• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 5,386 Views, 98 Comments

Queen of the Dead - Viper Pit



All are equal in death that is a fact how ever there is one exception. The queen rules death and she doesn't take kindly to immortals who deny her what is rightfully owed

  • ...
20
 98
 5,386

Battle day-2 a surprise guest

No. Nonono. Why is that foolish foal here right now?!

"Sombra, what are you doing here!? I thought I told you to say safe." I distressingly shouted at Sombra, who nervously flinches at my question, but the bipedal thing with white hair with him speaks up before my adopted son can. It is wearing some sort of armor and it has a rather unique look to it as it is layered across the arms, legs and the helmet has a fancy looking crest? on it.

"Wait, that's her?" It spoke in such a deep masculine voice indicating that it is, in fact, an adult male.

He knowingly brought my son into an obviously dangerous situation. That is a sin that can not be forgiven with mere words but with their blood and soul. I raised my hand on to this new threat and the other towards the Alicorn. After all, I haven't easily forgotten her DISGUSTING presence.

"Soul Shackle." Once both are hit by my attack and their limbs were bound linked together in ethereal chains, I prepared to slam them into each other. "Get away from my son, you fiend."

"Look, lady, I don’t know who you are," He said as he tries and fails to stand up. "But Sombra was the one who summoned me in order to come to find you. He was worried about you. I am not your enemy here!” His words will not easily persuade me for it felt like a ploy to lower my defense and be exploited.

“Please mommy, I’m scared,” Sombra cried out. I glance at him to see him giving me such tear-filled eyes and pouted lips. This expression is what I believe is called puppy dog eyes, a manipulative method for weak-willed individuals and parents.

“Fret not, little Sombra. I will protect you.” I stated as I slammed the immortal abomination and the thing into each other "But first, I need to take out the trash."

“Oh come on… COME ON!!” He exclaimed as he very clearly getting irritated and as his anger intensified, I can see red lines fuming out him. "I’m RIGHT HERE!!!" He screamed.

As he wishes, so shall it will be granted.

"Soul Shatter," I said as I raise my hand again at him but before my spell can be released, I felt a heavy sensation and that's when I see the abomination Luna's horn through my neck. My body collapsed as my head was basically decapitated out of my body. It was still somewhat attached, of course, but the effect is still the same. It also cancels all of my current spells.

Well this is inconvenient, just as I was about to have a swift victory as well. It seems that they will look after Sombra after all. Well, at least my blood will inflict the one that pierced me with a powerful yet random curse at least. Come to think of it I wonder why Sombra isn't cursed since he has my blood on him as well. Questions for another day.

"SKEITH!!!" The voice of the uninvited guest screams at the top of his lungs before. I could hear something happening. Due to the position of which I lay, I couldn't get a clear view but I did hear the sound of a massive attack before I am picked up and suddenly moved to a cave. "That should buy us some time," He says before sitting down for a moment. Once everything has calmed down the thing from earlier sets me down and both he and Sombra start examining my wounds. "Is your mother okay, Sombra?" He asked I can hear the genuine concern in his voice.

"I dunno, I’ve never seen her get hurt like this before," My son said as he embraces my body with care and sadness.

Oh Sombra, you are in so much trouble for disobeying me. I think as I just barely notice the other creature cast some sort of spell on my neck as I can feel the healing of the hole, except for my spine.

Once I feel the holes healed, I quickly stated. "You two are idiots, " Once I speak the pair jumped in surprise. I glanced at our unwelcomed guest's direction. "Why would you bring a child into a battle?"

"I’m so sorry, Mother. I was just worried about you.” Sombra said as he hugged me that much tighter.

I would have hugged back, but my neck still had a hole, making my body effectively incapable of mobility for the time being. Though I can feel it healing at a rapid rate which was a pleasing result

“It’s alright Sombra but as soon as my spinal cord is better you are grounded until the day you die,” I said quite seriously. I then, with what limited mobility my neck allows me, I turn towards our guest. “My name is Loreley, by the way."

