that but they didn’t budge because of the fact that most lands just aren’t like that. But it was still wrong to discriminate against her over her culture style.

My son and I moved around and I noticed that everypony was in their homes.

“Is it some sort of holiday.” Spike asked.

“Not that I know of.” I replied.

“Is it… zombies.” Spike said.

“Uh not very likely.” I answered to my son and his over imagination.

“Psst.” I heard Pinkie Pie whisper. “Twilight.” Pinkie popped her head out the door for a second. ‘Spike come here.” Pinkie Pie said.

“What are you all doing in the dark?” I asked to my friend.

“We’re hiding from her.” Applejack said.

I then saw that the person in question was a zebra and I got skeptical. Was that the reason they were hiding? Because Zebras are very common in Equestria and that’s just wrong.

“Did you see her Twilight? Did you see Zecora?” Applebloom said.

“Applebloom I told you never to say that name.” Applejack scowled her sister.

“Well I saw her glance this way.” I said.

“Glance evily this way.” Pinkie Pie stated.

I just groaned in annoyance.

“I’ve never seen here in Ponyville didn’t you say she’s from the Everfree forest.” I said.

“And that dont strike you as a bit weird it just ain’t natural plants grow,” Applejack said.

“Animals care for themselves.” Flutterhsy added.

“And the clouds move.” Rainbow Dash said.

“All on their own.” My friends all spoke at once in fear.

Pinkie Pie then began to sing a song about how mysterious she is which I found to be very offensive.

They said that she comes to Ponyville once a month and lurks by the stores and digs at the ground.

“Okay I’m sorry how is any of this bad. Maybe she comes into Ponyville to visit.” I stated.

“Yeah maybe she’s trying to be neighborly.” Applebloom added on clearly on my side in this.

“And maybe she’s not lurking by the stores. Maybe she’s going to them lurk free to do some shopping.” I added on.

“Yeah everypony loves to shop.” Applebloom stated.

“Applebloom let the grown ups talk.” I was annoyed that Applejack wasn’t talking her sister seriously since I always hear out my son’s feelings.

We then saw that Applebloom went outside. We went looking for her since I don’t have a problem with an adult living in the Everfree but I sure do have a problem with a filly visiting it.

She then began to speak.

“Beware! Beware! Zecora said.

I then saw the next day that I woke up with my horn all goopy and off. I was pretty sure that I knew what had happened but I needed to go and see her. I heard my friends went looking for her but I got there first.

I knocked and she answered. “Hello student of Celestia. I see you realize that what may appear so may not meet the eye.” She stated.

“Yes I’m pretty sure it was posion joke but I don’t have the cure for it.” I stated polietly wondeirng is he could help.

“Do not fret for a yonge filly is to arrive with the ingredients yet.” She stated in the common rhyme of the Zebra culture.
I then saw Applebloom. “Applebloom this forest is too dangerous for a yonge filly such as yourself.” I stated angrily worried for her safety.

“Ahm a big pony ah can take care ah myself.” Applebloom stated.

“Your friend has a point still, this forest still can leave one with quite a chill.” Zecora stated.

Applejack then arrived along with the rest of my friends. They realized that Zecora was only trying to help and they apologized for assuming the worst and thanked her for the help. Mayor Mare noticed this and made sure that no one would deny Zecora entry into Ponyville since it was illegal to deny one entry into a town or it’s public shops for not being a pony even if it was over superiticous rather than speciesm.

We wrote a letter to Celestia stated that we can’t make assumptions about people otherwise we won’t make friends and that if we just open our hearts out a new friend may be in reach. I found that message to be very inspirational and just well special. I smiled glad that I didn’t judge Zecora and that I know can get to know her.