• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 4,079 Views, 321 Comments

Ponies Versus Starcraft - ambion



Silly Starcraft Pony Scenarios. Sometimes stuff explodes.

  • ...
14
 321
 4,079

PreviousChapters
Exchanges

The relic...shrine...temple - truth be told Luna didn't know what to class it as. Just as soon as she thought she had a grip on exactly what this place was, a new level would reveal itself to her, a new complexity of design made by architects on some very illegal substances.

It was dark and quiet here, and while Luna was stranger to neither quality, this did not mean she was enthused about them being here.

Ah, but she was focusing on the negative again. Some of the most basic functions had been brought online, by the joint efforts of the Mule's mechnical understanding and the dark archon's unexpected talent in percussive maintenance on the ancient systems. So far this really only meant lighting and heating and doors that opened and shut with an artificially induced whoosh, but it was a start. Even better, they'd gotten the Wifi up and running.

Race making, world building, star crafting powers the original builders here might have wielded, but a good skype connection was not among them. But again, Luna reminded herself not to dwell on the negative. She could talk with her sister in the evenings - at least, what proved to be evenings in Equestria, here they could be anything, if solar measures had any value here at all - and if the video was scratchy and the audio shaky, at least they were not incomprehensibly so.

It was a reassurance, one that went both ways. You didn't need to talk about anything in particular, that wasn't how it worked. It was just knowing that she was there, and she was listening, that was key, and Luna spent the slow hours of each day pining and broody until the evening rolled around and a chance for contact swung around again.

That contact had done another thing for Luna. It had reminded her of the date. Hearth's Warming Eve. She knew she should be committed and focused to the task at hand, but could give the mysteries of this place no more than a perfunctory few moments of thought before her attention turned to the holiday once more. She had every intention to honour the tradition, and every desire to send something special Celestia's way as well.

Her small band had not been easy to cater for, but ingenuinity and more than a bit of scrouning about this forgotten place had paid dividends. For her somewhat insane dark archon (all dark archon's being quite insane by default, so to have one that merely combined the distilled cyniscism of one mind and the childish simplicity of another was, by and large, quite mild as these things went) inspiriation had not struck, it had billowed.

Certain of her privacy, Luna had torn down a section of curtain in what once might have been some entity's chambers, perhaps a resting booth of sorts. It was a dark, flowing material, dusted with age but amazingly resilient, even to magic, and Luna had worked at it for a full two hours, hemming and folding, setting and binding. It had yielded under her efforts and became what Luna was content to consider quite the trendy scarf, with tassells and everything, and even came in the same glinting, shining black as the pieces of visible under the ever-present red glow.

Mulia Mule was in some ways easier to accomdate, but in other ways harder. She at least was Equestria born, and that should have made things easier, but it prompted Luna to do even better and she had very little to base any direction of thought on. Did you treat her as a quiet spoken, easily rattled lady who incidentally could drive a quite ordinary blade through four inches of steel, or did you treat her as a warrior of shadow who happened to be a quiet spoken, easily rattled lady on the side?

In the end it hadn't really mattered, and Luna had decided that between two gifts, one was certain to strike close enough the truth. The remainder of the dark curtain had been just enough to make the most ominously shadowy tea-cosey ever devised, and the night's alicorn had been very surrepitious in 'borriwng' the mule's teapot for initial testing and design.

With it, a set of throwing stars improvised from scrapped Xel'naga materials, adapted with a spell that caused them to accelerate in a burst of speed as they were tossed.

The Mule (the mechcanical one) had been harder to think for. Luna's experience with such a thing as an automation was limited, and while the Mule was decent and civil in every feasible way, it had mostly kept to itself, leaving the mare little to go on. This, she felt, was a case best left until a quiet consultation with Mulia could hopefully provide some new thought to grasp, some different angle of approach. If not resolved, at least a course of action had been decided upon, and Luna was content to leave it at that and return to the crux of her concerns.

What to get Celestia? Admittantly, there was no shortage of ancient, mostly dead and vaguely eldritch technologies laying about here, but Luna dismissed these out of hoof. Old and creepy was not the right message at all.