“Pleasure to meet you,” He replied back. “My name’s Haseo.”

“I wish I could say the same. Because of you, I lost one of those filthy immortals.” My voice gave away the fact that I am very annoyed. "I still need an answer. Why did you recklessly bring a child to a battle?"

“Would you believe me if I told you I couldn’t say no because-”

“Puppy dog eyes?”

My interruption gave him some pause before he continues with his explanation. "That’s one bit. The other was that he was hoping that you were okay was what caused him to summon me here in the first place.” He took a moment to explain the initial encounter with Sombra back at the village as well as take out the small figurine.

To make statements short and brief, Sombra discovered the figure in an unknown location, made a childish wish and summoned this Haseo creature.

Oh my neck is ready. I pondered as I noticed that I can move my fingers again.

"I see." I take a moment to pop my neck back into place. "Ahh, much better. Now, I don’t know about you, but a hole in the neck is not all that pleasant of an experience.”

“Try being encased in ice for a thousand years. That’s worse.” Haseo muttered in response. He must have thought that I wouldn't be able to hear him.

Oh how feebly wrong he was.

“Encased in ice for a thousand years and you have no ill effects from that?” I cast my crimson red eyes at the rouge with unbridled rage. “If I discover that you are a DISGUSTING immortal abomination, your soul will be mine for all eternity. Understand?”

“That wasn’t what I meant at all. If anything, I’m… not from this world,” For a moment, he looked towards where Sombra was. As if a bit nervous at what he was going to say next before looking back at me. “Can we have this conversation somewhere else, I rather not have Sombra overhear what I’m going to tell you.”

"Fine." I simply replied as I summoned my hands from the battlefield before I placed them infront of me and Haseo."Get on." I order and he gets on his hand without hesitation, once he was standing, I take us high in the sky out of Sombra's hearing range. "So, why did you want some privacy, Haseo?"

"There is a reason why I did not want for Sombra to listen,” He told me, clearing his throat and letting out a sigh. “Back where I’m from, Sombra isn’t a child, but a full grown adult. One who was driven mad with power, had me take the blame for the murder of the Crystal Empire’s ruler and was the one who encased me in ice for a thousand years. I’m from a future where he isn’t the sweet son that you see now, but a ruthless tyrant who went as far as to sacrifice his own well being for unrivalled power that he did not know how to control or understand. He’s the one that made me be known as ‘The Terror of Death’ back where I am from. All because he wanted everything for himself and his own desires.”

There was a brief pause after he said that as the sound of owls could be heard hooting in the night sky. But not long after did the adept rogue ask a new question. “Does that explain why I was concerned?”

“Indeed. Even now, I see a spot darkness within the deepest depths of his soul. He always wants to learn my magic and how to use it. However, I refused because he is unable to learn most, if not all of it. For the magic of the dead is not for the living.” I explained to him.

He asked another question after I finish answering his last one. "Loreley, would you happen to know what an Umbrum is?”

“The name is unfamiliar in my vocabulary and memory yet for some unknown, familiar in my heart to me.” I replied as my curiosity ever growing.

“It means Shadow Pony,” Haseo explained. “That’s what Sombra is. He is one of an entire army of Umbrum that is buried under the Crystal Empire. I know of this because, where I am from, I am raising one as my daughter. And I… well, I don’t want your son to turn into the power hungry Umbrum that I had to slay back where I’m from.”

“I see.” I folded my arms as I continue. "Well, from what I know is that a creature composed of all sorts of random parts tore families asunder and moved entire plots of land. I know that some of those are true for when I arrived the land was chaotic until a large wave of rainbows washed over everything."

"Wait, you mean Discord? The draconequus?" Haseo replies in shock.

"I know not the creature's name, nor his species, Haseo. I just know what I saw and that when I first met Sombra, he was covered in cotton candy.”

