• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 5,383 Views, 98 Comments

Queen of the Dead - Viper Pit



All are equal in death that is a fact how ever there is one exception. The queen rules death and she doesn't take kindly to immortals who deny her what is rightfully owed

  • ...
20
 98
 5,383

Prologue: The Reason for Death

Balance is needed in everything... and in nothing.

Too much of anything is bad. You drink to much water and you die of water poisoning, too many sweets and you get sick. Too much light and no shade to cover yourself will make you go blind.

Receiving nothing at all is similar to that philosophy. If you don't drink water for at least a day, you will slowly suffer from thirst and die from dehydration if it continued. If there is no light and there is only darkness and that is the only thing you will see.

You see what I am getting at.

Life needs death and death needs a life, they need each other to exist or nothing exists. They say immortality is a sinful curse that no one should ever seek and death is a blessing that shouldn't be feared. That is true for all the reasons you think and more.

So what happens when all concepts: the Sun, the Moon, Harmony, and Chaos have avatars to roam the planet and encounter one another. Well, the answer is simple. An avatar of death is needed to bring in the other avatars when their time has come for balance to be achieved.

Who better than to pick an avatar of death then Death himself. You see death is a busy entity and has many important duties to get done. So to pick the perfect avatar, he must be quick and efficient. He will use the tried and true method of a dart and the stream of souls that are running throughout his realm of the dead and afterlife. He doesn't have time to interview each individual soul to ferry them to the afterlife from across the multiverse.

Death imbues the dart with some ancient powers at the sharp tip, throws with a precise shot towards a near random collection of souls and it lands in a soul that has been on the waiting list for the afterlife for quite some time now. Death was satisfied with this choice and quickly deploys his new avatar to the others to achieve balance once again. The soul begins to transform from a lovely little ball of white into a big black soul as it travels to its destination. The magic also begins to construct it a vessel to which to interact with its new world.

It takes the newly empowered soul some time to settle into its new form as its memories of its old one are erased like a chalk drawing in the rain. When that newly created avatar awakens it will know only whispers of the past and how to use her new powers once they settle into their new form that is.