• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 5,381 Views, 98 Comments

Queen of the Dead - Viper Pit



All are equal in death that is a fact how ever there is one exception. The queen rules death and she doesn't take kindly to immortals who deny her what is rightfully owed

  • ...
20
 98
 5,381

The Battle Begins Day 1

It was the afternoon, the weather was sunny with a few patches of dark clouds in the sky. Although the weather was a little unsettling, the royal sisters or Equestria were enjoying some tea and sweet snacks during their small intermission from their royal court duties.

"Tis a marvelous afternoon for a lovely cup of tea, wouldn't you agree, my dear little sister Luna?" The older sister asks as she takes a sip from her cup before using her magic to levitate a piece of cake in front of her mouth.

"Indeed, and it is nice to finally unwind our aching bodies and spend some time with you again, Celestia," The younger sister said as she took a bite out of a blueberry muffin while her older sister devoured an entire slice of cake, which Luna finds amusing every time she sees it.

All seemed quite wholesome and tranquil for these hardworking sister when suddenly, a Royal Guard suited with golden armor bursts through the door with a scroll held rather tight on his mouth and his face was filled with worry and urgency.

“My Princesses!” He exclaimed before he formally yet hastily bowed before his mighty monarchs. Celestia saw the letter immediately and floated the parchment away from the guard's mouth and towards her.

“Yes, officer?” Celestia asked while removing the bind from the scroll and reading the contents with a stern expression.

“I received a message from a creature named Loreley, calling you to battle,” The guard stated.

“Hm... why must foes come around and rear their ugly heads with awful threats and engagements for war?” Luna grumbled as her day was ruined and a muffin left unfinished. ”Where shall we meet this... Lore-Lay creature?”

“Apparently, outside the apple orchards of... Ponyville?” Celestia said slowly, making sure she read it correctly, ”In the open apple orchards, away from the innocent population.”

“Then let us get our armor and prepare our guards for battle!” Luna valiantly stated with a growl as she got up from her comfortable seat.

“No... they wish for only us to show,” Celestia stated as she looked at her sister.

“Sister, you can’t HONESTLY think-” Luna was about to protest, but her sister’s hoof gently pressed against her lips silenced her verbal outrage but not her expression.

“Luna, I know it may be a trap, that is why...” she looked down at the guard,” I want you to prepare the soldiers and be ready for battle at sundown, understood?”

“Yes ma’am!” the guard saluted her and ran off, a new message in the hoof.

“Sister, let us get our weapons and armor on,” Celestia said simply, "I wish to discuss some sort of treaty with this Lore-ley individual first before resorting to senseless violence and unnecessary bloodshed... but if they won’t yield to our diplomatic negotiations, then they will regret ever threatening our lands and citizens with death for they shall have to face... my wrath.”

As soon as she mentioned "my wrath" with a low ominous tone, her eyes began to radiate with such intense light and heat that closely resembles the sun that she controls.


I aligned my soldiers of the undead in formations, each in a fine row of ten across twenty separate rows, their weapons and armor glowed with power and Death's blessing. We were ready to face these unholy abominations head on. I have asked Sombra to stay in the town away from the fighting because even though I rule death, I can only do so much to keep him safe on a battlefield. He was upset but understood that this was dangerous.

Looking up, I could tell that it was almost time for our guests to show up. I stand at the front ready to give the command to attack should they refuse to give up their souls. I get the feeling that this will end in a fight. I hear the flaps of pegasi and the marching sounds of an army.

Called it.

In front of the opposing army are the two royal sisters that I was informed about. One was a massive alabaster white with a rainbow mane and tail. I'll make the assumption that she's the head queen of the kingdom of ponies. The short one beside the white one that I'm guessing is the little sister had a dark blue fur coat with a star-patterned mane and tail. They were a bit taller than the average pony, sure, but still smaller than the other one by good, I'd say, two feet. I could not see their Cutie Marks because of the armor they wore.

I took a head start, walking to the middle of the field. I see that the DISGUSTING immortal abominations talk for a minute before coming to meet me in the halfway point.

"Greetings." I performed quick curtsy bow to show my opponents that I have some respect and formality, even though I would rather see these freaks of immortality burn on a stake and hearing their cries to me to end their lives quickly and that they regret being immortal.

I am not so just as to think that this fight will be easy or over quickly but I have some confidence that I'll get what I deserved in the end.

They were clearly surprised by my actions as it takes them a minute to collect themselves. "Greetings. I am Celestia and this is my sister, Luna," The white one named Celestia speaks.

"It is rare that we face an opponent that is as respectful as you." The blue one named Luna speaks. " I assume you are willing to negotiate. Yes?"

"I am along with the terms of the battle should they break down," I replied. I notice the grass around me starting to wither as I try and contain my anger. "I will start off simple. Give me your souls and your troops can go home, free and uninjured."

"I'm sorry but did you say give you our souls," Celestia replies in what I assume disbelief. "We can not do that I'm afraid." Her sister nods in agreement.

"Well, then I guess its time to discuss the battle terms," I say, leaving them to start off this portion of the talk.

"Should this battle last long, my sister and I have a right to stop fighting to do our duties of raising the moon and sun at the appropriate times," Luna suggests.

"During which time to clear the field of the wounded, yes?" I ask as I put a hand on my chin. They both nod "That is acceptable."

"We would also like the doctors and nurses to be safe from the fighting if possible," Celestia adds on to which I also agree to. "Anything you which to add, miss?"