“Yeah, that sounds like him,” Haseo replied back. “Discord is a draconequus, some kind of pony-dragon hybrid with the talon of an eagle, paw of a lion, foot of a dragon, hoof of a pony, a horn and antler of his head. He is known for his Chaotic magic such as making it rain chocolate milk from cotton candy clouds with just a snap of his talon. However, yours seems to be more hostile because mine would just do this stuff as a prank.”

“Perhaps, but I believe we are getting off topic here.” I pointed out.

I cared little for this Discord creature. However, as a precautionary idea, I placed a mental note in my mind if I ever encountered this creature in the near future.

“Fair point,” Haseo replied back. “Though, there is one other thing from what you said that I might know. That rainbow you were talking about.”

“And what could you know about it?” I asked suspiciously.

“That’s not an ordinary rainbow. That’s magic from a set of powerful artifacts called the Elements of Harmony,” The adept rogue told me. “Six gemstones filled with harmonic magic that were composed of six virtues of friendship. Honesty, Generosity, Laughter, Kindness, Loyalty, and lastly, Magic. In my time, it has been used to vanquish powerful villains and ‘fix’ damages and losses that were the result of those said villains. When they are used, their magic takes the form of a rainbow. Like what you said.”

“How interesting.” I pondered what he said before something clicked in my mind. “If what you say is true, then who would of been the wielders from your point a thousand years ago?”

“Back in the past, Celestia and Luna had to use them,” He responded. “In the present… or my present to be more precise, they are wielded by six mares who each represent one of the qualities of the elements. I believe that’s all I should say though, because I don’t want to offload too much.”

“Then I gotta hurry and get back to the fight. Too much time has passed. If the immortals do indeed have these elements, then I gotta finish one off before they can use them on me.” I start to go back when his words reach my ears and cause me to pause.

“Can I ask you something though this time?” He told me. “What are you specifically? I mean, I have introduced myself, told you what I was and more about me, but I’m just as curious about you. If anything, I would think you are the living incarnation of death itself. A piece of the circle of life that one can’t just simply ‘defeat’ if you know what I mean.”

“As I said before, my name is Loreley and I am the Queen of Death. I cannot die until all life in this plane has been extinguished through natural or unnatural reasons.” My words seem to take him be suprise as he doesn't say anything for a moment, so while he gets over his shock another qustion pops into my mind that I want the answer for. "While I have you, I must ask you something. How did you forged the trinket? The one that Sombra used to bring you here?”

“I’m not entirely sure,” He told me, looking down at the figurine he shown me earlier. “But… let me see something,” Wrapping his hands together around the doll, he began to channel a different kind of power than what he used to heal my throat, well what ever the power he used he used that power to make an exact replica of the doll before handing it to me. “I may not know how it works now, but I believe that the next time we meet, I will have the knowledge that you seek. I believe there are others in the universe, each with their own trinket that serves as a catalyst to summoning them. However, getting that catalyst out to everyone else is the kind of knowledge I currently lack.”

“How interesting, but I feel like the next time we meet you will be dead, but I have been wrong before.” I Give a small smile. Despite my first impression of him he as been a delite to talk to and who know what this catalyst or others like it could do besides transportation.

The adept rogue chuckled at that, shortly before looking back at me. “So have I sometimes. But I will do what I can to stay alive until the next time we meet, Queen Loreley.”

“That’s the fun part. No one plans to die, it just happens.” I giggled a little ”But I do wish you luck in your life.”

“Why thank you,” He told me in response. “Before I go though… I would like to see Sombra one last time. You know, to say goodbye to him?”

“Of course.” I nodded, lowering both of us to the ground and back to the entrance of the cave that we were at earlier. “I would hurry. I feel the sisters will be arriving shortly.” I inform him and he nods before going in. I stay outside the cave to keep a eye out for the sisters as I fear our talk so out in the open might of given us away.

