• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 4,079 Views, 321 Comments

Ponies Versus Starcraft - ambion



Silly Starcraft Pony Scenarios. Sometimes stuff explodes.

  • ...
14
 321
 4,079

PreviousChapters Next
The Apple Family reenact The Discord (no not that one!)

Nope. No story here. This is the serious business instead.

It has come to my attention that in my bid to record and divulge the events depicted in prior reports to you, the readers, I have possibly made a grave oversight.

Indeed, it can be taken for truth that the vast majority of understanding with you all lays with the lore of the pony, but not the lore of brotoss - the bromigos, the broblerones of the Bropulu secotor.

This realiziation has filled me with great Ai- ire. Great Ire.

I have cajoled the Apple family into reenacting the historical saga known as ‘The Discord’ (no not that one!).

Granny Smith = The Conclave.

Applejack = The legendary hero Adun

Apple Bloom = The Nerazim, aka the ‘rogues,’ the ‘dark templar.’

Big Macintosh = The will of the Khala.

The breakfast table = the Khala.

Without further Adun...Adieu, let it begin!

It was a morning like any other, and after what felt like an Age of Strife, Apple Bloom lifted her sleepy head from the pillow. Her family rose and shined early, so inevitably she did too. At least, she rose. Shined...not so much.

“Apple Bloom!” rang out the creaky voice of Granny Smith. “Get on down here to the breakfast table, you slow poke!”

“Eeyup.”

Grumbling with sleepy annoyance, the filly made her way down stairs.

The table, was heavy with food - toast and beans, butter, milk and porridge. It was, in many ways a good, hearty meal, and the filly didn’t particularly dislike it, it’s just not what she wanted.

“Where’s my chocolate frosted sugar bombs?” she asked, peering about the table for the manically colourful cereal box that started her day.

Granny thumped a hoof on the table, rattling the cutlery. “Now don’t be silly, I had Applejack throw out that rubbish, it’s not fit for a filly of your age.”

“Eeyup.” The orange pony, for her part, sweated in her seat, shifting this way and that uncomfortable.

Her eyes wide, her lip trembling, Apple Bloom stood up. “But I like my chocolate frosted sugar bombs!”

Granny sniffed loudly, brooking no argument.

“This is plenty good for the rest of us, so it’s plenty good for you.”

“Eeyup.”

Applejack laughed nervously, trying to glance surreptitiously at her granny before turning to her sister. “Just...just eat some breakfast. Just a little bit.” the orange pony said, making some weird expressions at the filly.

Apple Bloom was having none of it. “But I want my sugar bombs!

“Nope.”

Granny peered across the table. “Excuse me, little missy, but that kind of behaviour will have you sent to your room.”

“It ain’t fair!”

Applejack cleared her throat noisily. “Bloom, now listen to me. It’ll be fine. Trust me. Now have a bite.

Apple Bloom moped, taking a pitiful bite of her porridge.

“I got something you can help me with around the back of the barn after, so hurry up, ok?” the sister said, and something in her smile called to the filly.

“Excuse me, ya’ll, but I’ve had plenty and want to get started.”

Granny nodded with approval as the mare left. Apple Bloom could only wonder.

It was only when she felt Granny Smith was satisfied that the youngest, littlest Apple family member ducked away, hastily excusing herself from the table.

What she found plastered a smile wide across her face, because what she found was Applejack, two bowls, and a box so manically colourful.

“I thought Granny told you to throw them out.”

“So she did,” Applejack said, affectionately tussling the filly’s mane. “It didn’t feel right. Oh, Granny means right, you know that, but it didn’t feel right. I mean, she shouldn’t knock something ‘til she’s tried it, right?

“So I did, and I realized, these are ok too. I think I’d still prefer some good warm porridge to this every day, but they ain’t bad.” Applejack caught the querulous look about her sister’s eye. “Hoping you don’t mind I tried some.”

If anything, the filly beamed with joy. “Nah, sis. They’re better when you share ‘em.”

Applejack chuckled. “Ain’t that sweet of you.”

“What about Granny Smith though?”

“Eh, this can be our secret,” the mare said, and poured out two bowls. As they ate, crunching in silence, they watched the sun brighten the land into a most beautiful morning.

“Thanks, Applejack.”

“For what?”

“For...everything.”

PreviousChapters Next