"Loreley and I would like to cast a spell that would send those that fall into the afterlife almost immediately so they don't become ghosts over time." I can tell they were surprised at my words yet again. "Should I lose, I would like you to take care of my son." It seems they were judging me based on my appearance. But I cannot fault them, as they will not get the chance to know me.

Celestia quickly speaks up. "No offense, Lore-a-ley was it?" I give her a nod. "But why would we do that when we are about to battle?"

"For my son is not of my flesh, but I found him some months back when the land was in chaos," I tell them as I start preparing my spell.

"Well, if that is the case, Loreley, then it would be a great honor," Luna says as she shoots her sister a look. We each give a bow before going back to our respective sides. I cast Death's Fog as I walk, covering the area in a thick fog that will indeed send the souls of the fallen to the afterlife as I said. But the fog also helps hide my troops, as they barely make any noise, at least when the battle starts, anyway.

Despite the fact that neither side can see the other, the tension in the air was so thick that you could get stuck in it should you try and jump. After waiting a few moments, I move my right hand forward and my army of just two hundred skeletons starts marching in sync to the enemy.

I will not hold any grudges to those that will die this day as they are just following miss guided orders, I think as I can hear the battle begin. I know my forces are not as adaptable as the sisters', but mine has the edge in endurance and durability.

Seeing a yellow bolt of magic coming my way, I move my skeletal hands to block it, lowering one of the hands to where I can get on it quickly. Taking to the battlefield myself, I use my magic to reassemble any defeated skeletons I see. The work will be shoddy, and they won't last long, but hopefully, they will take out one or two more before they fall again.

"Laughing Skulls," I say as six skulls from my army catch a brilliant purple fire as they start laughing before they lock on to a poor soul. Once the skulls are in range, they explode. I see some pegasi dropping large rocks from the nearby forest on my troops.
Seeing this, I raise a hand, and some of my troops equipped with ranged weapons immediately take fire at the pegasi, scoring more than a few fatal blows. I see that my spell is working as the souls do indeed go into the afterlife.

The pegasi were just small fry compared to the earth ponies and the unicorns, as they are doing a number on my "small" army. It seems my Laughing Skull attack caused some damage but was overall ineffective. How do I know this? Well, simply I can see through the fog, as I am the ones that cast it. Real handy, actually.

How interesting. The earth ponies are acting as a wall while the unicorns support them and provide artillery fire with magic, I observe as I start casting another spell, this one is what I call "Soul Shackle." I finish casting it rather quickly, as it's a simple spell. Shooting two ethereal chains from each of my hands, I hit four earth ponies causing them to feel the full weight of their sins on their souls.

Before I could do anything else, however, a blue beam of magic blasts one of my arms off. "How inconvenient," I mutter as I drop the spell to look at the pony that struck the blow. I see that it is Luna and her sister up in the sky.

"Thou art unarmed, heh," Luna says as Celestia rolls her eyes. "Give up now Loreley."

"The battle has only just begun," I say as I secretly summon my skeletal hands.

"What are you up to?" Celestia spoke up. "Why are you doing this?" With subtle movements in my still attached arm, I direct the hands into the guts of the sisters. The hit was strong enough to knock them to the ground but nearly enough to subdue them.

"You should have asked that before the battle," I simply reply as I go over to a dead pony, tearing a foreleg off and attaching it to my socket. My magic immediately starts to transform the limb into my former one. Unfortunately, this also gave the sisters time to recover and attack, as it had taken longer then I expected to recover my arm.

Dodging the sisters' aerial assaults are not easy, especially since I am not used to using my magic in such an aggressive way. So, for the time being, I simply look for patterns in their attacks and try and wear them out. However unlikely that second one is, it is still worth a shot. After all, the living must rest.

The battle continues throughout the rest of the day and night only really stopping for the agreed upon raising and lowering of the sun and moon respectively and the abominations have no signs of slowing down their assault they just seem to run out of magic or at least stop blasting it randomly at me in favor of more physical attacks.

So it seems my plan is working just not as fast as I would like. I think as I dodge boulder that one of their troops flung at me. And their followers are not giving much room to attack either. At least The pegasi seem to have stopped coming after me. Probably because they drop like flies around me.

I'm knocked out of my thoughts be a solid hit to the side of the head as I am slung across the battlefield. Now I'm mad.

“Soul shackles!” I scream as I launch the ethereal chains at the sisters with one hand and with the other I launch it at the soldiers. "You will pay for your sins!!" I say before I slam the two groups together as their sins weigh them down. Then A Idea strikes me I may longer have a skeleton army but that doesn't mean I won't be out of troops.

Casting an extremely rushed version of the spell I used on the skeletons as I say. "Raise dead." I can see the abominations getting up as I had to cancel soul shackle in order to do this but it will be worth it. I look at their horror as their once dear allies rise from the dead. “Your own soldiers will end you, abominations.”

They reply but I don't really care about the words they speak as I can feel that the battle is about to turn in my favor. Seeing that The blue one whose name escapes me at the moment is having some trouble. I can't help but smile as I cast. “Laughing skulls!" And like before some of the skulls from the dead soldiers catch fire and rush towards the sisters leaving the bodies to resume their march. The attack is successful and The blue one gets hit by at least three of the skulls. The rest follow Celestia. “One down, one to go."

I use one of my skeletal hand to grab Luna by the throat and hold her in the air. Ah yes, I remember now Luna is her name. The other one continues to fly and barely dodge one of the exploding skulls. "You can't run forever Celestia." I taunt. It would seem I would be back with Sombra before I knew it. Maybe I could take over the abominations castle and turn

“Mommy!" A very familiar voice calls out.

"Sombra?"

Author's Note:

up next day to and the long-awaited crossover.