Haseo speaks to me once again, after he gets done with his talk. "Do everything you can to make sure he has a bright future."
"I already have a plan in place should I fail.” I look Haseo directly in the eyes. “I am not so arrogant as to think that victory is all but mine. Sombra will go with the sisters should they win. Though, I feel like it is more for his sake then mine.”

“You believe that he will do well in the hooves of the immortals you despise?”

I swiftly reply "No, but they are the only ones who could have a chance at taming the beast within him.” He just sighed and nodded before he started to fade and as he was fading he gave Sombra one last goodbye. I go and give Sombra the token and give him a hug. "You're still grounded." I informed him as my little boy chuckles slightly. "Stay put until Someone comes to get you." He just hugged the token and sits back down.

"Loreley, We know you are in there." Luna's voice echoes through out the cave.

Damn I thought I had more time. I give Sombra another hug before I leave the cave. Upon leaving I can see that the sisters do indeed have the elements just as Haseo has described to me.

"Are you ready to end this?" Celestia said as she takes a step foward.

"Sombra is in the cave." I informed them as I ready up Soul Shackle and they ready up their Elements. No one makes a move and it isn't until one of their recruits sneezes that everything come to a head as we both fire our spells at the same time, a bright light covers my vision before I was knocked out.

Author's Note:

this was brought to you by the Terror of Death I had a blast working with him tho I am ashamed to admit this took longer then I thought for my end to come out but it happens.

Oh and this story is now available for cross overs if you are interested Pm me and we can discuss things from there

Comments ( 20 )

Hey guys, Frost here. I’m glad to see that this chapter is finished. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future

9664785
Thanks. Glad to see you like it

9664795
I'm a warframe fan but I don't play the game (not a shooter fan)

So is this joining the displaced verse now or something?

9664839
Maybe I just like crossovers they are fun and mostly harmless

9664839
For future note, Viper was the one that came to me asking about it. I agreed and things went on from there. It’s his choice whether or not to have Loreley meet anyone else

9664844
Ok, I don’t mind crossovers as long as they actually do something for the story. Other than that your free to do as many crossovers as you wish and I’ll still most likely read it

Shouldnt the Elements be able to remove the corruption that our Death Avatar was inflicted with? Strange... I mean the future seem to be written more or less... Dont look like that will happen :applejackunsure:

10079164
It's not curruption

10690806
I mean that the reasons for the actions are not disclosed
(in the event that it is / performs a limited role of Death, and does not simply consider itself as such):
- if this is death, then why does it make the distinction between living things (microbes-fish-insects-different ponies);
- If there are memory problems due to which these differences are, then this is not enough / unconvincingly shown;
- if immortality is considered a "crimes against nature", then there is a logical chain (treatment, organ replacement, regeneration at the cellular level, body change .. are they also "crimes.."?), .. or is it the reason in the way of immortality?

And how does it relate to other, naturally immortal beings?
- Turritopsis doohmii(If the jellyfish is injured or sick, it returns to the polyp stage within three days. Thus, her cells return to a youthful state. After a while, the jellyfish will become an adult, and this will be repeated over and over again. );
- Deinococcus radiodurans (These microscopic creatures can even die but then come back to life again thanks to their incredible DNA repair reaction. Research has shown they can survive in extremely cold temperatures, dehydration, vacuum and acid );
- regenerating flatworms (Unlimited recovery allows these creatures to cheat death indefinitely );
- Tardigrada (These creatures are able to live for millennia or even forever, entering a state of cryptobiosis under adverse habitat conditions. As a result, their metabolism stops. But with the onset of favorable conditions, tardigrades quickly come to life. )

10690925
By the simple fact that I didn't think about those. And the all those creatures can still die yes they are incredibly difficult to kill but it can be done.

I cant wait for more of this story its really good I like how your handling sombra and Queen loreley

10079330
It was stated that the soul was corrupted to make hr what she become...

11322316
basically I didnt want the elements of harmony to just be a one stop shop to stopping the main character

11326276
Good point. That could be boring...

11326288
thanks for understanding

Login or register to comment