• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 250 Views, 2 Comments

When a Door Closes a New One Opens - coolpony01



After Twilight Sparkle lost her parents due to being sent back to another reality she feels great sorrow and guilt for what her parents are going through and the fact that she misses them. Though this is not the end of her journet as she will gain fr

  • ...
 2
 250

Ch 14

Today I’m going to visit my aunt. Her name is Twilight Flare. She has a gray coat, a mane like mine but with a light color of blue. She is very fun and supportive. She’s always supported me when I came out to her and hasn’t stopped. She’s always found the idea of homophobia to be outdated and archaic unlike her sister who always believed that people should do as they were told for status reasons.

I met her at this restaurant. “Hey Twilight, how have you been doing my little Sparkler?” That was her nickname for me.

“Oh, I’ve been doing great Auntie. I even recently went out to see a movie with my friends.” I said pleasantly at the memory.

“Oh, what did you see?” She asked curiously.

“Die Hard.” I answered.

She chuckled at that. “You really are like Velvy.” She said,

“Who's that?” I asked.

“You’re mother.” She answered.

“Oh.” I said awkwardly.

“You know she wasn’t always liked that she used to be really friendly and well fun we got into so much trouble together.” She said happily at the memory.

“Really?” I was surprised I haven’t heard much of my mother until after she went and left me in that other universe.

“Yes, we did so many things we shouldn’t have. There was this one time we dyed our hair pink. It was your mom’s idea.” She said,

“I had no idea she used to be like that.” I said in disbelief.

“I know it’s hard to imagine your mom as anything other than cruel and ridiculously money oriented but you have to believe me she wasn’t always like that but one day she went into money trouble and it… changed her she started to become too obsessed with her work in the magic field and instead focused on that and societal status rather than her own family when she married Night Light she just got even worse.” She stated.

“Well, that doesn’t excuse what she did.” I said, still angry at the fact that my own “mother” sent me away even if I’ll never look at her as my mother. Only Kuvira deserves that privilege.

“I’m not saying you'd probably like her if the circumstances were different but sadly, they weren’t and even if she became more work oriented, I would never say that excuses what she did.” Twilight Flare said.

“And neither will I, so how has your day been?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

“It was lovely I got to go on a date with that handsome stallion.” She said,

“Oh, that’s wonderful.” I was happy that we were in a different discussion. I don't want to talk about my “mother” quite yet maybe one day but not quite yet.