For all she wracked her brains, nothing was forthcoming. There were no scarves or teacosy inspirations on this one, and Luna felt driven to poke around, further and deeper into this labyrinthine construct, and perhaps what she sought would present itself in due time.

Author's Note:

I won't hide it - I'm tired as balls as I wrote this, here and now, so that this chapter is even less planned than usual. That said, it is friday, and this is the 'get something in for the weekdays' thing I mentioned before in a blog or something.

Consider this a seperate, mini arc for the holidays if you will.

(I have very little idea what I'm doing)

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 31 )

It's still adorable fun. I love your description of Mulia. Definitely looking forward to this arc and go get some sleep!

Sleep well, and this has a kind little nature that translates very well. Have a superb holiday!

>Ponies Versus Starcraft
WHERE THE FUCK HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?.....

high master zerg here , gonna be sure to check this out one later.....

3659599

High master? I'm always bouncing up and down between silver and platinum. And zerg is one of my three favourite races!

3660549 yup , gonna go see if i feel like getting gm now , you can come watch here as im going to be streaming for the day http://www.twitch.tv/iamll3
(yeah im desperate for viewers , everyone else always has at least 10 and i always have at least 0.....)

iseewhatyoudidthere,anditwasn'tfunny.....

I comened you on your skill at writing and demand MORE!:flutterrage:

4325505

I was joking. There are a variety of ways to protect ghosts, I'm aware.

4326317 ......Your a special kind of stupid, you know that?

4333065

NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.

4333131 Let's see magic stop that.

4333172 ......It is quite obvious i am surrounded by pony wankers.

4333382

If you're going to be inflammatory, at least be entertaining. Go bother someone that can be bothered

4340277

Not in 1v1, which is what the competitive players always used.

That said, it's technically possible to pull that off as zerg, now. You can build a nexus or command center with infested units. it's silly.

4333382

If you don't like pone, why are you on Friendship Is Magic Fiction?

Also, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFunny

it's a comedy

they do what they want.

4333065 You had better be glad that I don't know who you really are you know.

4464436

That works for English, obviously. I said there was a Latin word or short phrase for it.

1349165 she's a practical mare that solves practical problems

4333382 I would really like to know just what you are doing on a site dedicated to ponies fanfictions, with an avatar that is a pony and still tring to be isulting to bronies.

4340304 I supose that is true.

4639854 I still enjoy the online community; the only problem is that nearly the entire MLP fan community makes the ponies godlike and somehow able to beat anything.

4641196 Then if you truly believe that then you have not read sufficient fanfics or even see enough episodes.

5191928 Really? You have never heard of TCB, Chatanoyance, or War of the lost race?

5194145 *Alondro eats all the Fluttershy's!* :fluttershbad:

NOM NOM NOM I AM TEH EVILEST!!

4333382 And Marvel Comics is mutant-wanking. And Harry Potter is wizard-wanking. Superman is... Superman-wanking. And the Twilight Saga is... just full of wangst. What's your point?

Every time 'powers' end up in the canon, you can always take them to extremes because they can't exist in our world and if they did, who can say what the limits would be?

5194081 They pretty much consist of sheer pony wank, making the ponies ridiculously overpowered past their canon abilities and saying that humans are evil. (Hell, humans have a fucking hole in their soul in one of the stories.)

5194389 Huh, I seem to come across the opposite more often than not. I remember way back then reading a story where Equestria's big cities got nuked by Nightmare Moon using ancient human atom bombs.

More recently though, it's some sex crazed race called Caribou enslaving anthro Equestria. Didn't want to touch those with a ten foot pole.

And there was also an interesting story where all the ponies magic reserve was like a bucket, and when a human showed up, he was like a black hole for magic.

Frankly, I think it's an even split of who kicks who's ass.

5195041

Science vessel's first ability is an energy shield. This is not its name, but this is what it is.

5195275 The stories it mentioned ARE filled with wank. Yeah, there are stories on the human side, though.

So update?

Login or register to comment