• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 250 Views, 2 Comments

When a Door Closes a New One Opens - coolpony01



After Twilight Sparkle lost her parents due to being sent back to another reality she feels great sorrow and guilt for what her parents are going through and the fact that she misses them. Though this is not the end of her journet as she will gain fr

  • ...
 2
 250

Ch 31

Spike has become good friends with Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. They formed a little club called the cutie mark crusaders and they said Spike could still be a part of it even though he won’t get a cutie mark since he can still have talent in any field. They do so many things together like crafts, baking, or outdoor activities. I am so glad he was friends and am proud for him being so diverse in his activities.

“I gotta go mom the girls and I want to try and see if we have any skill in zip lining.” Spike said.

“Oh be careful.” I said cautiously not wanting him to get hurt.

“We will.” Spike said as he hugged me and left to go join his friends.

Spike ran over as he met up with his friends. “Spike what took ya so long.” Apple Bloom said.

“Sorry girls mom needed the rest.” Spike said applogetically.

“Well it’s alright we were just about to get ready.” Scootaloo chimed in excited it was her idea to try get zip lining cutie marks after all.

“Are you sure Scootaloo we’re pretty high up and we can try something else.” Sweetie Belle stated.

They then went and fell down.

“Aww man that was a bust.” Scootaloo said annoyed.

“Well we could always try something that won’t get us as many bruises I think it should be Apple Bloom’s turn.” Sweetie Belle said.

“How bout baking mah family are masters at the baking craft and ah could teach ya a few tricks.” Apple bloom suggested.

The other two fillies didn’t do so well baking but Spike did and he found that he quite liked it from mixing the ingredients and especially preparing the icing he would make sure to ask his mom if she could teach him a few tricks since he had discovered he had such a passion for baking.

He came back later all covered in tree sap. I chuckled. “I take it your idea didn’t go too well.” I said.

“Aww no but Apple Bloom helped me discover that I have a passion for baking and so I wouldn’t mind if you could maybe teach me your tricks.” Spike asked.

I smiled “Let’s begin.” I said. And we began to bake together like a family.
We arrived to find the mare in question showing off her skills.

“My my my what boasting.” Rarity said.

“Come on no pony’s a magical as my mom.” Spike said.

I blushed at that “There’s nothing wrong with being talented is there.” I asked.

“Nothing at all. Excelting when some one goes around showing it off like a school filly.” Applejack said.

“Just because one has the ability to preform lots of magic does not make them better than anypony else.” Rarity said.

I nodded my head in agreement.

“Seriously, what's with people in showing off? Magic smazik boo.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Well there appears to be some neigh sayers in the audience who is so ignorant to challenge the ability of the great and powerful Trixie. Do they not know they are in the presence of the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria.”

Rainbow Dash then flew over by her. “So Great and Powerful Trixie what makes you think you’re better than anypony else.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Why because only the Great and Powerful Trixie has magic strong enough to vanquish the dreaded Ursa Major.” Trixie said.

“Don’t listen to her she couldn’t of.” I said to my friends but didn’t really want to show off my talent because I’m not that kind of pony.

“Alright how about you.” I felt fear as I thought she pointed her hoof at me but I realized it was Applejack.

“Well then hayseed.”

“That’s it.” Applejack said.

All my friends went and ended up being bested by Trixie but I didn’t have the heart to go and show off my magical talent because I didn’t want to look like a show off.

But my friends we’re understanding Not everyone is the type to show off after all.

But I realized that I should of showed off my talent to show that Trixie’s powers were limited because of the fact that those two colts from earlier wanted to see Trixie defeat an Ursua major forutnaly it was an Urusa minor. But it still did damage to the town and Trixie was humalted which I was glad for for spotting such dangerous lies. She then left and I decided to send a letter to princess Celestia since I send one to her every week about friendship. It's just something we do know. I said in that letter that a friend can stand up for another friend without showing off and it may sometimes be good if it will show one is not as powerful as they may think because everyone needs a little humility after all.